[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Unless there is a taker for Noah by deadline
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/10/2017  10:11 AM
We should see what we can get for Kanter.

We simply have too much $ allocated at 5. Open up the cap space--see if we can get a pick and ending contract

Lee Kanter Noah and Oquinn should all be firmly on the block as of game 25--were not winning crp--were 1-8 on the road and -7 H away for games played.

GS puts cheap C in place and gets great results--so does SA. We cant have 45mm at the C.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/10/2017  10:30 AM
Sad to say but yes...

Only thing though... golden State and San Antonio are putting out 4 athletic and skilled guys around the center spot. They only need a live body there to be successful. You can't compare KP, Lee, THJr and Jack to green, Durant, curry and Thompson.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/10/2017  10:51 AM
Dont want want to give up a pick for Noah. In part because Im curious to see what Gaines does post-Phil, without having to tailor his pick to what his old boss wanted.

Believe Noah can be very helpful in a playoff situation (provided we get there), and this logjam gives the Knicks the "luxury" of resting Noah and increasing his minutes near the end of the season. Pretty sure Noah can go all out for a short stretch here and there, and give us some quality minutes. Noah's days getting major minutes are over.

Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

12/10/2017  11:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We should see what we can get for Kanter.

We simply have too much $ allocated at 5. Open up the cap space--see if we can get a pick and ending contract

Lee Kanter Noah and Oquinn should all be firmly on the block as of game 25--were not winning crp--were 1-8 on the road and -7 H away for games played.

GS puts cheap C in place and gets great results--so does SA. We cant have 45mm at the C.

KP needs a center that can score in the post and rebound like a fiend. Kanter checks a number of the boxes to maximize KP. Unless we can get Draymond Green somehow Kanter si the best we can do for now
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2017  11:35 AM
Are you planning to actually play Noah then? KOQ starts at center and we pay him big money over the off-season (though less than Kanter)?
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/10/2017  11:58 AM
KP doesn't have that hot start if Kanter wasn't there. Kanter actually is a future piece, Noah and Oquinn are not.
Bonn1997
USA
12/10/2017  12:00 PM
knickscity wrote:KP doesn't have that hot start if Kanter wasn't there. Kanter actually is a future piece, Noah and Oquinn are not.

I'm not sure what to make of KP's hot start. I haven't looked at the #s carefully but I seem to remember him having great starts each year and then falling off. I'm not sure if it's a durability issue or just a coincidence.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/10/2017  12:04 PM
Perry said Noah is doing the right things and that he will play at some point. Could be referencing a trade of KOQ OR Kanter. I’ve been wanting to see Noah get some time.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/10/2017  12:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:KP doesn't have that hot start if Kanter wasn't there. Kanter actually is a future piece, Noah and Oquinn are not.

I'm not sure what to make of KP's hot start. I haven't looked at the #s carefully but I seem to remember him having great starts each year and then falling off. I'm not sure if it's a durability issue or just a coincidence.

The all around game that KP showed early in the season, isnt there. You're just the man to ask. How much less is he posting up, numbers wise? Because Im seeing a lot less of it. Looks like KP is reverting back to his old game, maybe out of habit.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/10/2017  12:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

The all around game that KP showed early in the season, isnt there. You're just the man to ask. How much less is he posting up, numbers wise? Because Im seeing a lot less of it. Looks like KP is reverting back to his old game, maybe out of habit.

That is a great question. I would love to know the numbers on that. I also think his elbow injury might have him avoiding contact a bit. He said earlier in the season that he needs surgery on his elbow. It's too bad because he bulked up this offseason. I would think surgery on his elbow would impede his offseason conditioning.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/10/2017  1:27 PM
Briggs I agree to an extent. I’m not sure it’s in the leagues interest to only continue absoft game no hand checking and limited use of a 5. In fact, with Embiid and the Utah 5, Gasol, Boogie etc., I am pro 5. I’ve said that KOQ, Lee, Noah and Kanter need be tested however GSW have superior shootinf and Durant. Their centers are defensive minded and board. Not much better than Robin Lopez who was +7 to Kanter -12. Find Ayers/Begley or Bamba- someone who won’t allow guards to treat us like a conga line to the hoop and you’ve to contend with Phili and Boston for years. Having just a soft Center defensively ain’t gonna cut it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/10/2017  1:34 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Don't care so much about, but I'd like to see his mid-range #s. He was effective catching the ball on the move, quickly going into his move and going up. I don't see those clean cuts as much. I'm sure some of it is due to the fact that defenses aren't respecting Dotson as much as THJ.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
USA
12/10/2017  1:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2017  1:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

That is a great question. I would love to know the numbers on that. I also think his elbow injury might have him avoiding contact a bit. He said earlier in the season that he needs surgery on his elbow. It's too bad because he bulked up this offseason. I would think surgery on his elbow would impede his offseason conditioning.

I don't have the numbers on that. A quick look at the #s makes it clear his game went way downhill right after he came back from the elbow injury, though. He was putting up 30 to 40 point games on like 15 to 20 shots before the injury. In the 7 games before the injury, he shot 85 for 156 (.545%). Since, he has shot 79 for 195 (.405%).

I really wonder if the organization is being impatient with his healing and is doing him long-term harm. Look at what an intelligent organization like the Rockets does: Chris Paul gets injured in game 1. They let him take a month off and he looks back to normal right away when he returns. They gave him time to fully heal. It didn't faze them that he missed 14 of the first 15 games. His long-term health is what really mattered. KP has multiple injuries and they gave him 1 game off. Then he comes back and looks like half the player he was.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2017  2:17 PM
Briggs reacts to a bad loss against a team that got one of its starters back and is playing better.
we are a very bad road team. Does that mean we won't improve? Can't see what we don't know. This team because it has not played but 9 away games has opportunity to grow and get better.
One can see the glass half full, which is we a good home team. After a 0-3 start isn't that good? So Nalod won't prescribe to the game of the day event to extrapolate that into the future because things can change.
Briggs contention is Kanter gets big money and opts out. Could be. If so its better to trade him but at the same time his salary falls off and we get an opportunity to sign someone else we might prefer? I don't know.
Just cuz I don't know don't mean it can't be. Good teams let players walk all the time and seem to improve moving forward.
Perry is on record saying we don't buy out Noah, which seems awful because we have not seen him play.

Next week free agents can be traded and teams with about one third of the season gone can address needs and injuries. KOQ been good, Kanter been great and Willy not showing much. Did knnicks fail (This season, not forever) willy or willy fail the knicks???

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/10/2017  4:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2017  4:23 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

KP needs a center that can score in the post and rebound like a fiend. Kanter checks a number of the boxes to maximize KP. Unless we can get Draymond Green somehow Kanter si the best we can do for now

...with Willy Hernangomez sitting on the bench, only being owed $2 million for this and next season? I disagree. I like Kanter but he is a misutilization of resources.

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

12/10/2017  4:33 PM
I agree and think we should take the best available trades for Kanter and O'Quinn. As BRIGGS suggested, we should not be breaking the bank at the center position considering how irrelevant it has become. I understand that Kanter and O'Quinn might be two of the better players on the team but given the market realities, moving Joakim Noah would require an asset to move and Willy is too good a contract to ditch; not to mention that KP should be getting minutes at the position as well. If I had my way, I'd have Willy start, shift KP there when Willy sits and only play Noah if either of the aforementioned get into foul trouble.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/10/2017  4:36 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I don't have the numbers on that. A quick look at the #s makes it clear his game went way downhill right after he came back from the elbow injury, though. He was putting up 30 to 40 point games on like 15 to 20 shots before the injury. In the 7 games before the injury, he shot 85 for 156 (.545%). Since, he has shot 79 for 195 (.405%).

I really wonder if the organization is being impatient with his healing and is doing him long-term harm. Look at what an intelligent organization like the Rockets does: Chris Paul gets injured in game 1. They let him take a month off and he looks back to normal right away when he returns. They gave him time to fully heal. It didn't faze them that he missed 14 of the first 15 games. His long-term health is what really mattered. KP has multiple injuries and they gave him 1 game off. Then he comes back and looks like half the player he was.

interesting point about giving him time to just heal. I believe I read somewhere that Hardaway might have done further damage to his stress fracture playing through injuries.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

12/10/2017  5:12 PM
Not trading Kanter unless he wants $$$$...which Perry will know beforehand...It says something that you have a player that takes pride in being a Knick...this is the whole reason for the culture change that Mills and Perry are embarking on...short of getting a top 5 or 101 pick I am not trading him...if you trade him it will be a salary match and you have to take some longterm dollars on.....for what a pick 15-30...no thanks...
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/10/2017  5:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

interesting point about giving him time to just heal. I believe I read somewhere that Hardaway might have done further damage to his stress fracture playing through injuries.

Our management has always sucked when it comes to injuries - but I doubt KP would like to sit around as long as CP3 has. The age difference would account for why CP3 would welcome caution and KP would welcome indiscretion.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Member: #599
USA
12/10/2017  5:34 PM

At the beginning of the season, I agreed 100%.

However, how do you trade Kanter if we are in the 8th seed, even in spite of our horrible play on the road- which will surely improve assuming we stay healthy?

A GM would be shot for suggesting that kind of move. Maybe if you are a small market team looking to cut costs- but not in the NBA and not in NYC.

Unless there is a taker for Noah by deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy