[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marc Jackson
Author Thread
scylla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #97
1/6/2002  6:31 PM
For all the heavy-breathing that's all been going on the past few months regarding Jackson, has anyone actually seen him play? I don't care how bad his attitude is, there has to be a practical reason he's been riding Golden State's bench all season. All this hype comes from one injury-abbreviated rookie season (again, he wasn't a 25/26 year old undrafted rookie for no reason), putting up decent numbers on a lottery team. You may all recall that Travis Knight parlayed a similar rookie season with LA into the multi-miliion dollar contract with Boston that, among other ass-headed decisions, hastened Rick Pitino's departure. This philosophy also made Chris Childs a disproportionately wealthy man, when a decent season in Jersey made him our Point Guard of the Future.

On top of all this, the scouting report on Jackson is that he's not big on tough interior defense or rebounding, and lacks a real post game. In fact, the scouting report says that he's a power forward, and as GS's power forwards go, I'll take Fortson. Please, please, please, let's not add another overrated, overpaid player based on the scant logic that a bunch of other teams are poised to make the same mistake. The Knicks have to stop shuffling deck chairs and start gathering draft picks.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/6/2002  6:44 PM
Exactly what I thought. Good point.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/6/2002  7:01 PM
Good point indeed. If GS would take one of our PG's of our hands then well OK I"m all for it but let's not get crazy over this guy.

He might be for real but GS is milking this cow like crazy. He is however not playing with GS currently because of the harsh words that went back and forth between him and management and was a possible rookie of the year before he injured himself. He isn't a wash but he ain't all that.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/6/2002  8:15 PM
I agree i wouldn't give up that much for him, but i would want to pick him up if we could do it easily enough. As of right now he could start for us and move Camby to the 4 and that alone is a good move for us. I'm not crazy about him, but i would like to pick him up if we can't get anything better.
Marc Jackson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy