[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Listing players that can help us via trade
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/27/2017  10:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  10:41 AM
I started a Tyreke thread but you guys are crying about getting a super skilled guy that makes the minimum.

So let's list more cheap players you guys can cry about:

Julian Randle... still on a rookie deal. Lakers want a cheap big. They were interested in Noel but if that's the case, they could take Willy and Sessions.

Rudy Gay.... He's playing well for San Antonio in a bench role. They are getting back The Claw and have Kyle Anderson. Knicks could trade them KOQ and Derm or whatever.

Comb the league and see who's out there and contribute to the thread

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/27/2017  11:26 AM
I would love to see the Knicks get involved in a multi team deal that delivers Marc Gasol to Boston, Willy to Memphis and Boston's first round pick (not the Nets pick) to us. However, given most of Boston's roster are on very good contracts I'm not sure they could pull this off without moving Horford (which they won't nor would Memphis want him).
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/27/2017  11:32 AM
EnySpree wrote:I started a Tyreke thread but you guys are crying about getting a super skilled guy that makes the minimum.

Julian Randle... still on a rookie deal. Lakers want a cheap big. They were interested in Noel but if that's the case, they could take Willy and Sessions.

Rudy Gay.... He's playing well for San Antonio in a bench role. They are getting back The Claw and have Kyle Anderson. Knicks could trade them KOQ and Derm or whatever.

Gay is not going anywhere. Would you trade Noah for Deng straight up?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2017  11:43 AM
Posted this in the Tyreke thread.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/26/16816722/trade-deadline-tyreke-evans-dario-saric-lou-williams-nerlens-noel
Not sure if the Knicks look to move Lee, Willy, KOQ or someone else at the deadline. Lee is a captain and has been playing great. When Philly gets Fultz back do they make a move? Are there opportunities to poach young up and coming guys from teams like the Wolves, Cavs etc. for a vet on our roster? Should be interesting. Also, do you move a vet like Lee and commit more to the rebuild?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/27/2017  11:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Posted this in the Tyreke thread.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/26/16816722/trade-deadline-tyreke-evans-dario-saric-lou-williams-nerlens-noel
Not sure if the Knicks look to move Lee, Willy, KOQ or someone else at the deadline. Lee is a captain and has been playing great. When Philly gets Fultz back do they make a move? Are there opportunities to poach young up and coming guys from teams like the Wolves, Cavs etc. for a vet on our roster? Should be interesting. Also, do you move a vet like Lee and commit more to the rebuild?

I would look to move Lee, KOQ, Lance, etc. to commit fully to rebuild. It makes no sense to double down on a team that can't win on the road.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2017  12:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I would look to move Lee, KOQ, Lance, etc. to commit fully to rebuild. It makes no sense to double down on a team that can't win on the road.

I don't think there is a market for Lance. He is an over pay for a good locker room practice guy. Lee and Lance are captains so moving one of them could be disruptive. I think the decision on Lee is a tough one. He probably brings back something decent and getting out of the back end of his contract might be smart.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/27/2017  2:42 PM
There is very little of interest. If we can unload some contracts great but Deng is shot. I realize many Knick fans believe we are a player from contention but we are not! Tyreke is playing well beyond $3 mm contract but he will get paid and he’s redundant.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/27/2017  2:45 PM
Is Tyreke available? He actively being shopped?
Or we just wanting the hot guy on a great contract cuz we mecca loving knick fans and deserve all kinds of gifts?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/27/2017  3:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
I don't think there is a market for Lance. He is an over pay for a good locker room practice guy. Lee and Lance are captains so moving one of them could be disruptive. I think the decision on Lee is a tough one. He probably brings back something decent and getting out of the back end of his contract might be smart.

I can't believe the Knicks are stuck paying lance for another 2 years after this one. What do the Knicks have against team options?!

CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2017  3:33 PM
Panos wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I can't believe the Knicks are stuck paying lance for another 2 years after this one. What do the Knicks have against team options?!

Lance is a good exit meeting guy.
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2017  3:35 PM
Nalod wrote:Is Tyreke available? He actively being shopped?
Or we just wanting the hot guy on a great contract cuz we mecca loving knick fans and deserve all kinds of gifts?
I guess Memphis is thinking about blowing things up. Hoopshype mentioned that they might look into trades for Tyreke, Gasol and Conley. I think they will have to keep Conley no matter what. Great player but horrible contract.
SupremeCommander

12/27/2017  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  3:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Panos wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Lance is a good exit meeting guy.

lol

I don't think the Knicks would be able to get a lot for Lance, but I do think we could probably get an expiring and a 2nd rounder. It was a foolish signing for us, but the bottom line is 3 and D guys usually are the nice cherry-on-top guys for a legit contender. I'm not saying Lance is James Posey but I think he'd be a poor man's version of that type of acquisition.

But, again, my point is that anyone who could possibly be viewed as a worthwhile rotation player should be shopped for young pieces and/or picks

EnySpree

12/27/2017  3:53 PM
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I started a Tyreke thread but you guys are crying about getting a super skilled guy that makes the minimum.

Probably but would the Lakers do that? Thet want someone to take Dengs contract as it is. They could work Noah in to be their starting center next year... if they are thinking like that then it works. Deng hasnt played so we don't know his condition. He would be fantastic in Lance Thomas current role. Expensive but at least he'd be functional

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

12/27/2017  3:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

They can't win on the road cuz they still need talent especially on the perimeter. That's the whole point. Blowing the team up again cuz they cant win on the road is so narrow minded and cheap like a Sosua prostitute

EnySpree

12/27/2017  3:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  4:00 PM
Paris907 wrote:There is very little of interest. If we can unload some contracts great but Deng is shot. I realize many Knick fans believe we are a player from contention but we are not! Tyreke is playing well beyond $3 mm contract but he will get paid and he’s redundant.

Not as redundant as guys crying about cheap players, yet have nothing else to give to the conversation.

You see any players out there we could get to help the cause?

SupremeCommander

12/27/2017  4:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

They can't win on the road cuz they still need talent especially on the perimeter. That's the whole point. Blowing the team up again cuz they cant win on the road is so narrow minded and cheap like a Sosua prostitute

you're salty as hell today

you're right, let's be buyers. what type of assets do you have to trade when you're a buyer? what could possibly go wrong? let's go out and get Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, and Zach Randolph

or maybe we could sell after the Knicks crash back to reality after the next 20 games... yeah let's do that... let's sell when value of everything is a low as it could possibly be

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/27/2017  4:21 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

you're right, let's be buyers. what type of assets do you have to trade when you're a buyer? what could possibly go wrong? let's go out and get Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, and Zach Randolph

or maybe we could sell after the Knicks crash back to reality after the next 20 games... yeah let's do that... let's sell when value of everything is a low as it could possibly be

Perry will make trades. His best body of work is under Dumars where the core of that team was acquired trades mostly.

I think the only requirement for Perry is any player that an asset is used for in a trade is going to be good on defense.

It would be a step back but I think the package that gets the best asset back is combining McBuckets and KOQ. I think KOQ/McD/Lee are the guys who will bring value back. Im not sure what will pop. Knicks will need to pounce. I think playoff team that wants to boost their bench would see some combo of McB/KOQ/Lee worth making a move for.

Pounce if opportunity shows itself, but otherwise wait. We still have Doston and Willy in the wings. Next year well add a couple more guys from the draft and hopefully land a gem. At this point its just about getting these young guys to organically replace guys like Lee, Jack, KOQ, Beas. The ideal being with BETTER players with more upside who continue to grow into a group that compliments.

Sounds painfully simple but thats how the good teams do it.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/27/2017  4:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Perry will make trades. His best body of work is under Dumars where the core of that team was acquired trades mostly.

I think the only requirement for Perry is any player that an asset is used for in a trade is going to be good on defense.

It would be a step back but I think the package that gets the best asset back is combining McBuckets and KOQ. I think KOQ/McD/Lee are the guys who will bring value back. Im not sure what will pop. Knicks will need to pounce. I think playoff team that wants to boost their bench would see some combo of McB/KOQ/Lee worth making a move for.

Pounce if opportunity shows itself, but otherwise wait. We still have Doston and Willy in the wings. Next year well add a couple more guys from the draft and hopefully land a gem. At this point its just about getting these young guys to organically replace guys like Lee, Jack, KOQ, Beas. The ideal being with BETTER players with more upside who continue to grow into a group that compliments.

Sounds painfully simple but thats how the good teams do it.

We will have to wait to the deadline when contenders get desperate. There's no doubt that teams can use Lee,McD and KOQ as they make their playoff push. I'm not in a hurry now. Things will shake out over the next few months.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree

12/27/2017  6:51 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Problem is you take things personally and then want to go back and forth.

Nobody is talking about repeating the Crawford, eddy curry and Zach Randolph trades.

Who's selling low? Right now everyone is at an all time high.

I'm talking about getting cheap trades using players we don't use.... how is that salty? Only thing salty are the tears of posters crying about getting guys on minimum and rookie scale contracts using the bottom of our bench

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

12/27/2017  7:29 PM
Welpee wrote:

I could see that Willy in Memphis deal...

Listing players that can help us via trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy