[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Briggs, you are so wrong about this team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/12/2018  7:49 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Will that roster win enough games to justify signing IT.

My reasoning is likely to be dramatically different from Briggs. ( Using logic and all that...)

I see the next two years as burning time. Phil Jackson truly f**ked this team right at the end. Totally f**ked the next four years of this team in his last offseason. (Seriously, shut up Nix, no one wants to hear it from you right now)

I don't think Noah and Lance Thomas are movable. At all. That's two more years of just ugly contracts. I'm not quite sure Lee can be moved, not without taking in an equal salary of some kind for the same length. It stands to reason that Kanter will opt in. There are just too many bad contracts to progressively move forward. Worse, the more this team loses, the more it risks Zinger leaving the first chance he gets.

IT2 would be an open acknowledgement that the next two seasons are just burning time, but the team can at least be fun and entertaining while that time smokes off. He's a fun player to watch. Together with Zinger, they can probably get the 8th seed and form up some highlight reels. As long as they hold their draft picks, they can keep drafting guys and hoping they pan out.

With or without IT2, this is a team that won't be bad enough to get a high lottery pick.

If it's going to be a waste of two years because of the ugly contracts, then have it be two years where the team just has fun and makes it fun for the fans. Again, the SSOL Suns under Pringles and Nash was very much like this.

Briggs will likely think the Knicks can be a contender with IT2.

Yeah, no.

I wonder if we can get I Thomas right now for Oquinn and SEssions.

I think it would be better for both teams. I dont see two ball dominant players working in Clev but they really could use Oquinn. That gives us a hlaf year to evaluate him up close.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/12/2018  9:05 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

My reasoning is likely to be dramatically different from Briggs. ( Using logic and all that...)

I see the next two years as burning time. Phil Jackson truly f**ked this team right at the end. Totally f**ked the next four years of this team in his last offseason. (Seriously, shut up Nix, no one wants to hear it from you right now)

I don't think Noah and Lance Thomas are movable. At all. That's two more years of just ugly contracts. I'm not quite sure Lee can be moved, not without taking in an equal salary of some kind for the same length. It stands to reason that Kanter will opt in. There are just too many bad contracts to progressively move forward. Worse, the more this team loses, the more it risks Zinger leaving the first chance he gets.

IT2 would be an open acknowledgement that the next two seasons are just burning time, but the team can at least be fun and entertaining while that time smokes off. He's a fun player to watch. Together with Zinger, they can probably get the 8th seed and form up some highlight reels. As long as they hold their draft picks, they can keep drafting guys and hoping they pan out.

With or without IT2, this is a team that won't be bad enough to get a high lottery pick.

If it's going to be a waste of two years because of the ugly contracts, then have it be two years where the team just has fun and makes it fun for the fans. Again, the SSOL Suns under Pringles and Nash was very much like this.

Yeah, no.

I think it would be better for both teams. I dont see two ball dominant players working in Clev but they really could use Oquinn. That gives us a hlaf year to evaluate him up close.

Even if you could, it is the wrong fit for us. We've seen our team play improve without Melo, yet you want to go back.

The plan that I want to see them follow- and one I think they are following- is to continue to build a team for the future, and align what they are doing in terms of trades and FA, with our core of KP. Dude won't hit his peak years for 3-5 still. Add pieces with that time frame in mind.

You don't like the first round after 9?

I have 2 things to say:

San Antonio will likely find a contributor in this draft when they pick.

And we have a high second rounder from Chicago which we could likely bundle and move up in the draft with.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/12/2018  9:06 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Yeah, no.

Well ok then. Makes sense. I can see how you talk yourself into this. Basically find a low cost noncommittal deal thats not based on any reality but would be acceptable. Then if IT2 does well you can say “see, I told you”! If not, it goes in the scrap heap with the rest of your sugestions not accountable for.

knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
1/12/2018  1:03 PM
IT is a nice player, but he's undersized and has a bad hip (as has been stated). Mark my words - a championship team can not afford their starting PG to be such a huge defensive liability. Just won't work in this day and age where people are raining 3's from the perimeter.
Rose is not the answer.
Briggs, you are so wrong about this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy