[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lavar is a bad dad....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2017  6:00 PM
Dude pulled his kid out of school? Has the other home schooled. Is this man out of his mind?
I hate trump. But he should have thanked him.
He should let his kid take the punishment at UCLA. He might not be a good player just yet but he could make him a man. Instead he is weakening him.
The kid messed up and got off easy in china. That was a gift. To say he is being punished harder at home is awful.
To pull him out of a situation where he has to grow up is awful. These kids need to be men to handle the pressure of being a pro ball player if they are even that good.
Shame on Lavar for doing that to his kid. He needs to be a dad first, not some promoter of "Baller".
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/5/2017  6:02 PM
I am a father of two and disagree with you on this, Nalod.
I think Lavar is a great dad. He is always behind his kid. He is making some classic parental mistakes, but rest assure his kids know their dad is always behind them. That's why all 3 of them have become very good basketball players, and two look like locks to make it in the league.
Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  6:07 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I am a father of two and disagree with you on this, Nalod.
I think Lavar is a great dad. He is always behind his kid. He is making some classic parental mistakes, but rest assure his kids know their dad is always behind them. That's why all 3 of them have become very good basketball players, and two look like locks to make it in the league.

Not saying he does not have their back, but he is not letting them negotiate the world. Kid goes to china and does what? Only his celbrity saved him. Do you know how freaking stupid and Naïve that was?
Pulled him out of school because of basketball while neutering him as a man? I have two kids, now grown, and I always had their back, but not when they are wrong. They had to own up to their mistakes and make good. Otherwise I enable them to thinking they are more privileged. Privilege is earned!!!!!
The other two are not locks to be pro players. Maybe "Melo" but Liangelo not.
Maybe have one more kid? "LemonJello"?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/5/2017  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  7:51 PM
I got nothing against anything that went down. Home schooling Melo is fine. There's a media circus around the Ball family. Alot of it is because of Lavar but to protect his son and to better prepare his kid for college and the pros, home schooling is a decent option.

As far as Liangelo and Trump.... Trump didn't even let the plane land before the kids and families could be appreciative. Maybe they would have if he let them do it when they got back to their families. Lavar made the point that they had their people out there taking care of it. Who knows if the President even was needed? Trump turned a good gesture into a bow down and be humble campaign. Gtfoh... I wouldn't thank him either. Besides.... does anybody care about the other kids that were in trouble? Or just Ball?

Nothing wrong with a family sticking together and handling things at home. Their mother is very sick. They have alot going on. They have alot going on in the media... but I'm not knocking how people run their family. If anything I salute them. I don't have to like Lavar to understand

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
JesseDark
Member: #467
12/5/2017  7:48 PM
Lavar is not doing his son any favors by shielding his son form the consequences of his action. Having to sit out the season is not the worst thing in the world for 18, 19 year old. I compare Lavar's action to how Keyshawn Johnson handled his son when he got caught smoking pot at his school, Nebraska. Keyshawn made his son come home for semester to have him evaluate what's important.
Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  8:01 PM
JesseDark wrote:Lavar is not doing his son any favors by shielding his son form the consequences of his action. Having to sit out the season is not the worst thing in the world for 18, 19 year old. I compare Lavar's action to how Keyshawn Johnson handled his son when he got caught smoking pot at his school, Nebraska. Keyshawn made his son come home for semester to have him evaluate what's important.

Lavar is not doing that. It’s a basketball matter. He thinks the boys should play.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/5/2017  8:32 PM
This is OT - don't care about Lonzo, Lavar or any other balls
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/5/2017  8:56 PM
Wow, a post without taking a shot at BRIGGS? Lol. But I agree Lavar is a horrific dad. Basically teaching his kids to be loud, entitled people that accomplish little like himself. I think pulling liangelo out is going to hurt him. He's not a good enough prospect to be pulling major minutes at a good college program. He might get in the G league, but may not be good enough. Doubt he gets a good role on an European team and playing in China is out too.

As far asLavars people handling it: what makes you think the man is telling the truth with greatly exaggerating his clout and prowess like he always Does? What possible influence could he have over the Chinese legal system? I hate Trump and think that Trump should have let him for over there but, the man should be thankful he bailed out his son.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/5/2017  9:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  9:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Dude pulled his kid out of school? Has the other home schooled. Is this man out of his mind?
He should let his kid take the punishment at UCLA. He might not be a good player just yet but he could make him a man. Instead he is weakening him.
The kid messed up and got off easy in china. That was a gift. To say he is being punished harder at home is awful.
To pull him out of a situation where he has to grow up is awful. These kids need to be men to handle the pressure of being a pro ball player if they are even that good.
Shame on Lavar for doing that to his kid. He needs to be a dad first, not some promoter of "Baller".

Guy may be too loud for most but in a time where too many fathers are absent from their kids lives, a dad that is always there for his kids cant be knocked. Of course he could have done several things diffently but that can be said of most parents. Home schooloing is not an issue for me, as most of these high level high school athletes have issues getting a good education and are often pampered instead of taught.

He did have a good point on how China dropped the charges but the backlash has been tougher here. Think its such a public opinion thing that UCLA was more concerned about public perception than what was fair.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/5/2017  10:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  10:30 PM
I thought up until now Ball was an obnoxious Dad, didn't necessarily make him a bad one. Thought he handled the shoplifting situation poorly, who to thank aside. Thought he should have taken the incident much more seriously in public. This was a major incident, at a bad time. Not that there ever is a good one.

Dont like how Ball is handling his son's career with the Lakers. Lavar knows that Laker ownership doesn't want to do anything to make Lonzo's mercurial season, any worse. Thats why they are taking an asymmetrical approach, so to speak in dealing with Lavar, with the "Lavar rules".

Ball in effect is using his son as a shield from direct criticism. For now anyway.

Pulling his other son from UCLA should have been at least sold as his son's decision, not that of a pushy stage parent.

JesseDark
Member: #467
12/5/2017  11:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Lavar is not doing his son any favors by shielding his son form the consequences of his action. Having to sit out the season is not the worst thing in the world for 18, 19 year old. I compare Lavar's action to how Keyshawn Johnson handled his son when he got caught smoking pot at his school, Nebraska. Keyshawn made his son come home for semester to have him evaluate what's important.

Lavar is not doing that. It’s a basketball matter. He thinks the boys should play.

By seeing it as a basketball matter he is shielding his son from the consequences of his action. His son doesn't have to be publically humiliated but a little downtime is warranted. Also, to think he can train his son in his backyard without facing competition is laughable. He has already produced one son with ill formed jump shot, although the kid has all the other tools.

Bring back dee-fense
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2017  11:59 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Wow, a post without taking a shot at BRIGGS? Lol. But I agree Lavar is a horrific dad. Basically teaching his kids to be loud, entitled people that accomplish little like himself. I think pulling liangelo out is going to hurt him. He's not a good enough prospect to be pulling major minutes at a good college program. He might get in the G league, but may not be good enough. Doubt he gets a good role on an European team and playing in China is out too.

As far asLavars people handling it: what makes you think the man is telling the truth with greatly exaggerating his clout and prowess like he always Does? What possible influence could he have over the Chinese legal system? I hate Trump and think that Trump should have let him for over there but, the man should be thankful he bailed out his son.

Lol. I'm not sure why Nalod gives a fck what I say but 99% of the time I just let it be. I think nalod said he has a drinking problem or something like that so hope the guy is ok

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
12/6/2017  8:10 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Wow, a post without taking a shot at BRIGGS? Lol. But I agree Lavar is a horrific dad. Basically teaching his kids to be loud, entitled people that accomplish little like himself. I think pulling liangelo out is going to hurt him. He's not a good enough prospect to be pulling major minutes at a good college program. He might get in the G league, but may not be good enough. Doubt he gets a good role on an European team and playing in China is out too.

Lol. I'm not sure why Nalod gives a fck what I say but 99% of the time I just let it be. I think nalod said he has a drinking problem or something like that so hope the guy is ok

Naw, its not problem. Nice try. I think your reading about my “I’m leaving” statement and someone said “Dude must be drunk”. you easily confuse and regurgitate abstract into fact. It’s what make some of your posts lacking any substance. its why you get called out by me an others. I never said I have a drinking problem. In fact. I could stand to drink more.

Nice deflection by the way. You sound like Kellyanne Conway with a quick pivot. We talking about Lavar. NYShake commented on my recent crusade against your recent spazz attacks and hyper recommendations which are really not based on anythng other than preferences. I like lots of things. so do lots of other people. We have control.
Lavar is not a knick issue but its basketball. If Martin thinks its out of line then he’ll move it. More important is if nobody wants to discuss the issue, the thread will go away on its own.
Just like many of your impulse threads.
Why do I care so much about what you say? I call out the bull shyt. Feel free to call out mine.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/6/2017  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2017  8:42 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:Dude pulled his kid out of school? Has the other home schooled. Is this man out of his mind?

Guy may be too loud for most but in a time where too many fathers are absent from their kids lives, a dad that is always there for his kids cant be knocked. Of course he could have done several things diffently but that can be said of most parents. Home schooloing is not an issue for me, as most of these high level high school athletes have issues getting a good education and are often pampered instead of taught.

He did have a good point on how China dropped the charges but the backlash has been tougher here. Think its such a public opinion thing that UCLA was more concerned about public perception than what was fair.

We are leaving in the age of resentment.
A lot of people think they are not treated fairly.
A lot of me, me , me. That's why people are so depressed.
If one want the best tool to get depressed he just need to think about himself all the time.
This dudes just a tiffs and it looks more like kleptomania rather the stilling because of the need.
Just intellectually and morally underdeveloped individuals.
And the family is directly responsible for not making this kids aware of what is right or wrong, what is good for you and what is not.
Just accept the guilt and work towards bettering yourself. This apply to both farther and son.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/6/2017  8:53 AM

Well said, Nalod. What a douchebag Mr Ball is. He doesn't give a shyte about his kids. He only cares about himself.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/6/2017  9:15 AM
Lavar is just another Kris Kardashian. He is obsessed with the spotlight and money and his kids offer him a great opportunity. He doesn't mind making himself or his kids looks bad to build his empire. Success today isn't built on talent and intellect. In a social media era, it's about being able to expose others and you will be successful.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/6/2017  9:22 AM
+1 Nalod.
But, why not pull him out of school? Why thank anybody for anything? Kid drives what, a Ferrari back and forth to class and lives in his own apartment? Playing in a top tier D1 school and still doesn't have the inner strength not to try and steal a pair of effin sunglasses? He has everything now. His own $500 shoe, and a life most kids his age would die working at to get.

If and when the kid makes it to the pros, then what? What does he not have the inner moral character to refuse to do then?

When I saw the reading the written statements press conference, I thought the son had learned something. Lavar has money and fame, and now a certain level of power. Good for him. Now figure out how to let your kids learn some lessons. If that's even possible at this time. It's a shame.

I'm no perfect parent. I've got a kid that's messed up beyond belief, no matter what I spent 20 years trying to teach him.
But teaching kids that life is swag, and avoiding consequences is the way to go, apparently, is a shame. Just my opinion.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/6/2017  10:02 AM
Hopefully both kid and dead learned a lesson.
If not there is more pain to come and it will only get worth.
People think they are entitled for happiness and success.
In fact nobody is and no one knows what tomorrow will bring.
On other hand if one cares about family, team, community, and society he gets as much power as he gets responsibility.
And real guarantied happiness.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
12/6/2017  11:15 AM
arkrud wrote:Hopefully both kid and dead learned a lesson.
If not there is more pain to come and it will only get worth.
People think they are entitled for happiness and success.
In fact nobody is and no one knows what tomorrow will bring.
On other hand if one cares about family, team, community, and society he gets as much power as he gets responsibility.
And real guarantied happiness.

"Namaste".......

blkexec
Member: #748
12/6/2017  12:53 PM
This depends on your perspective.

If you grew up in a two parent home and your dad was active in your life....

vs

Others may grow up in a single parent hone and didn't have a dad that was involved in your life...

Let's put it this way. without his dad, there's no sons. He's the reason everybody is talking about his kids.....its not their skills. So lavar is a great dad from my perspective. Did he make mistakes here and there....of course....God is perfect and humans are flawed. I see this situation exactly opposite than most who replied to this thread. But the beauty of America is it's ok to disagree.....without spreading hate.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Lavar is a bad dad....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy