[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Kanter is showing up in crutches--why play?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/11/2017  4:18 PM
This is not exactly the 7th game of the finals? Why take a chance on much worse injury? He hasnt been playing well on top of it? Time to let Noah and Willy play for a 2-3 week period and let Kanter rest.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/11/2017  5:12 PM
Yeah Seriously?! An intelligent organization wouldn't let him play.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/11/2017  5:12 PM
Because he set an example of heart and soul..we are getting so use to guys sitting out just because their tired, let alone injured

If you notice how small we went yesterday with 6 9" beasly as our center before he fouled out. The hawks, and most of the league are perimeter oriented, willy and noah don't defend the 3 ball, so exactly would you play them in a must win game.

Im so over willy it's not even funny, he can't defend and is very lazy at times, it's almost grossed to watch how lazy he plays. Instead of closing out on a shooter, he puts his hand up 2 feet away on a feeble attempt to close out, it's the number one reason his nick name is "Pine Time"..lol

ES
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2017  6:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Because he set an example of heart and soul..we are getting so use to guys sitting out just because their tired, let alone injured

If you notice how small we went yesterday with 6 9" beasly as our center before he fouled out. The hawks, and most of the league are perimeter oriented, willy and noah don't defend the 3 ball, so exactly would you play them in a must win game.

Im so over willy it's not even funny, he can't defend and is very lazy at times, it's almost grossed to watch how lazy he plays. Instead of closing out on a shooter, he puts his hand up 2 feet away on a feeble attempt to close out, it's the number one reason his nick name is "Pine Time"..lol

There's a thin line between "heart" and "stupidity." We don't want our players crossing that line.
BRIGGS
12/11/2017  6:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Because he set an example of heart and soul..we are getting so use to guys sitting out just because their tired, let alone injured

There's a thin line between "heart" and "stupidity." We don't want our players crossing that line.

I dont see San Antonio playing him like that? I think our GM is more focused on his blog.

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/11/2017  11:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I dont see San Antonio playing him like that? I think our GM is more focused on his blog.

They building the culture... the team building is yet to start.
Fan base need a feel good stories to distract them from inevitable loosing.
He has his heap bumped and bad back. Sometimes with a bunch of painkillers it is better to move a little bit with this kind of bumps that seat idle.
Any moment he cannot play he will sit. WE are not playing Kanter a lot in second half anyways. His defense is not NBA level.
So let him be a hero. This is cool.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/12/2017  6:45 AM
With Melo gone, the character of this team has changed.
Not that Melo was someone who was a bad locker room guy, he just didn't bring a sense of leadership and togetherness on the court for the team. His selfish play infected others to play the same way, unless it was a point forward version of Melo, which you never really got on a consistent basis.

Kanter, who is our main trade asset to show for Melo, is the exact opposite. He is a pure character guy. He brings the team together and he is making the little things happen that set the table up for better teamwork on the court. He will fight for you (Look at Lebron vs Frank). He will set hard picks for you. He will not whine if you don't give him the ball. He will fight hard for the rebound.

Should he sit out games in this scenario? Yes. However this year's team is a different group. They were supposed to win no more than 20 games. They'll probably end up with 35. You like the character and culture that is being built now. You want to keep building on this moving forward by adding more talented players.

You look at OKC, it's the exact opposite. They had the talent to be a 55 win team. They're struggling to get to 41. That's the effect of team chemistry.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/12/2017  7:57 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:With Melo gone, the character of this team has changed.
Not that Melo was someone who was a bad locker room guy, he just didn't bring a sense of leadership and togetherness on the court for the team. His selfish play infected others to play the same way, unless it was a point forward version of Melo, which you never really got on a consistent basis.

Kanter, who is our main trade asset to show for Melo, is the exact opposite. He is a pure character guy. He brings the team together and he is making the little things happen that set the table up for better teamwork on the court. He will fight for you (Look at Lebron vs Frank). He will set hard picks for you. He will not whine if you don't give him the ball. He will fight hard for the rebound.

Should he sit out games in this scenario? Yes. However this year's team is a different group. They were supposed to win no more than 20 games. They'll probably end up with 35. You like the character and culture that is being built now. You want to keep building on this moving forward by adding more talented players.

You look at OKC, it's the exact opposite. They had the talent to be a 55 win team. They're struggling to get to 41. That's the effect of team chemistry.

+1

Hmmm team chemistry? Who would've thunk it! NY's is better and OKC is worse. HOw could that be? They got the best talent in the deal??!!

So HAPPY he is gone. Did I mention that before?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/12/2017  8:44 AM
apparently he left in crutches too!

Doctors said he wouldn't injure himself further. He wanted to play. We won.

I don't see the issue!

Love this guy and this team. Totally reminds me a bit of the 1999 roster, and a bit of the Chaney knicks.

I love Kanter, and hope he stays long term. He is a winner.

Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  8:59 AM
franco12 wrote:apparently he left in crutches too!

Doctors said he wouldn't injure himself further.

That doesn't even pass the laugh test. I'm curious what the source of that claim is. It doesn't sound plausible. If last game was the first time he showed up in crutches, obviously it is getting worse.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/12/2017  9:13 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Doctors said he wouldn't injure himself further.

That doesn't even pass the laugh test. I'm curious what the source of that claim is. It doesn't sound plausible. If last game was the first time he showed up in crutches, obviously it is getting worse.

A lot of it i'm sure he was stiffening up when he wasn't on the court. If he can get himself loose and play with reasonable comfort, i don't see an issue. But obviously after the game he will stiffen up and be sore to the point where he can't walk. A lot of us have been there before. It's like 2 different worlds between being loose and being stiff to that extent.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/12/2017  9:52 AM

I don't see the issue!

Love this guy and this team. Totally reminds me a bit of the 1999 roster, and a bit of the Chaney knicks.

exactly. Briggs and Bonn are stirring the drink but dont know what was poured. There are many injuries, starting with most everything in the bruising category that can be played through, its just gonna hurt.

I think its great. Its a .500 team that cant win on the road. This is how good culture is built. Its about a group of guys who all understand they need each other. If the team sits you they sit you, but if you can go you go. What Enes did lifted the team. If you have any block of time playing an organized team sport you should know this. Guys get hurt. When you see one of your teammates fighting through pain to do his part it makes you play better. You HAVE to play better. When you concentrate on playing better you do, and you get better. This is how the old "winning breeds winning" starts. We are on the precipice of that doorway, but we are certainly not there yet. Our foundation is shaky and our talent is OK, but both those things can grow.

We are getting there and Enes and his energy and team spirit are a big part of that. Jeff did a good job of limiting him as well. I thought it was inspiring. Pretty sure some of the other guys did also. Every game you fight with what you have. Now after being a Melo led team we are finally doing that and you guys are taking shots at the org for letting a guy play through pain? huh. Just a different perspective

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
12/12/2017  10:00 AM
fishmike wrote:

I don't see the issue!

exactly. Briggs and Bonn are stirring the drink but dont know what was poured. There are many injuries, starting with most everything in the bruising category that can be played through, its just gonna hurt.

I think its great. Its a .500 team that cant win on the road. This is how good culture is built. Its about a group of guys who all understand they need each other. If the team sits you they sit you, but if you can go you go. What Enes did lifted the team. If you have any block of time playing an organized team sport you should know this. Guys get hurt. When you see one of your teammates fighting through pain to do his part it makes you play better. You HAVE to play better. When you concentrate on playing better you do, and you get better. This is how the old "winning breeds winning" starts. We are on the precipice of that doorway, but we are certainly not there yet. Our foundation is shaky and our talent is OK, but both those things can grow.

We are getting there and Enes and his energy and team spirit are a big part of that. Jeff did a good job of limiting him as well. I thought it was inspiring. Pretty sure some of the other guys did also. Every game you fight with what you have. Now after being a Melo led team we are finally doing that and you guys are taking shots at the org for letting a guy play through pain? huh. Just a different perspective

The body always compensates for injury. Im not sure what the need is to play Kanter coming in on crutches when we have Noah Oquinn and Willy. It makes 0 sense--thats why you have depth. I think a smart organization would sit him--let him heal?

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:

I don't see the issue!

So this is a common thing for athletes to come on crutches and play? Who has done it before?
I've always believed if the body tightens up, it's because it needs you to rest and recover. That's it's way of asking you to please not overwork it. The body doesn't tighten up just by accident.
fishmike
USA
12/12/2017  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I don't see the issue!

The body always compensates for injury. Im not sure what the need is to play Kanter coming in on crutches when we have Noah Oquinn and Willy. It makes 0 sense--thats why you have depth. I think a smart organization would sit him--let him heal?

seriously is this so hard to understand? Kanter says doc, can I play? Doc says you are not in danger of reinjuring yourself, but why not wait till the pain subsides? Kanter says doc, because I want to play. Doc says have a good game.

But yea Mr Internet Message Board Genius and Real American Hero.... do tell us all how this is clearly an example of a poor organization. Carry on.zzzzzzzz

fishmike
USA
12/12/2017  11:05 AM
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/enes-kanter-plays-through-pain-1.15408630

He took a knee to the hip. Its a bruise. Im sure its black and blue and nasty. The crutches surely take pressure off while he walks so it doesnt hurt. If he took a knee to the same spot, literally the same injury it would only hurt more, but cause no more damage than the first time.

I mean all the good stuff going on with this team and this gets harped on? Lame dude. Hey... think Frank should go to the d league?

Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  11:16 AM
fishmike wrote:

I don't see the issue!

exactly. Briggs and Bonn are stirring the drink but dont know what was poured.

No one knows what was poured. How do you know exactly what the doctor said? And what is this doctor's track record anyway?
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/12/2017  5:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I don't see the issue!

So this is a common thing for athletes to come on crutches and play? Who has done it before?
I've always believed if the body tightens up, it's because it needs you to rest and recover. That's it's way of asking you to please not overwork it. The body doesn't tighten up just by accident.

Regardless, if you see you teammate going to war despite being injured, it just shows you a dedicated soldier. kanter is cut from a different cloth, his personality and heart fits so perfect for NYC.

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/12/2017  5:41 PM
fishmike wrote:https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/enes-kanter-plays-through-pain-1.15408630

He took a knee to the hip. Its a bruise. Im sure its black and blue and nasty. The crutches surely take pressure off while he walks so it doesnt hurt. If he took a knee to the same spot, literally the same injury it would only hurt more, but cause no more damage than the first time.

I mean all the good stuff going on with this team and this gets harped on? Lame dude. Hey... think Frank should go to the d league?

I do want to put out a slight caveat - our medical staff have a terrible track record - and recent history - he could have a broken hip bone.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/12/2017  5:57 PM
This is a culture we want to get back to...
http://www.nba.com/history/reedwins_moments.html
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
If Kanter is showing up in crutches--why play?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy