[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lavar is a bad dad....
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/21/2017  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2017  11:34 AM
blkexec wrote:
JesseDark wrote:I saw a report that Lavar is planning on starting a league for guys who don't want to go to college. Now that could be a move that I support. He can't exploit them any worst than the NCAA can.

And they thought this man was crazy.

He used that to gain followers, along with his boys. I bet he's now surrounded by guys with similar motivations.

This is exactly what I was talking about. He's developing a brand that will be hard to go away, and something his kids and their kids would benefit from.

This is better than going overseas right now. You get 4 yrs in prison for sending the wrong tweet or stealing glasses. I wouldn't want my kids to be in that environment. I rather they stay local.

Gotta love the hustle!

So...the NBA already has a developmental league financially sponsored by a major corporation and teams with direct ties to NBA teams and backed by the NBA's billions of dollars. Lavar is going to start his own league. If I'm a player with NBA potential with have no interest in college, which option am I going to choose?

He can start this league if he wants but it's gonna be filled with players who aren't that good. This isn't a new idea and it's been tried before a number of times...and failed. Heck the D-league/G-league would fail if it weren't backed by the NBA billions and turning a profit wasn't necessary.

You guys need to stop jumping on everything that comes out of that dude's mouth. There are a lot of broke "hustlers" walking the streets. Keep dreaming Lavar!

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/25/2018  4:36 PM
definitely a bad dad... the show is all about him:

Angry LaVar Ball abruptly pulls sons out of Lithuania

by Brian Lewis

After feuding with his sons’ coach, LaVar Ball took his boys and went home.

Again.

As if this was ever going to end any other way.

LaVar Ball yanked his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo out of Lithuania with two LKL games left in the season, according to local journalist Donatas Urbonas. And as almost anyone could have predicted going in, the issue was a spat with BC Vytautas head coach Virginijus Seskus.

With Vytautas still fighting to avoid relegation — imagine the Yankees or Mets getting demoted to Triple-A, or the Knicks or Nets banished to playing in the G-League — Urbonas tweeted that the “reality show” is over, and the Ball brothers are leaving Lithuania next week.

“We’re not going to waste our time no more,” LaVar said. Urbonas reported that the Ball patriarch had no issue with Lithuania, the citizens or the team, but that the move was made because “I just didn’t get along with the coach.”

Just like the eldest Ball had taken shots at Lakers coach Luke Walton for his management of his son Lonzo, a rookie in Los Angeles. And just like he had pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA, after he’d already been suspended indefinitely for being accused of shoplifting while in China. And just like he had pulled LaMelo from Chino Hills (Calif.) High School over battles with the coach.

LiAngelo was one of the top scorers in the LKL, averaging a team-high 14.2 points in a dozen games while shooting 44 percent from the field and 44 percent from 3-point range. But he’d missed time due to a recent ankle injury.

Meanwhile, 16-year-old LaMelo had been mustering just 6.5 points in 12 minutes per game, hitting on 26.8 percent from the floor. His playing time had largely been limited to Big Baller Brand exhibition games against lesser foes. Now, both of their futures are cloudy (or cloudier).

While LiAngelo has declared for the NBA draft, and insists he views himself as a starting shooting guard in the NBA, he’s unlikely to get drafted. He’ll compete in the Professional Basketball Combine next month at IMG Academy, but that’s not viewed in the same light as even the Portsmouth Invitational, much less the NBA Combine in Chicago.

Considering the sideshow and chaos that the Ball family brings, convincing a top European team to put up with the distraction seems unlikely. That’s how they ended up in Lithuania in the first place. And LaMelo isn’t even eligible to get drafted for another two years. He’s back in the same team-less limbo he was in when his father yanked him out of Chino Hills. Notice a pattern here?

https://nypost.com/2018/04/25/angry-lavar-ball-abruptly-pulls-sons-out-of-lithuania/

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2018  9:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:definitely a bad dad... the show is all about him:

Angry LaVar Ball abruptly pulls sons out of Lithuania

by Brian Lewis

After feuding with his sons’ coach, LaVar Ball took his boys and went home.

Again.

As if this was ever going to end any other way.

LaVar Ball yanked his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo out of Lithuania with two LKL games left in the season, according to local journalist Donatas Urbonas. And as almost anyone could have predicted going in, the issue was a spat with BC Vytautas head coach Virginijus Seskus.

With Vytautas still fighting to avoid relegation — imagine the Yankees or Mets getting demoted to Triple-A, or the Knicks or Nets banished to playing in the G-League — Urbonas tweeted that the “reality show” is over, and the Ball brothers are leaving Lithuania next week.

“We’re not going to waste our time no more,” LaVar said. Urbonas reported that the Ball patriarch had no issue with Lithuania, the citizens or the team, but that the move was made because “I just didn’t get along with the coach.”

Just like the eldest Ball had taken shots at Lakers coach Luke Walton for his management of his son Lonzo, a rookie in Los Angeles. And just like he had pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA, after he’d already been suspended indefinitely for being accused of shoplifting while in China. And just like he had pulled LaMelo from Chino Hills (Calif.) High School over battles with the coach.

LiAngelo was one of the top scorers in the LKL, averaging a team-high 14.2 points in a dozen games while shooting 44 percent from the field and 44 percent from 3-point range. But he’d missed time due to a recent ankle injury.

Meanwhile, 16-year-old LaMelo had been mustering just 6.5 points in 12 minutes per game, hitting on 26.8 percent from the floor. His playing time had largely been limited to Big Baller Brand exhibition games against lesser foes. Now, both of their futures are cloudy (or cloudier).

While LiAngelo has declared for the NBA draft, and insists he views himself as a starting shooting guard in the NBA, he’s unlikely to get drafted. He’ll compete in the Professional Basketball Combine next month at IMG Academy, but that’s not viewed in the same light as even the Portsmouth Invitational, much less the NBA Combine in Chicago.

Considering the sideshow and chaos that the Ball family brings, convincing a top European team to put up with the distraction seems unlikely. That’s how they ended up in Lithuania in the first place. And LaMelo isn’t even eligible to get drafted for another two years. He’s back in the same team-less limbo he was in when his father yanked him out of Chino Hills. Notice a pattern here?

https://nypost.com/2018/04/25/angry-lavar-ball-abruptly-pulls-sons-out-of-lithuania/

What an f'n clown...and I doubt if he realizes that he is hurting his kids and making their lives tougher, wherever they play.

He is what Trump would have been like if he had been the father of 3 kids who (he) wanted to be NBA players.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/22/2018  12:12 PM
Lavar is definitely a bad dad
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
WaltLongmire

6/22/2018  1:55 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Lavar is definitely a bad dad

And I'll say the same thing I said about your last Ball post... He seems to be clueless about how he is hurting his kids...time for this fool to stand down and step back...Let his kids alone and maybe they develop, but as long as he's a major part of their lives, they will underachieve.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Juliano
Member: #7589

6/22/2018  2:09 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

And I'll say the same thing I said about your last Ball post... He seems to be clueless about how he is hurting his kids...time for this fool to stand down and step back...Let his kids alone and maybe they develop, but as long as he's a major part of their lives, they will underachieve.

I don't think he has the intelligence to realize it. He probably never got over his failed pro sports career and he wants to live it through his kids, he seems to relish the attention so much it clouds everything else. Sad for his kids.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2018  2:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Wrong....His son got drafted #2 overall because his dad has been a major part of their lives. This is why we have this thread. This is why we still talk about them. The Dad is the biggest reason for his sons success, whether you agree or disagree. Without the Dad, I don't know if his son would've been drafted, let alone a lottery pick.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire

6/22/2018  2:26 PM
blkexec wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Wrong....His son got drafted #2 overall because his dad has been a major part of their lives. This is why we have this thread. This is why we still talk about them. The Dad is the biggest reason for his sons success, whether you agree or disagree. Without the Dad, I don't know if his son would've been drafted, let alone a lottery pick.

How do you know he wouldn't have developed better as a player without his father?

What has he done for his other kids, so far? Maybe he was lucky with Lonzo.

You are talking about hype, but he let his kid develop a shooting form that was sub-par, and he doesn't seem to have the toughness you want in a player.

His FT % was about 45%...his 3pt shooting was worse than Frank's. He is also a sub-par defender despite the steals he had.

Maybe he improves...who knows. But getting drafted at #2 is not an athletic achievement, as much as it was a public relations achievement, and if he has another season like he did his rookie year...if he doesn't make the right improvements to his game, you will see his star fade no matter what his father says or does.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/22/2018  3:00 PM
blkexec wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I disagree a million percent. Being involved, coaching etc. that's one thing

Acting like a Kardashian with all sorts of foolish boasts, coach-trashing etc. is pure clown act and it puts the kids in a terrible position

(5)(5)
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/22/2018  4:25 PM
He's a bad Dad because everything is about him. Listen to him talk about his wife's stroke. Even that is about him.
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/22/2018  5:38 PM
I don't think he's a bad dad. I think he's a bad agent for his kids.
Lavar is a bad dad....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy