Timmmmaaaaaay!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/1/2004  8:32 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_thomas/index.html?nav=page
Ok Tim Thomas....

Dude averaged 31 mins last season.....Artest played 37 mins per.....this is just an example....

Point? Timmy is an underachiever......we all know that but his stats are right up there with Artest if they would average the same 37 mins per....

In 31 mins, Timmy as a Knick is doing 15.7 points, 4.8 rebs, 1.4 assist, 1 stls with 45%fg, 40%3pt, 81%ft....

In 37mins, Artest the all-star did 18.3pts, 5.3 rebs, 3.7assits, 2stls, 42%fg, 31%3pt, 73%ft....

Timmy can get 18 mins if he averaged 37 mins.....he probably would have more rebs and about the same assists.....Timmy always has similiar percentages, all solid...

I'm excited about what this team can do......whenever the darn season starts!!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/01/2004 20:34:41]

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/01/2004 20:38:40]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/1/2004  8:42 PM
TT can go hot and cold in the blink of an eye,like Starks he is "feast or famine" but without the heart John has.I will show Thomas respect when he proves that he deserves it.I havent seen him do anything in a Knick uniform that shows that he deserves it ...yet.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/1/2004  8:51 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

TT can go hot and cold in the blink of an eye,like Starks he is "feast or famine" but without the heart John has.I will show Thomas respect when he proves that he deserves it.I havent seen him do anything in a Knick uniform that shows that he deserves it ...yet.

What drop 50pts?

It took Houston doing that in order for people to respect him(not me).......

He has alot of motivation this season....It's also the first season where he is like the first option on offense cuz the guards are always trying to get everyone else involved......guess what he is everybody else outside of Houston, Craw and Marbs......

I expect big things this season from the Knicks.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
9/1/2004  9:14 PM
That doesn't measure defense though, and Artest is without a doubt one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, up there with Doug Christie, Bruce Bowen, Tayshaun Prince, and Kobe.

Tim Thomas isn't even near that league in terms of defense, but his strength is his offense, which I have a feeling could erupt this year.
#Knickstaps
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/1/2004  9:15 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

What drop 50pts?

It took Houston doing that in order for people to respect him(not me).......

He has alot of motivation this season....It's also the first season where he is like the first option on offense cuz the guards are always trying to get everyone else involved......guess what he is everybody else outside of Houston, Craw and Marbs......

I expect big things this season from the Knicks.....

Well not acting like a punk would be a good start.If a Knick is going to talk tough,Id like to see him back it up.Timmay talked the talk but he didnt walk the walk.He embarassed this team more than anyone Ive seen in the last 30 years.It would be great if he comes back and shows everyone including myself he has alot more heart than talk,but so far I havent seen it yet which was my point.Even after it was clear that he wasnt coming back during the playoffs he still was trying to act like a tough guy.Thats why I say he hasnt deserved respect yet.I hope he comes back and makes everyone wonder how we could ever doubt him.He was a cancer in Milwaukee and so far he has been a cancer in NY.When he shows that he has something to contribute other than talk and a handfull of good games thats when I will give him his props.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/1/2004  9:18 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

That doesn't measure defense though, and Artest is without a doubt one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, up there with Doug Christie, Bruce Bowen, Tayshaun Prince, and Kobe.

Tim Thomas isn't even near that league in terms of defense, but his strength is his offense, which I have a feeling could erupt this year.

exactly...stats don't tell the whole story of how valuable a guy is to his team...Ron Artest's value goes way beyond the amount of points he scores or rebounds he pulls down...i would take 1 Ron Artest over 3 Tim Thomas' on my team anyday.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/1/2004  10:14 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BigSm00th:

exactly...stats don't tell the whole story of how valuable a guy is to his team...Ron Artest's value goes way beyond the amount of points he scores or rebounds he pulls down...i would take 1 Ron Artest over 3 Tim Thomas' on my team anyday.
Exactly. I like Tim, but I wouldn't look at these stats per minute and be fooled into thinking he impacts the game nearly as much as Artest

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 09/01/2004 22:30:09]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/1/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Not only is Ron Artest an excellent defender, he is only of the few players in the game that can shut down his guy on defense and drop 30 points on him on offense in the same game. There are not that many guys that can play excellent defense and excellent offense in the same game.

Tim Thomas shows incredible talent and we all know he is definately an above average SF. I would not be careful before I start comparing his stats to Ron Artest. Like someone else said, I would take 1 Artest over 3 TT's as well.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 09/01/2004 22:17:06]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
rojasmas
Member: #639
9/1/2004  10:22 PM
To the poster who claimed Thomas was a cancer on Milwaukee, come again.
How was this? Are we talking last year or when the big 3 was there? I followed his career closely and he didn't have any problems with his teammates. It was only last year when Ray Allen said he was an underachiever that TT went off, and said the big 3 were the real underachievers especially in the playoffs, which they were aside from Allen. With Redd and those guys, he got along fine with everyone and no one dissed him when he left. So this cancer talk is a bit of a stretch unless you know something I don't. Enlighten me.
Lastly, I think Artest is overrated as a defender. Rip Hamilton lit his a-- up bigtime in the playoffs, or did you forget already.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Silverfuel
USA
9/1/2004  10:26 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Lastly, I think Artest is overrated as a defender. Rip Hamilton lit his a-- up bigtime in the playoffs, or did you forget already.
I am pretty sure it was Reggie Miller that was guarding Rip Hamilton most of the time.
Bonn1997
USA
9/1/2004  10:34 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by rojasmas:

I am pretty sure it was Reggie Miller that was guarding Rip Hamilton most of the time.
Exactly. Artest shut down Prince while Rip lit up Miller. Artest is a 250 pound forward. He's not built to guard a fast guy like Rip who runs around crazily on offense. Artest is an outstanding on the ball defender, but nothing special defending away from the ball.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 09/01/2004 22:37:11]
rojasmas
9/1/2004  10:37 PM
Nor that I remember. Remember the flagrant foul and Hamilton getting super pissed and taking it to him in the end.
rojasmas
9/1/2004  10:39 PM
Why would they put Artest on Prince who isn't even much of an offensive threat? I believe the better part if not all of the games Artest covered Rip.
Bonn1997
USA
9/1/2004  10:42 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Why would they put Artest on Prince who isn't even much of an offensive threat? I believe the better part if not all of the games Artest covered Rip.
I thought I addressed that thirty seconds ago:

Posted by Bonn1997:
Artest is a 250 pound forward. He's not built to guard a fast guy like Rip who runs around crazily on offense. Artest is an outstanding on the ball defender, but nothing special defending away from the ball.
rojasmas
9/1/2004  10:46 PM
I wish I had a tape of the games... Someone else must. Posters, we need a clip of Artest covering someone in those games.
Bonn1997
USA
9/1/2004  10:52 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

I wish I had a tape of the games... Someone else must. Posters, we need a clip of Artest covering someone in those games.
He spent a few minutes on Rip and about 90% of the time guarding Prince or whoever was playing SF when Prince was out
Silverfuel
USA
Posted by rojasmas:

Guy, I wish I had a tape to show you how much Miller guarded Hamilton. It doesn't make sense to make Artest guard Rip Hamilton.

They play different positions and Artest doesnt run around trying to catch up with people that shoot the ball from behind screens all game long!!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
Yea I agree with Bonn and Silver on this one. I saw every game of that series and Reggie was the one guarding Rip for most of the plays.

[Edited by - s3231 on 09/01/2004 22:53:46]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
9/1/2004  10:53 PM
I think a lot of people forgot about Tim Thomas, he is another talented player on our roster and if he has a big year, big things will happen for the knicks.. I will like to see how he plays with craw and steph on the floor at the same time, TT has the skills to be a upper tier player, it is his desire that many question.. I hope he puts it all together this year..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rojasmas
9/1/2004  10:56 PM
You are probably right that Miller guarded Hamilton when he was in the game. But Miller didn't play 40 minutes a game. Artest guarded Rip when Miller wasn't in the game I am almost certain.
Timmmmaaaaaay!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy