I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2018  8:10 AM
anrst wrote:sexton is our guy.

try burke, hardaway and mudiay should not dissuade us from taking sexton.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just watched Mo Bamba on youtube. Now we just need to pray he falls to us.

ANOTHER EDIT: Nope. Wendell Carter got the look. Just watched his highlights. We need Carter.

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/18/2018  10:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

sounds like rawle alkins will be available at #36. if the comparison to lance stephenson is true, i'd take him.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
wargames
Member: #6053

5/18/2018  10:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
anrst wrote:sexton is our guy.

try burke, hardaway and mudiay should not dissuade us from taking sexton.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just watched Mo Bamba on youtube. Now we just need to pray he falls to us.

ANOTHER EDIT: Nope. Wendell Carter got the look. Just watched his highlights. We need Carter.

I don't expect any of those guys to be there except Sexton..... and we really have a ton of guards right now.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/18/2018  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  11:36 AM
The Memphis Grizzlies caught a bad break in the NBA Draft Lottery, dropping to No. 4 in the draft order from their projected slot at No. 2.

As that likely means missing out on both of their preferred targets in Deandre Ayton and Luka Doncic, there's a sense around the league that the Grizzlies would be willing to trade the fourth overall pick, according to Sean Deveney of Sporting News.

"If you have someone you like in the first few picks, they're the first call you'd make," a rival general manager told Deveney. "They, obviously, were the most disappointed with the way the lottery went and the options they have now. It seems like they want to try to turn that pick into something else.

"Everyone's going to talk before the draft, of course. But Memphis, I think they're the ones who are going to be more ready to do something than others."

Whether they'd be looking to deal the pick for established NBA talent, or a package of picks or long-term assets, is unclear. But the Grizzlies' reticence is understandable; the draft process has not been at all fruitful for the franchise in recent years. In the past decade, exactly two of their draftees (Dillon Brooks and Jarell Martin) have turned into serviceable rotation players in Memphis, with the jury still out on Deyonta Davis and Ivan Rabb. Seven of their last eight first-round picks lasted less than two full seasons with the club.

In other words, just about any other team would likely make better use of the No. 4 pick than the Grizzlies.

If mills is not on the phone right now...smdh

ES
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/18/2018  11:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
The Memphis Grizzlies caught a bad break in the NBA Draft Lottery, dropping to No. 4 in the draft order from their projected slot at No. 2.

As that likely means missing out on both of their preferred targets in Deandre Ayton and Luka Doncic, there's a sense around the league that the Grizzlies would be willing to trade the fourth overall pick, according to Sean Deveney of Sporting News.

"If you have someone you like in the first few picks, they're the first call you'd make," a rival general manager told Deveney. "They, obviously, were the most disappointed with the way the lottery went and the options they have now. It seems like they want to try to turn that pick into something else.

"Everyone's going to talk before the draft, of course. But Memphis, I think they're the ones who are going to be more ready to do something than others."

Whether they'd be looking to deal the pick for established NBA talent, or a package of picks or long-term assets, is unclear. But the Grizzlies' reticence is understandable; the draft process has not been at all fruitful for the franchise in recent years. In the past decade, exactly two of their draftees (Dillon Brooks and Jarell Martin) have turned into serviceable rotation players in Memphis, with the jury still out on Deyonta Davis and Ivan Rabb. Seven of their last eight first-round picks lasted less than two full seasons with the club.

In other words, just about any other team would likely make better use of the No. 4 pick than the Grizzlies.

Send them a nice package, thj, and lee and Dotson/ or Burke or mudiayand number 37 for number 4 and filler draft Jackson Jr and one of the Bridges kids , lol ahh what a nice dream

knicks1248
5/18/2018  11:58 AM
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Send them a nice package, thj, and lee and Dotson/ or Burke or mudiayand number 37 for number 4 and filler draft Jackson Jr and one of the Bridges kids , lol ahh what a nice dream

You need veterans around rookies, trading your only good veterans (thj and Lee)for a unknown is crazy, the most i would give them is a future first rnd, and 37 pick, and perhaps mudiay

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/18/2018  1:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You need veterans around rookies, trading your only good veterans (thj and Lee)for a unknown is crazy, the most i would give them is a future first rnd, and 37 pick, and perhaps mudiay

There is no deal that makes sense for the #4 pick other then packaging our #9 and maybe THjr (dont even know if they would be interested in that).

Memphis not gonna give up a top 5 draft pick for a future first and #37. Perry(the actual GM) could have been on the phone the second they landed the #4. Wouldn't mean much in terms of getting a deal done.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
5/18/2018  1:23 PM
Actually not a bad idea now that I think about it. Packaging #9 with Hardaway Jr to move up and take a short contract of a lesser player.

Dallas and Cavs may bite. But don't know if Knicks want to move Thjr.

dacash

5/18/2018  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  1:32 PM
Well bridges ,mykal, is a guard /forward letting thj go and putting him at gayrd next yo Frankie and signing like a grant from okc ??
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2018  3:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Young is going to the Magic, Sexton is going to the Cavs. Book it.

Bulls will go with one of the Bridges. They have Lopez, Lauri & Portis with Dunn & Lavine. They will look for a SF. Probably Mikal.

Bamba & or Carter will be there at 9.

I could see ATL offering one of their picks to swap with ATL to #2 for Doncic. While Sac then takes Porter.

I agree with young to magic, Sexton to cavs and Mikal to bulls. Not sure Bamba falls to us though- he was at 4 for a while but for some reason a couple of mocks have seen him drop to our range- think he'll rise up again once the workouts start.

Boy I hope you guys are right but I dont think Sexton or Young get picked before 9. I hope I am wrong... but one doesnt shoot well and the other would be the smallest player in the league... luckily Orlando is incredibly stupid so lets hope they bail us out and a gem like Bamba or Bridges fall.

To me Burke is the one who kills and desire to look at Sexton or Young. Burke may be ready to turn the corner to being an NBA PG. He showed so many signs and good things at the end of the year. I am not looking at him as a franchise savior... rather a good role player. He's going to be a defensive liability but he runs an offense, takes amazing care of the ball and simply finds easy shots for teammates. He's 25 with lottery talent. I just dont see the gap in talent from Young/Sexton to the other guys around 9 in the this draft that says I have to have one if I am taking BPA

See if you can find yesterdays clips...They interviewed Sexton and Young. A standing interview. You be the judge! I'll give you a hint, they were the same height.

Now I wear insoles and even heal lifts, because of my achilles. But I know it can make you look an inch or two taller. Even if he's an inch shorter than Sexton, thats still over 6 feet. Isiah Thomas is 5'9

They are the same hight according to combine measurements. Sexton was a slightly longer wingspan
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
5/18/2018  4:18 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

There is no deal that makes sense for the #4 pick other then packaging our #9 and maybe THjr (dont even know if they would be interested in that).

Memphis not gonna give up a top 5 draft pick for a future first and #37. Perry(the actual GM) could have been on the phone the second they landed the #4. Wouldn't mean much in terms of getting a deal done.

THJ is a proven young vet, no way in the world they get him and what potentially is a another starter in #9 for a 4th pick. The knicks would be once again getting fleeced.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2018  4:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

THJ is a proven young vet, no way in the world they get him and what potentially is a another starter in #9 for a 4th pick. The knicks would be once again getting fleeced.

When we got him you said he didnt play defense and was a stupid signing from Mills. Now you wont trade him to potentially get franchise changing talent in the draft because he's a proven young vet. Which is it? Did Mills sign a solid asset? Or can we use him to get one in the draft?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dacash

5/18/2018  4:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  4:50 PM
Who's who plus the number 9 pick, I mentioned the plus Lee and Burke / mudiay for the number puck and a salary they trying to shed. We would have the 4th and 9rh for jjj and a mykal bridges to play SG and sign grant from okc.
Kp grant, Jackson Jr , bridges( who us listed a guard/ forward and could be like klay for us) and Frankie is a good young starting 5 IMO
reub
Member: #6227

5/18/2018  7:08 PM
Just draft Mikal.
And sign Hezonja, Noel and Grant.
That team would be terrific defensively and fun to watch with or without KP.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/18/2018  7:43 PM
reub wrote:Just draft Mikal.

With what salary cap money?

You know you can look up that info, right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/18/2018  7:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

When we got him you said he didnt play defense and was a stupid signing from Mills. Now you wont trade him to potentially get franchise changing talent in the draft because he's a proven young vet. Which is it? Did Mills sign a solid asset? Or can we use him to get one in the draft?

No way in hell we are moving from 9 to 4 with Hardaway jr

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
5/18/2018  7:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Top 5 picks have been traded to land such players like Ray Allen and Elton Brand and Antawn Jamison. It holds more value then THjr. Your going to have to offer that #9 as well. #9 & THjr was what we could offer that would entice them. If you want a full layout of a deal then they would have to match THjr's contract with salaries. Based on all that would be what type of deal that needs to be ironed out.

reub
Member: #6227

5/18/2018  8:03 PM
martin wrote:

Just let Kanter know we want to move on and rebuild. There's your money. Or stretch Noah. Or both.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/18/2018  8:10 PM
reub wrote:
martin wrote:

Just let Kanter know we want to move on and rebuild. There's your money. Or stretch Noah. Or both.

Yeah I guess we can waste our time that way

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy