[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Another out of control cop
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/8/2017  6:53 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-shows-daniel-shaver-sobbing-and-begging-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/

i mean wtf.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/8/2017  7:48 PM
They need to prevent cops from using actual rounds. Rubber bullets and tazers should be all they need/use anyway.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  8:40 PM
The real problem is the so called "self defense" argument. Basically any movement by an innocent person scared ****less can be construed intentionally to be cause of "threat". And the racist fukks keep getting away with murder.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/9/2017  1:15 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:The real problem is the so called "self defense" argument. Basically any movement by an innocent person scared ****less can be construed intentionally to be cause of "threat". And the racist fukks keep getting away with murder.

in this case it was not racist, it was more...i have the gun and i love using it and not restraining myself

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/9/2017  5:13 AM
Let’s see how many people stick up for him. It’s a combination of a cop who’s scared and also way over the top. He could’ve diffused situation by simply saying by on ground. Instead he made a drunk man follow orders that had probability of failing. Now also in some fairness the guy went for his pocket and if any of us pretend to know the situation or what the cop was thinking- that’s not right either. I’m not sure how the guy had two rifles pointed at him on the ground— the story doesn’t tell you this? If you stick up for one person then you should stick up for all
RIP Crushalot😞
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/9/2017  7:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  7:45 AM
Stress level for cops in USA are 100x than in normal countries, there is 30 people shot dead in USA every day, the same amount that in europe per year. Every idiot in USA can have a gun. In my country if i want to shoot someone today, i have no idea where can i get a gun. USA civilians have more guns than rest of a world together. In England regular cops don't have a guns, only special forces
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
12/9/2017  9:53 AM
NardDogNation wrote:They need to prevent cops from using actual rounds. Rubber bullets and tazers should be all they need/use anyway.

What a foolish statement. I can see how someone who has never exposed themselves to physical danger in service of anything would regurgitate such silliness

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/9/2017  10:06 AM
Dont care what line of work a person is in. You will find people who have no business being in that profession.

Better screening to weed out unqualified applicants (including cops with a documented history of bad behavior with other depts) Better training, increased counseling for officers, who deal with the stressful situations that cops face every day, would be a good idea.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/9/2017  10:17 AM
Only thing we need is for justice to be served.... these cops just get to go back to work. That's not cool. At my job I can get fired for simply taking out my cell phone to check the time. Cops have a better chance getting suspended for that same infraction that killing someone in Cold blood
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
izybx
USA
12/9/2017  10:48 AM
EnySpree wrote:Only thing we need is for justice to be served.... these cops just get to go back to work. That's not cool. At my job I can get fired for simply taking out my cell phone to check the time. Cops have a better chance getting suspended for that same infraction that killing someone in Cold blood

Just the handful you know about. Dozens and dozens of cops are fired every year in NYPD alone. These are in the media because they are controversial

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/9/2017  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  11:14 AM
izybx wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Only thing we need is for justice to be served.... these cops just get to go back to work. That's not cool. At my job I can get fired for simply taking out my cell phone to check the time. Cops have a better chance getting suspended for that same infraction that killing someone in Cold blood

Just the handful you know about. Dozens and dozens of cops are fired every year in NYPD alone. These are in the media because they are controversial

He is calling for justice, what relevance does the number of cops being fired in NYPD has to that?
They could fire their entire workforce, does that mean innocent people being murdered by cops should no longer get justice?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/9/2017  11:14 AM
I could understand the caution of the cop, but not the eagerness to want to kill him. Someone called the police claiming that this dude was sticking a gun out of his hotel window. After that latest shooting in Vegas its understandable the type of caution used. But he should be able to also identify the situation.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/9/2017  11:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Let’s see how many people stick up for him. It’s a combination of a cop who’s scared and also way over the top. He could’ve diffused situation by simply saying by on ground. Instead he made a drunk man follow orders that had probability of failing. Now also in some fairness the guy went for his pocket and if any of us pretend to know the situation or what the cop was thinking- that’s not right either. I’m not sure how the guy had two rifles pointed at him on the ground— the story doesn’t tell you this? If you stick up for one person then you should stick up for all

Its best if you stay out of these topics. Even this comment has some coded language.

Let’s see how many people stick up for him
If you stick up for one person then you should stick up for all

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
izybx
USA
12/9/2017  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  11:51 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
izybx wrote:

He is calling for justice, what relevance does the number of cops being fired in NYPD has to that?
They could fire their entire workforce, does that mean innocent people being murdered by cops should no longer get justice?

In the end of the day situations like this come down to judgement calls that are made in a split second. Have you ever had to make one? No, so before you jump up and down on your soapbox to show how good of a person you are try to see both perspectives.

cops have the right to use deadly physical force in situations where they believe the potential for someone to receive a serious physical injury or death is present. An call of an armed man that leads to him suddenly reaching for his waistband puts a cop in a tough spot. What is he doing? Is he going for a gun? Is he pulling up his shorts? The wrong decision could lead to you getting killed, or it could lead to you being thrown to the mob. Have you seen videos where cops are suddenly shot to death in the blink of an eye? Where you might watch for your amusement a cop sees a situation that could potentially happen to him. It's a dangerous job, and people you deal with want to kill you. So reconcile that with your wokeness

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/9/2017  1:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  1:59 PM
A really upsetting video to watch. Cop was clearly on a power trip leading up to the shooting (which escalated the situation), poor victim was terrified- when you're that scared it's really hard to function or follow instructions clearly. I think you can say the cop made the split second decision and it might have been a reflex, but for me what he did before that point created the situation and that's why he deserves jail time.
GustavBahler

12/9/2017  2:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:A really upsetting video to watch. Cop was clearly on a power trip leading up to the shooting (which escalated the situation), poor victim was terrified- when you're that scared it's really hard to function or follow instructions clearly. I think you can say the cop made the split second decision and it might have been a reflex, but for me what he did before that point created the situation and that's why he deserves jail time.

The cop had cover, and an AR. If that isnt enough.....

Gudris
Member: #6213

12/9/2017  2:08 PM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/9/2017  2:32 PM
Gudris wrote:

Yes part of United States is horrible. True. Guns sck I hate guns

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

12/9/2017  2:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

Yes part of United States is horrible. True. Guns sck I hate guns

Thank the NRA

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/9/2017  2:47 PM
That was awful. Not sure how that guy got off.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
OT: Another out of control cop

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy