[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Kanter is showing up in crutches--why play?
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/13/2017  1:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:apparently he left in crutches too!

Doctors said he wouldn't injure himself further. He wanted to play. We won.

I don't see the issue!

Love this guy and this team. Totally reminds me a bit of the 1999 roster, and a bit of the Chaney knicks.

I love Kanter, and hope he stays long term. He is a winner.

exactly. Briggs and Bonn are stirring the drink but dont know what was poured. There are many injuries, starting with most everything in the bruising category that can be played through, its just gonna hurt.

I think its great. Its a .500 team that cant win on the road. This is how good culture is built. Its about a group of guys who all understand they need each other. If the team sits you they sit you, but if you can go you go. What Enes did lifted the team. If you have any block of time playing an organized team sport you should know this. Guys get hurt. When you see one of your teammates fighting through pain to do his part it makes you play better. You HAVE to play better. When you concentrate on playing better you do, and you get better. This is how the old "winning breeds winning" starts. We are on the precipice of that doorway, but we are certainly not there yet. Our foundation is shaky and our talent is OK, but both those things can grow.

We are getting there and Enes and his energy and team spirit are a big part of that. Jeff did a good job of limiting him as well. I thought it was inspiring. Pretty sure some of the other guys did also. Every game you fight with what you have. Now after being a Melo led team we are finally doing that and you guys are taking shots at the org for letting a guy play through pain? huh. Just a different perspective

The body always compensates for injury. Im not sure what the need is to play Kanter coming in on crutches when we have Noah Oquinn and Willy. It makes 0 sense--thats why you have depth. I think a smart organization would sit him--let him heal?

Your definition of depth includes Noah, who obviously can't do sheehit, and Willy, who's so degraded he'd probably pay good money to be -31 as a starter again? The narrative being sold is that this is not a tank year, but a 'rebuilding' year. Otherwise, why not just let Frank start and play until he becomes Clyde or flames out completely? This Perry guy is cagey, in a very non-Hinkie sort of way. Which is good to see.

And this whole crutches thing could be a requiem of the KrazyEyes effort in that turning point Utah game from the 50 win season. Good stuff. Especially if Kanter is looking for a nice payday come contract time.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/14/2017  9:15 AM
Enes Kanter is barely over 50 percent healthy with a sore back and hip. Yet the Knicks center wants to keep playing. Why?

The 2014-15 season.

He finished that season with the Thunder, who missed the playoffs through a tiebreaker with the Pelicans. So Kanter sees every game, even those in November and December, as important for the postseason.

There's your motivation. We have some young guys who's #1 thing is winning games and helping the team. I think Kantor's motor and desire make him a part for the next few years. His play under the basket aint bad either.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/14/2017  10:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
Enes Kanter is barely over 50 percent healthy with a sore back and hip. Yet the Knicks center wants to keep playing. Why?

The 2014-15 season.

He finished that season with the Thunder, who missed the playoffs through a tiebreaker with the Pelicans. So Kanter sees every game, even those in November and December, as important for the postseason.

There's your motivation. We have some young guys who's #1 thing is winning games and helping the team. I think Kantor's motor and desire make him a part for the next few years. His play under the basket aint bad either.

I hope you and the doctors are right that he's not making the injuries worse. I do admire his dedication. I think we can assume that if he got a big contract, he is not the kind of player who would slack off.
If Kanter is showing up in crutches--why play?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy