[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Beasley. A little Bernard king tonight
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/21/2017  10:28 PM
Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Posts: 20503
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

12/21/2017  10:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

CrushAlot
Posts: 56616
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/21/2017  10:43 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

i agree and also think you have to plan on KP missing 10+ games a year. The Knicks need a guy like Beasley to fill in.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
ekstarks94
Posts: 20503
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

12/21/2017  10:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

i agree and also think you have to plan on KP missing 10+ games a year. The Knicks need a guy like Beasley to fill in.

100% absolutely

MaTT4281
Posts: 30851
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
12/21/2017  10:46 PM
Where are the video splicers out there? Get to work...

MVP, MVP

"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
Knixkik
Posts: 29484
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/21/2017  10:48 PM
Ideally I'll bring him back on 1 or 2 years deals at big increases. He seems to turn it on when porzingis is off or injured and that's exactly what we need from him.
izybx
Posts: 22364
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
12/21/2017  11:55 PM
Def have to bring him back and shouldn't cost to much. He's still only averaging 10 a game
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/22/2017  5:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  5:13 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Where are the video splicers out there? Get to work...

MVP, MVP

Did you hear the garden chanting mvp for Beasley last night? They did it a few times.

I'm happy for Beas... but damn man he played bad in the first half. That second half he literally became Bernard King. What a crazy dude

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/22/2017  6:02 AM
Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

You know why I'm here....
Welpee
Posts: 21899
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

12/22/2017  8:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  8:14 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/22/2017  8:19 AM
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

Yeah it's not even 2018... we can't be taking about next year. We gotta talk about right now. The Knicks are trying to find themselves. They are playing so well and guys are buying in. Even Beasley. Much props to him, but yo....

You know why I'm here....
Knixkik
Posts: 29484
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/22/2017  8:41 AM
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

I don't think anyone can realistically expect this trend to continue. And i don't think that's a bad thing. What we can expect is for Porzingis to miss 10-15 games per year and have another handful of dud games, like anyone would. So you have 15 or so games per year where you need firepower from somewhere. Beasley obviously can provide that. He won't score 30 every time, but if we can take over a few games a year like he did this one and OKC, then he has earned his keep. 2 or 3 games a year can mean a lot.

Bonn1997
Posts: 58594
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2017  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  9:27 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times


It's more than some. He's been shooting very well but he averages a turnover every 8 min, which brings his efficiency down to well below about average.
meloshouldgo
Posts: 24954
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/22/2017  9:35 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

I don't think anyone can realistically expect this trend to continue. And i don't think that's a bad thing. What we can expect is for Porzingis to miss 10-15 games per year and have another handful of dud games, like anyone would. So you have 15 or so games per year where you need firepower from somewhere. Beasley obviously can provide that. He won't score 30 every time, but if we can take over a few games a year like he did this one and OKC, then he has earned his keep. 2 or 3 games a year can mean a lot.

He may be finding a niche as a spot starter. He obviously lacks focus but when in a situation that positively reinforces what he does, he may change yet. He will never be reliable or consistent but spot starters don't need to be. He doesn't have to sustain this play all season, just while KP is out.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/22/2017  12:18 PM
izybx wrote:Def have to bring him back and shouldn't cost to much. He's still only averaging 10 a game

Beasley was playing similar to this last year and he got hurt. If he didnt get hurt--he was headed for 3 years 21mm

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27450
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

12/22/2017  1:10 PM
Great second unit player...you ride him if he's hot, bench him if he's not.

Some turnover issues, yesterday but he made up for it later.

He is inconsistent on D, but has blocked a few shots and he's a decent rebounder.


I compare him more to Melo, than King...and was going to do a thread on that today, but this one is good enough.

Looks like we gave up our motion offense at times to feed Beasley when he was hot, something I don't necessarily like. Beasley is similar to Melo in that he is not a guy who moves around a lot without the ball.

I was not necessarily in favor of picking him up, but it cost us so little, and I figured he'd be a substitute for the isolation player we were losing in Melo.

I would hope he comes back next year at a reasonable price. I think he's good for the mix, and has that wild card ability to get you points at will when his game is on. I do think he brings the offense to a halt at times, and I wish he'd move more without the ball and be more consistent on D, but having at least one guy like him on the team is not a bad thing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/22/2017  2:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Great second unit player...you ride him if he's hot, bench him if he's not.

Some turnover issues, yesterday but he made up for it later.

He is inconsistent on D, but has blocked a few shots and he's a decent rebounder.


I compare him more to Melo, than King...and was going to do a thread on that today, but this one is good enough.

Looks like we gave up our motion offense at times to feed Beasley when he was hot, something I don't necessarily like. Beasley is similar to Melo in that he is not a guy who moves around a lot without the ball.

I was not necessarily in favor of picking him up, but it cost us so little, and I figured he'd be a substitute for the isolation player we were losing in Melo.

I would hope he comes back next year at a reasonable price. I think he's good for the mix, and has that wild card ability to get you points at will when his game is on. I do think he brings the offense to a halt at times, and I wish he'd move more without the ball and be more consistent on D, but having at least one guy like him on the team is not a bad thing.

What we should've been doing w Beasley is keeping kp minutes down at 25-26 all year. Let's give kp time to come back the right way and when he does let's keep Beasley at 25 and maybe move kp fir a few at the 5

jrodmc
Posts: 30776
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
12/22/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  3:43 PM
EnySpree wrote:Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

So scoring in mid-range iso is now suddenly fashionable?
Where the hell is Bonn and his iso-metrical value studies on 2 point shots when you need him?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
Bonn1997
Posts: 58594
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2017  4:26 PM
jrodmc wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

So scoring in mid-range iso is now suddenly fashionable?
Where the hell is Bonn and his iso-metrical value studies on 2 point shots when you need him?


Any shot is good if you're efficient at it. But I did criticize him for his turnovers earlier.
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/22/2017  4:53 PM
jrodmc wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

So scoring in mid-range iso is now suddenly fashionable?
Where the hell is Bonn and his iso-metrical value studies on 2 point shots when you need him?

Basketball you have to put the ball on the hole. Beas makes his move and he's out. He's not holding and forcing the ball like some guys. Beas passes the ball and takes what he gets. He's also not the focal point to what we do.... another point. Outta all good to iso as long as outta a player everyone likes

You know why I'm here....
Beasley. A little Bernard king tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.