RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

12/21/2017  10:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Master of the mid range

Guys worth a lot more than 1 mm a year

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/21/2017  10:43 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:

The question is how much to bring him back next year....I think he has found a home here...he makes some boneheaded plays but he can be a virtuoso at times

i agree and also think you have to plan on KP missing 10+ games a year. The Knicks need a guy like Beasley to fill in.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

12/21/2017  10:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

i agree and also think you have to plan on KP missing 10+ games a year. The Knicks need a guy like Beasley to fill in.

100% absolutely

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/21/2017  10:46 PM
Where are the video splicers out there? Get to work...

MVP, MVP

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/21/2017  10:48 PM
Ideally I'll bring him back on 1 or 2 years deals at big increases. He seems to turn it on when porzingis is off or injured and that's exactly what we need from him.
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
12/21/2017  11:55 PM
Def have to bring him back and shouldn't cost to much. He's still only averaging 10 a game
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2017  5:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  5:13 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Where are the video splicers out there? Get to work...

MVP, MVP

Did you hear the garden chanting mvp for Beasley last night? They did it a few times.

I'm happy for Beas... but damn man he played bad in the first half. That second half he literally became Bernard King. What a crazy dude

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

12/22/2017  6:02 AM
Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/22/2017  8:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  8:14 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

EnySpree

12/22/2017  8:19 AM
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

Lets wait and allow this thing to play out over the course of the season and not overreact (as people here usually do). Remember, he was on the scrape heap for a reason. Enjoy Beasley ballin' now but be prepared for Beasley returning to the guy nobody in the league wanted.

Lin looked good for a couple of weeks too. Having said that, Beasley bailed us out of two games. Props to him!

Yeah it's not even 2018... we can't be taking about next year. We gotta talk about right now. The Knicks are trying to find themselves. They are playing so well and guys are buying in. Even Beasley. Much props to him, but yo....

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/22/2017  8:41 AM
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

I don't think anyone can realistically expect this trend to continue. And i don't think that's a bad thing. What we can expect is for Porzingis to miss 10-15 games per year and have another handful of dud games, like anyone would. So you have 15 or so games per year where you need firepower from somewhere. Beasley obviously can provide that. He won't score 30 every time, but if we can take over a few games a year like he did this one and OKC, then he has earned his keep. 2 or 3 games a year can mean a lot.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2017  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  9:27 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:

It's more than some. He's been shooting very well but he averages a turnover every 8 min, which brings his efficiency down to well below about average.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/22/2017  9:35 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

I don't think anyone can realistically expect this trend to continue. And i don't think that's a bad thing. What we can expect is for Porzingis to miss 10-15 games per year and have another handful of dud games, like anyone would. So you have 15 or so games per year where you need firepower from somewhere. Beasley obviously can provide that. He won't score 30 every time, but if we can take over a few games a year like he did this one and OKC, then he has earned his keep. 2 or 3 games a year can mean a lot.

He may be finding a niche as a spot starter. He obviously lacks focus but when in a situation that positively reinforces what he does, he may change yet. He will never be reliable or consistent but spot starters don't need to be. He doesn't have to sustain this play all season, just while KP is out.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2017  12:18 PM
izybx wrote:Def have to bring him back and shouldn't cost to much. He's still only averaging 10 a game

Beasley was playing similar to this last year and he got hurt. If he didnt get hurt--he was headed for 3 years 21mm

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/22/2017  1:10 PM
Great second unit player...you ride him if he's hot, bench him if he's not.

Some turnover issues, yesterday but he made up for it later.

He is inconsistent on D, but has blocked a few shots and he's a decent rebounder.

I compare him more to Melo, than King...and was going to do a thread on that today, but this one is good enough.

Looks like we gave up our motion offense at times to feed Beasley when he was hot, something I don't necessarily like. Beasley is similar to Melo in that he is not a guy who moves around a lot without the ball.

I was not necessarily in favor of picking him up, but it cost us so little, and I figured he'd be a substitute for the isolation player we were losing in Melo.

I would hope he comes back next year at a reasonable price. I think he's good for the mix, and has that wild card ability to get you points at will when his game is on. I do think he brings the offense to a halt at times, and I wish he'd move more without the ball and be more consistent on D, but having at least one guy like him on the team is not a bad thing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2017  2:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Great second unit player...you ride him if he's hot, bench him if he's not.

Some turnover issues, yesterday but he made up for it later.

He is inconsistent on D, but has blocked a few shots and he's a decent rebounder.

I compare him more to Melo, than King...and was going to do a thread on that today, but this one is good enough.

Looks like we gave up our motion offense at times to feed Beasley when he was hot, something I don't necessarily like. Beasley is similar to Melo in that he is not a guy who moves around a lot without the ball.

I was not necessarily in favor of picking him up, but it cost us so little, and I figured he'd be a substitute for the isolation player we were losing in Melo.

I would hope he comes back next year at a reasonable price. I think he's good for the mix, and has that wild card ability to get you points at will when his game is on. I do think he brings the offense to a halt at times, and I wish he'd move more without the ball and be more consistent on D, but having at least one guy like him on the team is not a bad thing.

What we should've been doing w Beasley is keeping kp minutes down at 25-26 all year. Let's give kp time to come back the right way and when he does let's keep Beasley at 25 and maybe move kp fir a few at the 5

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/22/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  3:43 PM
EnySpree wrote:Beasley is averaging 22pts in his last 5 games.

Charges Barkley kept saying they were letting him go left every time. He clearly didn't see the game or any game with Beasley at least this year. Beas goes left and right and he can finish with either hand.

How many more 30pt games does Beas have to have for people to stop calling him a bum?

So scoring in mid-range iso is now suddenly fashionable?
Where the hell is Bonn and his iso-metrical value studies on 2 point shots when you need him?

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2017  4:26 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Where the hell is Bonn and his iso-metrical value studies on 2 point shots when you need him?

Any shot is good if you're efficient at it. But I did criticize him for his turnovers earlier.
EnySpree

12/22/2017  4:53 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Basketball you have to put the ball on the hole. Beas makes his move and he's out. He's not holding and forcing the ball like some guys. Beas passes the ball and takes what he gets. He's also not the focal point to what we do.... another point. Outta all good to iso as long as outta a player everyone likes

Beasley. A little Bernard king tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy