[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New high caliber freshmen has to be on Knicks target list
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/4/2017  9:38 PM
The one type of player that can change fortunes of a franchise is one that can run the game from 35 feet— trae young can do that. He’s a must see
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 54215
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2017  10:13 PM
Knicks lose. Briggs has a new love.
Anger sells, don't buy!
Paris907
Posts: 20821
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
12/4/2017  10:49 PM
I like him. Always looking to penetrate and take it to the hole. Great range and handle.
Knixkik
Posts: 28545
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/4/2017  10:53 PM
Makes sense why you like him. Very similar to Seth curry. He is fun to watch no doubt.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/4/2017  11:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:Makes sense why you like him. Very similar to Seth curry. He is fun to watch no doubt.

Very intrsting player. He controls the action but is also a very willing passer. Just entered mocks after pk 80—- if he goes through big ten play keeping up similar result— expect a meteroric ride up.
Right now I hope the Knicks really start to lose big-

Knixkik
Posts: 28545
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2017  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  10:12 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Makes sense why you like him. Very similar to Seth curry. He is fun to watch no doubt.

Very intrsting player. He controls the action but is also a very willing passer. Just entered mocks after pk 80—- if he goes through big ten play keeping up similar result— expect a meteroric ride up.
Right now I hope the Knicks really start to lose big-

I can't see him going any higher than mid 1st round. Right now i see him as a late 1st round pick. He has limitations that will limit his draft stock in the minds of scouts, but i agree, i think he is going to be good. Might climb up to consideration for our pick at some point, but it could be a bit of a reach.

Knixkik
Posts: 28545
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2017  11:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Makes sense why you like him. Very similar to Seth curry. He is fun to watch no doubt.

Very intrsting player. He controls the action but is also a very willing passer. Just entered mocks after pk 80—- if he goes through big ten play keeping up similar result— expect a meteroric ride up.
Right now I hope the Knicks really start to lose big-

I can't see him going any higher than mid 1st round. Right now i see him as a late 1st round pick. He has limitations that will limit his draft stock in the minds of scouts, but i agree, i think he is going to be good. Might climb up to consideration for our pick at some point, but it could be a bit of a reach.


After watching some more clips, i think he is more of a PG than i initially thought. Maybe he rises into a late lotto pick in our range. He would be a nice fit as a 3rd guard, as he can play alongside Frank or THjr. He would actually compliment Frank very well. As a playmaker, he would fit in nicely with KP and Kanter, making life easier for them by creating plays. He would provide a change of pace to Frank and can make a play when the offense breaks down. Definitely a good prospect to keep an eye on.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/5/2017  12:56 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Makes sense why you like him. Very similar to Seth curry. He is fun to watch no doubt.

Very intrsting player. He controls the action but is also a very willing passer. Just entered mocks after pk 80—- if he goes through big ten play keeping up similar result— expect a meteroric ride up.
Right now I hope the Knicks really start to lose big-

I can't see him going any higher than mid 1st round. Right now i see him as a late 1st round pick. He has limitations that will limit his draft stock in the minds of scouts, but i agree, i think he is going to be good. Might climb up to consideration for our pick at some point, but it could be a bit of a reach.


After watching some more clips, i think he is more of a PG than i initially thought. Maybe he rises into a late lotto pick in our range. He would be a nice fit as a 3rd guard, as he can play alongside Frank or THjr. He would actually compliment Frank very well. As a playmaker, he would fit in nicely with KP and Kanter, making life easier for them by creating plays. He would provide a change of pace to Frank and can make a play when the offense breaks down. Definitely a good prospect to keep an eye on.

We need a guy who can control the flow. I really look forward to watching him play all year.
TripleThreat
Posts: 21563
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

12/5/2017  4:58 PM
Paris907 wrote:Always looking to penetrate and take it to the hole.....

You've just described every 16 year old teenage boy in America.

(Drumroll....)

Actually Young is a good shooter with pretty advanced court vision for his level. He'll likely project out as a 4th guard as a matchup play because he's small and, when put relative to the NBA level of talent, slow.

Knicks really need to focus on guys with an actual bedrock of defensive prowess that can translate to the modern game and then see if other aspects of the players game can be developed.

He's also what the Sloan Sports Conference would call a "contrast player" i.e. his stock is relative to the existing draft class in place. Case in point, Mark Sanchez should NOT have been a first round pick. And he would not have been in many other drafts. But scarcity at the position specific to that year changed some of that dynamic.

There are other years Young would be a UDFA. But not in this class.

Knicks just need guys with length who can defend the wing more than anything else to start. You can develop long range shooting over time. It's not easy, but it's feasible. Guys who are too short and too slow, don't magically become taller and faster.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/5/2017  5:10 PM

Theres a few things I love.

A. He can hit the extended 3 so it spreads the floor for everyone(including himself on drives)

B. Hes a very good skilled passer. With that extended floor also comes the ability to see everyone and than hit them.

C. Hes already a great FT shooter

D. He has a combination of high IQ quickness with ball and ability to makes plays with dribble

BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/9/2017  4:08 PM
I think if I had pick 1 I might ick him or trade down lightly to get him.
Knixkik
Posts: 28545
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
12/9/2017  5:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think if I had pick 1 I might ick him or trade down lightly to get him.

We should be able to get him at our pick. He's great, but won't be a high lottery pick.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/9/2017  5:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think if I had pick 1 I might ick him or trade down lightly to get him.

We should be able to get him at our pick. He's great, but won't be a high lottery pick.

Hes going to go high lottery jf he plays like this==no brainer

reub
Posts: 21307
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

12/9/2017  10:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think if I had pick 1 I might ick him or trade down lightly to get him.

We should be able to get him at our pick. He's great, but won't be a high lottery pick.

Hes going to go high lottery jf he plays like this==no brainer


Tankathon has us taking SF Kevin Knox right now at #13.
Ira
Posts: 24432
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/14/2001
Member: #91
12/10/2017  10:35 PM
I'm hoping we get Mikal Bridges - a very good offensive player and terrific defender. With a backcourt of him and Frank, we could drive opposing backcourts crazy.
EnySpree
Posts: 44066
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/11/2017  3:53 AM
The guy the Knicks should be looking at is the kid Jared Vanderbilt.... He's currently out with a foot injury. He'll be back in January. This is the kid we absolutely need to draft. His injury might push him down the draft but he's so good it might not even matter.

You know why I'm here....
BRIGGS
Posts: 49578
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/11/2017  8:08 AM
From what I have seen so far

this is what Id go top 3

Lock #1 pick Aayton
pick 2 Trae Young
pick 3 Bagley

Than honorable mentions
McCoy Bamba Bowman Diallo Mikal Bridges Kevin Knox

Then there is a list of players who are honorable mentions.

Im not adding Porter right now with back injury or Doncic

CrushAlot
Posts: 55430
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/11/2017  7:07 PM
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
reub
Posts: 21307
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

12/11/2017  7:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:From what I have seen so far

this is what Id go top 3

Lock #1 pick Aayton
pick 2 Trae Young
pick 3 Bagley

Than honorable mentions
McCoy Bamba Bowman Diallo Mikal Bridges Kevin Knox

Then there is a list of players who are honorable mentions.

Im not adding Porter right now with back injury or Doncic


Why not? If you add them that's 11 good to great prospects. Will be in the top 11?
TripleThreat
Posts: 21563
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

12/11/2017  7:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:From what I have seen so far

this is what Id go top 3

Lock #1 pick Aayton
pick 2 Trae Young


Typically a player projected in the 2nd round but excels, esp in the NCAA Tournament, can sometimes push into the late first round. Sometimes a projected late first rounder can push his way to the 12-15 range. Sometimes a player in the 12-15 range can move into the 8-10 range. Sometimes a player in the 8-10 range can move into the top 3 range.

What you don't see happening is a guy projected to be a late first rounder, WHEN HIS DRAFT CLASSES PROJECTED POSITIONAL VALUE IS WEAK, driving up all the way to a high lottery pick. It just doesn't happen.

This isn't a great year for PG prospects, thus Young will get a little extra burn. You don't seem to be taking that into account. Also all the shots he's getting now, he's not going to get against superior NBA level competition. You don't seem to be taking that into account either.

Wings and pivots will get a positional value bump up the general draft boards, thus driving a guy like Young down a little bit further.

Kid has had a couple of nice games. You don't propose to a girl after one great blowjob.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
New high caliber freshmen has to be on Knicks target list

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.