[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jordan Clarkson?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/4/2018  9:49 AM
Lakers want to make room for some superstars next season. Supposed to be trying to move Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson off the bench with Beasley would be a high scoring second unit. As well as insurance in case THJ's injury continues to linger.

I would trade Willy in a deal for Clarkson. One bench player for another.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2018  10:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Lakers want to make room for some superstars next season. Supposed to be trying to move Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson off the bench with Beasley would be a high scoring second unit. As well as insurance in case THJ's injury continues to linger.

Who else would you move Clarkson for to make up the $10M difference in salary? Lakers would only want expiring. Would probably have to include KOQ and McDermott.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

1/4/2018  10:41 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lakers want to make room for some superstars next season. Supposed to be trying to move Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson off the bench with Beasley would be a high scoring second unit. As well as insurance in case THJ's injury continues to linger.

Who else would you move Clarkson for to make up the $10M difference in salary? Lakers would only want expiring. Would probably have to include KOQ and McDermott.

Sounds good to me. They're both good role players, but Clarkson with Frank in the backcourt (and Beasley) could be scary. Would be a good experience for Frank to run with someone who is that aggressive.

Clarkson is also supposed to be having his most efficient season as a shooter. With Frank at PG, thats a solid backcourt off the bench, for a playoff run. That is if Noah can pick up the slack after KOQ departs.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/4/2018  10:44 AM
martin wrote:

Clarkson would be amazing. KOQ and McDermott are both essentially expiring. I'll even throw in the non-bulls 2nd round pick. Clarkson is a young guard who improves the playmaking at the wing and can play some point. Basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. KP and Hardaway are the starting units offense. But off the bench we need that other guard to pair with Beasley. Clarkson fits the bill. If not, i might consider targeting Will Barton as a free agent this summer. Another 6th man who can create plays. We need a playmaker for sure, either at the wing or PG to pair with Frank.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/4/2018  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Sounds good to me. They're both good role players, but Clarkson with Frank in the backcourt (and Beasley) could be scary. Would be a good experience for Frank to run with someone who is that aggressive.

Clarkson is also supposed to be having his most efficient season as a shooter. With Frank at PG, thats a solid backcourt off the bench, for a playoff run. That is if Noah can pick up the slack after KOQ departs.

That would be fantastic... but it likely slides THJr to the 3. That balances the Knicks out. We shouldn't have the same problems scoring the ball

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2018  10:46 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Clarkson would be amazing. KOQ and McDermott are both essentially expiring. I'll even throw in the non-bulls 2nd round pick. Clarkson is a young guard who improves the playmaking at the wing and can play some point. Basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. KP and Hardaway are the starting units offense. But off the bench we need that other guard to pair with Beasley. Clarkson fits the bill. If not, i might consider targeting Will Barton as a free agent this summer. Another 6th man who can create plays. We need a playmaker for sure, either at the wing or PG to pair with Frank.

You would absolutely need to throw in picks. Why would the Lakers trade Clarkson for essentially nothing (expiring players they don't need)?

So would a second rounder do it? Probably not?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

1/4/2018  10:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

That would be fantastic... but it likely slides THJr to the 3. That balances the Knicks out. We shouldn't have the same problems scoring the ball

I wonder if Hardaway's leg stress issues come from defending bigger players at the 3? He was tsking a lot of charges, nasty hits, this season before he got hurt.

Would love to be able to sort out SF without keeping THJ at the 3. Clarkson off the bench would give us more scoring, a lot more scoring.

GustavBahler

1/4/2018  11:04 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

You would absolutely need to throw in picks. Why would the Lakers trade Clarkson for essentially nothing (expiring players they don't need)?

Because they are doing it primarily for expiring contracts. Willy would give them a young, mobile, big on a cheap deal, who might fit in with the Laker's uptempo offense. He's like a low first round pick. Would offer a couple of second rounders as well.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/4/2018  11:07 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

I think they want to move Clarkson for no long-term money, and anything they get additional will be a bonus. But other teams may offer a similar package, so it might take more you're right.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/4/2018  12:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I wonder if Hardaway's leg stress issues come from defending bigger players at the 3? He was tsking a lot of charges, nasty hits, this season before he got hurt.

Would love to be able to sort out SF without keeping THJ at the 3. Clarkson off the bench would give us more scoring, a lot more scoring.

I think Hardaway might have over worked himself during the Summer. I think he'll be fine when he comes back

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/4/2018  4:32 PM
Clarkson is good. Would be a good move for NY. I am not ready to give up on Willy yet though. KOQ yes.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/4/2018  5:58 PM
I like Randall more than Clarkson but either would be fine. LA wants expiring contracts to be able to sign P GEORGE. Randall has outplayed Nance and plays Defense. He came up soft but is now chisled and a force.
y2zipper
Member: #3287

1/4/2018  6:38 PM
The Lakers don't have to move anyone for space, so Clarkson's going nowhere given that he is a good player on a reasonable contract.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/4/2018  7:13 PM
y2zipper wrote:The Lakers don't have to move anyone for space, so Clarkson's going nowhere given that he is a good player on a reasonable contract.

Randle’s situation is worth watching, though. The Lakers would love to trade him if they could, and Jordan Clarkson fits in that category too. Both players know they have been offered in trades by the Lakers, and they’re handling it in different ways.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-newsletter-20171228-story.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
USA
1/4/2018  7:23 PM
Rumored deal is Greg Monroe & a 2nd for Clarkson and Randle. I like the trade for both Randle and Clarkson but it seems as though we’d have to sweeten the pot. Our expirings (Kanter, MCDermott and KOQ. (With a second if need be).
Paris907
USA
1/4/2018  7:25 PM
Rumored deal is Greg Monroe & a 2nd for Clarkson and Randle. I like the trade for both Randle and Clarkson but it seems as though we’d have to sweeten the pot. Our expirings (Kanter, MCDermott and KOQ. (With a second if need be).
CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  7:43 PM
Paris907 wrote:Rumored deal is Greg Monroe & a 2nd for Clarkson and Randle. I like the trade for both Randle and Clarkson but it seems as though we’d have to sweeten the pot. Our expirings (Kanter, MCDermott and KOQ. (With a second if need be).
Wow. That would be a great trade for the Suns.
CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  7:49 PM
Playing around on trade machine. They have Randle as having only one year left on his deal. Clarkson has 3 yrs at ll mil. I would think the need to get out from under Clarkson's deal might be the greater priority if the goal is to clear cap space. KOQ, Buckets and Sessions for Clarkson works.
Paris907
USA
1/4/2018  8:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Playing around on trade machine. They have Randle as having only one year left on his deal. Clarkson has 3 yrs at ll mil. I would think the need to get out from under Clarkson's deal might be the greater priority if the goal is to clear cap space. KOQ, Buckets and Sessions for Clarkson works.

Would moving Lee work as part of a trade for both Randle and Clarkson. What’s left on Lee’s contract. He’s 32.

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  8:40 PM
Paris907 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Playing around on trade machine. They have Randle as having only one year left on his deal. Clarkson has 3 yrs at ll mil. I would think the need to get out from under Clarkson's deal might be the greater priority if the goal is to clear cap space. KOQ, Buckets and Sessions for Clarkson works.

Would moving Lee work as part of a trade for both Randle and Clarkson. What’s left on Lee’s contract. He’s 32.

Lee's deal is for the same money and the same years so I don't think they would want him.
Jordan Clarkson?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy