[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jordan Bell top 5 rookie
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/15/2017  1:06 PM
The guy has been the quiet steal of the draft

Hes good at everything---Warriors got him for nothing--didnt even have a draft pick.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bretrobert1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

12/15/2017  2:10 PM
He's very much a product-of-the-system, not a top 5 rookie. That said, there are probably 10-12 rookies that would look like world-beaters if they were filling a role for Golden State.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
BRIGGS
12/15/2017  2:34 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:He's very much a product-of-the-system, not a top 5 rookie. That said, there are probably 10-12 rookies that would look like world-beaters if they were filling a role for Golden State.

I dont see any rookies who can do what he does. Its not a product of the system--if you put Frank on their team who wouldnt play nor would many guys after Tatum Kuzma and Mitchell no rookie big would play there

RIP Crushalot😞
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

12/15/2017  2:41 PM
Here's a clip for you to look at. Statistically speaking, his best game. Yes, he plays nice defense, but it basically just put on a leash and uses his athleticism to block shots..

Every single one of the buckets he gets is due to the players around him.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/15/2017  2:55 PM
I still dont get why the bulls traded him for money- whether he’s great or not, why trade a second round pick for cash when you’re rebuilding?
BRIGGS
12/15/2017  3:10 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Here's a clip for you to look at. Statistically speaking, his best game. Yes, he plays nice defense, but it basically just put on a leash and uses his athleticism to block shots..

Every single one of the buckets he gets is due to the players around him.

You have to watch some Warrior games to understand that this guy already gives an impact on a super team. Again there are not many top 10 picks who would see core rotation time w GS.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/15/2017  3:47 PM
On a 3pt shooting team I don't think he's taken a single shot.

Great athlete and competitor, but as has been said, it's nice to play on a team like GS. McGee also seemed like superman at times last year and was getting looks by fans.

GS can "afford" his game because they have so many scorers, they don't need him to do squat. Even Green takes 3s. Bell is will be 23 in Jan and still can't hit foul shots, it would seem.

He is in a great situation where he is, but he is the type of player who, if he leaves GS for a starters contract in the future, will be exposed for his many limitations, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
12/15/2017  7:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:On a 3pt shooting team I don't think he's taken a single shot.

Great athlete and competitor, but as has been said, it's nice to play on a team like GS. McGee also seemed like superman at times last year and was getting looks by fans.

GS can "afford" his game because they have so many scorers, they don't need him to do squat. Even Green takes 3s. Bell is will be 23 in Jan and still can't hit foul shots, it would seem.

He is in a great situation where he is, but he is the type of player who, if he leaves GS for a starters contract in the future, will be exposed for his many limitations, IMO.

I don’t think so. It’s easy to say that they’re great so it’s easy to step in— especially if you don’t actually watch them play. If you do you can see the basketball iq that he has. The passing positioning hustle staying in his game while fitting others. Ben Wallace was also a great player who didn’t shoot it.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/15/2017  7:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:On a 3pt shooting team I don't think he's taken a single shot.

I don’t think so. It’s easy to say that they’re great so it’s easy to step in— especially if you don’t actually watch them play. If you do you can see the basketball iq that he has. The passing positioning hustle staying in his game while fitting others. Ben Wallace was also a great player who didn’t shoot it.

He's a steal, but you said top 5 lol You prepared to revisit his when the season ends?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/15/2017  8:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The guy has been the quiet steal of the draft

Hes good at everything---Warriors got him for nothing--didnt even have a draft pick.

Is he better than your guy Allan Crabbe? Last night was a very impressive 35 minute/4 point performance.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/15/2017  11:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:I still dont get why the bulls traded him for money- whether he’s great or not, why trade a second round pick for cash when you’re rebuilding?

As the story around the league goes, the Bulls ownership was not on board with buying out Dwayne Wade unless a certain amount of cash back was on the table. Chicago knew for a very very long time that they wanted to buy out Wade, he was killing team morale. And... how do I put this... OK, you have the players themselves. But part of the team "harmony" comes from the wives, girlfriends, parents and kids getting along. If you have one specific player with a wife who has an open reputation for chasing down married dudes, that's not going to sit well with the wives of other players. Who drive their husbands nuts, who drive the ownership and coaches and front office nuts because they just want some peace and quiet.

Remember Anna Benson? The Mets had to run Kris Benson out of town because his wife was starting way too much crap with the other wives and Kris Benson wasn't an elite enough pitcher to make that all go away by his production on the field.

This team wanted to dump Wade, and by extension, ALL linked ties to Wade.

No team has an infinite cash budget. Even the big guns like the LA Dodgers, the Yankees, even the Knicks, it's not a bottomless pit of money. Some fiscal restraint has to factor in somewhere. If you add up what was left on the table in the Wade buyout plus the 3.5 million from the Warriors, that was enough to get ownership to say OK to dumping Wade. The Warriors offered their full annual allotment. Most teams don't have that option when buying a 2nd round pick.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/15/2017  11:55 PM
Briggs he would be a non factor in Sacramento. Product of the system.
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/16/2017  12:23 AM
Knixkik wrote:Briggs he would be a non factor in Sacramento. Product of the system.

Current Knicks team has almost all players the products of the system...
The dude get lucky to have his role defined early and now he will be used and paid as such.
Good for him, for Warriors, and for any team he will be serving in the future.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Jordan Bell top 5 rookie

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy