[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ballsy prescient management and ownership would sell
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/28/2017  12:25 AM
I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 48720
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/28/2017  9:58 AM
Its like you have turned this place into your own personal twitter... except we all have to follow

Kanter
KP
Frank
THjr
McD
Willy
Dotson
Baker

These are all players who are improving. As for acquiring another franchise player I am sure you can find us the next Rodney White, Anthony Randolph or BJ Muellens and remind us daily.

Knixkik
Posts: 29484
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/28/2017  10:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

There is no jump from bad to contender. There has to be in-between years as improvement is mostly incremental. Need to stop being obsessed with being either a contender or tank team. We will never be a really bad team as long as Porzingis is reasonable healthy. The best method is to compete and let the chips fall as they may. We have draft picks to fall back on and must rely on drafting well and improvement from within. I expect KOQ to get traded to clear room for Willy. I think management knows how to toe the line of developing the young talent without trying to tank for a higher pick. We won't finish top 10 but might not make the playoffs. Yet we can land the next Mitchell, Booker, etc in the 11-14 range. That's what good teams do, find the talent where they draft. There is no need to buy or sell. Just let the team build chemistry together and whatever happens happens. It will also go a long way to convincing good free agents to see this as an attractive destination too.

SupremeCommander
Posts: 32174
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

12/28/2017  10:35 AM
fishmike wrote:Its like you have turned this place into your own personal twitter... except we all have to follow

Kanter
KP
Frank
THjr
McD
Willy
Dotson
Baker

These are all players who are improving. As for acquiring another franchise player I am sure you can find us the next Rodney White, Anthony Randolph or BJ Muellens and remind us daily.

I hope management is trying to deal everyone not on that list, asap, for anything that might help our future

GustavBahler said: Check please....
fishmike
Posts: 48720
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/28/2017  10:46 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:Its like you have turned this place into your own personal twitter... except we all have to follow

Kanter
KP
Frank
THjr
McD
Willy
Dotson
Baker

These are all players who are improving. As for acquiring another franchise player I am sure you can find us the next Rodney White, Anthony Randolph or BJ Muellens and remind us daily.

I hope management is trying to deal everyone not on that list, asap, for anything that might help our future

Its tough... The team needs to build an identity which they are starting to do, and dumping the vets they are leaning on would circumvent much of what the coaching staff has established. However you also dont want to accomplish that or try to at the detriment of your long term plans.

Its not easy and there is no clear right or wrong. Lets see what Perry does. No move is better than a bad one. I think the Knicks have played well enough that some of these guys have value. Lets see where Perry goes with that.

reub
Posts: 21736
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

12/28/2017  12:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

We need Trey Burke badly!

BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/28/2017  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  12:34 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

We need Trey Burke badly!

Hell I want Trae Young! but certainly give me something else! What does Jarret Jack or Sessions do for the kNicks? All they do is take up space and provide just enough stabilization that keeps us away from being bad--which would be good!

Im starting to think the best thing we couldve done was what Phil wanted--buyout carmelo.

Getting a top 5 pick and putting more into player development was a better route. Getting pick 15 stinks

Vmart
Posts: 30707
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
12/28/2017  12:35 PM
I would like to trade Kanter, he is a FA at seasons end and I absolutely don’t want to pay him. I see something missing in his game. There is no chemistry between KP and Kanter. Willie and KP have chemistry Willie is more a passing threat and a ball mover. Defensively they’re equals. Rebound Kanternis the better. That’s not a big deal as O’Quinn actually has better effect on the team when he is in the game than Kanter.

The Knicks are running a very stagnant offense and that probably is more a result of excessive post play. This team thrives mostly when players and ball is moving.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/28/2017  12:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  1:13 PM
Vmart wrote:I would like to trade Kanter, he is a FA at seasons end and I absolutely don’t want to pay him. I see something missing in his game. There is no chemistry between KP and Kanter. Willie and KP have chemistry Willie is more a passing threat and a ball mover. Defensively they’re equals. Rebound Kanternis the better. That’s not a big deal as O’Quinn actually has better effect on the team when he is in the game than Kanter.

The Knicks are running a very stagnant offense and that probably is more a result of excessive post play. This team thrives mostly when players and ball is moving.

100% Id trade Kanter Lee and Oquinn in the right deals for assets and young players.

I know its hard to watch other teams but I watch Golden State all the time as Im up. GS has a player named Jordan Bell that they got rd 2 and Im telling anyone--hes better than 75% of the C in this league already,. Hes a great passer rebounder defender and finisher. Is he helped by being on a great team--absolutely but it takes raw skills to be able to put up 7 assits 13 rebounds 5 blocks in games. Im a Kanter fan but not at his price--sell high.

Actually I may be willing to work with Oquinn on a contract that is reasonablly team friendly.(hes still young too) Lee should yield assets and Kanter is way to expensive.

fishmike
Posts: 48720
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/28/2017  1:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

We need Trey Burke badly!

Hell I want Trae Young! but certainly give me something else! What does Jarret Jack or Sessions do for the kNicks? All they do is take up space and provide just enough stabilization that keeps us away from being bad--which would be good!

Im starting to think the best thing we couldve done was what Phil wanted--buyout carmelo.

Getting a top 5 pick and putting more into player development was a better route. Getting pick 15 stinks

again... no understanding about the world of humans
Knixkik
Posts: 29484
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/28/2017  2:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

We need Trey Burke badly!

Hell I want Trae Young! but certainly give me something else! What does Jarret Jack or Sessions do for the kNicks? All they do is take up space and provide just enough stabilization that keeps us away from being bad--which would be good!

Im starting to think the best thing we couldve done was what Phil wanted--buyout carmelo.

Getting a top 5 pick and putting more into player development was a better route. Getting pick 15 stinks

Pick 15 recently landed Kawhi and Greek Freak. Pick 13 recently landed Booker and Mitchell. There's good players every year in this range if we pick the right guy.

Paris907
Posts: 21134
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
12/30/2017  9:29 AM
By Feb 3, the end of the current road saga, we will be at least 7-8 games under 500. If the team ends up with 35 wins, where do you see us in the draft? No one has a crystal ball and while Bell was a find, it’s tough to count on. Mark Jackson was a mid first rounder, but we haven’t drafted well MId to Late. I agree that Kanter and OQ are not worth signing and likewise Jack and Sessions. Yet that leaves Noah and Wily - neither ready for 35 minutes and KP hardly a 5. I think those moves are equivalent to tanking and let Frank start, let’s see what Burke can do, and let Wily and Noah play and Dotson. Then go after an athletic 5 as they will be in the draft.
Nalod
Posts: 55589
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2017  2:42 PM
Paris907 wrote:By Feb 3, the end of the current road saga, we will be at least 7-8 games under 500. If the team ends up with 35 wins, where do you see us in the draft? No one has a crystal ball and while Bell was a find, it’s tough to count on. Mark Jackson was a mid first rounder, but we haven’t drafted well MId to Late. I agree that Kanter and OQ are not worth signing and likewise Jack and Sessions. Yet that leaves Noah and Wily - neither ready for 35 minutes and KP hardly a 5. I think those moves are equivalent to tanking and let Frank start, let’s see what Burke can do, and let Wily and Noah play and Dotson. Then go after an athletic 5 as they will be in the draft.

We have not picked well in part we have traded many picks over the years.
We have picks, new people in management. History is not the future.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
nixluva
Posts: 56179
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
12/30/2017  3:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.

It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

We need Trey Burke badly!

Hell I want Trae Young! but certainly give me something else! What does Jarret Jack or Sessions do for the kNicks? All they do is take up space and provide just enough stabilization that keeps us away from being bad--which would be good!

Im starting to think the best thing we couldve done was what Phil wanted--buyout carmelo.

Getting a top 5 pick and putting more into player development was a better route. Getting pick 15 stinks

Pick 15 recently landed Kawhi and Greek Freak. Pick 13 recently landed Booker and Mitchell. There's good players every year in this range if we pick the right guy.

KYLE KUZMA 27th!!! I mean there’s plenty of examples.

Ballsy prescient management and ownership would sell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.