[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do You think the knicks will make any roster moves by the trade dead line?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/3/2018  11:47 AM
If this team lingers around .500 by the dead line, where do you go from there as far as the remainder of the season.

I think it's a tough call when your not bad enough to tank it out, or not good enough to be a major playoff threat(although I do feel we are a low seeded playoff team). Do you stay with Mcd, Beasley, kanter, lance and KOQ and continue to develop this core, or do blow it up (again). Do we even have any real cap space this off season?

ES
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  12:04 PM
I think we will make a move.... 10 day contracts are almost live. I look for Burke to get called up. Knicks need a roster spot though. Something got to give
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2018  12:36 PM
Probably moving KOQ.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/3/2018  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  12:50 PM
Knixkik wrote:Probably moving KOQ.

I agree. Maybe not a get a whole lot in return but 4 centers is foolish. Maybe even trade Willy if somebody values him decently.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  12:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:If this team lingers around .500 by the dead line, where do you go from there as far as the remainder of the season.

I think it's a tough call when your not bad enough to tank it out, or not good enough to be a major playoff threat(although I do feel we are a low seeded playoff team). Do you stay with Mcd, Beasley, kanter, lance and KOQ and continue to develop this core, or do blow it up (again). Do we even have any real cap space this off season?

As much as you talk, you really don't know about our cap situation? You need to have some knowledge to be taken serious.
In the real world all these decisions have short and long term ramifications.
To improve one must offer value in return. Change is not always improvement.
But if you don't know the teams cap situation, then how can you make any suggestion. IN fact, any trade discussion you need to understand the contracts of the players you lust for, and there teams cap, AND......Draft pick status of what they got, whose picks they might have, and what they might owe.

I'll give you my opinion, If after our tough January and February we are still close and our brain trust considers there is upside then perhaps we tweek.
There will be suiters for KOQ, enes and maybe Noah. If we can play Noah that makes KOQ expendable. But he has been a nice piece for us!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2018  12:47 PM
Agree. I also wonder about Lee. Seems like there would be a market and it might be a good contract to get out from under. I don't think anything happens with Noah unless the Knicks are willing to take on a deal like Batuum or maybe even Gallo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2018  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  12:51 PM
I dont think so BUT

The supreme leader will do ANYTHING to make the playoffs and were as close to that as you can get.

I feel a Nikola Mirotic trade a coming with one of their PGs! Cost Willy G and their 2 back with KOQ et al to make the money work

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
1/3/2018  1:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont think so BUT

The supreme leader will do ANYTHING to make the playoffs and were as close to that as you can get.

I feel a Nikola Mirotic trade a coming with one of their PGs! Cost Willy G and their 2 back with KOQ et al to make the money work

was think about this since he said he wanted to be traded, but they won't give up dunn and mirotic, not to mention they have been winning since he's return.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2018  1:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont think so BUT

Do you think Payne can come back from his foot issues?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
USA
1/3/2018  1:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  1:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Agree. I also wonder about Lee. Seems like there would be a market and it might be a good contract to get out from under. I don't think anything happens with Noah unless the Knicks are willing to take on a deal like Batuum or maybe even Gallo.

Lee is a captain and i don't think we will get the value in return that he brings. He has been the perfect veteran complimentary wing. Trading him probably hurts the culture being built right now. He and Lance have really been so important to this whole thing.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/3/2018  1:15 PM

Too bad THJ is hurt, KOQ and Lee would have made a nice offer to a contender. Both bring something to the table.

Im guessing that Perry is weighing Frank's progress vs the need to upgrade the starting PG position.
Last game showed that in spite of the strides Frank is making, he still has nights where he looks overwhelmed.

Don't believe Frank is ready to start, and the playoffs are still a realistic goal for the team. Would be great to make a trade for a playoff run. If it looks like the Knicks are out of the hunt, let Frank start for the rest of the season.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2018  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  1:37 PM
Ive never really thought of it before--but James Dolan and Kim Jung un are closely resembled. Always wear black about 5-6 supreme leaders of their nation. Will getcha if you fall out of line. Kim jim Dolan! Itsok Jimmy--you probably have 8 more billion than me. But at 6-4 and still resembling Troy Aikman--Is got enuff:)

RIP Crushalot😞
MS
Member: #724
1/3/2018  1:45 PM
At this point they absolutely need too.

This team is not a playoff team. THJR's injury is very worrisome and we can't compete without him.

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

I would be listening to offers on everyone above. Lee's value will never be higher, he's been fantastic all year long and playing tremendous basketball, same goes for KOQ. I like KOQ and would be interested on a 3year 18MM deal as our backup center. Kanter is an enigma, sometimes he looks downright unstoppable others he just disappears. If we can move him for the right package, need to listen. He's going to want to get paid.

I like what I see from Doug, but he is an easily replaceable role player, the kind we always lock ourselves into a **** contracts like we have done over the years with Jefferies, Novak, Thomas and just about every other 7th/8th player.

Beasley has played surprisingly well, could we get a high draft pick for him and a player above?

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/3/2018  2:06 PM
MS wrote:At this point they absolutely need too.

This team is not a playoff team. THJR's injury is very worrisome and we can't compete without him.

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

I would be listening to offers on everyone above. Lee's value will never be higher, he's been fantastic all year long and playing tremendous basketball, same goes for KOQ. I like KOQ and would be interested on a 3year 18MM deal as our backup center. Kanter is an enigma, sometimes he looks downright unstoppable others he just disappears. If we can move him for the right package, need to listen. He's going to want to get paid.

I like what I see from Doug, but he is an easily replaceable role player, the kind we always lock ourselves into a **** contracts like we have done over the years with Jefferies, Novak, Thomas and just about every other 7th/8th player.

Beasley has played surprisingly well, could we get a high draft pick for him and a player above?

Really excellent analysis. While Briggs picked Knicks with 12th pick, I can See Chicago overtake them
As I think they’ll struggle to get 18 more wins. All moves are financial except Mirotec who is playing well but neither be or KP possess enough athleticism when 5 athletes are opposing them. For Knicks to truly compete, think what we’d look like in 3 years if Pops ran the team and coached it.
Still about shutting teams down.

knicks1248
1/3/2018  2:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:If this team lingers around .500 by the dead line, where do you go from there as far as the remainder of the season.

As much as you talk, you really don't know about our cap situation? You need to have some knowledge to be taken serious.
In the real world all these decisions have short and long term ramifications.
To improve one must offer value in return. Change is not always improvement.
But if you don't know the teams cap situation, then how can you make any suggestion. IN fact, any trade discussion you need to understand the contracts of the players you lust for, and there teams cap, AND......Draft pick status of what they got, whose picks they might have, and what they might owe.

I'll give you my opinion, If after our tough January and February we are still close and our brain trust considers there is upside then perhaps we tweek.
There will be suiters for KOQ, enes and maybe Noah. If we can play Noah that makes KOQ expendable. But he has been a nice piece for us!

I didn't mean that question literally, cmon dude, finding out our cap situation takes a few clicks. I was saying that more sarcastically meaning we really don't have anything to look fwd to as far as improving the roster with a big name FA, so trades are really our only hope.

ES
knicks1248
1/3/2018  2:29 PM

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

why would you want to trade lee and Kanter, I mean unless you getting back a ALL star, these 2 guys love Ny, are good high character productive guys, these are not dime a dozen players. we have to keep some kind of core together

ES
MS
Member: #724
1/3/2018  2:43 PM
You don't have to trade them. You need to listen to offers.

We need talent and young talent that will allow the team to be flexible when the right free agents are available. Do you give Kanter 4years and $70-80MM? I like Lee he's a tremendous chemistry guy, but if you can get a pick in deep draft for a player that is 32 years old and enjoying the best season of his entire career you need to listen. Things change very quickly in this league. George Hill was tremendous for the Jazz last season now he's production has fallen off. It happens to guys.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2018  2:59 PM

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

those are nice pieces to offer a playoff team. The Knicks could make the playoffs but they are not a contender. We will see what Perry does. I can see a lot of teams that could really use some combo of those 4 guys. With KOQ/Kanter/McD all (kind of) expiring they have extra value IMO. The question is what do the Knicks take back?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
1/3/2018  3:18 PM

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

The good news is we seemed to stay afloat without Hardaway for awhile, who is probably our 2nd best player. But any team won't survive a long stretch without one of the most important pieces.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/3/2018  9:07 PM
Hey I realize it’s a back to back,but the Wizards arenahootinf 59% tonight. Makes me question acquisition of Mirotic. Bradley B just drive inside at will. IT is not gonna deal w that nor will Trey Burke or the litany of most others mentioned.
Do You think the knicks will make any roster moves by the trade dead line?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy