[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

do you really think frank has the ability to be a top 8 pg in this league
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2017  10:51 PM
Vmart wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:Frank is going to be great. He is a rookie who plays under control. It’s these type of players that win championships and lead. They put importance in team work as opposed to individual recognition. They are selfless always willing to help other get theirs and keep everyone moving and expecting the next pass.

You think he won’t be a double digit scorer in the NBA. I think he will I see Frank Averaging anywhere from 14-18 points and 8-10 assists while giving the Knicks stellar defense.

Curious, in a time when players like Steph, Irving, Wall, Lowry, Harden are pushing the pace and raining threes, who exactly are you referring to that plays like Frank and winning chips?

Think the argument is not so much about how Frank is doing as a rookie but was that type of player worth an 8 pick.


You remember Lowry when he was a rookie? How many threes does Wall rain down? Irving was a #1 pick? My point is that your chances of pulling a franchise guard at 8 are slim to begin with. Go look at draft histories and see how realistic that is. We got the best two-way PG prospect in the draft, so yes, I think that was worth a gamble at 8.

Your skating. All these players are known for their offense. Which team has won a chip recently because of their two way guard? And again, not knocking Frank, think he has shown signs of being able to be a good player, but you really don't think we could have picked up a two way vet in free agency or another two way player later in the draft? I do.

Mario Chalmers, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd all these guys won Championships they could all score yes but what makes you think that Frank won’t be as good a scorer as those mentioned. Frank has been hitting the three of late and can be improved on. Now I said I see a player that can average 14-18 points and 8-10 assist is that bad. I mean that is Kidd like and Nash like and CP3 like. What would be so bad about that. Just because he might not go off like Curry or Westbrook. How many have those.

You guys acting like Frank ain’t gonna improve he is going to just like KP and others have improved.

Something concerning that I hope changes. Frank's minutes are being increased, he is averaging 26 minutes a game for his last 5 games. During that time he has taken one free throw.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
AUTOADVERT
doomed
Posts: 20129
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2006
Member: #1078

12/30/2017  12:10 AM
Dude you're ridiculous. He's 19! 19!
Cartman718
Posts: 26133
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

12/30/2017  4:41 AM
martin wrote:Man, some of you are ridiculous in your predictions.

You know how many years it took Mike Conley, Steve Nash, Kyle Lowry, Dragic before ANY of them hit 14 ppg and 6 apg? 4 years, 5 years, 7 years, 7 years. Started in league at 20, 22, 20, 22 years old respectfully. Yes, Steve Nash was finally 15.6 and 7.3 assits at age 26.

I'd say Frank will hit 15 and 7 by his 3rd year EASILY. While being a much better defender then any of them.

Frank is hitting almost 42% of his 3pt shots for Dec.

Yes but how many 3 point shots is he taking? I just wish he was a bit more trigger happy. It’d open up shots for others if he was hitting consistently. He’s got a smooth shot. Why not use it more? Lee and KP can’t be the only 2 consistent scorers until THJr comes back.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee
Posts: 21991
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

12/30/2017  8:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:Frank is going to be great. He is a rookie who plays under control. It’s these type of players that win championships and lead. They put importance in team work as opposed to individual recognition. They are selfless always willing to help other get theirs and keep everyone moving and expecting the next pass.

You think he won’t be a double digit scorer in the NBA. I think he will I see Frank Averaging anywhere from 14-18 points and 8-10 assists while giving the Knicks stellar defense.

Curious, in a time when players like Steph, Irving, Wall, Lowry, Harden are pushing the pace and raining threes, who exactly are you referring to that plays like Frank and winning chips?

Think the argument is not so much about how Frank is doing as a rookie but was that type of player worth an 8 pick.


You remember Lowry when he was a rookie? How many threes does Wall rain down? Irving was a #1 pick? My point is that your chances of pulling a franchise guard at 8 are slim to begin with. Go look at draft histories and see how realistic that is. We got the best two-way PG prospect in the draft, so yes, I think that was worth a gamble at 8.

Your skating. All these players are known for their offense. Which team has won a chip recently because of their two way guard? And again, not knocking Frank, think he has shown signs of being able to be a good player, but you really don't think we could have picked up a two way vet in free agency or another two way player later in the draft? I do.

Mario Chalmers, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd all these guys won Championships they could all score yes but what makes you think that Frank won’t be as good a scorer as those mentioned. Frank has been hitting the three of late and can be improved on. Now I said I see a player that can average 14-18 points and 8-10 assist is that bad. I mean that is Kidd like and Nash like and CP3 like. What would be so bad about that. Just because he might not go off like Curry or Westbrook. How many have those.

You guys acting like Frank ain’t gonna improve he is going to just like KP and others have improved.

Something concerning that I hope changes. Frank's minutes are being increased, he is averaging 26 minutes a game for his last 5 games. During that time he has taken one free throw.
Concerning? Maybe I would be concerned if we had to send him to the G League like Malik Monk.
Nalod
Posts: 55926
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2017  8:32 AM
Fred Weis’s ghost lurks inside his soul!
This thread’s author does not understand the word “Potential”.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/30/2017  9:11 AM
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nykshaknbake
Posts: 22050
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
12/30/2017  9:11 AM
Top 8? Doubtful. And that's not really a knock. There are a lot of good PGs out there. We just haven't had one in many years so it feels like there are no one. Even in this class I think Fox and Ball and probably Fultz(whenever he plays again)have higher upsides. So you are competing with the best PGs from probably a 10 draft year window. 8 is a tall order. Right now he's basically a defensive specialist who has ok court vision. Can that improve? Sure, but top 8 is a bit rosy.
knicks1248
Posts: 37541
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
12/30/2017  10:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2017  10:14 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

ES
Nalod
Posts: 55926
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2017  10:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

And the assumption is he’ll never get better?
We are giving him crunch time minutes which matters.
Frank in the next few years:

1. Shave
2. Age up to allows entry to night clubs.
3. By red wine.
4. Might grow still
5. Get stronger.
6. Date supermodels.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2017  10:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

Lonzo's free throw shooting is horrible.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
fishmike
Posts: 48816
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/30/2017  10:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

he's gonna be a star in that kind of system. Any other questions?
knicks1248
Posts: 37541
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
12/30/2017  11:36 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

he's gonna be a star in that kind of system. Any other questions?

REALLY?

Base on his current skill set and what you have seen so far, he has shown you he has the ability to play like LIN, HARDEN, I T, Nash, Bledsoe, (some of the guards that played in that system).

I'm not putting him in that category, he has shown me that he can be defense specialist, glue guy. He plays like his personality(smart and very laid back) he's not going to take no sht, and he won't every start no sht. I could accept him for who he is because there is value in that role.

You going to have hard time convincing some that he's going to transform in to a fast scoring aggressive pg.

ES
Vmart
Posts: 30733
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
12/30/2017  11:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

he's gonna be a star in that kind of system. Any other questions?

REALLY?

Base on his current skill set and what you have seen so far, he has shown you he has the ability to play like LIN, HARDEN, I T, Nash, Bledsoe, (some of the guards that played in that system).

I'm not putting him in that category, he has shown me that he can be defense specialist, glue guy. He plays like his personality(smart and very laid back) he's not going to take no sht, and he won't every start no sht. I could accept him for who he is because there is value in that role.

You going to have hard time convincing some that he's going to transform in to a fast scoring aggressive pg.

He will never be in any of your categories. Let the kid be. Your standards are to high for even Magic Johnson.

knicks1248
Posts: 37541
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
12/30/2017  11:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

Lonzo's free throw shooting is horrible.

wow, 48% from a PG, jesus!!!

ES
MS
Posts: 25966
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/28/2004
Member: #724
12/30/2017  12:23 PM
I just don’t see how he’s going to be a top player at his position.

This draft alone you have
1. Mitchell
2. Ball
3. Fox
4. Smith

Is Frank better than any of those guys or will he be? Highly doubtful. He’s got amazing defensive instincts and is a solid passer, but doesn’t have the first step or the vertical leap of an elite point guard.

I think we are looking at a better version of Charlie Ward. 13.5pts 7ass 4rbs 2stls. Which are very solid numbers. Parker didn’t have Franks size, but he was quick and crafty, have yet to see frank use much athleticism and creativity when going to the rim. Generally you see flashes. At his size and with the length of his arms he should be dunking the basketball.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 25205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/30/2017  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

All you ever do is focus on points scored and shooting. You define success in the NBA based on points scored - you are a Melo fan. I would like to see things from your POV, but I can't get my head that far up my ass.
Honestly you are incapable of assessing value and this thread is testament to that. All you ever talk about, only stats you ever post are always just focused on scoring. You just don't get it, sorry. Your question was already answered multiple times by multiple posters - Frank can be a 14/9 type guy and that's almost Steve Nash level AND he has ELITE defense. And No Steve Nash didn't play at Steve Nash level for the first 3-4 years of his career. Could MDA type ball succeed with Steve Nash - FUKK YES. It was designed for Steve Nash. Get over jerking off on Dennis Smith stats or go root for the Mavs - doesn't matter. Frank is here to STAY.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Rookie
Posts: 23601
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

12/30/2017  1:08 PM
Frank is going to be a good player, but PG might not be his future. Frank looks more like a SG at this point. I like his shooting form and he has good court vision, but he does not look like he will be a starting PG in this league. Maybe he grows another inch and puts on 10 pounds as he matures which would make him a solid 2 in the NBA.
newyorker4ever
Posts: 26413
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/19/2014
Member: #5816

12/30/2017  1:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

Newsflash: Frank is 19 years old with only 30+ games of NBA experience. At this point I'm looking for flashes not a finished product. Conversely, Channing Frye had moments his rookie year where he looked like future all-star. Didn't quite work out that way.

Can we give the kid more than 30+ games to develop?

Typecasting players as failures because we didn't draft the guy they wanted us pretty common. Then there's the need to stereotypes foreign players as weak etc. You can't argue against this with reason.

Im asking how good do you think he will be and would he fit in a MDA like system, which is what we're trying to run?
He is one of the worse shooting rookies in this yrs class for the minutes he's playing

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgMinutes/position/rookies

he's gonna be a star in that kind of system. Any other questions?

REALLY?

Base on his current skill set and what you have seen so far, he has shown you he has the ability to play like LIN, HARDEN, I T, Nash, Bledsoe, (some of the guards that played in that system).

I'm not putting him in that category, he has shown me that he can be defense specialist, glue guy. He plays like his personality(smart and very laid back) he's not going to take no sht, and he won't every start no sht. I could accept him for who he is because there is value in that role.

You going to have hard time convincing some that he's going to transform in to a fast scoring aggressive pg.


I know a lot of you like playing GM but nobody knows what this kid will be in 2-3 years. He has a lot of work to do on his game which everyone knew when he was drafted so to try to predict what he'll be in 2-3 years is just guessing at this point. The kid is smart, he's coachable, his defense will be fine and will get better as the game slows down for him, he has a nice shot but he just doesn't have confidence in his shot right now and he has pretty good court vision. He doesn't have the explosiveness to the basket and i don't think that will come so he needs to get a floater (which every single PG should have) so he can go to the basket and if he doesn't get around his guy then that floater is a great weapon.

nixluva
Posts: 56224
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
12/30/2017  1:41 PM
If you watch Frank it’s obvious that the NBA game is a bit too fast for him at times, but it’s slowing down for him with every passing game! I was concerned about him before the draft but after
Seeing him for 30+ games it’s clear the kids going to be fantastic. His confidence level is growing as we saw vs the Spurs.

We Need to accept Franck for who he is and not try to make it into something he’s not. Frank is quick enough to get by guys but will need to work on his Handle and finishing moves around the basket. All you need to know is that the Knicks play way better when Frank is on the floor especially with KP. That’s only going to get better. Frank is a winning player. I’ve kept saying it and I’ll say it again he’s a point guard version of Kawhi Leonard.

Nalod
Posts: 55926
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2017  2:40 PM
Knicks1248, yes, I think Frank has the ability to be a top 8 PG in this league. In six years he’ll be 25.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
do you really think frank has the ability to be a top 8 pg in this league

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.