[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyway we could work a Kanter to Milwaukee for Brogdon Henson change?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/28/2017  1:46 PM
They need Kanter so badly--prfect fit--i dont want draft picks I want Brogdon.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2017  1:51 PM
Does the money work?
If they move Brogdon, do they then need a starting PG?
Does Brogdon move our dial?
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/28/2017  2:06 PM
Please give up the nonsense about trading Kanter. Milwaukee would never deal Brogdon for Kanter. They just got rid of Monroe, who is similar to Kanter in most ways. No way a team deals a versatile 2-way guard for a low post player in today's NBA. You are seriously overrating Kanter's value around the league. Everyone in the league knows he is a good player, but a player who's production takes a major spike playing next to Porzingis because they are a near perfect match. He is more valuable here than anywhere else, and teams know that. Just let it go.
Knixkik
USA
12/28/2017  2:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Does the money work?

They have Bledsoe now, but they still aren't trading Brogdon unless it's in a package for a superstar.

BRIGGS
12/28/2017  2:09 PM
Knixkik wrote:

They have Bledsoe now, but they still aren't trading Brogdon unless it's in a package for a superstar.

They have a slew of wing guard type players--theyre getting Jabari back soon--they have absolutely nothing physical in the middle. Kanter and Monroe are not the same type players. Kanter is a physical beast. Hes a missing piece for them

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
12/28/2017  2:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

They have a slew of wing guard type players--theyre getting Jabari back soon--they have absolutely nothing physical in the middle. Kanter and Monroe are not the same type players. Kanter is a physical beast. Hes a missing piece for them

Even if Milwaukee could use him, they are a small market team who isn't going after a player like Kanter and his contract. Brodgon is a keeper for them.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2017  2:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:They need Kanter so badly--prfect fit--i dont want draft picks I want Brogdon.

Let's try to whittle down the SG depth we already have instead of adding more. Brogdan is a third guard type who doesn't really end the defense with his dibble. We need wings. Henson would help, but he's also a backup. I'd like to take a chance on Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow type myself. They've been disappointments, but my thrive in a different setting.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  2:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Do you know this? They have Delly for utility. I see Briggs point and Milwaukee won't get far in the playoffs without half court physicality.
Where Kanter is a good fit with KP, would he not with Giannis?
I prefer Briggs be more specific with a trade idea but the concept is ok.
Sessions or Jack could be put in for a playoff run. experience matters!!

Parker is a mystery. Its also a hard lesson on tanking. The no. 1 pick just 25 games with no pre existing blows out his knee. its why players go to the NBA when they can. He is not even 22 yet and soon to be restricted Free agent.
Tank and take a kid like this and it puts you back.
At the same time it opened up Giannis and other opportunity. Giannis was taken 15th. He could blow out his knee as an anyone.
The lesson and I think the knicks are smart to not artificially inflate their short term but DON"T TRADE PICKS unless your getting close to contention.
This is where Milwaukee is (not aware if what they have) but if Kanter was given a promise to resign next year its possible Milwaukee can trade young assets for someone that might take them over the top. They are in that weird zone. Giannis is 23. He is getting close.
For that matter, would Beas (Played there last year) be better off the bench as they might not want to develop parker. Jabari has played little the last few years and will need time. Milwaukee really have the time to do this if they have a reasonable shot at conf. finals?
They want to bang with Toronto, its not going to be with Thon Maker!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/28/2017  2:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:They need Kanter so badly--prfect fit--i dont want draft picks I want Brogdon.

where would the heart, soul, energy, toughness, rebounding going to come from after trading kanter, BROGdon?

ES
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  2:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

where would the heart, soul, energy, toughness, rebounding going to come from after trading kanter, BROGdon?

Noah.

BRIGGS
12/28/2017  2:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

We have KP Kyle Oquinn Noah and Willy. I dont see anywhere in the rule books where KP cant be moved to 5 either. We need MORE ball movement better passers more diversified players. Milwauke has that--they could use Kanter badly--we could use Brogdon.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2017  2:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

The same place it's already headed...the low lottery. I'm not suggesting we should trade Kanter for Brogdan, just that everyone is tradable.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
12/28/2017  2:48 PM
That would give us Frank THJ and Brogdon as a baseline--we move Enes out of the middle it opens up the post for KP to stay closer to.

I fully understand that Kanter has given us stabilization and wins--and certainly you have to GIVE up value to get it. This is NOTHING bad against Kanter--I lkike Kanter--dont like his paycheck and ultimately dont like the style of play NOW. I want more mobility.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  2:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:That would give us Frank THJ and Brogdon as a baseline--we move Enes out of the middle it opens up the post for KP to stay closer to.

I fully understand that Kanter has given us stabilization and wins--and certainly you have to GIVE up value to get it. This is NOTHING bad against Kanter--I lkike Kanter--dont like his paycheck and ultimately dont like the style of play NOW. I want more mobility.

How do you work the money out? Ene's makes a lot more than Brogdon. What do we have to take back?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/28/2017  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  3:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Noah.

Noah is healthy... I think he would be ready to step right in.

What if we traded Noah for that same packedge? The Bucks would be playoff ready with Noah in the mix

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  3:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  3:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Noah.

What if we traded Noah for that same packedge? The Bucks would be playoff ready with Noah in the mix

Got my vote!! Same thing though, what do we take back? Details, details!!
I can very well imagine any team that needs a big is calling the knicks. I can only assume we are in many conversations given our depth at the position.
Do we have to pay to rid of Noah's contract?

knicks1248
12/28/2017  3:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We have KP Kyle Oquinn Noah and Willy. I dont see anywhere in the rule books where KP cant be moved to 5 either. We need MORE ball movement better passers more diversified players. Milwauke has that--they could use Kanter badly--we could use Brogdon.

yeah we do, but you will never get more the 7 rebounds from Kp because he absolutely resides on the perimeter. He is a really good defender, but rebounding is a 3rd or 4th option from him.

Noah, koq, and willy, don't bring half of what kanter brings. Im willing to sacrifice a future pick for a real pg, I don't want to take away one of our strengths, to fill a weakness, because then we're going to be weak where we were once strong..2steps fwd, 2 steps back

ES
knicks1248
12/28/2017  3:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Noah.

no one wants noah, unless he is a throw in with kp coming with him, or willy and frank and a 1st.

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/28/2017  8:14 PM

Here's a link to the site Briggs has been using -

[link*]http://www.nbatraderape.com/TradeMachine/post.asp?m=horse****thenonKnicksteam[/link*]

On a serious note, the Bucks won't move Brogdon for Kanter. They do have a 5 million trade exception (Roy Hibbert) they can use in a deal.

When they traded for Eric Bledsoe, they also picked up his 15 million salary for 2018.

They need to get rid of Teletovic, Henson and Delladova's contracts, in that order. They've been rumored to offer Jabari Parker straight out, for any team who would eat all of those contracts completely.

The Bucks will end up a tax paying team most likely. They WON'T go into the tax zone though for Enes Kanter.

The other issue is if the Bucks need a big, they can just sweep around when buyouts happen OR they can make a deal with one of the other 28 teams and see if they can get an expiring big for a very small asset moving. This is where the Hibbert 5 million can help them quite a bit.

There are TWENTY EIGHT OTHER NBA TEAMS. Any deal for the Bucks has to be the best deal OUT OF ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS. Also the deal needs to pass The Mirror Test. If the Knicks had Brogdon, would you want them to trade him for Kanter? Then why would they?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2017  8:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:That would give us Frank THJ and Brogdon as a baseline--we move Enes out of the middle it opens up the post for KP to stay closer to.

Every time Kanter is taken out for Beasley or Lance, the Knicks get no offensive rebounds. That seems to be the time when KP takes his game outside of the paint. His rebounding is not good enough to not have a traditional center playing with him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Anyway we could work a Kanter to Milwaukee for Brogdon Henson change?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy