[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/15/2018  10:03 PM
Maybe we tell the clippers they can have our pick for the 12-13 picks.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/15/2018  10:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if Perry likes Sexton.
“I would caution just a little bit is that it all depends on who’s available when we get ready to select and how we have them tiered,’’ Perry said on ESPN Radio. “If there’s someone down there at a position you think you’re more strong at, but the player is clearly a better talent than the position of need, then you have that question: Do you go ahead and take the greater talent and then you utilize trades and free agency to bolster the position you need help, being small forward?”

Keep hearing Sexton's name come up in regards to the Knicks. I think Perry really wants a franchise point guard and he might go for Sexton if he is there at 9.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/15/2018  10:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if Perry likes Sexton.
“I would caution just a little bit is that it all depends on who’s available when we get ready to select and how we have them tiered,’’ Perry said on ESPN Radio. “If there’s someone down there at a position you think you’re more strong at, but the player is clearly a better talent than the position of need, then you have that question: Do you go ahead and take the greater talent and then you utilize trades and free agency to bolster the position you need help, being small forward?”

Keep hearing Sexton's name come up in regards to the Knicks. I think Perry really wants a franchise point guard and he might go for Sexton if he is there at 9.

Franchise PG? Where did you get inclination?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/16/2018  12:46 AM
Young is going to the Magic, Sexton is going to the Cavs. Book it.

Bulls will go with one of the Bridges. They have Lopez, Lauri & Portis with Dunn & Lavine. They will look for a SF. Probably Mikal.

Bamba & or Carter will be there at 9.

I could see ATL offering one of their picks to swap with ATL to #2 for Doncic. While Sac then takes Porter.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2018  2:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Young is going to the Magic, Sexton is going to the Cavs. Book it.

Bulls will go with one of the Bridges. They have Lopez, Lauri & Portis with Dunn & Lavine. They will look for a SF. Probably Mikal.

I could see ATL offering one of their picks to swap with ATL to #2 for Doncic. While Sac then takes Porter.

I agree with young to magic, Sexton to cavs and Mikal to bulls. Not sure Bamba falls to us though- he was at 4 for a while but for some reason a couple of mocks have seen him drop to our range- think he'll rise up again once the workouts start.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/16/2018  9:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Young is going to the Magic, Sexton is going to the Cavs. Book it.

I agree with young to magic, Sexton to cavs and Mikal to bulls. Not sure Bamba falls to us though- he was at 4 for a while but for some reason a couple of mocks have seen him drop to our range- think he'll rise up again once the workouts start.

Boy I hope you guys are right but I dont think Sexton or Young get picked before 9. I hope I am wrong... but one doesnt shoot well and the other would be the smallest player in the league... luckily Orlando is incredibly stupid so lets hope they bail us out and a gem like Bamba or Bridges fall.

To me Burke is the one who kills and desire to look at Sexton or Young. Burke may be ready to turn the corner to being an NBA PG. He showed so many signs and good things at the end of the year. I am not looking at him as a franchise savior... rather a good role player. He's going to be a defensive liability but he runs an offense, takes amazing care of the ball and simply finds easy shots for teammates. He's 25 with lottery talent. I just dont see the gap in talent from Young/Sexton to the other guys around 9 in the this draft that says I have to have one if I am taking BPA

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/16/2018  9:58 AM
I keep seeing mocks where Porter is dropping to 7 or so. Wonder if our pick and our second could be enough to nab him
(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
5/16/2018  10:05 AM
smackeddog wrote:

You have Ayton, Doncic, Begley, Porter and Jackson. Suns will take Ayton. Kings will go Doncic. Hawks if they go big will take Begley over Bamba and they may opt for Porter. Memphis will go Porter or Jackson over Bamba with Gasol there. Dallas could def go Bamba. But then if the other chips fall in place with Young, Mikal & Sexton to the Magic, Bulls, Cavs then that leaves Jackson & Carter at 9.

Someone is gonna drop because Young and Sexton will force that as well as looking at the needs of each team. Only Suns and Dallas need a center.

blkexec
Member: #748
5/16/2018  10:12 AM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Boy I hope you guys are right but I dont think Sexton or Young get picked before 9. I hope I am wrong... but one doesnt shoot well and the other would be the smallest player in the league... luckily Orlando is incredibly stupid so lets hope they bail us out and a gem like Bamba or Bridges fall.

To me Burke is the one who kills and desire to look at Sexton or Young. Burke may be ready to turn the corner to being an NBA PG. He showed so many signs and good things at the end of the year. I am not looking at him as a franchise savior... rather a good role player. He's going to be a defensive liability but he runs an offense, takes amazing care of the ball and simply finds easy shots for teammates. He's 25 with lottery talent. I just dont see the gap in talent from Young/Sexton to the other guys around 9 in the this draft that says I have to have one if I am taking BPA

See if you can find yesterdays clips...They interviewed Sexton and Young. A standing interview. You be the judge! I'll give you a hint, they were the same height.

Now I wear insoles and even heal lifts, because of my achilles. But I know it can make you look an inch or two taller. Even if he's an inch shorter than Sexton, thats still over 6 feet. Isiah Thomas is 5'9

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
5/16/2018  10:13 AM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

See if you can find yesterdays clips...They interviewed Sexton and Young. A standing interview. You be the judge! I'll give you a hint, they were the same height.

Now I wear insoles and even heal lifts, because of my achilles. But I know it can make you look an inch or two taller. Even if he's an inch shorter than Sexton, thats still over 6 feet. Isiah Thomas is 5'9

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/16/2018  10:16 AM
there will definitely be talent at 9; there always is

the bigger issue is whether we have the eye to spot it

every year there is group think in the media, dumb teams following consensus and buying what turns out to be fools gold and smart teams finding talent even in the second round

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
5/16/2018  10:33 AM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Orlando still has Vooch at center and their starting PG is DJ Augustine. They traded away Payton because he couldn't shoot. They will sell themselves on Young being Curry/Nash expecting his shooting and passing to open up the floor for Gordan, Issac, Vooch, Fournier, Simmons.

Cavs are craving for a Sexton type personality and ball handler with Kyrie and IT both traded away.

martin
USA
5/16/2018  11:24 AM

Man, I would love for the Knicks to be in the position to choose from Bamba and/or Carter if those 2 are indeed higher talent that the Knicks like. Feel like they need a big and a SF going forward.

Don't count out the Bulls though just because they have Lopez on the roster, he only has a year left and either Bamba/Carter would fit nicely next to Lauri. Portis doesn't seem like a starter.

newyorknewyork
5/16/2018  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  12:04 PM
martin wrote:

Man, I would love for the Knicks to be in the position to choose from Bamba and/or Carter if those 2 are indeed higher talent that the Knicks like. Feel like they need a big and a SF going forward.

Don't count out the Bulls though just because they have Lopez on the roster, he only has a year left and either Bamba/Carter would fit nicely next to Lauri. Portis doesn't seem like a starter.

Very possible. I'm more so banking on them believing they can make a playoff push next yr and will target a player that can slide in to a position of need. But its very possible they look for a long term center option even with what they have on the roster. Also wouldn't be shocked if they traded down.

Someone or 2 will drop though as Young and Sexton slide up to 6 & 8.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/16/2018  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  12:27 PM
The best thing about picking 9, is both Sexton and Trae should be long gone.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
blkexec
5/16/2018  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  7:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The best thing about picking 9, is both Sexton and Trae should be long gone.

Dont get your hopes up. I think one of them will be available. And Mikal will get picked right before us. I just understand knick history and this feels like a repeat.

But on the flip side, I think Young and Sexton might be better than what we have. Sexton, I'm not too sure about, but Young who appears to be similar in height to Sexton, might be that diamond in a rough PG for any team.

martin
USA
5/16/2018  12:48 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

Very possible. I'm more so banking on them believing they can make a playoff push next yr and will target a player that can slide in to a position of need. But its very possible they look for a long term center option even with what they have on the roster. Also wouldn't be shocked if they traded down.

Someone or 2 will drop though as Young and Sexton slide up to 6 & 8.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if Bulls didn't take one of the PGs. They got Dunn and Payne (LaVine is a SG?) and Payne sucks?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/16/2018  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  1:08 PM
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The best thing about picking 9, is both Sexton and Trae should be long gone.

Dont get your hypes up. I think one of them will be available. And Mikal will get picked right before us. I just understand knick history and this feels like a repeat.

But on the flip side, I think Young and Sexton might be better than what we have. Sexton, I'm not too sure about, but Young who appears to be similar in height to Sexton, might be that diamond in a rough PG for any team.

Give me Mikal or Miles, whichever is available, with Mikal being the first choice. Miles offers big upside and i feel like has been overlooked in a major way here. He would improve our versatility and athleticism at both forward positions, if Mikal is gone.

smackeddog
5/16/2018  1:57 PM
I hope the Kings get Ayton - might mean they are willing to move WCS, who I'd very much like us to get
smackeddog
5/16/2018  4:20 PM
martin wrote:

I would be delighted if Bamba fell to us, and quite pleased if Carter or Porter did. I don't see it happening as I think the Mavs might go for Bamba. I think these playoffs will improve Carter's stock, just because of the comparisons with Horford.

I like Mikal Bridges, but I wouldn't get excited about adding him.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy