[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BULLS OR KNICKS
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
1/11/2018  10:43 AM
which team is in a better position for the future with their young core? Markenan, Dunn, valentine, nwaba, portis and then throw in Levine who I really love and you can make a decent argument. Porzingis might be the best of them but the Bulls future looks real solid now.
Porzingis, hernangomez, frank, Ron baker?
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/11/2018  10:55 AM
SkyWalker wrote:which team is in a better position for the future with their young core? Markenan, Dunn, valentine, nwaba, portis and then throw in Levine who I really love and you can make a decent argument. Porzingis might be the best of them but the Bulls future looks real solid now.

Bulls by far.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/11/2018  11:16 AM
SkyWalker wrote:which team is in a better position for the future with their young core? Markenan, Dunn, valentine, nwaba, portis and then throw in Levine who I really love and you can make a decent argument. Porzingis might be the best of them but the Bulls future looks real solid now.

The Knicks don’t even play the young players. They are vet heavy in play time and shots taken. KP is now a third year player well on his way to the 4 th year. JH has moved on from Dotson and Willie. He is enamoured with Baker and Ntlikina is the only one play roughly 20 minutes. Where is the youth movement here where is the rebuild. Just by what is happening you know where the organization is headed. It’s a step away from instant gratification. They have stopped the development process. This is where JH has failed.

The whole idea behind this Year was get the young players heavy reps.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/11/2018  11:26 AM
It will all depend on how Frank develops. Markannen can really score but might not have a position on defense. No other star potential on their roster, whereas Porzingis is a 2-way star in the making. It's just too early to say.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/11/2018  11:33 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Bulls by far.

look who they got in their trade for butler, and look what we got..a NTC.

They also play a style that fits their young roster, and a have much better balance roster. They don't post up markkanen just because he's 7 ft tall and can shoot, they don't tell dunn to slow it down knowing he's a fast pace pg

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/11/2018  11:55 AM
Grass is always greener.
Bulls have decent talent. They started rough, we started strong so the contrast is there.
We don't watch every bulls game.
Grass is greener theory.
BRIGGS
1/11/2018  12:20 PM
Knixkik wrote:It will all depend on how Frank develops. Markannen can really score but might not have a position on defense. No other star potential on their roster, whereas Porzingis is a 2-way star in the making. It's just too early to say.

Lavine?

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/11/2018  12:32 PM

Definitely the Bulls but both teams are taking different approaches to rebuilding. The Bulls had a star in J.Butler to trade and bring in a bunch of good young talent and we aren't gonna trade KP. The Bulls don't have any horrible contracts on their books that will hold them back in their rebuild and the Knicks do.

BRIGGS
1/11/2018  12:36 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Definitely the Bulls but both teams are taking different approaches to rebuilding. The Bulls had a star in J.Butler to trade and bring in a bunch of good young talent and we aren't gonna trade KP. The Bulls don't have any horrible contracts on their books that will hold them back in their rebuild and the Knicks do.

we dont even play all our young players. For the Knick I Thomas is the way to go.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/11/2018  12:41 PM
Vmart wrote:

The Knicks don’t even play the young players. They are vet heavy in play time and shots taken. KP is now a third year player well on his way to the 4 th year. JH has moved on from Dotson and Willie. He is enamoured with Baker and Ntlikina is the only one play roughly 20 minutes. Where is the youth movement here where is the rebuild. Just by what is happening you know where the organization is headed. It’s a step away from instant gratification. They have stopped the development process. This is where JH has failed.

The whole idea behind this Year was get the young players heavy reps.

That was the whole idea coming into the season and then we got off to a good start and were looking like a definite playoff team so they obviously decided to try to make the playoffs instead of trying to play and develop the young guys. This should all change and go back to being about building once we're looking clearly out of being a playoff team. Timmy is definitely gonna help this team get better for sure and has clearly been missed more then most thought he would be, so now we'll have to see how everything goes with Timmy back. If they start playing well and winning again then they're gonna keep going for the playoffs. I know most of us fans would rather they just play the young guys to help them develop but that's not how it works with coaches, players and the front office who all see making the playoffs being more important then having a higher draft pick or developing the young guys right now. We're also gonna have T.Burke up here soon and could end up taking the starting job away from J.Jack, but that depends on if Burke really has changed and wants it more or if what he's doing in the G-League is just because he's playing against players that 95% of will never be in the NBA.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/11/2018  12:43 PM

They gave up 120+ points the past five games in a row. Those scrubs can’t play. Laurie is solid but just has had a hot shooting night here and there taking advantage of our poor perimeter D. Hasn’t done anything else well. Team full of scrubs, they’ll all be flushed out next year.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/11/2018  1:03 PM
3 wins versus 3 losses. Tomorrow may never arrive. We could all be nuclear toast.
We have Zinger, who's tired, a hurt SG and a bunch of one hit wonder veteran flotsam. Not much to contend with right now. Agree that JH is coaching for his job, not for the future yoots.

Maybe we can have one of these threads for every team that's worse than us, record-wise.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/11/2018  1:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:It will all depend on how Frank develops. Markannen can really score but might not have a position on defense. No other star potential on their roster, whereas Porzingis is a 2-way star in the making. It's just too early to say.

Lavine?

Lavine is a scorer. A Jamal Crawford-type who will probably be a great 6th man. He doesn't defend either.
Nalod
USA
1/11/2018  2:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

we dont even play all our young players. For the Knick I Thomas is the way to go.

IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT...........

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2018  4:08 PM
I don't know the Bulls situation for future picks other than they don't have their second round pick. I do like their roster a lot. The Bulls got a gem in Nwaba as an undrafted pick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/11/2018  6:25 PM
I like the way the Bulls have fought the Knicks but I wouldn't get too carried away IMO the Knicks haven't maximized their talent whereas the Bulls kind of played above their heads. Knicks allow 3pt shooters so that plays right into the strengths of teams including the Bulls with Markkanen.

The absence of THJ has been a big part of the losing. The Knicks are a different team with THJ.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/12/2018  5:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You might have a point just because the shape we are in cap wise as well. I agree with you about using our pick to dump Noah it might be the right thing to do
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
1/12/2018  9:12 AM
Dump a mid first round pick and Noah to sign IT2 for 4 years and $100mil?
While no pick is a guarantee we have learned that the more picks you have the increase the odds you’ll find a gem in the draft. OUr status today as such because for years we traded picks.
Today our forums advocate giving up on a 19 year old half way thru his rookie season because his progress has stagnated for 10 games, and now we advocate trading a pick and Noah on the concept that fans are impatient with the rebuild and want to speed it up?
The Starphuch Moooby Lickers need to up the adderal and relax.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/12/2018  9:30 AM

Think Knicks still look pretty good. Specially with Tim and KP here for a while. And there is no surprise that I did not want Frank at 8 but he, IMO, is better than Dunn. Valentine, Nwaba have still a lot to prove and have been inconsistent. Portis has been an enigma for a couple of years now. Lavine has to show how injury effects his game. Do think Markenan will be a stud though. You may be right about Dotson and Baker and Willy are just not where most would want them to be. But still think the Knicks have some good young pieces. Think we just need to add a wing and another penetrating threat.

Our issue is that the peices that have made us deeper are not long term. Lee with just two years left. and may be a trade piece the next two years. Mcbuckets has only one year left so he will probably be traded middle of of next year if Knicks feel they cant match offers or resign him. It will depend on how well he plays through next year. Good play will demand more money. Bad play the Knicks will want to trade him. Kanter may opt out, specially if he feels he has had a reduced role lately. Which he has. KO is probably gone soon. Our best player the last month will want to cash in this off season on his good play and dont think the Knicks will want to pay.

Still think that we can be a very competive team in the playoffs if we add a couple of pieces via trade. Just not by giving up draft picks. Would look to trade KO, Willy, LT. Preferblfy for draft picks. Would give away Noah for free or add a 2nd rounder to do so. If not, let him build value playing behind Kanter. Would look to extend Buckets, Kanter now that their play has cooled off. Extend Beasley before he continues to light it up and his/agents head get too big. Think we can pick up some helo via waivers or bring up Burke and sign a couple of D league gusy to make up for LT, KO and Willy. Look at what Houston did with Green. Some good fillers out there.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
1/12/2018  9:59 AM
Knicks will need more time.
We get marginal talent from Melo trade and a lot of dead weight is still to be dumped or expire.
It will take considerably longer and will require more patience and resolve.
For now KP and Frank is all we have as future pieces.
Our 25-years old "veterans" are still on trial. A couple of them will stick around for sure and will be decent.
We need to add 5 more NBA level players at minimum and this will take a couple of seasons.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BULLS OR KNICKS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy