[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/11/2018  8:53 PM
I'm not talking about grand concourse, lol....

Supposedly Charlotte wants to do a hard reset... I would love Kemba here. Yes I would trade Frenchy.... but this might be a Jordan special where he basically makes a trade approved by Stevie Wonder.

What say you?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/11/2018  9:08 PM
Id trade Frank for Kemba as part of a deal. Frank's offense is still a question mark. No questions about what Walker brings to the table.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2018  9:10 PM
Not really interested in adding salaries at this point, so I say no to Batum. I might want to take a look at Gilchrist for our lowest second-rounder. Walker is like 27 now on a good deal. I have to think long on that one.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/11/2018  9:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Id trade Frank for Kemba as part of a deal. Frank's offense is still a question mark. No questions about what Walker brings to the table.

Yeah done, Frank is so awful offensively

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/11/2018  9:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2018  9:31 PM
Lots of ifs here... but you would think adding Kemba would propel the Knicks to the playoffs.... still lack a small fwd but at that point the Knicks might try for a small fwd too....

Don't ask me how we get Kemba.... use your imaginatiom!

Knicks could actually trade Kanter, KOQ or Willy here... salary dump. It hate to see KOQ or Kanter go buy I'm a Knicks fan. I'm totally ok with being left with Noah as a starter. I believe he's healthy.

KP, Timmy, Noah, Kemba, Lee.... Beas off the bench. Possibly Trey Burke? Let's ****ing go

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler

1/11/2018  9:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:Lots of ifs here... but you would think adding Kemba would propel the Knicks to the playoffs.... still lack a small fwd but at that point the Knicks might try for a small fwd too....

Don't ask me how we get Kemba.... use your imaginatiom!

Knicks could actually trade Kanter, KOQ or Willy here... salary dump. It hate to see KOQ or Kanter go buy I'm a Knicks fan. I'm totally ok with being left with Noah as a starter. I believe he's healthy.

KP, Timmy, Noah, Kemba, Lee.... Beas off the bench. Possibly Trey Burke? Let's ****ing go

Im pretty sure that Walker would make KP/Kanter a more effective tandem. Whoever might hypothetically be brought in at PG, I would want to see them try to work with that frontcourt before any moves are made.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2018  11:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Not really interested in adding salaries at this point, so I say no to Batum. I might want to take a look at Gilchrist for our lowest second-rounder. Walker is like 27 now on a good deal. I have to think long on that one.

I just look up Gilchrist's stats. It would take more than a #2 to get him. He's just a three-point shot away from being a new age Gerald Wallace. As for Kemba Walker, I'd love to bring him in, but nothing we have make sense from a salary and desirability standpoint. I wouldn't be keen on giving up Frank or first at this point, unless Noah is part of the deal. Does Kemba make us, at the very least, a fourth seed? Probably not. Fifth seed, maybe, but our cap might be too out of wack at that point to move forward. It's tempting, but I'd pass.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/11/2018  11:46 PM
I love Kemba Walker, but I have a feeling he's one of those guys you love because you only pay attention to him a few times a year. Probably a little different seeing him over 82 games.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/12/2018  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  12:01 AM
Welpee wrote:I love Kemba Walker, but I have a feeling he's one of those guys you love because you only pay attention to him a few times a year. Probably a little different seeing him over 82 games.

Isn't this true about any player?
Fortunately teams have personal to see the whole body of work not just highlights.
There are a lot of players in NBA who will improve Knicks but we do not have anything to get them and anything that they will like to join yet.
WE need to first build the house and only then invite the inhabitants.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/12/2018  12:40 AM
I saw a trade proposal where they had kemba, williams for frank, noah and Knicks #1 pick. No way do I do that.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/12/2018  3:13 AM
Walker plays well against us but who doesn’t. He’s a in the bubble all star and would work well w KP and whatever 5 Knicks keep. I like Gilchrist but this is a deal that ain’t happening.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2018  8:40 AM
Walker is good, but i would rather just sign him as a free agent next summer. I want to stay patient then add either Walker or Middleton in summer 2019.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

1/12/2018  8:43 AM
Not trading Frank.....not trading our 1st......impatience is why we have been in this mess the last decade and half
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/12/2018  8:58 AM
Frank tomorrow is not what Frank is today. 40 games in and fans are losing patience.
Kemba is under 6 foot and what happens when small guys lose that explosive step?

Think why Jordan wants to trade these guys? He knows that core is going nowhere. What if you added KP to the Hornets? Would that change the whole franchise?

Frank and KP are hitting a wall because of THjr’s injury.
Making trades based on todays shortfall are not bad ideas but the long view is what most important.
Hornets have failed with Zeller who is not progressing as thought. Dwight is a disaster anywhere he goes. I have seen Hornets in person more than knicks and he plays for his pay.
Kemba when hot is awesome. His future is off the bench as a “Microwave”. I’m not knocking his talent, just his fit in our future.

Giving up on Frank after 40 games at age 19 when he is obviously struggling it’s his shot and thinking this is his whole career is shortsightingly ignorant. This is what rebuilding is like, its uneven, frustrating and requires patience. Need some imagination. No guarantees. If you want that you end up with mediocrity.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/12/2018  9:06 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Not trading Frank.....not trading our 1st......impatience is why we have been in this mess the last decade and half

Who were we ever impatient with that we let go and they turned into a stud. Was it tony douglas, landry fields, Danilo,wilson chandler,Galloway, Lee, nate..Trades, FA, draft, can't rely on one more than the other.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2018  9:07 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank tomorrow is not what Frank is today. 40 games in and fans are losing patience.
Kemba is under 6 foot and what happens when small guys lose that explosive step?

Think why Jordan wants to trade these guys? He knows that core is going nowhere. What if you added KP to the Hornets? Would that change the whole franchise?

Making trades based on todays shortfall are not bad ideas but the long view is what most important.
Hornets have failed with Zeller who is not progressing as thought. Dwight is a disaster anywhere he goes. I have seen Hornets in person more than knicks and he plays for his pay.
Kemba when hot is awesome. His future is off the bench as a “Microwave”. I’m not knocking his talent, just his fit in our future.

Giving up on Frank after 40 games at age 19 when he is obviously struggling it’s his shot and thinking this is his whole career is shortsightingly ignorant. This is what rebuilding is like, its uneven, frustrating and requires patience. Need some imagination. No guarantees. If you want that you end up with mediocrity.

This will always be the common theme here, losing patience. I mean there were people losing patience with Porzingis last year and ready to trade him at age 21. That proves this fanbase will lose patience with literally anyone and it's sad and embarrassing.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/12/2018  9:07 AM
Anyone who wants to trade Frank for Kemba is just being a short sighted Knights fan
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/12/2018  10:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Not trading Frank.....not trading our 1st......impatience is why we have been in this mess the last decade and half

Who were we ever impatient with that we let go and they turned into a stud. Was it tony douglas, landry fields, Danilo,wilson chandler,Galloway, Lee, nate..Trades, FA, draft, can't rely on one more than the other.

Danilo was the only high pick we get all this years and he is fine player.
Lee was also great for the teams he played.
When team is trading high draft picks away for decades the probability to succeed is close to nothing.
NBA is running on cap so it is no way to pay you way to success.
So no doubt teams have to use all avenues to get and grow talent.
But this is a PROCESS not a chane of lucky bets.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/12/2018  10:31 AM
I am not trading Frank for Kemba. He is our own and I want to see the man grow. Again...this is his rookie year as a 19 year old. He has shown great skills defensively. His passing abilities and vision are very good. Patience.
GustavBahler

1/12/2018  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  10:37 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:Frank tomorrow is not what Frank is today. 40 games in and fans are losing patience.

This will always be the common theme here, losing patience. I mean there were people losing patience with Porzingis last year and ready to trade him at age 21. That proves this fanbase will lose patience with literally anyone and it's sad and embarrassing.

Not reading any trades for Frank that involve retreads, broken down vets. Fultz and Walker are the two players I would be open to bringing here for Frank. The number one pick, potential superstar PG, and a starting PG (From NYC) in his prime, putting up elite numbers.

If anything its a compliment for the bar to be that high to be open to a trade involving Frank. As I said upthread, Frank's offense is still a question mark. We just dont know if he has that scorers mentality in him. He's had many opportunities to change that this season.

Thats what will separate Frank from being a starter in this league. Thats why you dont ignore good offers.

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy