codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/25/2018  1:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I won't waiver from Bridges being my top choice. I've been high on him all year. I want the best shooter and defender in the draft.

If we have Trae Young, Mikal Bridges and Carter to choose from I'll want all three. We couldn't go wrong there.
Young is a tough guy to judge. He is one of three guys to lead the ncaa in scoring and assists and could impact the game on offense like Steph/Lillard. But there are so many concerns as well. Hopefully the Knicks continue to scout well and get this right.

I would not pass on young. Watch his videos when he played with the best kids in his class.

If we don't move down or up I think I'd be happy with one of Carter sexton or Young

Id even throw Knox in this group. Have to remember hes 18 years old too. At one point I felt he was top 3.

Im going to assume the top 5 will be

Aayton
Doncic
Bagley
Porter
Bamba

so that leaves a list of

Jackson Carter Young Sexton Knox Mikal Bridges (these will be the potential Knicks choices at 9)

We can add in SAG but were not taking him as we have Frank.

That is your top players in the lottery--although doesnt mean they may be the best players in the draft obviously.

My guess is we pick out of Knox Carter Sexton Young. I just think Bridges is a SG at the pro level and we are into two of them already big$$$. We have needs at PG SF and C

Right now Im at

#1 Sexton #2 Young #3 Carter #4 Knox

I want no part of Sexton at all -- shooting and passing ability is sub-standard, size makes him a switching liability, and he's not enough of an athlete to be a down-hill scorer. I'd take SGA over him.

Assuming your top 5 holds, I'll take 1) Young (happy), 2) Jackson (happy), 3) Bridges (happy), 4)SGA (neutral), 5) Carter (shade under neutral), 6) Knox (wouldn't be thrilled), 7) Sexton (no consideration).

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/25/2018  2:18 PM
codeunknown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I won't waiver from Bridges being my top choice. I've been high on him all year. I want the best shooter and defender in the draft.

If we have Trae Young, Mikal Bridges and Carter to choose from I'll want all three. We couldn't go wrong there.
Young is a tough guy to judge. He is one of three guys to lead the ncaa in scoring and assists and could impact the game on offense like Steph/Lillard. But there are so many concerns as well. Hopefully the Knicks continue to scout well and get this right.

I would not pass on young. Watch his videos when he played with the best kids in his class.

If we don't move down or up I think I'd be happy with one of Carter sexton or Young

Id even throw Knox in this group. Have to remember hes 18 years old too. At one point I felt he was top 3.

Im going to assume the top 5 will be

Aayton
Doncic
Bagley
Porter
Bamba

so that leaves a list of

Jackson Carter Young Sexton Knox Mikal Bridges (these will be the potential Knicks choices at 9)

We can add in SAG but were not taking him as we have Frank.

That is your top players in the lottery--although doesnt mean they may be the best players in the draft obviously.

My guess is we pick out of Knox Carter Sexton Young. I just think Bridges is a SG at the pro level and we are into two of them already big$$$. We have needs at PG SF and C

Right now Im at

#1 Sexton #2 Young #3 Carter #4 Knox

I want no part of Sexton at all -- shooting and passing ability is sub-standard, size makes him a switching liability, and he's not enough of an athlete to be a down-hill scorer. I'd take SGA over him.

Assuming your top 5 holds, I'll take 1) Young (happy), 2) Jackson (happy), 3) Bridges (happy), 4)SGA (neutral), 5) Carter (shade under neutral), 6) Knox (wouldn't be thrilled), 7) Sexton (no consideration).

I agree with you with on Sexton about everything, except his athletic ability. He's not Westbrook in terms of burst, but he's got the same amount of relentlessness going to the rim. Athletically, I'd say Sexton is on Reggie Jackson level in terms of run/jump ability. Is that enough to make up for the fact that he's not a natural facilitator? Well, it took Reggie a few years. I'm not sold on Sexton as a lottery pick, but he's propped up by the fact that this a week point guard draft. I think I'd take 1) Jackson (unlikely) 2) Carter 3) Mikal 4) Miles 5) Knox.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2018  2:59 PM
Right now I'll go 1 Bridges, 2 Young, 3 Sexton. I want to focus on guards and wings and stay away from big men. We can always get a quality big man for cheap, and we have our star big already. In today's league, we need to load up on playmakers and shooters. Ntilikina can play multiple positions, so he can fit with another lead guard.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/25/2018  3:59 PM
I wish you lot would start coming to some sort of consensus on who we need to pick- I’ve no idea who to believe!
reub
Member: #6227

3/25/2018  4:19 PM
I'm watching Bridges today and all I see is a 22 year old 3 and D role player. A Kent Bazemore type. I'd rather take Carter or Trae Young, both of whom have much more upside.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/25/2018  4:39 PM
reub wrote:I'm watching Bridges today and all I see is a 22 year old 3 and D role player. A Kent Bazemore type. I'd rather take Carter or Trae Young, both of whom have much more upside.

Those players are going to be gone before we pick if we stay at 9... so have fun crying on draft night when we draft Mikal

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/25/2018  4:49 PM
Btw Bridges probably had his worst game in a long while. That wouldn't be where they are without him
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Mike1989
Member: #8627

3/25/2018  5:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:I'm watching Bridges today and all I see is a 22 year old 3 and D role player. A Kent Bazemore type. I'd rather take Carter or Trae Young, both of whom have much more upside.

Those players are going to be gone before we pick if we stay at 9... so have fun crying on draft night when we draft Mikal

Young or Carter could be available at 9 depending on how the picks go. I've said it before, the top seven in my opinion is Ayton, Bamba, Jackson, Doncic, Porter, Bagley and Young. After that you've got Carter, Miles, Mikal, Knox and Sexton grouped together. So there is a good chance Carter is available at 9 if my top seven go in the top seven and the 8th team picks anyone not named Carter. Likewise it is possible that Young is available if two teams above us take two players from the next group I mentioned, and to be honest Young is the most likely to fall out of the top seven due to concerns over his size, athleticism, and whether his game will translate.

Obviously there is a scenario where Young and Carter is not available, but I think there's a good chance one of them will be available at 9, and if they are we should take them.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2018  5:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:Btw Bridges probably had his worst game in a long while. That wouldn't be where they are without him

Yeah one bad game in over a month.

EnySpree

3/25/2018  6:43 PM
Wendell is having a nightmare game so far.... let's chill with the hype for a sec.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/25/2018  8:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  8:57 PM
The end of the tank tonight fellas, pray to your deity or Adam Silver to rig the draft for us. We are due for some draft luck. I will admit I enjoyed watching the team effort. Hell 8 guys scored in double figures thats insane. I like the scoring guard Frank backcourt. They need to lock up Burke long-term now cheap. If they can get a 4 year 16 million dollar deal for him, grab another scoring guard like Kyrie in FA, get Mikal Bridges, Julius Randle, a healthy KP now you got a team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
reub

3/25/2018  8:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  8:52 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Young or Carter could be available at 9 depending on how the picks go. I've said it before, the top seven in my opinion is Ayton, Bamba, Jackson, Doncic, Porter, Bagley and Young. After that you've got Carter, Miles, Mikal, Knox and Sexton grouped together. So there is a good chance Carter is available at 9 if my top seven go in the top seven and the 8th team picks anyone not named Carter. Likewise it is possible that Young is available if two teams above us take two players from the next group I mentioned, and to be honest Young is the most likely to fall out of the top seven due to concerns over his size, athleticism, and whether his game will translate.

Obviously there is a scenario where Young and Carter is not available, but I think there's a good chance one of them will be available at 9, and if they are we should take them.

I totally agree with what you said there. Drafting Mikal is similar to drafting Kent Bazemore. Trae might bust or he could be great. Carter is above average at almost everything, younger than Mikal, and is often compared to Al Horford. He's going to be underappreciated because he's not great at anything, but he is good at almost everything. I'd rather take a chance on Trae or Carter over a Kent Bazemore type of 3 and D role player.

EnySpree

3/25/2018  10:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  10:03 PM
reub wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I totally agree with what you said there. Drafting Mikal is similar to drafting Kent Bazemore. Trae might bust or he could be great. Carter is above average at almost everything, younger than Mikal, and is often compared to Al Horford. He's going to be underappreciated because he's not great at anything, but he is good at almost everything. I'd rather take a chance on Trae or Carter over a Kent Bazemore type of 3 and D role player.

Sounds good but we're likely picking 9th... there are teams ahead of us that will probably take Trae and Carter.... just like I said above... I'd consider them if they fell to us but they won't coax we pick 9th.... 9th

reub

3/25/2018  10:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:Wendell is having a nightmare game so far.... let's chill with the hype for a sec.

Wendell was in foul trouble the whole game, which held down his production. Hopefully this will hurt his draft placement and enable us to draft him. He does everything well and projects as an Al Horford type of player. Mikal looks like a role player.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2018  10:33 PM
You think pro scouts are as impressionable to one game as we are?
There will be workouts, hours of tape, they will argue among themselves their views and even still some will succeed and some will not.
reub

3/25/2018  11:07 PM
Nalod wrote:You think pro scouts are as impressionable to one game as we are?
There will be workouts, hours of tape, they will argue among themselves their views and even still some will succeed and some will not.

Carter is projected to go 8th so it's possible that one poor performance in a big game could move him to 9th.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/25/2018  11:11 PM
Tank thread, what tank thread?
We are playing to win our way to the 15th pick, under the able guidance of our coach with full support from fans
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree

3/25/2018  11:11 PM
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Wendell is having a nightmare game so far.... let's chill with the hype for a sec.

Wendell was in foul trouble the whole game, which held down his production. Hopefully this will hurt his draft placement and enable us to draft him. He does everything well and projects as an Al Horford type of player. Mikal looks like a role player.

Mikal was looking like the best player in the draft up until today so save it. Wendell had a nightmare game... foul trouble and fouling out in a losing effort is a nightmare game. Don't sugar coat it cuz you like one guy over the other.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/26/2018  4:45 AM
Well, that's us locked into the 9th spot. Such a stupid franchise.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2018  5:29 AM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:

Mikal was looking like the best player in the draft up until today so save it. Wendell had a nightmare game... foul trouble and fouling out in a losing effort is a nightmare game. Don't sugar coat it cuz you like one guy over the other.

I like mikal bridges and I won't cry if we take him-- however name an nba player who is really good thT does not have a dribble drive game? Without a dribble drive your more likely to be a role player. Could be a real good one but I think that's what ge may be.

RIP Crushalot😞
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy