Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

3/26/2018  7:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Wendell is having a nightmare game so far.... let's chill with the hype for a sec.

Wendell was in foul trouble the whole game, which held down his production. Hopefully this will hurt his draft placement and enable us to draft him. He does everything well and projects as an Al Horford type of player. Mikal looks like a role player.

Mikal was looking like the best player in the draft up until today so save it. Wendell had a nightmare game... foul trouble and fouling out in a losing effort is a nightmare game. Don't sugar coat it cuz you like one guy over the other.

I like mikal bridges and I won't cry if we take him-- however name an nba player who is really good thT does not have a dribble drive game? Without a dribble drive your more likely to be a role player. Could be a real good one but I think that's what ge may be.

Plus Mikal is 3 years older than Trae or Wendell. Just thinking about upside I'd pick the younger, more multi-faceted players.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2018  8:27 AM
Spelllman might end up being the best NBA prospect on Villanova. I like him--hes going to be a great pick in the high 2nd rd low first if he comes out. Hes got some true traits of Dray Green in his game--sneaky good player at 6-9 250 too.

Divecisco is also an NBA player with another year at Villanova off of someone bench

Another thing with Mikal is you have to notice all of the space he gets on that team. Can he shoot 44 from 3 in the longer shot with less to take it?

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/26/2018  8:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Wendell is having a nightmare game so far.... let's chill with the hype for a sec.

Wendell was in foul trouble the whole game, which held down his production. Hopefully this will hurt his draft placement and enable us to draft him. He does everything well and projects as an Al Horford type of player. Mikal looks like a role player.

Mikal was looking like the best player in the draft up until today so save it. Wendell had a nightmare game... foul trouble and fouling out in a losing effort is a nightmare game. Don't sugar coat it cuz you like one guy over the other.

I like mikal bridges and I won't cry if we take him-- however name an nba player who is really good thT does not have a dribble drive game? Without a dribble drive your more likely to be a role player. Could be a real good one but I think that's what ge may be.

Bridges has shown flashes of a dribble-drive game this year. Not all of the time, but you see it once in awhile.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  2:40 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:

Plus Mikal is 3 years older than Trae or Wendell. Just thinking about upside I'd pick the younger, more multi-faceted players.

It doesn't matter what you think... we're still picking 9th! Trae and Wendell will be gone before we pick

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

3/26/2018  3:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:

It doesn't matter what you think... we're still picking 9th! Trae and Wendell will be gone before we pick

Thanks for sharing your crystal ball with the rest of us!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/26/2018  5:42 PM
- Carter -- is NOT a natural 3 point shooter regardless of any % he shoots, his best post move is a weak left-handed jump hook -- his fit in todays nba game is questionable (I would say M-Turner is solid compare but Turner a more natural shooter)
- Mykal Bridges --- reminds me of poor mans Rashad Lewis (not same type of scorer) but he is somewhat robotic to me, struggles to take college players off the dribble and often has to resort to turn around due to that inability to get by the defender. His strength as a older prospect worries me in terms of upside --- someone mentioned Kent Bazemore and that may be a better compare.
- Trae Young -- I'm just MEH on him -- don't like the thought of him defensively...covering for him and becoming strictly an offensive team because he won't/can't defend at NBA level
- SGA I was in love with but watching some more --- worry about his ability to take NBA players off the bounce without help of a screen (Frank's issue) -- plus SGA shot very suspect on perimeter and wondering if his D is being over-hyped (don't think he is Frank level defender either)
- Sexton -- love the heart and attacking mentality and he CAN finish unlike (Mudiay) -- his shot is ok and will improve -- don't think strength/explosion or size are real issues. Is he a true PG -- maybe not perfect but yeah I think with his intangibles he will be ok.
- Miles Bridges -- positional ?s -- but explosive athlete ---- NBA elite level athlete --- great charisma --- I think Knicks brass may target him as a SF/PF. I think his scoring may have been suppressed by Izzo and the team around him (everyone looking for their shots from PG/SG/C) --- may have most upside.

I can't argue that Mykal would fit nicely with our roster but I think his upside is much lower than Sexton or Miles B -- maybe even SGA.

I think it may come down to Miles or Sexton.

reub

3/26/2018  6:31 PM
LivingLegend wrote:- Carter -- is NOT a natural 3 point shooter regardless of any % he shoots, his best post move is a weak left-handed jump hook -- his fit in todays nba game is questionable (I would say M-Turner is solid compare but Turner a more natural shooter)
- Mykal Bridges --- reminds me of poor mans Rashad Lewis (not same type of scorer) but he is somewhat robotic to me, struggles to take college players off the dribble and often has to resort to turn around due to that inability to get by the defender. His strength as a older prospect worries me in terms of upside --- someone mentioned Kent Bazemore and that may be a better compare.
- Trae Young -- I'm just MEH on him -- don't like the thought of him defensively...covering for him and becoming strictly an offensive team because he won't/can't defend at NBA level
- SGA I was in love with but watching some more --- worry about his ability to take NBA players off the bounce without help of a screen (Frank's issue) -- plus SGA shot very suspect on perimeter and wondering if his D is being over-hyped (don't think he is Frank level defender either)
- Sexton -- love the heart and attacking mentality and he CAN finish unlike (Mudiay) -- his shot is ok and will improve -- don't think strength/explosion or size are real issues. Is he a true PG -- maybe not perfect but yeah I think with his intangibles he will be ok.
- Miles Bridges -- positional ?s -- but explosive athlete ---- NBA elite level athlete --- great charisma --- I think Knicks brass may target him as a SF/PF. I think his scoring may have been suppressed by Izzo and the team around him (everyone looking for their shots from PG/SG/C) --- may have most upside.

I can't argue that Mykal would fit nicely with our roster but I think his upside is much lower than Sexton or Miles B -- maybe even SGA.

This is a great rundown. Thanks! The more I think about Miles the more I like him. He's similar to Jayson Tatum, isn't he? Probably the best natural scorer and athlete in the bunch. Plus he'll produce from day one. He seems to have no faults on offense. How is his ability to defend?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2018  6:52 PM
LivingLegend wrote:- Sexton -- love the heart and attacking mentality and he CAN finish unlike (Mudiay) -- his shot is ok and will improve -- don't think strength/explosion or size are real issues. Is he a true PG -- maybe not perfect but yeah I think with his intangibles he will be ok.

I'm beginning to rethink my position on Sexton's playmaking a little bit. I think it needs work, but you can't run an offense that doesn't exist. Avery probably didn't do the best job of coaching this team. I still don't see the upside and I believe the only reason he's being considered a mid-lottery pick is because this class is weak there positionally. I agree with you on Miles. I like the idea of pairing him with KP. People got on him because his stats didn't increase, but he changed roles to become more of an initiator. I think his numbers are look better when you look at them from that perspective. I see a lot more of Otto Porter than Kent Bazemore. Mykal's length Alon gives him more versatility than Bazemore. But you're right that Mykal will probably never be considered a "star" during his career. Miles has a higher ceiling, but Mykal has a lower floor, if that makes any sense.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/26/2018  7:52 PM
LivingLegend wrote:- Carter -- is NOT a natural 3 point shooter regardless of any % he shoots, his best post move is a weak left-handed jump hook -- his fit in todays nba game is questionable (I would say M-Turner is solid compare but Turner a more natural shooter)

I like Mikal because of a roster fit. We get him, put Frank at the 2 with Porzingis as the rim protector you have the makings of a sick defensive team.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
reub

3/26/2018  7:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

I like Mikal because of a roster fit. We get him, put Frank at the 2 with Porzingis as the rim protector you have the makings of a sick defensive team.

And no one who can dribble.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/26/2018  9:43 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Noah at the 5.... your dream come true!

If Burke is the real deal it makes Mikal even better. You get a guy who can get his shot off vs. and create. You cover his defensive weakness with Mikal/Frank/KP's length and have options at the 5.

This FO has worked hard to develop guys. If Burke pops its a real testament.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
3/26/2018  10:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

If Burke is the real deal it makes Mikal even better. You get a guy who can get his shot off vs. and create. You cover his defensive weakness with Mikal/Frank/KP's length and have options at the 5.

Mikal Bridges will be somewhat exposed in the NBA. Kevin Knox as a SF is a better choice. He has a higher ceiling. Look at Knox numbers vs Bridges in yr 1. By his third year Knox would dominate college basketball.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub

3/26/2018  10:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I totally agree that Burke makes selecting Mikal a better fit for this team. If only we can count on Trey for 40/12 every night.
BRIGGS
3/26/2018  11:05 PM
Im out on both bridges Brooklyn and GW--or miles and mikal.

Even looking at SAG for the last hour--just think theyre better players longer term. Sexton Knox Carter Sag. I think we already have Tim Hardaway as a spot up shooter. I dont see how Bridges will sit him down?

Knox can handle coast to coast and has a more diverse game
Sexton is a more diverse offensive player
SAG is kind of like Frank--but hes a 6`6 PG who does more things than the Bridges in a league that dominated by bigger players who make plays w the dribble

RIP Crushalot😞
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/26/2018  11:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Im out on both bridges Brooklyn and GW--or miles and mikal.

Even looking at SAG for the last hour--just think theyre better players longer term. Sexton Knox Carter Sag. I think we already have Tim Hardaway as a spot up shooter. I dont see how Bridges will sit him down?

SAG is kind of like Frank--but hes a 6`6 PG who does more things than the Bridges in a league that dominated by bigger players who make plays w the dribble

There’s no yield in having a diverse offensive game, if most facets remain inefficient.
Knox cannot dribble the ball, except in space, and has average burst. I’m not sure he can guard either forward position in the nba. Average iq and motor.

Sexton I think cant be more than a backup on a serious playoff team. Doesn’t think the game at a particularly high level. Can’t shoot or pass it a high level.

Agree that Miles is low on my board.

SGA - where is the upside on offense? Is there a long term starting fit with our team?

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
BRIGGS
3/27/2018  4:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  4:35 AM
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im out on both bridges Brooklyn and GW--or miles and mikal.

There’s no yield in having a diverse offensive game, if most facets remain inefficient.
Knox cannot dribble the ball, except in space, and has average burst. I’m not sure he can guard either forward position in the nba. Average iq and motor.

Sexton I think cant be more than a backup on a serious playoff team. Doesn’t think the game at a particularly high level. Can’t shoot or pass it a high level.

Agree that Miles is low on my board.

SGA - where is the upside on offense? Is there a long term starting fit with our team?

I have to wonder if Trey Burke's play will have some effect on who we pick? SAG is similar to Frank in some ways but hes also a 6-6 PG who can do a bit of everything and rebounds. Right now the Rockets show the model for two PGs one tall one not. Im not sure we need two small pGs and Im not sure how the view Frank N. Were in a confusing spot at 9. Carter Knox Sexton and SAG for me--if not trade down for Gafford and Hutchinson type trade. Nothing easy for us--we are at the end of a tier.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2018  9:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Mikal Bridges will be somewhat exposed in the NBA. Kevin Knox as a SF is a better choice. He has a higher ceiling. Look at Knox numbers vs Bridges in yr 1. By his third year Knox would dominate college basketball.

I have no problem with Knox. I actually have confidence we will draft a good player. Dont sell Mikal short. Just because he's older. His defensive IQ is fantastic and you have 3 exceptionally long players in KP/Frank/Bridges to build your defense around. Suddenly Trey Burkey and Kantor look like better fits if you surround them with great D.

I just want to stay away from small guys and ISO scorers that dont defend.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
3/27/2018  12:35 PM
I played ball with dude in Dallas Texas.....This is a good pick for us, late first round or early second (if he last that long).

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/27/2018  2:47 PM
reub wrote:

This is a great rundown. Thanks! The more I think about Miles the more I like him. He's similar to Jayson Tatum, isn't he? Probably the best natural scorer and athlete in the bunch. Plus he'll produce from day one. He seems to have no faults on offense. How is his ability to defend?

One thing that makes me lean a bit towards Miles is the physicality. If KP, Frank and Burke are our players of the future we need somebody with some thump to them. Also his on court energy and agression is very appealing. Got a lot of soft spoken guys and if we’re not gonna wind up with KOQ we need to have somebody barking in the garden.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/27/2018  5:18 PM
reub wrote:

I see Tatum as a more natural/creative scorer and Miles as a more explosive player -- I do like Miles as a post up option at the SF position. Miles weaknesses offensively might be handle in half/court, his passing in half/court and big lack of any mid-range game (that might be his biggest issue /// everything either from 3 or at the basket.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy