Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/19/2018  6:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2018  6:26 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

They are linked to Trey Young

Dennis for that #8 hmmmm???

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

6/19/2018  8:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2018  8:44 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Hell no. No way. They better take Noah back if we're doing that. 6'1 and not an elite defender. No thank you.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/19/2018  11:05 PM
ankurk wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Hell no. No way. They better take Noah back if we're doing that. 6'1 and not an elite defender. No thank you.

#8 is Cleveland's pick.

I could see a #8 and Clarkson for Shroeder and #19 type deal. Gets Cavs a proven PG entering his prime to entice Lebron while not completely sacrificing their future for it. Shroeder also gets paid pretty cheap for today market at $15.5 per. ATL goes for a Young/Carter combo at 3 & 8.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/20/2018  12:38 AM

Well no one knows for sure eh? KNICKS PLEASE don't mess up #9th pick!
Knicks at #9 can improve with Either Knox OR M.Bridges..

I may be premature in saying but Consider 1 thing, You rather have Nova Champ Bridges (why not?) whom in NBA may be more of CELTs
J.Brown player, nothing dull BUT nothing overly exciting.

OR the K.Wildcats Kevin Knox whom has potential to be Paul George type (I don't know, bout that NO PGeorge killa' instinct yet!)
whom Knox may be another coming of CELTs J.Tatum.

Mmmmmm

Ya all know I like PG T.Young over Sexton.
However OUR Knicks ain't going no where next 1-2 years at least,
SO why not go for the HomeRun Kevin Knox ?

NBA TV is so high on C.Sexton for KNICKS, saying they'd be crazy to not take Sexton. Anyone which is Sexton whom compares to Eric Bledsoe type on nbadraft.net, I'm not impressed. What has E.Bledsoe done ??? in the NBA what? I don't need to hear Sexton is answer
since Bledsoe has done very little playoff visits.

He can't yet play Defense, Goes for his own shot. Shoots well or better outside arc than closer
BUT goes inside to basket for offense. He has alot to learn but I'm sure his ceiling is higher than sure thing Nova's M.Bridges

I like Bridges alot .. However KNICKS can't bunt here, cant even hit a double.

AT #9th pick we need to finally KNOCK THE KNICK PICK OUT OF THE Freaking park, as Homerun Pick.
The Only solely possible HomeRun Pick possibility since their are NO 1-5 picks sinking to # 9.

Why NOT (or KNOT )as in KNOX, eh KNICKS ? Yep Knox has a bit to go to be like Jayson Tatum, BUT Knox is being talked about all week.
Take a chance its time to get some Go-nads And do the Unthinkable.
Besides Villanova players, Knox comes from Kentucky. BUNCH of Kentucky players make it in NBA.

I feel the younger youth K.Knox has a chance he's going to surprise some whom pass on him.
Tobias Harris ?like reviews. I don't think So! < nothing personal on Harris> If anything Harris better inner shooter than Knox.

I am not sure Harris is more talented than Knox.
Knox is not raw, nor is he deemed a project (how can he ? He's a #9th pick).. May not be there but if THERE GO FOR KNOX
if gone then pick M.Bridges if around.

Both Bridges and Knox will be gone by first 7-9 picks. Paul George comparison? way too soon but kid can play/develop.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/20/2018  11:52 AM
How i think it will play out as of right now:

1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. Doncic
4. Jackson Jr.
5. Bamba
6. Young
7. Carter Jr.
8. Porter Jr.
9. Knox to the Knicks
10. Mikal
11. Miles
12. Sexton
13. Walker
14. SGA

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/20/2018  11:55 AM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

6/20/2018  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  2:17 PM
Draft Express nailed the first 11 picks in order in last summer’s mock. Here’s their latest:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

I hope they're wrong. I'd still take Mikal because he has at least two NBA skills, shooting and defense. Knox might not have any.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/20/2018  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  2:30 PM
reub wrote:Draft Express nailed the first 11 picks in order in last summer’s mock. Here’s their latest:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

I hope they're wrong. I'd still take Mikal because he has at least two NBA skills, shooting and defense. Knox might not have any.

Nah...Knox is more skilled and stronger than Mikal. And he has a higher upside too....Mikal is the safer pick though. If it came down to those 2 players at 9, I would take Knox.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2018  2:47 PM
reub wrote:Draft Express nailed the first 11 picks in order in last summer’s mock. Here’s their latest:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

Why? They worked out Knox vs. his peers. They know way more about him than us. Can they whiff? Sure... I prefer Mikal above them all, but you have to consider if they take Knox with Mikal on the board that Knox showing some things that pushed the FO to pick him no?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub
Member: #6227

6/20/2018  2:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

Why? They worked out Knox vs. his peers. They know way more about him than us. Can they whiff? Sure... I prefer Mikal above them all, but you have to consider if they take Knox with Mikal on the board that Knox showing some things that pushed the FO to pick him no?

Going by a workout over a long body of work can bite you in the ass. Knox had low blocks, low steals and low rebounds over a season, not just an hour. That being said, I liked his workout video and wonder if Fiz can motivate him to play defense and rebound.

We might actually have a choice between Trae, MPJr, Knox, and Mikal. What do we do there? Rumors are that Trae and MPJr are dropping.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/20/2018  3:32 PM
mock draft special on ESPN right now for all you junkies
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
6/20/2018  3:48 PM
reub wrote:
fishmike wrote:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

Going by a workout over a long body of work can bite you in the ass. Knox had low blocks, low steals and low rebounds over a season, not just an hour. That being said, I liked his workout video and wonder if Fiz can motivate him to play defense and rebound.

We might actually have a choice between Trae, MPJr, Knox, and Mikal. What do we do there? Rumors are that Trae and MPJr are dropping.

of course it can... but Knox is also 18. Like we will see with Frank you develop very quickly, and even if it took a year or two so be it... so long as he gets there. Knox could still grow.

If it was me I would take Mikal and never look back. I see an elite defensive ceiling. Envision a Tayshaun Prince type. Not quite as long, but stronger and a better shooter. If you redo that draft Prince is a top 5 pick

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/20/2018  3:59 PM
I want to know who drafts SGA! His whole process has been shrouded is secrecy - you have to assume he's either going high or to an attractive city, otherwise why would he agree to do so few workouts and stay off radar? I know he's been suddenly linked to the cavs, but I don't see that being the team he'd want to go to.

Any guesses?

fishmike
USA
6/20/2018  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:I want to know who drafts SGA! His whole process has been shrouded is secrecy - you have to assume he's either going high or to an attractive city, otherwise why would he agree to do so few workouts and stay off radar? I know he's been suddenly linked to the cavs, but I don't see that being the team he'd want to go to.

Any guesses?

Hard to see someone higher taking SGA and moving up 4-5 spots is a lot of money on that rookie deal.

I love SGA and would not bat an eye if we took him. While he and Frank may be redundant that is a positive, not a negative. He just does so many things right on both sides of the ball. Not sure how explosive an athlete he is... I have no been able to gauge that as he relies on his length and (very good) footwork for excellent position.

I would be excited for any of these guys because I think the Knicks are targeting a basic model of highest ceiling, 2 way, high IQ player. None are going to check every box at pick #9, but I liked the guys we had in and the guys we have brought in. I am optimistic about the future of the team getting brighter after tomorrow night. Only guy I really fear is Young because he's easily got the lowest ceiling of the guys who will be considered at 9

smackeddog
6/20/2018  4:28 PM
I think the mavs definitely want Doncic (which is why they talked up Porter in the hope the Griz will take him over Doncic, kind of like what they tried with us and Frank last year. Griz however are screwed if the Hawks take Doncic as the next 2 prospects (assuming Porter may miss a year) are Jackson and Bamba, who don't really Co plement Marc Gasol (and both have refused to workout or share medicals with the Griz).

I think if the Hawks take Doncic, then the griz will trade their pick amd parsons for the best vet they can get

smackeddog
6/20/2018  4:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I want to know who drafts SGA! His whole process has been shrouded is secrecy - you have to assume he's either going high or to an attractive city, otherwise why would he agree to do so few workouts and stay off radar? I know he's been suddenly linked to the cavs, but I don't see that being the team he'd want to go to.

Any guesses?

Hard to see someone higher taking SGA and moving up 4-5 spots is a lot of money on that rookie deal.

I love SGA and would not bat an eye if we took him. While he and Frank may be redundant that is a positive, not a negative. He just does so many things right on both sides of the ball. Not sure how explosive an athlete he is... I have no been able to gauge that as he relies on his length and (very good) footwork for excellent position.

I would be excited for any of these guys because I think the Knicks are targeting a basic model of highest ceiling, 2 way, high IQ player. None are going to check every box at pick #9, but I liked the guys we had in and the guys we have brought in. I am optimistic about the future of the team getting brighter after tomorrow night. Only guy I really fear is Young because he's easily got the lowest ceiling of the guys who will be considered at 9

I do wonder if we're the team that would draft SGA, or maybe the Bulls.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/20/2018  5:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. JJJ
4. Luka
5. Bamba
6. Carter
7. Porter
8. SGA
9. Knox
10 Mikal Bridges
11 Collin
12 Young

Yeah...I have to go with our brass at this point...until they prove they're incompetent. First draft for Perry, and it looks like there are many decent players available at 9.

I can live with Knox or Mikal...or others.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/20/2018  5:22 PM
INTERESTING!

RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/20/2018  5:26 PM
nixluva wrote:INTERESTING!

Would LOVE that pick/move! Anyone/Anything but KP, FN and next years #1.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  5:28 PM
nixluva wrote:INTERESTING!

And to add:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy