Sundov Back in New York!!!!!
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/9/2004  11:28 AM
Posted by MS:

Why does everyone trust Isiah...what has he accomplished? Aside from ending the CBA, allienating everyone in Toronto and underachieving in Indiana.

He was in a very flexible position with the Knicks with huge expiring contracts and draft choices. He gave Crawford 10 per, was going to give Dampier the same, and effectively kill any flexibility.

So why do you trust Isiah...Brewer and Sundov, for what purpose

Marbury, Norris, Brewer
Houston, Crawford
Tim Thomas, Penny, Ariza, Anderson
Kurt Thomas, Sweetney, JYD
Naz, Baker, Sundov

Do we need 15 guys, if we were going to make a worthless signing we might as well got Clarke

So why do u trust Isiah
In Toronto we drafted Camby a very good player, he drafted Stoudemire who became ROY and he drafted TMac.. one of the best players in the league. He's shown he has an eye for talent.

In Indiana after he left guys like Harrington, Oneil and Bender credited ISiah for their development. In fact Bird and co pulled a slippery move because if Jermain Oneil thought Isiah wasnt returning he would be a Spur right now.

The CBA was a bad business decision. I dont really know the details.

I think Isiah has a good eye for talent and developing players. Hes demonstrated that in the past. People want to play for him... thats another asset. He's said he wants to get younger, faster and more athletic. So far he's brought in Marbury, Penny, TT, Crawford, Nazr, Baker, Ariza... he's sticking to that plan.

Crawford will be making just UNDER $6mm next year, he's 24 and could be on the verge of becoming one of the league's premier perimeter players. He has that kind of talent.

Isiah may fail... I'm sure better men have, but so far his moves have been solid, if not extrordinary
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/9/2004  11:51 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

We don't need Rodney White in any way. We already have far too many 2's and 3's and 4's. Is White an upgrade over Penny or JYD? Maybe he's got more guns, that's about it.
I said give him a 3 year deal (maybe 2 years w/ a team option on the 3rd year) so that we can have his Bird rights and if he reaches his potential, keep him in the team for many years. Do you think Penny is going to be a Knick 5 years from now? What about JYD? If not, then if Rodney White reaches his potential, wouldn't it be nice to have him in our organization? It's low risk; you'd be giving him 2 guaranteed years at maybe $1 mil each. (I really don't think any team will give him more than that now.)
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
9/9/2004  12:21 PM
Posted by Nalod:

15 players, we can only keep 12.

You mean on the active roster. Every team has their 3 IR spots.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
9/9/2004  12:22 PM
Isiah had the number two pic, and camby was availble it was impossible to screw that draft up, marbury, iverson, ray allen, SAR, Kobe, Illgaskus, the talent pool was never ending. And Damon had a couple of good seasons and then went bust. McGrady was a great pick up but he was there and worth a gamble so Isiah took him lets not give him to much credit on that one, although it was a great pic.

I agree people want to play for Isiah which is nice but that doesn't warrant all his praise. He is a big if, if Crawford works its golden if he lives up to his rep they are in trouble, he just needs to be careful with his deals and all the players he tries to sign

Andrew
USA
9/9/2004  12:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

wow they signed him to a locked 1 yr 845,000K contract thats a big chunk of change for a guy who has done absolutley nothing in 4-5 yeasr in the nBA---if the knicks are trying to win now--why not offer Kevin Willis the vet minimum of 995,000 he may be 41 but hes 50 times better than Sundov. i hope this guy has leanred to move inside, otherwise hes just a much much worse version of zhi zhi wang.

The min salary for a guy his experience is around $870K. Willis could be had for the vet min for his experience of $1.1M if NY were one of his choices. He may be worse that Zhizhi, but that guy makes 2M this year.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/9/2004  12:57 PM
Posted by MS:

Isiah had the number two pic, and camby was availble it was impossible to screw that draft up, marbury, iverson, ray allen, SAR, Kobe, Illgaskus, the talent pool was never ending. And Damon had a couple of good seasons and then went bust. McGrady was a great pick up but he was there and worth a gamble so Isiah took him lets not give him to much credit on that one, although it was a great pic.

I agree people want to play for Isiah which is nice but that doesn't warrant all his praise. He is a big if, if Crawford works its golden if he lives up to his rep they are in trouble, he just needs to be careful with his deals and all the players he tries to sign

nobody will argue that... I also dont see all the praise your talking about. I personally like the moves and the direction and type of players he's making commitments too (younger/athletic).

I agreed with Briggs the other day when he said that ISiah probably moved too quickly and overpaid (Lampe) for the Marbury trade.

But we are better, more skilled, younger and more athletic. As for Crawford when was the last time the Knicks signed ANY FA on the upside of their career? Probably Allan Houston... before that you would have to go pre-Ewing. And of course Crawford could flop but if you cant trust Isiah to judge a guard's talent and skill who can your trust?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/9/2004  2:08 PM
im pretty sure the league picks up 75% of those minimum salaried deals for vets with 10+ years. We really couldve used a guy like Kevin Willis because

A. he will acccept any PT or no PT
B. Hes tougher than anyone on the squad
C. Hes actually 7 foot in great shape and can still play at a nice level
D. given the league pays most of the salary--hes cheaper than sundov

RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
USA
9/9/2004  2:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

im pretty sure the league picks up 75% of those minimum salaried deals for vets with 10+ years. We really couldve used a guy like Kevin Willis because

A. he will acccept any PT or no PT
B. Hes tougher than anyone on the squad
C. Hes actually 7 foot in great shape and can still play at a nice level
D. given the league pays most of the salary--hes cheaper than sundov

Sundov and Willis both qualify for the NBA picking up some of their salary. If you have been in the NBA for five or more seasons you qualify. So...actually both would cost the Knicks the same...$745,046 for a min. contract.

The question is does Willis want to play for the Knicks?...and do we really want to spend $ on a guy who is most likely going to call it quits soon. Sundov might be terrible, but he has more potential in the 2-3 year range than Willis.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Sundov Back in New York!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy