Member: #5555

12/27/2017  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  7:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Kanter wants to be here. He associates the team with family. He adopted the city. He's very friendly with the fans. I think he will override his agent to stay here. We have a good thing going with Kanter and KP.... we can't keep flipping guys chasing draft picks and cheap value players.

The real question needs to go to what we do with Noah, Willy and KOQ. 2 of those guys have to go.

Hardaway needs to get healthy. Courtney Lee has been great for us. We need better support from our bench. At times the guys we have can be brilliant. Other times they are a waste of space. Scott Perry has a really tough job to sort this all out

I think Perry was being honest when he acknowledged that this was going to be a rebuilding year. A couple of things fell into place and we're better than expected, but we're still rebuilding. I can't be too upset because the roster is what it is. I agree, that we need to figure out what to do with our spare bigs. But let's be honest, no of those guys are going to bring back the wing help we need unless we package our first. Is it worth it at this point? I don't think so.

If Willy did not regress...which I strongly believe is temporary...he would bring us something decent...dunno about now

He appears to be behind Noah on the depth chart at this point.

And he should be. People are underestimating what a healthy Noah can still do for this team and for what he does on the court he'd fit in nicely playing next to KP with other scoring on the floor with them with Timmy and C.Lee or Dougie at SF.

Him being healthy has been a big "if" for nearly a half dozen seasons now. What leads you to believe he'll ever stay healthy long enough for anyone to care?

Again......all i said was that a healthy Noah could help this team, which is true, but never made any predictions on how long he would stay healthy of if he could. Either way, you nor me know if he can or not. Is saying people said something they never said what you do to try to prove a point??

I could win the lottery. Most definitely not going to happen though. So why bring it up as a possibility if the possibility isn't a realistic one? Not sure how I'm putting words in your mouth but I don't think this is a point worth arguing.

AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
12/27/2017  10:29 PM
Free Agenxy should be used after the draftmin my opinion. Too many variables in play w Kaner/McDermott/ OQuinn/ Thomas and Lee tradable or unrestricted.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2017  12:16 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:1 - Many teams care a lot about efficiency now and rate stats more than per game volume #s. They know he's producing an efficient 20+ points and about 14 rbs over starter's minutes and has done close to that before as a starter.

Kanter is not an efficient player.

He is a good rebounder in general. One of the reasons his rebounding numbers are so robust is because HE HAS ZERO RIM PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES. The numbers have to take some kind of context. Russell Westbrook gets triple doubles. His bigs don't actually use fundamental basketball so WB can get some cheap rebounds. Also lots of Thunder player are under orders to shoot, even if it's not a great shot, so WB can pad his assist totals.

His scoring is up because he's the 2nd offensive option on a team without many offensive options. Also he's a blackhole when he gets the ball. He gets the ball, it's never coming back out again.

I'm still waiting to hear about these mythical NBA teams with cap space who are going to give Kanter a four year deal in the 18-25 million AAV range.

I thought I read an article about how Kanter always ranks high in per and analysts wonder why. I tried to find it but couldn't. Hollinger ranked him 12th in per last year.
http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/28/2017  10:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:1 - Many teams care a lot about efficiency now and rate stats more than per game volume #s. They know he's producing an efficient 20+ points and about 14 rbs over starter's minutes and has done close to that before as a starter.

Kanter is not an efficient player.

He is a good rebounder in general. One of the reasons his rebounding numbers are so robust is because HE HAS ZERO RIM PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES. The numbers have to take some kind of context. Russell Westbrook gets triple doubles. His bigs don't actually use fundamental basketball so WB can get some cheap rebounds. Also lots of Thunder player are under orders to shoot, even if it's not a great shot, so WB can pad his assist totals.

His scoring is up because he's the 2nd offensive option on a team without many offensive options. Also he's a blackhole when he gets the ball. He gets the ball, it's never coming back out again.

I'm still waiting to hear about these mythical NBA teams with cap space who are going to give Kanter a four year deal in the 18-25 million AAV range.

I thought I read an article about how Kanter always ranks high in per and analysts wonder why. I tried to find it but couldn't. Hollinger ranked him 12th in per last year.
http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

I never fully understood PER but I do know that it heavily favors rebounding.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2017  11:51 AM
Wait, Marvin Williams is only 31 years old?
Kanter Free Agency

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy