The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2018  4:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  4:14 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net

New nba mock draft out

Has Trae YOung at 7 and Bamba at 8--Id take either. If Trae really fell that far Id be open to adding Frank to move up a spot or two.

I really believe the top 8 picks or so--if individually they were in other drafts--theyd all have a chance to go #1.

<strong>Phoenix</strong> Phoenix
DeAndre Ayton
7-0
C
Arizona
Fr.
<strong>Atlanta</strong> Atlanta
Jaren Jackson Jr.
6-11
PF
Michigan St.
Fr.
<strong>Dallas</strong> Dallas
Michael Porter
6-10
SF
Missouri
Fr.
<strong>Sacramento</strong> Sacramento
Marvin Bagley
6-11
PF
Duke
Fr.
<strong>Orlando</strong> Orlando
Luka Doncic
6-8
SG/SF
Slovenia
Intl.
<strong>Memphis</strong> Memphis
Wendell Carter
6-10
PF/C
Duke
Fr.
<a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2018' title='Cavaliers receive via Celtics receive Nets first round pick.' class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Cleveland </strong></a> *Cleveland
Trae Young
6-2
PG
Oklahoma
Fr.
<strong>Chicago</strong> Chicago
Mohamed Bamba
7-0
C
Texas
Fr.

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
2/15/2018  4:19 PM
Heres what its going to take

7/8 teams below us have 18 wins--we have 23. We have 23 games left. Even if we did something awful like 5-18 essentially 1 or 2 of those tams need to play somewhat close to .500 ball with no incentive to do so to pass us. The darn nets who have no stake--pick a bad time to lose 7 in a row.

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2018  4:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Heres what its going to take

7/8 teams below us have 18 wins--we have 23. We have 23 games left. Even if we did something awful like 5-18 essentially 1 or 2 of those tams need to play somewhat close to .500 ball with no incentive to do so to pass us. The darn nets who have no stake--pick a bad time to lose 7 in a row.

You never know right?

Chicago is going to pick it up, hopefully. Teams that just went 4-6 over last 10: ALT, ORL, SAC. Lakers just went 6-4 to pass us in standings.

KNICKS GOTTA LOSE and let's bring on those 3rd quarter bombs!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
2/15/2018  5:20 PM
martin wrote:

You never know right?

Chicago is going to pick it up, hopefully. Teams that just went 4-6 over last 10: ALT, ORL, SAC. Lakers just went 6-4 to pass us in standings.

KNICKS GOTTA LOSE and let's bring on those 3rd quarter bombs!

Well we hope. Getting to the top 7 or 8 would be very beneficial. I have serious doubt Trae young will be there at 7. Even Bamba a couple of time I thought he could be in line to go 1. To get any of these players at 7-8 would take a lot of guess work off the table.

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/15/2018  8:58 PM

we have to lose every game
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2018  9:56 PM
I thought knicks played great down the stretch last nite!
Great tank coaching!
BRIGGS
2/16/2018  2:18 AM
Aayton looked like # 1 tonight for sure.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/16/2018  3:26 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

we have to lose every game

We don't, I literally posted the numbers on the previous page- some of the teams with a worse record than us play other teams with a worse record than us 8 to 10 times. Plus we have 2 games vs the magic.

Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/16/2018  1:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Marvin Bagley is the ultimate prize here--hes the franchise changer.

Trae Young is a close second

Aftre that you bhave some really high end prospects but they wont effect the team like those two will. POrter I just havent seen in some HS videos he tends to float a bit but he might be better than Simmons to give some color.

To me, Trae Young is the clear number 1 and has the least surrounding needs to score and help his team score.

1. Trae
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Bamba
5. Ayton

Im close there.

What I like down below 7
I still want to watch Trent much more but he’s in the discussion

Every time I watch chandler Hutchinson— he plays great. To me is clearly a top 12 pick above both Bridges. I’m also high on Jerome Robinson from Bc- he’s the sleeper.

My list of names has largely remained the same

Trent Hutchinson Robinson Brunson Haas

I’d throw Battle in there too but don’t know if he ll come out a sleeper pg is also bowman from bec late rd 2

I need to see the breakdown of the picks and I am still evaluating Trent - will watch him today.

But in order
Trent/ Hutchinson
Robinson
Brunson
Haas

Need more color Battle Bowman a few others

I’m out on both Bridges

Briggs, we're both high on Brunson (as a 2nd rd pick) for the same reasons. But, I couldn't disagree more w/ Miles Bridges. He's the guy I want. He plays an incredibly consistent role for one of the best programs that produces solid 2 way players. He has ELITE athleticism and can defend 3 positions on the floor. And, he can shoot. I've read the knocks on him, mainly the only one is he isn't great at beating defenders 1 on 1 off the dribble. Personally, I think it has a lot more to do with Izzo's system at MSU than Bridges skill set. If you watched the Purdue game, you would have seen he can beat some of the best perimeter defenders off the dribble and finish very well with both hands at the basket.

You continue to tout Isaac Haas. If you watched Purdue's game against Wisconsin last night; that was an A1 example of what I've been trying to get across to you about his NBA potential. He got absolutely abused on the defensive side of the ball by Haap, and struggled mightily against him on the offensive side, too.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/16/2018  1:34 PM
Back to Miles Bridges. I just feel like he's got such a quality NBA frame and such good athleticism, while playing in a good system (for 2 years)to prepare him for the next step to the NBA, that the adjustment is going to come easier for him than most. IMHO, his floor is as high as any of the top 10 picks and his ceiling is in the top 3. I think he'll instantly make any team better, and if he ends up in the right system, he could be a big piece.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/16/2018  3:46 PM
I've got us pegged for either 8th or 9th pick.

Of the guys that will likely be available Myles Bridges, Mykal Bridges, K-Knox, Sexton, W-Carter -- man it's a tough call.

Barring a MAJOR jump from Frankie -- I think Sexton offers biggest impact for Knicks.

At 19 with explosive NBA game/body -- relentless attacking nature --- I think you surround him with Lee/Tim/KP/Kanter -- Frankie/Beas/Mudiay/2nd round pick (SF Defender - maybe kid from Tulane - Frazier) and we would be entertaining to watch.

Now if we go the route of assuming Frank/Manny can be our PGs long-term -- I'm torn between 2Bridges/Knox. Mykal is ready made but older. Myles is UBER explosive and Knox is youngest (18.4) and likely best long term scorer but he feels like a PF long term because not sure I see him moving his feet and defending the 3.

Probably take a shot with Miles Bridges if no Sexton....but I do like the other players.

LivingLegend

2/16/2018  3:47 PM
Additionally --

Like Seth Greenburg --- I prefer Sexton over Trae at the NBA level ---- just my personal opinion and taste.

LivingLegend

2/16/2018  3:50 PM
I think it was Mike Schmitz (Draft Express / now ESPN) who route article the other day on 3 sleepers -- check out the SF from Tulane (Frazier?) -- got a little Pippen look to him.

Schmitz said maybe best defender in college hoops.

LivingLegend

2/16/2018  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2018  3:52 PM
Melvin Frazier
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
2/16/2018  6:44 PM
BRIGGS wrote:http://www.nbadraft.net

New nba mock draft out

Has Trae YOung at 7 and Bamba at 8--Id take either. If Trae really fell that far Id be open to adding Frank to move up a spot or two.

I really believe the top 8 picks or so--if individually they were in other drafts--theyd all have a chance to go #1.

<strong>Phoenix</strong> Phoenix
DeAndre Ayton
7-0
C
Arizona
Fr.
<strong>Atlanta</strong> Atlanta
Jaren Jackson Jr.
6-11
PF
Michigan St.
Fr.
<strong>Dallas</strong> Dallas
Michael Porter
6-10
SF
Missouri
Fr.
<strong>Sacramento</strong> Sacramento
Marvin Bagley
6-11
PF
Duke
Fr.
<strong>Orlando</strong> Orlando
Luka Doncic
6-8
SG/SF
Slovenia
Intl.
<strong>Memphis</strong> Memphis
Wendell Carter
6-10
PF/C
Duke
Fr.
<a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2018' title='Cavaliers receive via Celtics receive Nets first round pick.' class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Cleveland </strong></a> *Cleveland
Trae Young
6-2
PG
Oklahoma
Fr.
<strong>Chicago</strong> Chicago
Mohamed Bamba
7-0
C
Texas
Fr.

Interesting that Trae has fallen to 7 in this draft version, probably on account of questions with his ability to deal with "physicality" and his recent poor 3 pt shooting. Once that returns to the mean, I doubt he will be available in this range. If for some reason he is available at 7, he is the no-brainer. To me, Sexton does not project as a successful starting PG in the NBA due to deficiencies in both shooting and passing.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/17/2018  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2018  7:57 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I've got us pegged for either 8th or 9th pick.

Of the guys that will likely be available Myles Bridges, Mykal Bridges, K-Knox, Sexton, W-Carter -- man it's a tough call.

Barring a MAJOR jump from Frankie -- I think Sexton offers biggest impact for Knicks.

At 19 with explosive NBA game/body -- relentless attacking nature --- I think you surround him with Lee/Tim/KP/Kanter -- Frankie/Beas/Mudiay/2nd round pick (SF Defender - maybe kid from Tulane - Frazier) and we would be entertaining to watch.

Now if we go the route of assuming Frank/Manny can be our PGs long-term -- I'm torn between 2Bridges/Knox. Mykal is ready made but older. Myles is UBER explosive and Knox is youngest (18.4) and likely best long term scorer but he feels like a PF long term because not sure I see him moving his feet and defending the 3.

Probably take a shot with Miles Bridges if no Sexton....but I do like the other players.

This team needs a lot. Much is dependent on whats available and we build our team accordingly. Does anyone believe Doncic can guard NBA SF's? I worry about having that slow of a 4/3 combo with KP and Doncic. I would like to get more offense to this team because if we don't Hardaway and Kanter (who can't get minutes in the 4th quarter) remain our 2nd and 3rd offensive options, and that isn't good. We are a long ways off.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/17/2018  9:39 AM
Right now at the 8 or 9 spot I'm going Carter or Mikal Bridges. Both are nba ready but still have plenty of upside. 2nd round I like Frazier or Bates-diop. Either would boost perimeter defense.
rpknicks
Member: #6003

2/17/2018  9:56 PM
Race is still too tight to call but Mikal B has enough on both sides of the floor to swing my vote ( if we draft at 8-11). I think especially as he continues to fill out, his defense , along with Frank's should really terrorize opponents. He sometimes can be a little passive, and his his handle needs work and if that also sounds like Frank, that's the only reason why I'm still on the fence. If we took Miles Bridges instead, we get a real athlete at the rim but not the same defender, shooter, and he can disappear at times too. There are interesting wings in this draft so if we do pass on the bridges, there 's a chance we still get Lance's replacement in this draft.

If we go PG in Sexton that would have to mean we've seen enough of Mudiay and Burke to use a first rounder here. In sexton now you have someone who has the opposite traits of Frank...an aggressive, relentless penetrator who plays with a lot of emotion. He plays D but his main issue is his shot. You just can't have a lead guard in the nba these days without one so he needs to show a lot more over these next few months.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  10:48 PM
The Ringer has started their draft analysis podcasts again (every friday?).
https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/16/17019604/learning-from-2015-concerns-marvin-bagley-lonnie-walker
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/18/2018  11:47 AM
rpknicks wrote:Race is still too tight to call but Mikal B has enough on both sides of the floor to swing my vote ( if we draft at 8-11). I think especially as he continues to fill out, his defense , along with Frank's should really terrorize opponents. He sometimes can be a little passive, and his his handle needs work and if that also sounds like Frank, that's the only reason why I'm still on the fence. If we took Miles Bridges instead, we get a real athlete at the rim but not the same defender, shooter, and he can disappear at times too. There are interesting wings in this draft so if we do pass on the bridges, there 's a chance we still get Lance's replacement in this draft.

If we go PG in Sexton that would have to mean we've seen enough of Mudiay and Burke to use a first rounder here. In sexton now you have someone who has the opposite traits of Frank...an aggressive, relentless penetrator who plays with a lot of emotion. He plays D but his main issue is his shot. You just can't have a lead guard in the nba these days without one so he needs to show a lot more over these next few months.

Bridges lit it up yesterday. It matters when you turn it on against the best teams. He did that. Frank, Bridges, and KP would make for an elite defensive team in the future. Bridges might have the highest floor of nearly every prospect.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy