[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2018  1:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Marvin Bagley is the ultimate prize here--hes the franchise changer.

Trae Young is a close second

Aftre that you bhave some really high end prospects but they wont effect the team like those two will. POrter I just havent seen in some HS videos he tends to float a bit but he might be better than Simmons to give some color.

I'd switch Ayton with Bagley, but yeah, those guys are going to be drafted close to each other. Doncic is in there too. Bomba potential as a stretch 5 is intriguing, but he's going to need a few years to refine his shot and it work on his body. He could be a good fit next KP in time.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
elmaestro33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8622

2/9/2018  2:54 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want to tank. I don't believe in it. I believe that building a winning culture is more important.

Give it a break... it's one thing when KP is playing and his development/desire to stay is directly correlated to winning. How many of these guys are realistically going to be a key part of the team in 2020 (first full season KP is back)? This is kind of like the Spurs when Robinson went down and they got Duncan. We need to develop the youngins and hopefully 2-3 of them pan out as part of the core with KP, ’18 draft pick, and ’19 draft pick.

The only way we right this ship is a top 5 pick in this draft and perhaps another one in 2019 (if KP is going to miss half the season). No more picks in the 5-10 range; the probability of those panning out are so much lower (see all Knicks' draft picks outside of KP in last 10 years). Just imagine if we somehow end up with a DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley, Michael Porter, Luka Doncic, or Trae Young.

codeunknown
Member: #704
2/10/2018  8:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Marvin Bagley is the ultimate prize here--hes the franchise changer.

Aftre that you bhave some really high end prospects but they wont effect the team like those two will. POrter I just havent seen in some HS videos he tends to float a bit but he might be better than Simmons to give some color.

To me, Trae Young is the clear number 1 and has the least surrounding needs to score and help his team score.

1. Trae
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Bamba
5. Ayton

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/11/2018  8:37 AM
We need to tanks so hard the next 2 years that Sam Hinkie gets disgusted with our actions. Just look at the Celtics right now they are the best team in the east without a multi time All Star and have a cache of draft picks, its insane. We can't compete without infusing a **** load of young talented players. We missed out on Mitchell which would of brought us closer, we can't miss again. We need to win 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. Kp needs his alpha and this is our best chance, next year the odds chance and it gets tougher.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/11/2018  8:55 AM
Jmpasq wrote:We need to tanks so hard the next 2 years that Sam Hinkie gets disgusted with our actions. Just look at the Celtics right now they are the best team in the east without a multi time All Star and have a cache of draft picks, its insane. We can't compete without infusing a **** load of young talented players. We missed out on Mitchell which would of brought us closer, we can't miss again. We need to win 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. Kp needs his alpha and this is our best chance, next year the odds chance and it gets tougher.

Porzingis will return just fine but it would definitely be great to draft a 1B this summer.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/11/2018  10:00 AM
codeunknown wrote:

To me, Trae Young is the clear number 1 and has the least surrounding needs to score and help his team score.

1. Trae
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Bamba
5. Ayton

Im close there.

What I like down below 7
I still want to watch Trent much more but he’s in the discussion

Every time I watch chandler Hutchinson— he plays great. To me is clearly a top 12 pick above both Bridges. I’m also high on Jerome Robinson from Bc- he’s the sleeper.

My list of names has largely remained the same

Trent Hutchinson Robinson Brunson Haas

I’d throw Battle in there too but don’t know if he ll come out a sleeper pg is also bowman from bec late rd 2

I need to see the breakdown of the picks and I am still evaluating Trent - will watch him today.

But in order
Trent/ Hutchinson
Robinson
Brunson
Haas

Need more color Battle Bowman a few others

I’m out on both Bridges

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/11/2018  10:59 AM
Jmpasq wrote:We need to tanks so hard the next 2 years that Sam Hinkie gets disgusted with our actions. Just look at the Celtics right now they are the best team in the east without a multi time All Star and have a cache of draft picks, its insane. We can't compete without infusing a **** load of young talented players. We missed out on Mitchell which would of brought us closer, we can't miss again. We need to win 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. Kp needs his alpha and this is our best chance, next year the odds chance and it gets tougher.

Side note

I feel Toronto beats them in a 7 game series in the playoffs this season if they face each other. But we will see how much adding Monroe improves them.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/11/2018  1:01 PM
Doncic is the perfect compliment to kp and is a proven winner. Only other player I want instead is young and that’s only happening if we get the number one pick...with kp out we have a great chance to climb the draft board, end of the year I wanna be sitting at the 4 th spot or lower we need to grab a player with star ability if we want to contend for the playoffs .

Kanter/Kornet
Kp/Beasley
Doncic/Lee
thjr/Dotson
Mudiay/frank/Burke

That’s a really good team esp if Mudiay blossoms and frank develops

codeunknown
Member: #704
2/11/2018  3:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

1. Trae
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Bamba
5. Ayton

Im close there.

What I like down below 7
I still want to watch Trent much more but he’s in the discussion

Every time I watch chandler Hutchinson— he plays great. To me is clearly a top 12 pick above both Bridges. I’m also high on Jerome Robinson from Bc- he’s the sleeper.

My list of names has largely remained the same

Trent Hutchinson Robinson Brunson Haas

I’d throw Battle in there too but don’t know if he ll come out a sleeper pg is also bowman from bec late rd 2

I need to see the breakdown of the picks and I am still evaluating Trent - will watch him today.

But in order
Trent/ Hutchinson
Robinson
Brunson
Haas

Need more color Battle Bowman a few others

I’m out on both Bridges

Didn't include Luka by accident.

List should read:

1. Trae
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Doncic
5. Bamba
6. Ayton

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Knixkik
USA
2/11/2018  5:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  5:18 PM
The guy no one talks about is miles bridges. He is a forgotten man now that he's a sophomore. He is a great athlete, can shoot, defend, and rebound. He can play SF in a big lineup or PF in a small lineup. Outside of the top 5 I think he's a great option. He checks all of the boxes this team needs as far as improving shooting and athleticism. NBA ready too.
Jmpasq

2/11/2018  5:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:We need to tanks so hard the next 2 years that Sam Hinkie gets disgusted with our actions. Just look at the Celtics right now they are the best team in the east without a multi time All Star and have a cache of draft picks, its insane. We can't compete without infusing a **** load of young talented players. We missed out on Mitchell which would of brought us closer, we can't miss again. We need to win 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. Kp needs his alpha and this is our best change, next year the odds chance and it gets tougher.

Side note

I feel Toronto beats them in a 7 game series in the playoffs this season if they face each other. But we will see how much adding Monroe improves them.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/11/2018  5:35 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Doncic is the perfect compliment to kp and is a proven winner. Only other player I want instead is young and that’s only happening if we get the number one pick...with kp out we have a great chance to climb the draft board, end of the year I wanna be sitting at the 4 th spot or lower we need to grab a player with star ability if we want to contend for the playoffs .

Kanter/Kornet
Kp/Beasley
Doncic/Lee
thjr/Dotson
Mudiay/frank/Burke

That’s a really good team esp if Mudiay blossoms and frank develops

The only problem i have with Doncic is defense. Can he guard SF's ? I don't want Hardaway guarding 3's. KP is already a slow footed 4 we can't have a slow footed 3 too

elmaestro33
Member: #8622

2/11/2018  10:06 PM
Atlanta with the big upset over Detroit tn!!! Every game counts!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/12/2018  5:38 AM
elmaestro33 wrote:Atlanta with the big upset over Detroit tn!!! Every game counts!

Sweet! Seems like most of the bottom dwellers are on 18 wins now

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2018  5:58 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2018  6:15 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  8:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  8:33 PM
Right now my picks are, based on having the 8th pick in the draft and who might be picked ahead:

8th Mikal Bridges (NBA ready starting SF. Will add 3pt shooting, great perimeter defense, and athleticism to the lineup. NBA ready, not a project) Comp Otto Porter

2nd round Bates-Diop (3&D combo forward. Can become better version of Lance Thomas.) Comp L Thomas

2nd round Ray Spalding (defensive rebounder/shotblocker. Could become decent 5th big man, can play both PF and C.) Comp John Henson

I'm staying away from smaller wings, as we now have an abundance of SGs who are undersized for SF.
Common theme is improving shooting, defense, and athleticism.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/15/2018  4:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  4:05 AM
Time for the weekly tank update:

1) Phoenix 18-41
2) Atlanta 18-41
3) Dallas 18-40
4) Orlando 18-39
5) Sacramento 18-39
6) Memphis 18-38
7) Brooklyn 19-40
8) Chicago 20-37

9) New York 23-36
10) Lakers 23-33
11) Charlotte 24-33

12) Detroit 28-29

Unfortunately not much movement- nearly every team ahead of us is stuck on 18 wins. Really the only good occurrences were that we didn't;'t win any more games since last time I updated, and the nets, Bulls and Hornets all won one game. So as things stand we are hopefully not going to fall to worse than 11th place, but we're still on the outside looking in at the top 8. There is some hope in the games these teams still have to play:

1) Suns: Griz, Hawks, Hornets, Magic, Kings, Mavs (5 games)

2) Hawks: Lakers, Suns, Bulls, Hornets, Kings, Magic (4 games)

3) Dallas: Lakers, Kings, Lakers, Bulls, Nets, Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Suns (6 Games vs teams with a worse record than us)

4) Magic: Knicks, Griz, Lakers, Kings, Suns, nets, Bulls, Atlanta, Knicks, Mavs, Hornets (10 games)

5) Kings: Mavs, Nets, Knicks, Magic, Atlanta, mavs, Suns, Griz (8 games)

6) Griz: Suns, magic, Bulls, Mavs, Nets, Hornets, Lakers, Kings (7 games)

7) Nets: Hornets, Bulls, Kings, Hornets, Mavs, griz, Hornets, Magic, Bulls, Bulls (7 games)

8) Bulls: Nets, Hornets, Mavs, Griz, Hawks, Griz, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Nets, Nets (9 games)

9) Knicks: magic, Kings, Mavs, hornets, Bulls, Hornets, Magic

So I'm still hopeful about the Kings (8 games remaining vs teams with a worse record than us), Magic (a whopping 10), Bulls (9), Griz and Nets (7 games). Thats a lot of wins still to distribute amongst the teams ahead of us We have no shot at catching the Suns (only 5 games) or Atlanta (only 4 games).

Our next big game is vs the Magic, clearly we can't be trusted to lose it as Hornacek is coaching for his life (28mins for Jack, 11 for frank in a close loss to the Wizards? Madness). Best we can hope for is 3rd place, worst is 11th, though I wouldn't put it past us to go on a winning streak to fall even further.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2018  9:13 AM
martin wrote:

Look how important it is to simply get into position 8.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
2/15/2018  3:57 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/mikal-vs-miles-bridges-two-draft-options-if-knicks-tank-fails/

Berman article about draft prospects, specifically Mikal and Miles Bridges. Biggest takeaway here is Seth Greenburg raving about Mikal Bridges. Briggs says we need high IQ guys, shooting, defense, and athleticism. Mikal Bridges literally fits every checkmark here according to Greenburg.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy