[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: KP and Enes must step up today (vs Lakers)
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/13/2017  12:39 AM
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/13/2017  12:45 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/13/2017  4:13 AM
KP was in full unicorn mode tonight. Made some blunders and didn’t get some calls and still had an all time great game. Frankie is coming along nicely, 3 big games in a row. Beasley had a good all around game, maybe he didn’t smoke today. Lee and Mcdermott made it happen when we needed it. Great team win. Horny made the right calls in the lineup down the stretch. If our shots woulda stayed down we could have avoided such late drama but it was a great learning experience. Great game! Frankie balled up Lonzo, like I knew he would.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/13/2017  6:34 AM
martin wrote:

Next he has to show he can do it on their floor.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/13/2017  7:14 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:just tuned in - how's it goin boys?

mufug start game threads early. you gonna let gudris steal it?

We did get a W, so chill :D
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/13/2017  9:06 AM
That exchange in the 3rd quarter was priceless.

KP with the straight on 3.
Ball answers with a 3. (Don't think Frankie was in at this time)
Kanter hits a 2.
Ball gets a layup.
Kanter hits a lay in, splitting the D.
Ball hits a j.
KP hits another 3.

Also was nice to hear Beasely with the late scoring burst. Not sure why I want this guy to succeed here... maybe because he's been burned in effigy in some of the past few game threads..

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2017  9:42 AM
jrodmc wrote:That exchange in the 3rd quarter was priceless.

KP with the straight on 3.
Ball answers with a 3. (Don't think Frankie was in at this time)
Kanter hits a 2.
Ball gets a layup.
Kanter hits a lay in, splitting the D.
Ball hits a j.
KP hits another 3.

Also was nice to hear Beasely with the late scoring burst. Not sure why I want this guy to succeed here... maybe because he's been burned in effigy in some of the past few game threads..

yeah that run was a thrill. so great to see us hold our own in a gsw-type sequence. recent history had us down 12 after one of those.

beas' scoring was crucial for us. plus it allows kp some rest and we get to bring him in fresher in later stages of the game.

Marv
12/13/2017  9:46 AM
really important that kp has come back with these huge games after falling off for a stretch. pattern his first 2 years was being cooked for a long time after falling off a great start. this season appears to be breaking out of that pattern, returning to form quickly after the fall-off.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2017  10:10 AM
Marv wrote:really important that kp has come back with these huge games after falling off for a stretch. pattern his first 2 years was being cooked for a long time after falling off a great start. this season appears to be breaking out of that pattern, returning to form quickly after the fall-off.

Good point. It’s progress. Few times does a player just evolve in a straight progression. These guys are young and physical prime is still not achieved. I can’t recall a player to compare him to at that height.

Marv
12/13/2017  10:26 AM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:really important that kp has come back with these huge games after falling off for a stretch. pattern his first 2 years was being cooked for a long time after falling off a great start. this season appears to be breaking out of that pattern, returning to form quickly after the fall-off.

Good point. It’s progress. Few times does a player just evolve in a straight progression. These guys are young and physical prime is still not achieved. I can’t recall a player to compare him to at that height.

only one i would think of is sampson. so hyped out of college and so good initially for the rockets. then had that horrendous fall in a game where initially he thought he had gotten paralyzed. everything went downhill after that.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/13/2017  11:15 AM
martin wrote:
at what point do guys like hofstra realize that *maybe* he was worth the 8th pick?

KP carrying the scoring load and this coach continues to push all the right buttons. Jack gets 10 dimes early. Frank finishes and plays the whole 4th and OT and is fantastic and huge on defense (again). Jeff goes with Beas to get another scorer out there instead of Lance. Man he's got this crew playing hard.

Knicks are not a great team yet. If they have all their ponies running hard we can play with anyone... at home. This is still very much a work in progress but the progress is undeniable. Frank continues to grow game after game. KP changes so much on both ends of the court. I think you have so many possibilities for the future with those two anchoring a defense.

Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/13/2017  11:42 AM
Gudris wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

yeah we did but in OT, next time i want a nail biter i'll call you

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/13/2017  11:55 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
Next he has to show he can do it on their floor.
I’ll be at that game with my Lakers fan younger brother. Hopefully I don’t have to publicly rough him up after.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/13/2017  12:14 PM
fishmike wrote:Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

I can't figure out McD either. GREAT cutting without the ball for so many layups. Good but not great 3pt shooter. And he seems to miss some VERY wide open shots where you would expect a knock-down shooter to just bury them.

Awful midrange shooter.

Better than advertised D. Very solid team player.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/13/2017  12:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
at what point do guys like hofstra realize that *maybe* he was worth the 8th pick?

KP carrying the scoring load and this coach continues to push all the right buttons. Jack gets 10 dimes early. Frank finishes and plays the whole 4th and OT and is fantastic and huge on defense (again). Jeff goes with Beas to get another scorer out there instead of Lance. Man he's got this crew playing hard.

Knicks are not a great team yet. If they have all their ponies running hard we can play with anyone... at home. This is still very much a work in progress but the progress is undeniable. Frank continues to grow game after game. KP changes so much on both ends of the court. I think you have so many possibilities for the future with those two anchoring a defense.

Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

As some have mentioned...I know I always harp on it- Frank is almost like an infant by NBA standards in terms of his physical maturity, and he is coming from 3 years of predominantly system oriented ball where he was not a free wheeling PG...His game has more filling out to do than anyone in his draft, and you can see him growing, but he's already good enough to compete in this league, even with his limitations.

Going to be a lot of arguments about who teams chose in this draft, and it looks like it could be a good one, but it seems to me that Frank is looking like a player who could have been picked a little higher or a little lower...meaning he's a legit pick at 8.

Strangely enough, one of the guys I might taken before Frank, Isaac (I know he's hurt), has not played exceptionally well from what I've seen, and Fox, who was also on my list, has had some good games, but has clearly been up and down, and his shooting has been an issue. Tatum and Markkanen have been very good, but Fultz was so-so before his injury, and Jackson has not had the impact on Phoenix I was expecting him to have. Then you have Ball, who has had some moments, but is far from being the player Magic envisioned him being, especially as a team leader.

Just seems to me that some jumped the gun on criticizing Frenchy Frank...but that is to be expected around here.

As for McDermott, I think he's a keeper. In our type of offense he is perfect because he's always moving, and he gives you enough effort on D so that he's not a liability. I can see him as a spot starter, but I think he is better as your 6th man...and I could see him getting an award for it if he sticks around and we continue to improve.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/13/2017  12:31 PM
Zebo13 wrote:KP was in full unicorn mode tonight. Made some blunders and didn't get some calls and still had an all time great game. Frankie is coming along nicely, 3 big games in a row. Beasley had a good all around game, maybe he didn't smoke today. Lee and Mcdermott made it happen when we needed it. Great team win. Horny made the right calls in the lineup down the stretch. If our shots woulda stayed down we could have avoided such late drama but it was a great learning experience. Great game! Frankie balled up Lonzo, like I knew he would.

In the 4th and OT, Lonzo couldn't check Frank so Walton switched Ingram to cover Frank.

knickinthehead
Member: #7517

12/13/2017  12:43 PM
that was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen lately, It felt like a Playoff Game and coming out on top was The best case scenario!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/13/2017  12:50 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

I can't figure out McD either. GREAT cutting without the ball for so many layups. Good but not great 3pt shooter. And he seems to miss some VERY wide open shots where you would expect a knock-down shooter to just bury them.

Awful midrange shooter.

Better than advertised D. Very solid team player.

I think the constant movement and his defensive aggression is affecting his shot.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2017  12:54 PM
Walt, good points.
Lauri has been solid but the guards uneven. Issac would have been my choice even though we are good at the 4 for a while.
Tatum has been excellent but he is on a very good deep team! No doubt that helps. Fultz has been hurt. Philly just seems to muck up their picks. Its not easy.
Simmons is the early ROY, then Tatum.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/13/2017  4:04 PM
Gudris wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Winning over everything else. If Gudris can keep this up - I am good with it

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GameThread: KP and Enes must step up today (vs Lakers)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy