Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/4/2018  8:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Playing around on trade machine. They have Randle as having only one year left on his deal. Clarkson has 3 yrs at ll mil. I would think the need to get out from under Clarkson's deal might be the greater priority if the goal is to clear cap space. KOQ, Buckets and Sessions for Clarkson works.

Would moving Lee work as part of a trade for both Randle and Clarkson. What’s left on Lee’s contract. He’s 32.

Lee's deal is for the same money and the same years so I don't think they would want him.

I tried it and it works but you’re right, they don’t need Lee. Need to get a contender involved who
Could use his 3 PT shooting and D

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/4/2018  9:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  9:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Rumored deal is Greg Monroe & a 2nd for Clarkson and Randle. I like the trade for both Randle and Clarkson but it seems as though we’d have to sweeten the pot. Our expirings (Kanter, MCDermott and KOQ. (With a second if need be).
Wow. That would be a great trade for the Suns.

an insane trade, Randle and Clarkson fit very well here

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/4/2018  9:58 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Rumored deal is Greg Monroe & a 2nd for Clarkson and Randle. I like the trade for both Randle and Clarkson but it seems as though we’d have to sweeten the pot. Our expirings (Kanter, MCDermott and KOQ. (With a second if need be).

Not sure about that. Can Handle play consistently at the 3?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/4/2018  10:51 PM
We need a 3 that can do what Clarkson does.
Better if he could shoot the three pointer as well.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/5/2018  9:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would love to get both of them. We need to improve overall talent and these are 2 talented players.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/5/2018  9:26 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lakers want to make room for some superstars next season. Supposed to be trying to move Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson off the bench with Beasley would be a high scoring second unit. As well as insurance in case THJ's injury continues to linger.

I would trade Willy in a deal for Clarkson. One bench player for another.

Who else would you move Clarkson for to make up the $10M difference in salary? Lakers would only want expiring. Would probably have to include KOQ and McDermott.

Clarkson would be amazing. KOQ and McDermott are both essentially expiring. I'll even throw in the non-bulls 2nd round pick. Clarkson is a young guard who improves the playmaking at the wing and can play some point. Basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. KP and Hardaway are the starting units offense. But off the bench we need that other guard to pair with Beasley. Clarkson fits the bill. If not, i might consider targeting Will Barton as a free agent this summer. Another 6th man who can create plays. We need a playmaker for sure, either at the wing or PG to pair with Frank.

You would absolutely need to throw in picks. Why would the Lakers trade Clarkson for essentially nothing (expiring players they don't need)?

So would a second rounder do it? Probably not?

so a 1st rounder, willy and KOQ, lance or mcd..

That's a lot for clarkson

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/5/2018  9:51 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lakers want to make room for some superstars next season. Supposed to be trying to move Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson off the bench with Beasley would be a high scoring second unit. As well as insurance in case THJ's injury continues to linger.

I would trade Willy in a deal for Clarkson. One bench player for another.

Who else would you move Clarkson for to make up the $10M difference in salary? Lakers would only want expiring. Would probably have to include KOQ and McDermott.

Clarkson would be amazing. KOQ and McDermott are both essentially expiring. I'll even throw in the non-bulls 2nd round pick. Clarkson is a young guard who improves the playmaking at the wing and can play some point. Basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. KP and Hardaway are the starting units offense. But off the bench we need that other guard to pair with Beasley. Clarkson fits the bill. If not, i might consider targeting Will Barton as a free agent this summer. Another 6th man who can create plays. We need a playmaker for sure, either at the wing or PG to pair with Frank.

You would absolutely need to throw in picks. Why would the Lakers trade Clarkson for essentially nothing (expiring players they don't need)?

So would a second rounder do it? Probably not?

so a 1st rounder, willy and KOQ, lance or mcd..

That's a lot for clarkson

Yes it is. I'll use a 2nd round pick and some cash as additional trade comp but otherwise it's not worth it. For the first time in forever we have a surplus of picks this season so i think we can shop around a 2nd round pick if it helps to land a young player who fits a need going forward.

Jordan Clarkson?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy