Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/11/2018  4:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

NBa draft net now has Trae Young in the 9th spot--Ill take him there --no brainer

Maybe I’m a prisoner to the moment but I want no part of Young.

Yeah - I could be completely off on this one but I want NO PART of Trae Young.

Also folks really need to pay attention to age difference between Mikal Bridges and other players (ex Knox nearly 3 years younger at 18.5. Is it unr3asonable to think Knox in 3 years at 21.5 will be a better player than Bridges is today (answer is no).

Love Mikal game but at 21.5 his body is not impressive....Frank will look like Mr Olympia compared to Bridges when Frank is 21.5 in 2 1/2 years from today.

Bet the farm on trae young- no brained. He’s a combination of parke curry and Nash. He’s not going to be triple teamed and taking 42 footers on the nba

Agree. I may be in the small minority who would take him number 1 overall, but Trae is a classic example of context mattering. Many player's college stats take a dip in the NBA for a number of reasons. I think Trae will be the opposite.

Trae's 3s are way out in NBA range, with a rapid release off complex dribble moves and he's being guarded essentially 2-3 on 1 on every play. In my opinion, he's slightly quicker than Curry as well. He can be a top 3 offensive engine in the NBA.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/11/2018  4:28 PM
dont look now but were about to be 1/2 game out of position 8 and 2 games from position 6. Please Knicks KEEP losing HUGE HUGE game vs Dallas.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/11/2018  9:53 PM
Mikal Bridges as NBA 4 man? He is more attractive there--almost a drey green type with the same 6-7 height great corner 3 ball and 7-2 wingspan with ability to guard 4-3-2-1
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/11/2018  10:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:dont look now but were about to be 1/2 game out of position 8 and 2 games from position 6. Please Knicks KEEP losing HUGE HUGE game vs Dallas.

For the first time in years we are 100% agreed on something! Hopefully Dennis Smith plays and roasts us, though I suspect we'll win

BRIGGS
3/12/2018  12:29 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:dont look now but were about to be 1/2 game out of position 8 and 2 games from position 6. Please Knicks KEEP losing HUGE HUGE game vs Dallas.

For the first time in years we are 100% agreed on something! Hopefully Dennis Smith plays and roasts us, though I suspect we'll win

Every spot is paramount.

RIP Crushalot😞
Juliano
Member: #7589

3/12/2018  8:00 AM
smackeddog wrote:For the first time in years we are 100% agreed on something! Hopefully Dennis Smith plays and roasts us, though I suspect we'll win

Or, in typical fashion, Frank has a blinder, breaks the 20pts barrier for the first time en route to registering his first ever triple double and wins the game on a 3 pointer buzzer beater.

wargames
Member: #6053

3/12/2018  9:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

NBa draft net now has Trae Young in the 9th spot--Ill take him there --no brainer

Also folks really need to pay attention to age difference between Mikal Bridges and other players (ex Knox nearly 3 years younger at 18.5. Is it unr3asonable to think Knox in 3 years at 21.5 will be a better player than Bridges is today (answer is no).

Love Mikal game but at 21.5 his body is not impressive....Frank will look like Mr Olympia compared to Bridges when Frank is 21.5 in 2 1/2 years from today.

I think Bridges is a late bloomer. There is still plenty of time for him to grow as a player. Knox offers more upside simply because of his age, but the things that Bridges brings will allow him to become a good NBA player right away. His insane consistency from the outside and his defensive talent is something that Knox would have a long way to go to develop. Knox has plenty of upside, but also plenty of unknowns. Bridges could be similar to Donavan Mitchell as a player who is sort of hiding in plain sight because he is an older prospect in a draft full of good freshman. By comparison, Mitchell and Bridges are the exact same age, and there are no concerns about Mitchell's ability to continue to improve off of his awesome rookie season. Bridges will come into the league with 2 above average NBA skills, and can build from there.

Bridges reminds me of Otto Porter who is a type of player every good team can use if they don't have star level talent

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2018  9:35 AM
rooting hard for Bulls and Nets to jump us in the standings!! Knicks 1-9 over last 10 games.
Very proud we are sticking to the plan!!!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2018  11:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Mikal Bridges as NBA 4 man? He is more attractive there--almost a drey green type with the same 6-7 height great corner 3 ball and 7-2 wingspan with ability to guard 4-3-2-1

He can definitely play some 4. He would be a starting 3, but i can see him sliding over to the 4 next to KP in a smallball line-up.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2018  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  11:23 AM
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think Bridges is a late bloomer. There is still plenty of time for him to grow as a player. Knox offers more upside simply because of his age, but the things that Bridges brings will allow him to become a good NBA player right away. His insane consistency from the outside and his defensive talent is something that Knox would have a long way to go to develop. Knox has plenty of upside, but also plenty of unknowns. Bridges could be similar to Donavan Mitchell as a player who is sort of hiding in plain sight because he is an older prospect in a draft full of good freshman. By comparison, Mitchell and Bridges are the exact same age, and there are no concerns about Mitchell's ability to continue to improve off of his awesome rookie season. Bridges will come into the league with 2 above average NBA skills, and can build from there.

Bridges reminds me of Otto Porter who is a type of player every good team can use if they don't have star level talent

He is similar to Otto Porter definitely. That is probably his closest comparison at this point. Porter has star value in the league, just doesn't put up star stats. We only have 1 star, but getting Bridges would still be a huge boost to our rebuild. Whether star or high-level role player, we need building blocks.

wargames

3/12/2018  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  12:06 PM
Nalod wrote:rooting hard for Bulls and Nets to jump us in the standings!! Knicks 1-9 over last 10 games.
Very proud we are sticking to the plan!!!

I really think we will jump over the bulls, Maybe over the mavs for 7 but I could see us ending with 8. Nyets want to win, I just don't see them winning enough to draft later than us.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2018  12:13 PM
Not sure if you noticed but the Knicks are actually in the 5th slot as of today....

We might beat Dallas Tuesday, but we're gonna lose the next 4 games after that.... we might end up with a top 3 pick this year the way things are going.

That changes everything really. We'd be looking at franchise changing talent.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
wargames

3/12/2018  12:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  12:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:Not sure if you noticed but the Knicks are actually in the 5th slot as of today....

We might beat Dallas Tuesday, but we're gonna lose the next 4 games after that.... we might end up with a top 3 pick this year the way things are going.

http://www.tankathon.com/ Tankathon has us at 9 with a .5 game behind Chicago. I wish you were right but we have a ways to go (and will need some luck) before we get to 7 let alone 5

Nalod
USA
3/12/2018  12:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:Not sure if you noticed but the Knicks are actually in the 5th slot as of today....

How does that math work?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2018  12:38 PM
wargames wrote:

http://www.tankathon.com/ Tankathon has us at 9 with a .5 game behind Chicago. I wish you were right but we have a ways to go (and will need some luck) before we get to 7 let alone 5

Looked at that wrong... We're 5 games out of the top spot is what I should have written. Still with the way we're playing the Knicks still have a shot at the top 5. We could start to dream bigger

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
3/12/2018  12:45 PM
EnySpree wrote:
wargames wrote:

Looked at that wrong... We're 5 games out of the top spot is what I should have written. Still with the way we're playing the Knicks still have a shot at the top 5. We could start to dream bigger

......Sweet dreams are made of this

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/12/2018  8:27 PM
Nets have 3 games against tankers later this week. Maybe they get luke warm and we jump them after passing Chicago shortly.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/12/2018  8:35 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Nets have 3 games against tankers later this week. Maybe they get luke warm and we jump them after passing Chicago shortly.

Nets have been annoying me the most out of all the tankers - they actually have no incentive to lose as they don't have a pick, they are actually trying to win, but have been absolutely diabolical lately--I don't actually think we'll overtake them now, unfortunately. What is crucial though is their 2 games vs the bulls

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/12/2018  10:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Nets have 3 games against tankers later this week. Maybe they get luke warm and we jump them after passing Chicago shortly.

Nets have been annoying me the most out of all the tankers - they actually have no incentive to lose as they don't have a pick, they are actually trying to win, but have been absolutely diabolical lately--I don't actually think we'll overtake them now, unfortunately. What is crucial though is their 2 games vs the bulls

Love it!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/12/2018  11:11 PM
Think I'm moving my vote towards S-Gilgeous Alexander ---- kid just doesn't all and has such a beautiful feel & pace of play.

Love the thought of Shae and Frank playing off one another --- maybe we pick up a defensive wing with 2nd round pick.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy