1/3/2018  4:13 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2018  4:17 PM
I thought he already won a couple times but that was player of the week.

I expect another Langston Galloway quality call up. Jeff cant get Sessions into a game and when he does Ramon isnt good. I think when its time Sessions gets waived the Burke comes up.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

1/3/2018  4:22 PM
fishmike wrote:I thought he already won a couple times but that was player of the week.

I expect another Langston Galloway quality call up. Jeff cant get Sessions into a game and when he does Ramon isnt good. I think when its time Sessions gets waived the Burke comes up.

Trey is still 1st round talent who is young and developing. I believe he could help the team right now if he were in the rotation.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2018  4:27 PM
Knicks must have an understanding with Burke about waiting until the trade deadline or something. Why else would he sign with the Knicks G-League team with Jack, Sessions, Frank and Baker on the team?

What were his weaknesses coming out of Utah and then Washington?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2018  4:47 PM
martin wrote:Knicks must have an understanding with Burke about waiting until the trade deadline or something. Why else would he sign with the Knicks G-League team with Jack, Sessions, Frank and Baker on the team?

I am not sure but I think he is gone as soon as teams can sign players to ten day contracts. They might want to look at terminating a two way deal to give lock up Burke. But as you say, something may already be in place or he may want a full contract.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/3/2018  5:04 PM
martin wrote:Knicks must have an understanding with Burke about waiting until the trade deadline or something. Why else would he sign with the Knicks G-League team with Jack, Sessions, Frank and Baker on the team?

I loved him coming out of Michigan... he had some cerebral qualities that I thought would pan out. The detractors said that he doesn't have an NBA body and would get punished by the bigger guards.

So, I'm not surprised he is destroying the lesser competition. Jimmer Fredette did the same thing. I haven't seen any of Burke's G-league games, so I can't comment on this, but Burke making it to the next level really down to whether or not he is bigger, faster, stronger than he was before

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2018  5:10 PM

found this while digging (yea, its REALLY slow at work)
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865693282/Former-Jazz-guard-Trey-Burke-revives-career-in-NBA-G-League.html
Good read.

It hints at maturity. Not sure where I heard it, probably here but someone said he was a geniune a-hole. Now maybe he was. Maybe like THjr he needs or needed to be humbled. I dont know.

I like the part where he sees himself as the best PG in the org. He can really score it and if he's willing to defend hard there are so many minutes for him on this roster. Also again.. this is where Frank's value comes in. Anyone thats seen this kid play knows he can score in the NBA. Well, if he's next to Frank you can run him off the ball. Play Burke at the 2 when we go small with a THjr/Lee/Dotson type at the 3.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
1/3/2018  5:19 PM
Trey's G league stats are nice but I really haven't seen him play and I think he starts with XRM as the shooting guard? Or maybe the both play combo guards?

Seems like he would be a good change of pace/scoring PG off the bench if Frank started.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2018  5:27 PM
fishmike wrote:

found this while digging (yea, its REALLY slow at work)
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865693282/Former-Jazz-guard-Trey-Burke-revives-career-in-NBA-G-League.html
Good read.

It hints at maturity. Not sure where I heard it, probably here but someone said he was a geniune a-hole. Now maybe he was. Maybe like THjr he needs or needed to be humbled. I dont know.

I like the part where he sees himself as the best PG in the org. He can really score it and if he's willing to defend hard there are so many minutes for him on this roster. Also again.. this is where Frank's value comes in. Anyone thats seen this kid play knows he can score in the NBA. Well, if he's next to Frank you can run him off the ball. Play Burke at the 2 when we go small with a THjr/Lee/Dotson type at the 3.

Great article. Thanks for posting it. I also like that his relationship with Perry helped him choose the Knicks.
reub
Member: #6227

1/3/2018  5:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

He would change our whole pathetic looking offense and KP would get a lot of easy shots.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  5:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  6:08 PM
January 5th teams can start signing guys to 10 days....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

1/3/2018  6:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:January 5th teens can start signing guys to 10 days....

It's interesting that they played Sessions the last 2 games. I know that Baker was hurt in the last game but it could be as a favor to him so that other teams can see him before he's released. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

martin
USA
1/3/2018  6:03 PM
reub wrote:

It's interesting that they played Sessions the last 2 games. I know that Baker was hurt in the last game but it could be as a favor to him so that other teams can see him before he's released. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Did you watch the game? Frank was sick and all the PGs were playing awful. Plus, back to back.

EnySpree

1/3/2018  6:14 PM
martin wrote:
reub wrote:

Did you watch the game? Frank was sick and all the PGs were playing awful. Plus, back to back.

It's interesting none the less....

Knicks are searching for an extra perimeter player to knock down shots. Burke should be able to swallow Bakers minutes. THJr is taking Derms minutes. That extra shooter/ ball handler will change the game for us.... I'm hoping something good happens here.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

1/3/2018  6:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
reub wrote:

Knicks are searching for an extra perimeter player to knock down shots. Burke should be able to swallow Bakers minutes. THJr is taking Derms minutes. That extra shooter/ ball handler will change the game for us.... I'm hoping something good happens here.

Agreed. It can't happen soon enough for me because our offense is rudderless. KP is playing like a point guard trying to create for himself when he should have someone else doing it for him.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/3/2018  7:15 PM
Good job Trey. I just feel there are a few guys out there that are a little more higher end talent-wise for the role we could use him in but he'd be on the table for a call up if it were up to me.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/3/2018  7:38 PM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
reub wrote:

You’re hoping something good happens. Well we all want that punk A** BiT**. 90 % that comes out your mouth is ignorance about how to move the Knicks to where they should be headed. Ignorant. So, you want Willy gone. That 90% of what you obsess over and then now it’s Baker in your dog house. You’re a buyer. You think we can make a run but the only run unfortunately to anyone half way knowledgeable
Is to secure a top 10 pick. Trade to clean up your financials - that’s it. You want Burke fine, you want IT too? Nope. It’s squandering. You want to sign defensively weak players. Kanter and IT. They’re nice guys and talented but San Antonio, Houston, Oklahoma Boston Cleveland Phili GSW and at least a half a dozen more teams will eat thatnup and spit you out.

The 40% shooter from three can be found no problem but defensive oriented bigs that can stop elite teams and score 18 ppg and younger players who have the talent and athleticism to become all stars are what we need. Grow up and learn something. Most of the guys here know their sh**. You should take notes fool.

EnySpree

1/3/2018  7:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  7:51 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
reub wrote:

You’re hoping something good happens. Well we all want that punk A** BiT**. 90 % that comes out your mouth is ignorance about how to move the Knicks to where they should be headed. Ignorant. So, you want Willy gone. That 90% of what you obsess over and then now it’s Baker in your dog house. You’re a buyer. You think we can make a run but the only run unfortunately to anyone half way knowledgeable
Is to secure a top 10 pick. Trade to clean up your financials - that’s it. You want Burke fine, you want IT too? Nope. It’s squandering. You want to sign defensively weak players. Kanter and IT. They’re nice guys and talented but San Antonio, Houston, Oklahoma Boston Cleveland Phili GSW and at least a half a dozen more teams will eat thatnup and spit you out.

The 40% shooter from three can be found no problem but defensive oriented bigs that can stop elite teams and score 18 ppg and younger players who have the talent and athleticism to become all stars are what we need. Grow up and learn something. Most of the guys here know their sh**. You should take notes fool.

If you want to piss the season away for a top 10 pick that's fine. No need for all the extra stuff. I could add my extra comments but it's not fun to make fun of the disabled.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  8:54 PM
reub wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He would change our whole pathetic looking offense and KP would get a lot of easy shots.

I seen him play in person. He had a good game. Dleague defense is so disorganized and a lot of his points cam on ISO.
Swarm last year had Damien Wilkins on its roster. He dominated the games. 35 year old and no NBA team wanted him. Big drop off in talent.
Trey is on the road back but I’d temper my enthusiasm.
Reagarding Cat Barber, saw hm three times last year and he is not that good. Too slight.

EnySpree

1/3/2018  10:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
reub wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I seen him play in person. He had a good game. Dleague defense is so disorganized and a lot of his points cam on ISO.
Swarm last year had Damien Wilkins on its roster. He dominated the games. 35 year old and no NBA team wanted him. Big drop off in talent.
Trey is on the road back but I’d temper my enthusiasm.
Reagarding Cat Barber, saw hm three times last year and he is not that good. Too slight.

Noah was down there for a game and looked like moses Malone. It is what it is. Still certain skills translate. Trey can make shots. Beasley said it tonight. The Knicks can't go blow for blow with teams they have to get stops. The Knicks clearly need too upgrade the talent. That extra guy that can knocks down a jumper or make a layup off a drive. Thjr will help but we still need 2 extra guys to really complete better

Trey Burke G League Player of the Month

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy