[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/16/2017  10:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great win. OKC has issues.
it will be worse next year when george leaves and they are stuck with melo
i think Westbrook is a problem. Not sure how to fix that. I have heard a lot of speculation about Presti trading George so he gets something. Also, a lot of talk about Melo coming off the bench. I think that would be a good move. I think Melo would benefit from playing with Felton. I have only watched the last two Thunder games but Westbrook doesn't seem to pass to his left. Last night Melo was hitting everything and Westbrook was brutal but he never got him the ball.
westbrook has struggled but he will never be problem...he is elite. Melo hurts your cohesion as a team as we saw here. George is a real good two way player but im sure he bolts next year. They traded a lot of their depth
a lot of amazing players have left okc. Westbrook is elite. Not sure that he plays well with others though. Last years team suited his style of play better.
well i agree this years team obviously doesnt work. They traded away a lot of pieces for a very good but injury prone two way player and a aging flawed player so some of it could be on westbrook but most is on their front office
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/16/2017  10:48 PM
What an awesome win! Beating the Thunder w/o your top two scorers is always a pleasant sight. Also this Thunder team is quite terrible.
The Future is Bright!
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/16/2017  10:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
i think Westbrook is a problem. Not sure how to fix that. I have heard a lot of speculation about Presti trading George so he gets something. Also, a lot of talk about Melo coming off the bench. I think that would be a good move. I think Melo would benefit from playing with Felton. I have only watched the last two Thunder games but Westbrook doesn't seem to pass to his left. Last night Melo was hitting everything and Westbrook was brutal but he never got him the ball.
westbrook has struggled but he will never be problem...he is elite. Melo hurts your cohesion as a team as we saw here. George is a real good two way player but im sure he bolts next year. They traded a lot of their depth
The Kobe/Gasol Lakers is probably a better blue print for building around Westbrook than their current collection of players. I think to maximize Westbrook he's gotta be the man and everybody has to be complimentary pieces to his talent.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2017  11:05 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
The Kobe/Gasol Lakers is probably a better blue print for building around Westbrook than their current collection of players. I think to maximize Westbrook he's gotta be the man and everybody has to be complimentary pieces to his talent.

Yeah Westbrook has to be put in an AI Sixers type setup but with a bunch of 3nD guys.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/16/2017  11:11 PM
Why don't you guys come to grip with reality Westbrook is a terrible shooter. I get that he does other things well but his shooting is absolute asz. Adding Melo compounded the problem of team shooting.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/16/2017  11:15 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If the Thunder now suddenly start playing the traingle... Oh man, just watch out!!!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2017  11:18 PM
nixluva wrote:HOW BOUT DAT SCOTT PERRY . What a deal maker 😜
Scott, Steve, and Jeff seem to be a great team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/16/2017  11:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Don't forget Phil and Gaines.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/17/2017  12:10 AM
nixluva wrote:Refs are screwing Ntilikina tonight and the Knicks in general. Some bad fouls on clean strips.
Agree. I saw it a few times too
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/17/2017  12:16 AM
Saw the game online and was very very happy with the team effort. I take everything back that I said about baker. He shot with confidence. Take everything’s back that I said about Beasley. He played great. Take everything negative I ever said about this team. We as a team are growing so much. No KP, No THJr and we still find a way to win and give effort most importantly. There were quite a few defensive lapses in the first half on the rebounds. It was great seeing the team come together for a win. I understand OKC played 3 OTs last night but for us to pull out the win would have been as impressive as OKC pulling out the win without Russ or PG13.

I ❤️ our team.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/17/2017  2:39 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Don't forget Phil and Gaines.

Most definitely the entire crew had a hand in this process. The difference is that the DRAMA is gone and the men left seem to go about their business MINUS any DRAMA! It's just about basketball now.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/17/2017  5:09 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Refs are screwing Ntilikina tonight and the Knicks in general. Some bad fouls on clean strips.
Agree. I saw it a few times too

The Beasley strip was the absolute worst... it was clearly all ball

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/17/2017  8:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Is this a team that could make it to the second round of the playoffs?

When the home and road games even out, we may not even be in the playoffs.
I think this team has talent, but it's far from a lock we even make the playoffs, let alone a run in the playoffs. Our road record is 2-8.
nyknickzingis

12/17/2017  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  8:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

You do realize a certain someone picked Horny because he loved his basketball brain and thought he was a good choice because he had old school roots (ran system offense with Sloan) and new school offense blended in? That person wasn't Perry or Mills .... but I agree they are a good team. I like that we have no drama, no BS executives now. Blue collar stuff from top (the executives) to bottom (the players from 1-15). NY deserves a team like this. I think we just miss out on the playoffs, but we should be proud of this team. The culture is finally right here.
nyknickzingis

12/17/2017  8:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  9:28 AM
Gotta hand it to Beas, he has been a great replacement/fill in for an injured KP. He reminds me of D-Will two years ago, only he's far more talented. I don't think he's a rotation player or starter on a playoff contender, but he should be in the plans longterm if he wants to stay for a decent contract as a backup/injury reserve for KP. 15 million over 3 years.

I never even thought it was a good idea to let D-Will go. Guys like this may not be there every night, but they are great fill ins during injuries and their talent is top notch. Cleveland's bench is filled with guys like this over the last few years. I hope we keep Beas.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/17/2017  9:43 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Is this a team that could make it to the second round of the playoffs?

When the home and road games even out, we may not even be in the playoffs.
I think this team has talent, but it's far from a lock we even make the playoffs, let alone a run in the playoffs. Our road record is 2-8.
fair point. Im having a great time as a knick fan for the first time in many years but i dont want to get ahead of myself. I still think we probably need to add a couple more pieces via draft/free agency
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/17/2017  9:52 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You do realize a certain someone picked Horny because he loved his basketball brain and thought he was a good choice because he had old school roots (ran system offense with Sloan) and new school offense blended in? That person wasn't Perry or Mills .... but I agree they are a good team. I like that we have no drama, no BS executives now. Blue collar stuff from top (the executives) to bottom (the players from 1-15). NY deserves a team like this. I think we just miss out on the playoffs, but we should be proud of this team. The culture is finally right here.

That same certain someone who picked Horny because of his basketball brain couldn't keep from medling and allowing Horny to do what he was hitred to to do...The certain someone's ego wouldn't allow it...Glad he's gone to allow guys to do the job they were hired to do!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/17/2017  9:53 AM
Panos wrote:Unbelievable. Total team effort. Something you never saw in the Melo years

This is not an accurate statement...That team that won 54 games and lost to Indy in the 2nd round gave max effort at all times...

nyknickzingis

12/17/2017  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  10:04 AM
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That same certain someone who picked Horny because of his basketball brain couldn't keep from medling and allowing Horny to do what he was hitred to to do...The certain someone's ego wouldn't allow it...Glad he's gone to allow guys to do the job they were hired to do!

A year ago, Knicks were identical 16-13 last year scoring 105+ points a game.
The offense wasn't the problem as much as the defense.
Once the defense wouldn't improve the team just gave in and accepted fate.
The real difference this year is the defense and teamwork. Last year the team played too much one on one and didn't play defense. This isn't on the system they ran it is on the players who refused to play within the team concepts.

The players on this team play defense and there's no consistent ball stopping on offense. This is why we are holding teams down to below 100 even at times and we're giving an effort that just wasn't there last year. Everyone feels involved. I think if you look at how someone as good as Willy isn't even in the rotation anymore, shows you the biggest change. This year the focus is on defense, which is why we're so much better. The team does give up too many wide open three pointers, but their movement and coverage of the court is so much better. It's the biggest change from what I've seen.

Late last year there were some games where we played like how we are right now. I recall Nix and I talking about it in the game threads. There were a few games where there was no Rose, no Melo and we played fantastic team basketball and effort was there. Fast forward 6 months later, KP is now a monster with a post game, we've added some better players in the rotation and we've become a solid competitive team. This is all based on the same principles. Teamwork. Defensive effort. Wasn't Ron Baker playing for us last year? O'Quinn? Thomas? They're all doing the same things. The change without having Melo and Rose is instrumental. Everyone gives an effort on defense on each possession. There's ball movement. Sorry, this isn't a Triangle thing. This is a get rid of the team cancers thing. Again, ask Nix about how he and I were talking about having some games like this late last year where the team played without Melo and Rose. Wasn't about the wins. It was about how they played. They played the right way just like this team is. It's a pretty simple game when you have players give an effort and move the ball.

Meanwhile the Thunder ....... Ooops

reub
Member: #6227

12/17/2017  10:15 AM
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Think about how bleak our future was when that certain someone was first hired and where we are now.

Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy