[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

.50, .40, .90 guys on the Knicks
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  7:57 PM
Lee is very close to being a fifty, forty, ninety guy. McDermott is close to fifty, forty, eighty.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/17/2017  8:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Lee is very close to being a fifty, forty, ninety guy. McDermott is close to fifty, forty, eighty.

Must say I hadn't been paying any attention to this. I think this is a hallmark of how Jeff is coaching these guys to play the game. No one is really forcing things. This approach is putting these guys in the best position to maximize their talents.

Last year CLee was reluctant to look for his own offense but he's now adjusted to how Jeff wants him to play and it's working. The same goes for McDermott. He's got McD active the entire game. Just moving and moving and it's helping him stay focused and almost all of his offense is high % clean looks.

These guys are super confident in their games now. It's similar to how MDA gets guys so confident in their 3pt game. Instead of having CLee just standing all game waiting for the kick out he's coming around on those weaves and driving in for floaters. McD is doing those wonderful cuts and getting layups and dunks. Jeff has literally helped his players to become more efficient in the flow of the offense.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  9:01 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Lee is very close to being a fifty, forty, ninety guy. McDermott is close to fifty, forty, eighty.

Must say I hadn't been paying any attention to this. I think this is a hallmark of how Jeff is coaching these guys to play the game. No one is really forcing things. This approach is putting these guys in the best position to maximize their talents.

Last year CLee was reluctant to look for his own offense but he's now adjusted to how Jeff wants him to play and it's working. The same goes for McDermott. He's got McD active the entire game. Just moving and moving and it's helping him stay focused and almost all of his offense is high % clean looks.

These guys are super confident in their games now. It's similar to how MDA gets guys so confident in their 3pt game. Instead of having CLee just standing all game waiting for the kick out he's coming around on those weaves and driving in for floaters. McD is doing those wonderful cuts and getting layups and dunks. Jeff has literally helped his players to become more efficient in the flow of the offense.

I have been really impressed with Jeff. I was really excited when he was hired but last year was a huge disappointment. I wasn't sure if he would survive the regime change, or spend the year as a lame duck. He has been fantastic and looks like a guy that could end the lack of continuity at the head coach position and be with the Knicks for awhile.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/17/2017  9:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I have been really impressed with Jeff. I was really excited when he was hired but last year was a huge disappointment. I wasn't sure if he would survive the regime change, or spend the year as a lame duck. He has been fantastic and looks like a guy that could end the lack of continuity at the head coach position and be with the Knicks for awhile.

Dragic, Green, & Morris all had career seasons that one yr with Suns. While Frye, other Morris, Bledsoe, Plummlee, & Tucker all were put in position to succeed.

Hornacek is a good bball mind.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/17/2017  9:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jeff is running exactly what he ran in phoenix, and we are 7th in fg%. It's not only the system, but the fact that there is no outside drama, that means a great deal, guys just look more focus, even how Noah is handling his role. Maybe if Kuz would have been more patient he would have gotten a chance.

He said it wanted this team to be scrappy and share the ball, and by all means that's exactly what he's getting. That win last night was the most impressive win of JH's knick career so far.

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/17/2017  10:53 PM
And they're playing defense. Who woulda thought?

knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jeff is running exactly what he ran in phoenix, and we are 7th in fg%. It's not only the system, but the fact that there is no outside drama, that means a great deal, guys just look more focus, even how Noah is handling his role. Maybe if Kuz would have been more patient he would have gotten a chance.

He said it wanted this team to be scrappy and share the ball, and by all means that's exactly what he's getting. That win last night was the most impressive win of JH's knick career so far.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/18/2017  1:44 AM
nixluva wrote:Last year CLee was reluctant to look for his own offense ....

He can't create his own shot. He never got the ball last season. I don't know about reluctant. He plays within his skill set. If a high percentage shot opens up for him, he takes it. Last season he didn't get them, because Melo and Rose were huge black holes on offense.

Sadly, Hornacek is really using some heavy elements of Seven Seconds Or Less, he always has. Except when Melo was here, since he got MDA fired, to justify that, the team to push as far from SSOL as much as possible. MDA had personnel who just could not defend (STAT and Nash) so he made the best out of it, I think the problem is he got a rep for being a defensive sieve at all times.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/18/2017  9:04 AM
These guys who shoot a high percentage for the three and play solid defense are exactly the players you need to build around Porzingis.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/18/2017  10:56 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Last year CLee was reluctant to look for his own offense ....

He can't create his own shot. He never got the ball last season. I don't know about reluctant. He plays within his skill set. If a high percentage shot opens up for him, he takes it. Last season he didn't get them, because Melo and Rose were huge black holes on offense.

Sadly, Hornacek is really using some heavy elements of Seven Seconds Or Less, he always has. Except when Melo was here, since he got MDA fired, to justify that, the team to push as far from SSOL as much as possible. MDA had personnel who just could not defend (STAT and Nash) so he made the best out of it, I think the problem is he got a rep for being a defensive sieve at all times.

Why is this sad?

.50, .40, .90 guys on the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy