[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where are the Beasley bashers?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/17/2017  2:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  2:37 PM
I really don't care.... I'm just trolling the Baker thread.

But seriously... Beas had been playing really well. He still makes air head plays but more times than not he's been brilliant. He was brilliant against OKC.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2017  2:41 PM
He's obviously talented and last game was awesome. The one problem (statistically) that stands out is that his turnovers are off the charts this year (1 every 8 min).
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/17/2017  2:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:I really don't care.... I'm just trolling the Baker thread.

But seriously... Beas had been playing really well. He still makes air head plays but more times than not he's been brilliant. He was brilliant against OKC.

Cruel...very cruel.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/17/2017  3:39 PM
supa beas
EnySpree

12/17/2017  3:48 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Cruel...very cruel.

Its a message board... there's no crying on the internet lol

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/17/2017  4:18 PM

UK fans don't like guys that can play great offense. If he improves his two handed passes and plays hustle defense he will be the new Baker.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/17/2017  4:25 PM
Had anyone actually bashed Beas? I had very low expectations of him and I am happy he is filling his role as a bench scorer. But he also makes absolutely boneheaded plays and takes whole games off. His defense started out being horrible but it looks like he has started giving a damn, so I will take that!
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree

12/17/2017  4:41 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Had anyone actually bashed Beas? I had very low expectations of him and I am happy he is filling his role as a bench scorer. But he also makes absolutely boneheaded plays and takes whole games off. His defense started out being horrible but it looks like he has started giving a damn, so I will take that!

I think he gives a damn but he just goes into a trance at times. Like wake up man we need you! Then he turns into a superhero again. He's an enigma

Caseloads
Member: #41
12/17/2017  5:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Had anyone actually bashed Beas? I had very low expectations of him and I am happy he is filling his role as a bench scorer. But he also makes absolutely boneheaded plays and takes whole games off. His defense started out being horrible but it looks like he has started giving a damn, so I will take that!

I think he gives a damn but he just goes into a trance at times. Like wake up man we need you! Then he turns into a superhero again. He's an enigma

weed haze

EnySpree

12/17/2017  6:09 PM
Caseloads wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

weed haze

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/17/2017  8:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Just like I posted in the game thread, hopefully he doesn't go back into hibernation.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/17/2017  10:13 PM
Caseloads wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
weed haze

on the nose. The guy is obviously a burn out

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/18/2017  2:21 AM
I think he’s getting more comfortable with the team and NBA in general. If he can be KP’s Backup so we don’t have the drop off in scoring when he sits, and keeps working on his team defense he may be an invaluable piece of the puzzle.
Ira
Member: #91
12/18/2017  2:45 AM
Once again, I want to give Hornacek and his assistants at least part of the credit. It's not just guys like Baker and KP who came back and are playing better, but new Knicks like Beasley, McDermott and Kanter who have raised their games.
bernard
Member: #475
12/18/2017  2:49 AM
I kinda bashed him. I'll own it. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Hopefully the switch turned. He does seem to be playing harder on D. But it'll take more than one great game (that was awesome to watch) to convince me. For sure he can score -- it won't always be as efficiently as it was against OKC, but even when not, still a reliable go-to for the 2nd unit ... IF he can continue to play reasonable defense and with effort. I can live with some boneheaded turnovers and missed assignments, just not the lazy passes and not getting back on D.
Clean
Member: #743
12/18/2017  4:55 AM
Ira wrote:Once again, I want to give Hornacek and his assistants at least part of the credit. It's not just guys like Baker and KP who came back and are playing better, but new Knicks like Beasley, McDermott and Kanter who have raised their games.

Yes, I don't think Jeff gets enough credit in general. He has tons of plays with a lot of variations on each of them. Like that play that they always run for Dougie. He circles around the 3 pt line and at like 3 different areas during that circle he can get a clean shot after picks depending on how the defender plays it. If the defender does well he continues the circle into the paint where he can get a backdoor or pop out to the 3 pt line depending on how the defender plays it. This is why he gets so many backdoor cuts for open layups. The defender always goes for his fake pop out to the 3pt line since he is known as a shooter.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
12/18/2017  5:42 AM
I was never impressed with Beasley but it seems he has found a good role for himself here in NY. He is an extremely talented offensive player still, and we seem to be using him in a way to minimize his downsides (taking plays off, low motor, etc). He seems well suited as a bench scorer.
Rose is not the answer.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/18/2017  7:14 AM
EnySpree wrote:
The Riddler
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2017  8:27 AM
Beas comes to town with his half moon eyelids with vegetarian diet and a one year make good contract and we are super happy he s stepping up.
Read articles earlier in the season about him being a dad and waking up to the fact that “Whoa, I gotta change and own up to my potential”.
Money does matter. It’s a contract year. I hate pointing to his improved play as disingenuous but he has had a up and down career. Shortage of talent was never the issue. He might not be wired to be an NBA star but he certainly can play the game.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/18/2017  9:32 AM
bernard wrote:I kinda bashed him. I'll own it. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Hopefully the switch turned. He does seem to be playing harder on D. But it'll take more than one great game (that was awesome to watch) to convince me. For sure he can score -- it won't always be as efficiently as it was against OKC, but even when not, still a reliable go-to for the 2nd unit ... IF he can continue to play reasonable defense and with effort. I can live with some boneheaded turnovers and missed assignments, just not the lazy passes and not getting back on D.

Agreed. It was fun to watch but he got an uncontested layup from a OKC turnover because he didn't even try to get back on D on that possession.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Where are the Beasley bashers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy