[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lavar is a bad dad....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2017  12:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't understand why you're walking back your comments. He is a bad dad. He's making this more about him than his kids. His middle son is a scrub and would have been playing at UCLA after Christmas break. I know Lavar wants to live vicariously through his sons, but can someone please tell me how his bpy is better off losing his eligibility and UCLA degree to play for a coach who doesn't speak English? and for a team that reportedly won't pay its players next year? That situation sounds lousy. And how does that situation help his youngest? He's 16 years old and going to a town of 10,000 where he's going to be completely isolated.

Lavar is no better Lindsay Lohan's mom... Lavar makes the Kardashians look stable

I walked it back to "Bad sports dad", which is a "Bad stage mom". No evidence kids are battered mentally or crushed. There are plenty of bad dads that have produced pro athletes but the kids grew to be train wrecks and mal adjusted men. Lonzo by all accounts seems pretty chill about it all. If he is successful he has a good chance of growing into it. To put three kids in the NBA is rare. Genetics play a big role. Lavar has to deal with it not for himself but the one that does not make could get crushed by it. Because of that it was my ire that his actions with them of late, pulling them out of school was not a good idea.
Even last nite, putting those two young men on stage on the front row with those expectations is crushing. Lavar was a tool to stand and bask in the glory of the moment and rise up as if he himself had the adoration of 19,000 cheering fans.
His celebrity on the back of his son is disturbing. Not the love he might feel. Not the love he pours when the cameras are on.
That an act to promote BBB? Only reality is when the lakers are playing, or when he pulls his kids off of teams.
Anybody know what Lavar did for a living before his Son signed a pro contract?

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/13/2017  12:30 PM
Stephen A. Smith today said he took exception to NBA fans calling Lavar Ball "obnoxious". When you disrespect your son's coaches to the degree he has, I believe that qualifies. Smart enough to know it doesn't make that coach's job any easier, but it does help build the Ball brand.

Ball trying to build a brand is the Amercican way. Nothing wrong with having your children help you build your brand. Worked well (at times) for great musical families of all genres. It should be built on more than what he is selling, which is trying to upstage basketball lifers, who are putting their time in the game.

If his son LiAngelo isnt cut out for pro ball, he should consider encouraging him to go back and get a marketing degree, if his son is interested in being part of promoting the brand. Lavar is going to have to get kids to buy in, and Ball (like many of us here) isnt getting any younger. LOL. Maybe learn how to make attention grabbing commercials. Better than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If LiAngelo's ceiling doesnt reach to the NBA.

If Lavar Ball really wants to be a player he should find a way to get a license to sell graphene soled shoes. Supposed to be revolutionary in its strength, and durability.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2017  12:54 PM
When you are saying things as “Well he is around for his kids” and “He is involved in their lives”, I tend to believe you have very low standards for a dad. A good father needs to make good decisions that is best for his kids. Taking “Melo” out of HS and home schooling him, so he can be involved in a better basketball situation is a HORRIBLE decision. Pulling your adult son out of college so that he can play professionally over-seas, while not getting paid is horrible. Making one of your sons move overseas to a country to play for a man who speaks no English, AFTER he commited a crime overseas, while not being willing to move their himself is horrible parenting. Yes, getting a good experience is good. Yes, tough love, in the right doses, can also be good. His parenting doesn’t really show any examples of either though.

Bad dad.

I haven’t even spoken about how he has dealt with Lonzo. And I haven’t even mentioned how he was totally fine with his son (I believe it was Melo) saying “Beat that n-word” on Monday Night Raw (A PG show) on a live mic, in front of a live crowd and tv audience, which was absolutely not part of the script.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
12/13/2017  12:58 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:When you are saying things as “Well he is around for his kids” and “He is involved in their lives”, I tend to believe you have very low standards for a dad. A good father needs to make good decisions that is best for his kids. Taking “Melo” out of HS and home schooling him, so he can be involved in a better basketball situation is a HORRIBLE decision. Pulling your adult son out of college so that he can play professionally over-seas, while not getting paid is horrible. Making one of your sons move overseas to a country to play for a man who speaks no English, AFTER he commited a crime overseas, while not being willing to move their himself is horrible parenting. Yes, getting a good experience is good. Yes, tough love, in the right doses, can also be good. His parenting doesn’t really show any examples of either though.

Bad dad.

I haven’t even spoken about how he has dealt with Lonzo. And I haven’t even mentioned how he was totally fine with his son (I believe it was Melo) saying “Beat that n-word” on Monday Night Raw (A PG show) on a live mic, in front of a live crowd and tv audience, which was absolutely not part of the script.

Lavar is not moving there? I suppose he is going to a host family? How is this "home school" thing working? Is he working toward a "GED" (equivalency degree)?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2017  1:03 PM
How is he going to earn a GED? How was Melo doing in school beforehand and if poorly, why? How are they going to even learn to play better under a coach who speaks no english. Because basketball is a “universal language?”
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/13/2017  1:57 PM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248316/Lakers-Ask-LaVar-Ball-To-Tone-Down-Criticisms-Of-Luke-Walton
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2017  2:20 PM
I think he is a good dad/family man who has made some huge errors in the last 6 months. There are hundreds of thousands of no care dads in this country who make Lavar look like Andy Griffith. Lets be fair and honest--hes a good family man who's own ideas have directed him to make poor decisions in the last 6 months.
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/13/2017  2:42 PM
He's like Trump when he is at events meant to honor other people...both Lavar and Don The Con MUST BE the focus of attention...no matter what they have to do to get there

I don't think he's doing right by his son...he only seems concerned with building up his brand.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
Member: #748
12/13/2017  3:59 PM
Well....for those who agree that hes a bad Dad.....You guys are just like Barkley. Yes Barkley who most on this site hate. I like Charles Barkley and agree with some of the things he say.

But this is where I disagree with Barkley and others. Lavar is a great Dad. And non of us are in any position to judge how another man families his kids. Unless he was in the news for abusing his children, nobody should be judging others. Just like nobody should be judging you.

Lavar is a great dad, from what I can see, which is only what the media portrays (which is why we can't judge). Does anybody on this site know the Ball family? No...So basically your letting the media dictate how Ball is portrayed. The same media that created Trump the monster. Not to go off track, but I had no problems with Trump, until he became president.

Leave Ball alone. That man not only helped his son get into the NBA and get picked by the Lakers. That's ALL DAD. Lavar also started the Baller brand. Guess who will reap the benefits????

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/13/2017  4:25 PM
blkexec wrote:Well....for those who agree that hes a bad Dad.....You guys are just like Barkley. Yes Barkley who most on this site hate. I like Charles Barkley and agree with some of the things he say.

But this is where I disagree with Barkley and others. Lavar is a great Dad. And non of us are in any position to judge how another man families his kids. Unless he was in the news for abusing his children, nobody should be judging others. Just like nobody should be judging you.

Lavar is a great dad, from what I can see, which is only what the media portrays (which is why we can't judge). Does anybody on this site know the Ball family? No...So basically your letting the media dictate how Ball is portrayed. The same media that created Trump the monster. Not to go off track, but I had no problems with Trump, until he became president.

Leave Ball alone. That man not only helped his son get into the NBA and get picked by the Lakers. That's ALL DAD. Lavar also started the Baller brand. Guess who will reap the benefits????

So the only important things in life in making brands and get rich and famous. The rest of the people are sore losers.
And then some people surprised that Trump is the president... who else?
All I hear from Lavar is me, my, me, my... Pure dude and people around him.
Hopefully he and his family will find some peace of mind.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
blkexec
12/13/2017  5:29 PM
arkrud wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....for those who agree that hes a bad Dad.....You guys are just like Barkley. Yes Barkley who most on this site hate. I like Charles Barkley and agree with some of the things he say.

So the only important things in life in making brands and get rich and famous. The rest of the people are sore losers.
And then some people surprised that Trump is the president... who else?
All I hear from Lavar is me, my, me, my... Pure dude and people around him.
Hopefully he and his family will find some peace of mind.

I hear you....I just can't call him bad based on the media. I don't know him personally and I doubt anybody else know him as a man and a father and a husband.

Is Trump a bad dad? I may not like him as a president but I can't say he's a bad dad.

Because their are so many lame dads around it's not hard to impress. so yes the bar is low because so many lame dads are pulling the bar down.

Also just because someone has faults and weaknesses doesn't make them bad. So it's really from your perspective. I grew up around bad dads... and Lavar doesn't come close to them.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/13/2017  6:07 PM
blkexec wrote:I hear you....I just can't call him bad based on the media. I don't know him personally and I doubt anybody else know him as a man and a father and a husband.

Is Trump a bad dad? I may not like him as a president but I can't say he's a bad dad.

Because their are so many lame dads around it's not hard to impress. so yes the bar is low because so many lame dads are pulling the bar down.

Also just because someone has faults and weaknesses doesn't make them bad. So it's really from your perspective. I grew up around bad dads... and Lavar doesn't come close to them.

But then you turn around and called him a great dad based on the media.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/13/2017  6:36 PM
blkexec wrote: Lavar is a great Dad. And non of us are in any position to judge how another man families his kids.

Lavar is a great dad, from what I can see, which is only what the media portrays (which is why we can't judge). Does anybody on this site know the Ball family? No...So basically your letting the media dictate how Ball is portrayed.

So you don't know the Ball family, but you are calling him a great Dad. You are judging him based on the standards you are telling others not to use.

No one can call him a "bad Dad", because no one really knows him personally, but you can apparently call him a "great Dad" , even though you don't know him personally.

Fundamentally, that's the problem with narcissism, the logic will tend to fall apart in the middle and the person just doesn't care, because if it doesn't make them feel a certain way about themselves, then obviously it must be irrelevant.

blkexec
12/13/2017  8:02 PM
If I said great dad...its only an over reaction to all this nonsense about being a bad dad. God is the only true judge.
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/13/2017  10:36 PM
blkexec wrote:If I said great dad...its only an over reaction to all this nonsense about being a bad dad. God is the only true judge.

No doubt and in this case the verdict will come rather sooner that later.
Lakers organization and NBA can take only as much.
If Lavar will became too much of a destruction his son will pay the price not him.
His other sons already have to go to play in Lithuania because no one in US even at college level want to have any piece of Lavar.
They like bbal in Lithuania but the boys will have a tough time in this country known for their extreme racism.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
12/13/2017  11:02 PM
Bad sports dad. Bad stage dad.
Dude is putting his family life on TV, he is all out there and we can judge him. Pull his kid out of high school, bad move. Pull his kid out of college. Bad move. Let them be kids, let the earn their way.
Reality show all out there for us to view. Sorry, he is doing this. Not the Media.
blkexec
12/14/2017  9:56 AM
Nalod wrote:Bad sports dad. Bad stage dad.
Dude is putting his family life on TV, he is all out there and we can judge him. Pull his kid out of high school, bad move. Pull his kid out of college. Bad move. Let them be kids, let the earn their way.
Reality show all out there for us to view. Sorry, he is doing this. Not the Media.

So I haven't followed lavar like most here. I just have a soft spot when someone is quick to call anybody a bad dad......unless there was signs of abuse.

Listening to undisputed on lavar....i agree with everything they said about lavar. One thing I didn't hear any of them say is Lavar is a bad dad.

The main question is not good or bad.....but is it about Lavar or his kids. And we don't know his motivation. what i do know is Lavar is a side show self marketing dad.....Whos showing the world one way to build your brand. So far Lavar is very successful. Eventually....if Lavar keeps this up....The Ball brand will be a business that his boys can retire on.

This is bigger than basketball.....and for lavar to be successful....he feeds on this type of energy....like this thread and his millions of followers. The more hate Lavar receives about being a bad dad.....the more success him and the ball family will continue to have.

If this bigger vision of Lavar is true.....I don't see how anybody can call him bad.....Strang....weird....different....annoying yes. Bad No!

blkexec
12/14/2017  10:24 AM
Nolad....i read your first post a d now it's starting to make since. You have an old school way of teaching kids how to be a man. The new school way is less focused on putting their kids through the old school way of learning.....let them drown and learn how to float. That's how my parents raised me so I hear you.

Lavar represents the new school approach.....cover and protect. Don't leave your kids in control by others. From what I see....leavi g his boys in ucla will expose his son. Taking him out shows that Lavars vision is bigger than basketball. Do u live life based on the worlds view or your views. Stealing glasses is bringing the same attention and actually less attention than some of these pedafiles who are politicians and preachers. So Lavar refuse to leave his son in that negative environment.

He's the male version of all these rich parents like kardasians and Hilton's. The only difference is Lavar is a man of color and he's doesn't follow the normal structure . He also said it himself....people hate him because they can't control him. Based on history....whenever a man or woman or color is uncontrollable everybody tries to Bri g them down. Lavar is a breath of fresh air when it comes to goi g against the norm. He's currently very successful at building his brand. Is he f'ing his wife the right way? Is he being a good days to his kids? I have no clue....but I do know he's building a brand that's bigger than him.

Baller brand......IF SUCCESSFUL....will be bigger than worrying about if Lavar is a bad dad. A future thread will say....Is Lavar Ball a successful brand. Can his brand be up there with Nike and reebok. It's too early to say. But more power to him. That's his way to parent his kids. Same with all these rich parents who do the same things. They all grow up spoiled rich.....It doest make him bad....its more an awareness for future parents looking to build a brand in a structured market that's not built for colored people to succeed. Hes currently defeating those odds.

And just like history tells us....This thread of jealousy hidden behind a title called....Lavars a bad dad. It's the same old story. I'm not jealous of him and I'm not judging his parental skills. But if I was jealous I would create similar threads to. Can some post some evidence that Lavar has been abuse g his kids. Because to me that's top on my list of what bad dad is. And right now I don't see any signs of abuse. I just see a passionate parent reliving his days when Lavar probably d idnt receive any support from his parents.....just my guess. so he's do I g the opposite of what his parents didnt do for him.....just my guess.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/14/2017  1:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't understand why you're walking back your comments. He is a bad dad. He's making this more about him than his kids. His middle son is a scrub and would have been playing at UCLA after Christmas break. I know Lavar wants to live vicariously through his sons, but can someone please tell me how his bpy is better off losing his eligibility and UCLA degree to play for a coach who doesn't speak English? and for a team that reportedly won't pay its players next year? That situation sounds lousy. And how does that situation help his youngest? He's 16 years old and going to a town of 10,000 where he's going to be completely isolated.

Lavar is no better Lindsay Lohan's mom... Lavar makes the Kardashians look stable

I walked it back to "Bad sports dad", which is a "Bad stage mom". No evidence kids are battered mentally or crushed. There are plenty of bad dads that have produced pro athletes but the kids grew to be train wrecks and mal adjusted men. Lonzo by all accounts seems pretty chill about it all. If he is successful he has a good chance of growing into it. To put three kids in the NBA is rare. Genetics play a big role. Lavar has to deal with it not for himself but the one that does not make could get crushed by it. Because of that it was my ire that his actions with them of late, pulling them out of school was not a good idea.
Even last nite, putting those two young men on stage on the front row with those expectations is crushing. Lavar was a tool to stand and bask in the glory of the moment and rise up as if he himself had the adoration of 19,000 cheering fans.
His celebrity on the back of his son is disturbing. Not the love he might feel. Not the love he pours when the cameras are on.
That an act to promote BBB? Only reality is when the lakers are playing, or when he pulls his kids off of teams.
Anybody know what Lavar did for a living before his Son signed a pro contract?

His act may be overbearing but its WWE...Its all for marketing. One could disagree with it, but his act doesn't make him a bad dad. We have no idea how he's dealing with his kids when the camera is off....Based on his kids humble persona, the fact that they dont not get into any trouble (except for Liangelo or course, but I think most of us on this board has done worse at 18 than he did), it appears that he has done a decent job.

I dont believe he should have pulled the high schooler out of school, but I have no problem pulling LiAngelo from college. Whether it be sports, journalism, education, etc...we attend college to get a job/career afterwards. Most athletes are in college only to get a job in professional sports afterwards...LiAngelo, like many baseball players, and some basketball players (Terence Fergeson, Brandon Jennings, etc) going over seas isn't a bad thing. College aint for everyone.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/14/2017  1:23 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Bad sports dad. Bad stage dad.

So I haven't followed lavar like most here. I just have a soft spot when someone is quick to call anybody a bad dad......unless there was signs of abuse.

Listening to undisputed on lavar....i agree with everything they said about lavar. One thing I didn't hear any of them say is Lavar is a bad dad.

The main question is not good or bad.....but is it about Lavar or his kids. And we don't know his motivation. what i do know is Lavar is a side show self marketing dad.....Whos showing the world one way to build your brand. So far Lavar is very successful. Eventually....if Lavar keeps this up....The Ball brand will be a business that his boys can retire on.

This is bigger than basketball.....and for lavar to be successful....he feeds on this type of energy....like this thread and his millions of followers. The more hate Lavar receives about being a bad dad.....the more success him and the ball family will continue to have.

If this bigger vision of Lavar is true.....I don't see how anybody can call him bad.....Strang....weird....different....annoying yes. Bad No!

Good post...

Lavar is a bad dad....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy