[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who do you bring back next year
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2017  12:30 AM
Just watched the nets game. McDermott, KOQ, Beasley, and Jack were all awesome. Beasley might be the easiest to move on from but he fits his role perfectly and I think KP will always miss 10-15 games a year. All of these guys have a ton of character and fit with the team. Not sure what the right move is for each individual.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/16/2017  5:48 AM
As nice as Lee and KOQ are playing, it’s probably optimal time to trade asnperhaps there’s a First in the mix and affordability becomes an issue. I like MCDermott. He moves exceptionally well off the ball and can go double digits easily. Your point about KP and Beas is well taken. Next issue is what to do w Sessions, Kanter. Do we want a 5 with grit but who has a negative +/- more often than not and has porous defense scoring 13 ppg. ? For $20-25 Million? Jury is out and a tough call.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/16/2017  7:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Just watched the nets game. McDermott, KOQ, Beasley, and Jack were all awesome. Beasley might be the easiest to move on from but he fits his role perfectly and I think KP will always miss 10-15 games a year. All of these guys have a ton of character and fit with the team. Not sure what the right move is for each individual.

Ideally keeping this group and adding an elite SF in the draft would be ideal. The problem is Noah and his dead weight. He is going to kill this teams chance of keeping these bench players. Unfortunately we lost so many draft picks over the years we don't have guys coming through at low cost to take their place without loss of production. It all comes down to what the open market bares on each guy. I'm not opposed to keeping any of them. Kanter is the most difficult because his style of play does comliment KP very well.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/16/2017  7:38 AM
Paris907 wrote:As nice as Lee and KOQ are playing, it’s probably optimal time to trade asnperhaps there’s a First in the mix and affordability becomes an issue. I like MCDermott. He moves exceptionally well off the ball and can go double digits easily. Your point about KP and Beas is well taken. Next issue is what to do w Sessions, Kanter. Do we want a 5 with grit but who has a negative +/- more often than not and has porous defense scoring 13 ppg. ? For $20-25 Million? Jury is out and a tough call.

AT 20-25 million he has to go. I think 18 is my cut off point. The question is do we give away our first round pick to get rid of Noah. I know it sux but if we pick in the 14-15 range it might be more valuable to keep these bench guys

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/16/2017  8:15 AM
Too early for next year. Some of these guys might not be here next week
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/16/2017  8:25 AM
Lee is signed for two more years and has done well so he will be here. Mcdermott has seemed to come into his own here in NY after being such a great prospect out of the draft and he is a RFA so i think he stays unless he gets a monster offer sheet. As much as i like KOQ he will opt out and look for a big pay raise. Since we already have a lot of bigmen it probably makes sense to get something for him. Im very happy we are winning but i still feel our best years are in the future so adding more picks would help too
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/16/2017  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2017  10:47 AM
Its too bad salaries have to factor in because chemistry wise this squad has it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749358-nba-trade-rumors-buzz-on-nikola-mirotic-robin-lopez-and-courtney-lee?src=rss

Would be great to bring back Lopez as insurance, in case Kanter bails. Better if we could afford both, but thats doubtful. Both play well next to KP.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

12/16/2017  11:29 AM
We need to trade any of the players that Perry and Mills know won't be back here next year. If they know they won't be able to afford KOQ's price tag on what he's gonna want after he opts out then trade him and get something for him, and they've talked with all of these guys agents to find out just what their plans are going forward so they know if KOQ is planning on opting out or not. The same goes for D.McBuckets and E.Kanter. Get whatever you can for any of these guys if you know we can't afford them or they aren't in the plans going forward. My worry is that Perry is worried that if they trade any of our players that are producing for us for draft picks then that will make it look like we're tanking which is something he was pretty adamant at being against tanking.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2017  11:52 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Its too bad salaries have to factor in because chemistry wise this squad has it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749358-nba-trade-rumors-buzz-on-nikola-mirotic-robin-lopez-and-courtney-lee?src=rss

Would be great to bring back Lopez as insurance, in case Kanter bails. Better if we could afford both, but thats doubtful. Both play well next to KP.

But to what end? Kanter, Lopez, Noah, Willy, KOQ.

To me none of those guys are long term fixtures next to KP on a deep playoff team (things can obviously change). Doesn't mean that wouldn't fit for a year or 2 and play well but Knicks need to eventually find a long term solution big that fits next to KP and within team salary structure.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/16/2017  12:09 PM
Next Year?
By then a lot can happen.
Have the First window of trades now which should make some deals happen in the league.
Free agency matters. If we trade guys for non expiring contracts we have no space. Has to be a good deal.
Briggs will have in some form suggested 40 players by then and done ten dozen mocks. He will mock his mocks.
Frank will have been inducted to the Gleague HOF.
Baker gets a haircut.
Noah will DPOTY.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/16/2017  1:21 PM
Paris907 wrote:As nice as Lee and KOQ are playing, it’s probably optimal time to trade asnperhaps there’s a First in the mix and affordability becomes an issue. I like MCDermott. He moves exceptionally well off the ball and can go double digits easily. Your point about KP and Beas is well taken. Next issue is what to do w Sessions, Kanter. Do we want a 5 with grit but who has a negative +/- more often than not and has porous defense scoring 13 ppg. ? For $20-25 Million? Jury is out and a tough call.

I'd love to sell high on Lee and O'Quinn. I think we could come up with cheaper alternatives for each spot, esp. regarding O'Quinn (Christian Wood? Much more potential than KOQ and he's younger. Maybe the Magic cut Khem Birch loose by next season? Plus, there's guys like KOQ late in the draft in the 50s every year. And I like Willy--I'm not ready to turn the page on him like a lot of you guys are. Let Willy take over in that role next year. Bottom line is O'Quinn's a role player that's playing over his head right now -- no way I'm I overpaying for that). Lee's making a lot of cheddar but he's playing great ball -- hopefully we can find a taker.

Kanter and Dougie I'd love to keep. I'd also use Kanter differently. I'd start FEATURING Kanter in the offense moving forward. I just don't get it -- dude's too good an offensive player to only get scraps cleaning up around the basket with the occasional post up. I'd like to see him get 10 post up opportunities a night minimum along with some mid-range shots + the putbacks. We do that he's a 20/10 guy easily, prob. an all-star, and more than worth the sizable investment we'll have to make in him. I mean maybe it's a good thing we're suppressing him for the time being in a way -- maybe that's their thinking although I doubt it. I just don't think they see what I see. But maybe we try to keep him from exploding now, get him at a better, more team-friendly number, then take the shackles off next year and unleash the beast. I'm telling ya man, call me nuts, but if you give Kanter Karl Malone's offensive freedom, that's the type of player we could have here eventually. Never gonna know unless he starts getting the ball more.

And I wanna add a quick, change of pace PG to the mix to go along WITH Frank -- not, I repeat NOT a replacement. We can also get this type of player real cheap.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/16/2017  2:24 PM
Kanter has to stay period. He is the perfect compliment to KP
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/16/2017  4:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

AT 20-25 million he has to go. I think 18 is my cut off point. The question is do we give away our first round pick to get rid of Noah. I know it sux but if we pick in the 14-15 range it might be more valuable to keep these bench guys

I don't think Kanter is getting $20-$25 million. The market for centers doesn't seem headed that way, except for the stars. I doubt he even opts out. I agree about Lee and KOQ, but I don't see them bringing us our starting small forward. The draft seems to be the best option for that. I don't believe we should give up a first to get rid of Noah. There's a good chance that our first would still be more valuable than anyone we can bring in through free agency anyway.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2017  8:38 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I don't think Kanter is getting $20-$25 million. The market for centers doesn't seem headed that way, except for the stars. I doubt he even opts out. I agree about Lee and KOQ, but I don't see them bringing us our starting small forward. The draft seems to be the best option for that. I don't believe we should give up a first to get rid of Noah. There's a good chance that our first would still be more valuable than anyone we can bring in through free agency anyway.

How could he not opt out?! No human turns down guaranteed money, and he will get a total of much more than $18.6 mil guaranteed dollars after opting out.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2017  9:49 AM
Even if the same annual salary but for more years.

Kanter old school comparison: Sven Nater! Sven was Bill Waltons back up at UCLA and played in the ABA/NBA and having never started in college became NBA Leading offensive rebounder. The guy was a machine and this was in a very physical era.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/17/2017  11:11 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Its too bad salaries have to factor in because chemistry wise this squad has it.

To me none of those guys are long term fixtures next to KP on a deep playoff team (things can obviously change). Doesn't mean that wouldn't fit for a year or 2 and play well but Knicks need to eventually find a long term solution big that fits next to KP and within team salary structure.

Move Willy, KOQ, for help at PG, if there is a deal to be made. Or I would trade Willy for Lopez. Kanter and KP will miss their share of games. Lopez is starter quality, on a reasonable deal.

After next season Noah would have an expiring contract. Maybe use Willy and a 2nd rounder as part of a deal to move Noah. Dont want him bought out.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/17/2017  11:33 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Move Willy, KOQ, for help at PG, if there is a deal to be made. Or I would trade Willy for Lopez. Kanter and KP will miss their share of games. Lopez is starter quality, on a reasonable deal.

After next season Noah would have an expiring contract. Maybe use Willy and a 2nd rounder as part of a deal to move Noah. Dont want him bought out.

ive started to sour on willy so you have a good point. I agree i dont want to buyout noah
Who do you bring back next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy