[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NO blame on KP last night
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2017  10:20 AM
His wheel was obviously hobbled. He had no leg to move off--he cant play that way as he is perimeter based player.

Let him heal as much as possible--no reason to get him out there right now

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/22/2017  10:35 AM
I just gave him some in the game thread.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2017  10:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:His wheel was obviously hobbled. He had no leg to move off--he cant play that way as he is perimeter based player.

Let him heal as much as possible--no reason to get him out there right now

Great thread.
I read that his knee was not bothersome. He said he just had an awful night. He looked like a player who has not played in over a week.
He looked frustrated and out of sorts. Yet he was passing the ball quickly off double teams. I didn't see any hobbling but then I tend to not believe
most quotes from players but what did we actually see? He did stay on the bench and I don't think he had ice bags wrapped on him. Usually if a player is having a problem he either stays in the training room and gets worked on immediately. From what I read he had a competitive hissy fit in the hallway, likey competitive frustration and then went back to the bench. Team was playing well without him. I don' think it was a message or a benching.
Does a coach tell a player to be more on the perimeter until intructed or is that something he defies his coach?
when he does that do you get the notion that if left without your suggestion he'd spend the rest of his career out there?

Vmart
USA
12/22/2017  10:41 AM
I saw a player trying not to duplicate his last effort vs the Celtic. He was clearly disturbed by his past effort or how the Celtics took him out of his game. Instead of letting the game come to him he went after the game trying to trying to score 40 points with one shot.

Don’t think the Celtics didn’t get wind of his won’t fool me.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2017  10:48 AM
He was a good decoy....

One thing we know about KP.... he doesn't play well hurt. Since he's been a knick he always starts well then tapers off. He's got to figure that out.... that's why we can't put all the chips on this dude. He needs help or he's going to break and then we're ****ed.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/22/2017  10:53 AM
EnySpree wrote:He was a good decoy....

One thing we know about KP.... he doesn't play well hurt. Since he's been a knick he always starts well then tapers off. He's got to figure that out.... that's why we can't put all the chips on this dude. He needs help or he's going to break and then we're ****ed.

Well getting Hardaway back will make a big difference. He's the offensive boost we need. And obviously Beasley is a great insurance policy when KP is off/out. I think we are building the right way with these things in mind. We can use more building blocks of course, but Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

Vmart
USA
12/22/2017  10:54 AM
EnySpree wrote:He was a good decoy....

True can’t put the chips all on his shoulders. We can take this as positive also the Knicks just beat the Celtics without Hardaway and an ineffective KP. Says a lot about the team. Also we can take this that the Knicks need KP and Hardaway and the entire team on the road.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/22/2017  11:25 AM
Was absolutely more mental then physical.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2017  11:39 AM
KP has his own maturation process. He's just dipping his toes into the franchise player waters and it looks great so far. He's got so much to work on and thats great, because he's great. You can see at 22 he's got so many areas to expand on and I think most agree he will, he just needs to stay healthy. Learning how to do that is part of the maturation process also.

So far I like how the Knicks are handling him. Jeff is not afraid to sit him if he's not effective. KP is our best player, but this is very much about the team now and KP is on page with that also. He clearly wants to play. We should be babying him. Who cares if he only plays 65 games next couple years. Lets get him strong so when he's 25 he's a beast. Not a big guy who already got some tread on the tires.

Baby this guy. Kepp him healthy. There is no need to accelerate this development. Frank is 19. We can build a defense around these two for a decade. That decade doesnt need to start for another 2-3 years though.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2017  12:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Was absolutely more mental then physical.

Think about protecting your knee-- it would effect everything

RIP Crushalot😞
skoonix
Member: #5909

12/22/2017  2:19 PM
I agree that he he should rest until he feels 100% but man was it a joy to watch Beasley and the others take it to Boston! A great win on National TV as well. GO KNICKS! Would love to beat Detroit tonight and go up 18-14.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2017  2:23 PM
Knicks played it right. KP gave it a go, was not effective and we went with the next guy who was ready. This was great for everone. Maybe KP shakes the rust off. KP/KAntor/Lance/JAck were all under 24 minutes. Lee was at 28. Will be interesting to see what kind of energy the starters bring tonight.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/22/2017  3:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Was absolutely more mental then physical.

Think about protecting your knee-- it would effect everything

He did look mechanical and he was shooting outright clunkers. No worries KP; even the weed huffers around here can't seriously believe Iso-Beasley is going to shoot 60% from the floor the rest of the way...

Ahhhh heroball... gotta love it.

90sKnicks
Member: #6452

12/22/2017  10:33 PM
Can we blame him tonight? 12-for-28 is brutal. So many forced shots, turns the ball over just about every time he dribbles it, piss-poor defensive effort in the he cannot defend on the perimeter, rotates poorly on the interior and is often slow anticipating the play. I like KP...I really do and he is a gifted offensive player but this narrative that he is a franchise player to build a team around is foolish. Every season he looks great the first 10 games and then begins to regress. I assume by now it's probably a stamina or injury thing but he's always injured. I'll cut him a little slack because his starting point guards have never done anything to make his life easier. Jack gives him the ball too late, bad passes, etc. I'd like to see what he could do with a better point guard. I hope Frank N can be that some day.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

12/23/2017  4:10 AM
I agree KP just not looking good out there. He too often just hangs around on the perimeter, zero off ball movement. When he gets the ball he hesitates and doesn't have anything going beyond a mid-range game right now. On defense it's worse, doesn't help and doesn't seem to try at times. He's playing lackadaisical ball. Is it in his head or a physical ailment?
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/23/2017  6:50 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:I agree KP just not looking good out there. He too often just hangs around on the perimeter, zero off ball movement. When he gets the ball he hesitates and doesn't have anything going beyond a mid-range game right now. On defense it's worse, doesn't help and doesn't seem to try at times. He's playing lackadaisical ball. Is it in his head or a physical ailment?

physical his body cant take the length of the season and his Eurobasket didnt help. its why he cant be the focal point of a team

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/23/2017  8:10 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:I agree KP just not looking good out there. He too often just hangs around on the perimeter, zero off ball movement. When he gets the ball he hesitates and doesn't have anything going beyond a mid-range game right now. On defense it's worse, doesn't help and doesn't seem to try at times. He's playing lackadaisical ball. Is it in his head or a physical ailment?

physical his body cant take the length of the season and his Eurobasket didnt help. its why he cant be the focal point of a team

I don't have time to look into it right now but I think he played great for like 10 or 15 games each year and then went way downhill.
NO blame on KP last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy