[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'd re-sign KOQ now
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/24/2018  3:02 AM
Ira wrote:One thing that may work in our favor is he's from the NY area and may want to stay here.

If the AAV and total years mostly equalizes out with other offers, the advantage NY might have is if he sees a path to being a full time starter

Noah - Gone in some fashion
Hernangomez - Traded
Zinger - Injured
Kanter - One more year when he opts in

If he thinks he'll make about the same money as if he opted in, then he'd just opt out, and sign with the Warriors for the 4 million or so for one year. Next year, the Warriors might not hold onto Pachulia and McGee.

KOQ is a bonehead though. He seems a clueless well intention-ed bonehead, but one nonetheless.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/24/2018  8:31 AM
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
MS wrote:It's interesting more teams aren't after him.

He could make a big difference for OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Portland. It's a shame with the logjam we have because he is a true professional and a great guy to have on a team. He does everything pretty well and it's a shame to lose him.

Phil really ****ed us with Noah and Thomas.

how do you know those teams havent called?

With the Knicks exploring what to do with their four-center glut by the Feb. 8 trading deadline, NBA sources say the club has entertained more inquiries about Willy Hernangomez than any other player on their roster. The Knicks do not want to give up the 23-year-old Hernangomez — out of the rotation behind starter Enes Kanter and Kyle O’Quinn — unless they get a prime talent in return. So far they haven’t gotten any concrete offers, but teams that have been high on European players in the past have shown the most interest. The Knicks prefer to deal O’Quinn, who likely will opt out of his contract, and they have gotten only mild interest from a few playoff-contending teams who see him as a backup piece.
2 days ago – via New York Post

Here we go again. You just said that "teams aren't after him" and "only mild interest" because they see "him as a backup". So how does he command $10MM a year. Y'all are contradicting yourselves to prove your agenda. Which is it? Is he too expensive, or does he have no value?

You are holding the Knicks Front office to the same standard as other teams, this is the same team that gave Hardaway 18 million a year with trade kickers when the most anyone else would of payed was 12-14. O'Quinn will probably get 10 a year because the Knicks are that stupid. Look I don't mind giving him 10 million if its 1 year but knowing the Knicks they will give him 50 for 5. The Knicks see no problem overpaying 3 or 4 million a year on contracts. Lee was probably the best FA signing they ever made because they actually payed the market value. A frickin miracle for Dolan and his merry men of idiots

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2018  8:55 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Panos wrote:Anyone still think the Knicks won't resign KOQ?
KP out, Noah banished.
Tonight 14 pts, 8 RB, 3 blks in 18 mins
Definitely not worth it. KOQ is fools gold . Looks good at times but sucks against big time centers and not consistent. Low IQ. Can easily be replaced. I see Kanter sprinting down the court and I see KOQ jogging down the court. Maybe as a back up on a good team he is ok but why pay decent money to a back up on a bad team? Waste of money.

Definitely not worth what? You don't know the price.

He is going to get at least a decent raise. They were talking about it on the Orlando broadcast. Again he won't be worth it.

His situation is interesting because teams are generally not spending a lot on centers. Duncan and LeRoux(?) speculated that he might just opt in because the market might not be there for him to get a better deal. I hope the Knicks keep him on a reasonable deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2018  9:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He could make a big difference for OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Portland. It's a shame with the logjam we have because he is a true professional and a great guy to have on a team. He does everything pretty well and it's a shame to lose him.

With the Knicks exploring what to do with their four-center glut by the Feb. 8 trading deadline, NBA sources say the club has entertained more inquiries about Willy Hernangomez than any other player on their roster. The Knicks do not want to give up the 23-year-old Hernangomez — out of the rotation behind starter Enes Kanter and Kyle O’Quinn — unless they get a prime talent in return. So far they haven’t gotten any concrete offers, but teams that have been high on European players in the past have shown the most interest. The Knicks prefer to deal O’Quinn, who likely will opt out of his contract, and they have gotten only mild interest from a few playoff-contending teams who see him as a backup piece.

Here we go again. You just said that "teams aren't after him" and "only mild interest" because they see "him as a backup". So how does he command $10MM a year. Y'all are contradicting yourselves to prove your agenda. Which is it? Is he too expensive, or does he have no value?

You are holding the Knicks Front office to the same standard as other teams, this is the same team that gave Hardaway 18 million a year with trade kickers when the most anyone else would of payed was 12-14. O'Quinn will probably get 10 a year because the Knicks are that stupid. Look I don't mind giving him 10 million if its 1 year but knowing the Knicks they will give him 50 for 5. The Knicks see no problem overpaying 3 or 4 million a year on contracts. Lee was probably the best FA signing they ever made because they actually payed the market value. A frickin miracle for Dolan and his merry men of idiots

If knicks did not over pay Timmy, he’d have been matched. That’s how that works. Tim is paid like n average SG does in this league. Question is will he improve at his age? Timmy had one half season as a starter and did really well. As 2nd option it was a new role for him.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/24/2018  8:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:

If knicks did not over pay Timmy, he’d have been matched. That’s how that works. Tim is paid like n average SG does in this league. Question is will he improve at his age? Timmy had one half season as a starter and did really well. As 2nd option it was a new role for him.

So what, why was Tim Hardaway jr a must have
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/23/2018  7:21 PM
Now that the season is over, where are people standing on this issue of re-signing KOQ if he opts out this summer, which is very likely?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/23/2018  7:50 PM
Panos wrote:Now that the season is over, where are people standing on this issue of re-signing KOQ if he opts out this summer, which is very likely?

Good backup center - that's about it. IF he comes for cheap, re-sign him, if he chases money let him.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/24/2018  10:31 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Panos wrote:Now that the season is over, where are people standing on this issue of re-signing KOQ if he opts out this summer, which is very likely?

Good backup center - that's about it. IF he comes for cheap, re-sign him, if he chases money let him.

I'd rather have him than Kanter, but Kanter probably opts in this year. Can't justify paying both KOQ and Kanter right now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/24/2018  10:41 AM

all signs are pointing to him opting in

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2018  12:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

this is where I'm at.

it's crazy to think that we could quite realistically have gone from a glut of 4 centers (none complete players) to 0

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/24/2018  12:02 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if KOQ isn't resigned on a 1-year deal that moves him into the $7M+ range
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/24/2018  12:27 PM
martin wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if KOQ isn't resigned on a 1-year deal that moves him into the $7M+ range

Going into next year with Kanter and Noah locked in at about $25 million combined sounds about right. I could live with that for another season. I'm hopeful we let Kanter walk after next season and move on from there. It'd be nice if we brought in another big in this draft to groom for a season or two.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2018  10:06 PM
martin wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if KOQ isn't resigned on a 1-year deal that moves him into the $7M+ range

I'm guessing O'Quinn signs with us 3 for $18 mill. That's what he's worth.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/24/2018  10:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Panos wrote:Anyone still think the Knicks won't resign KOQ?
KP out, Noah banished.
Tonight 14 pts, 8 RB, 3 blks in 18 mins
Definitely not worth it. KOQ is fools gold . Looks good at times but sucks against big time centers and not consistent. Low IQ. Can easily be replaced. I see Kanter sprinting down the court and I see KOQ jogging down the court. Maybe as a back up on a good team he is ok but why pay decent money to a back up on a bad team? Waste of money.

Definitely not worth what? You don't know the price.

He is going to get at least a decent raise. They were talking about it on the Orlando broadcast. Again he won't be worth it.

His situation is interesting because teams are generally not spending a lot on centers. Duncan and LeRoux(?) speculated that he might just opt in because the market might not be there for him to get a better deal. I hope the Knicks keep him on a reasonable deal.

Unlikely anything happens until the draft. This is normaly a quite period. But agree that he will probably not get a higher offer. Although some team may choose to offer a longer term.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Ira
Member: #91
5/26/2018  9:40 AM
I hate losing him. He's our only center that plays well on both sides of the court. He also has the best shot of any center on our roster and is a very good rebounder.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/26/2018  2:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'd rather have him than Kanter, but Kanter probably opts in this year. Can't justify paying both KOQ and Kanter right now.

I am ok with Kanter, but KOQ is cheaper. Theu are both backups.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
5/30/2018  9:34 PM
Ira wrote:I hate losing him. He's our only center that plays well on both sides of the court. He also has the best shot of any center on our roster and is a very good rebounder.

I agree- good passer too. A very good 1st or 2nd big man off the bench with a playoff team. With talent in front he will do the small things to help win games. On a depleted team, like the Knicks have been, his limitations are exposed a little more but that shouldn't distort his value.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/30/2018  10:47 PM
I'd prefer to keep both KOQ and Kanter, and see what Fizdale can do. Look, we're not going to be able to get anything of value for him. This is a development (tanking) year. KOQ is tough. So's Kanter. We need MORE guys like them, not less.
Rose is not the answer.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

5/30/2018  11:19 PM
knickstorrents wrote:I'd prefer to keep both KOQ and Kanter, and see what Fizdale can do. Look, we're not going to be able to get anything of value for him. This is a development (tanking) year. KOQ is tough. So's Kanter. We need MORE guys like them, not less.

I agree but not at a combined over 30 mill a year....KO..in the +10 mill range and Kanter 20 mill...

Plus we have 18 mill in dead money with Noah

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/31/2018  7:42 AM
Nalod has no opinion until our draft is complete.
Nalod also has no idea of the condition of Noah and after a relatively healthy year due to inactivity it can do a body good.
I'd re-sign KOQ now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy