[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Kobe's toast....
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/1/2004  10:36 AM
this is NOT looking good for him (or the Lakers).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/08/31/scorecard0906/index.html
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/1/2004  10:46 AM
man, I just hate to read anything on Kobe and the case. It's quite sickening.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
9/1/2004  11:10 AM
I hope he gets the hammer!
Although deep inside we all know one way or another.. he will get away with this...
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/1/2004  11:17 AM
damn that does not look good for kobe. if the defense's focal point is the accuser's sexual history (which is limited to 72 hours prior) then it doesn't look like he has a good case at all.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
9/1/2004  11:18 AM
So what does everyone think? Do you think he's guilty or not guilty?
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/1/2004  11:20 AM
things didn't look too good for OJ Simpson either, even after they had concrete DNA evidence & everything else...

i would be shocked if Kobe gets a conviction here...the defense team will do whatever they can to put the focus of this case on the accuser's past sexual history & penchant for lying in order to get the attention she supposedly craves rather than what actually did or didn't happen on the night in question...& i have a feeling the prosecution team is going to botch the case somehow that will cause just enough reasonable doubt that will get Kobe acquitted...these state prosecutors are always inept when it comes to these high profile celebrity cases it seems...i'm sure Kobe's team of lawyers is the best that money can buy.

not to say i know if he's guilty or innocent, but that's just how i think the case will go down.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
9/1/2004  11:23 AM
don't know what to think about it. Those things are common in both ways (either he raped her, or she wants some money). I have absolutly no faith in justice when it comes to celebrities, political guys... cause either they can overpower the issue and get out clean of the sotry, or the judge wants to make an example, and the poor guy is wronlgy treated.

My point is that he just shouldn't have let her come into his room. that never seemed to happen to guys like john stockton, so it is not an obligation to cheat your wife when you're a great and tremendously wealthy basketball player.

fire burns sometimes, hope it will burn only as much as deserved.
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
9/1/2004  11:25 AM
The kobe bryant case is just plain sick. The media sensationalism is almost on par with OJ's case 10 years ago. Maybe Kobe did have consensual sex with that vixen but fact is they found bruises and lacerations on her genital area. The evidence is there. It is brutal for all parties involved in that case.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
fishmike
USA
9/1/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by TMS:

things didn't look too good for OJ Simpson either, even after they had concrete DNA evidence & everything else...

i would be shocked if Kobe gets a conviction here...the defense team will do whatever they can to put the focus of this case on the accuser's past sexual history & penchant for lying in order to get the attention she supposedly craves rather than what actually did or didn't happen on the night in question...& i have a feeling the prosecution team is going to botch the case somehow that will cause just enough reasonable doubt that will get Kobe acquitted...these state prosecutors are always inept when it comes to these high profile celebrity cases it seems...i'm sure Kobe's team of lawyers is the best that money can buy.

not to say i know if he's guilty or innocent, but that's just how i think the case will go down.

They can do that all they want... but it could also backfire. It comes down to physical evidence ruling the day. Proving the accuser is sexually active will backfire because people that are sexually active dont bleed after intercourse. They would have been better off proving she was a virgin and thats where the blood came from.

Also they have evidence that Kobe lied himself. The more you look at it it looks like a case of her giving him fasle messages, and when she didnt want to go through with it he found that unacceptable.

Its nasty stuff... really is
TMS
USA
9/1/2004  12:13 PM
if they can acquit OJ Simpson after all the physical & circumstantial evidence they had on him, they can acquit anybody.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/1/2004  12:35 PM
Posted by TMS:

if they can acquit OJ Simpson after all the physical & circumstantial evidence they had on him, they can acquit anybody.

May be, but the problem with that assessment is that is that the composition of the prospective jury pool in Los Angeles, CA is a lot different than the one in Eagle, CO. The Simpson case was an example of jury nullification. That doesn't happen often.

Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/1/2004  12:54 PM
"In cases of acquaintance rape, the presence of blood evidence is a touchdown for prosecutors," says Garrison, who did not have such evidence when he prosecuted Tyson. "

Tyson lost that one without blood evidence proving his guilt.Most of the blunders by the prosecution havent helped the defense,they have embarassed the accuser more than anything which might garner sympathy with prospective jurors.You may right fishmike...
fishmike
USA
9/1/2004  1:01 PM
the other thing w/ OJ was there was an issue w/ evidence tampering and the defense exposed the key witness and leading officer in the investigation as a racist.

Its a non issue here.

I wish it all wasnt so to be honest... the only thing I hate more than our love for dirty laundry and exposing our stars is that fact that they actually did the stuff in the first place.

ugly
Rich
USA
9/1/2004  5:44 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=1&u=/nm/20040901/ts_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc

Prosecutor to Drop Rape
Charge Against Kobe Bryant

14 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

DENVER (Reuters) - Prosecutors in the Kobe Bryant (news) rape case will ask a judge on Wednesday to drop the rape charge against the basketball player, a source close to the case said.

The case was based on a claim by a then 19-year-old woman that the Los Angeles Lakers star raped her last year in his hotel room in a Vail-area resort. He maintained the two had consensual sex and that his only wrongdoing was adultery.

The 26-year-old's defense team was seen rushing into the courthouse on Wednesday afternoon, followed a few minutes later by the young woman's attorneys John Clune and Lin Wood.

Prosecutors were also seen entering the courthouse in Eagle, Colorado where opening statements had been slated to begin next Tuesday.

This week lawyers for both
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/1/2004  5:54 PM
I don't know what happened. It is a he said she daid type of deal.

BUT

The girl had trauma in the vaginal area. How about her arms? Legs? Did she fight back? Any type of skin found under her nails? They don't say it on any of the reports. I don't know about everyone around here but the line in that article that you only bleed if you don't want sex is incorrect. Virgins bleed. A well-endowed man can rupture a womans privates and cause bleeding.

Seems a little dicey.

One thing I know. Kobe is an idiot.
Rich
USA
9/1/2004  6:06 PM
If you spend the time until a girl is ready, she doesn't have to bleed.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/1/2004  6:06 PM
She wasnt a virgin,she had several boyfriends who she admitted she had sex with.Sounds like Kobe bought her off if there arent any other charges.Nice to be rich.
Rich
USA
9/1/2004  6:08 PM
btw, The real problem with many of these high profile cases is that local prosecutors get outlawyered. One of the reasons that Tyson got convicted is that the Indiana county hired an established lawyer to try to the case.

The Eagle, CO prosecutor is an incompetent boob.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/1/2004  7:07 PM
They just reported breaking news on CNN that the Kobe case was DROPPED by the prosecution!!!
TMS
USA
9/1/2004  7:33 PM
Posted by Rich:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=1&u=/nm/20040901/ts_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc

Prosecutor to Drop Rape
Charge Against Kobe Bryant

14 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

DENVER (Reuters) - Prosecutors in the Kobe Bryant (news) rape case will ask a judge on Wednesday to drop the rape charge against the basketball player, a source close to the case said.

The case was based on a claim by a then 19-year-old woman that the Los Angeles Lakers star raped her last year in his hotel room in a Vail-area resort. He maintained the two had consensual sex and that his only wrongdoing was adultery.

The 26-year-old's defense team was seen rushing into the courthouse on Wednesday afternoon, followed a few minutes later by the young woman's attorneys John Clune and Lin Wood.

Prosecutors were also seen entering the courthouse in Eagle, Colorado where opening statements had been slated to begin next Tuesday.

This week lawyers for both

any word if there was a financial settlement reached here?
OT: Kobe's toast....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy