[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Two weeks until teams can trade free agent signings....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2017  1:22 PM
With a quarter of the season in the bag we will soon see if knicks are serious about making the playoffs or committed to the rebuild all in.
We started Dotson yesterday!!! I was super happy. Don't care how he played, but getting him some minutes and acclimating to the NBA is important if we deem him a prospect!!
KP and Hardaway not even going to Indiana!!! More time for the yoot. I'd like to think we are showcasing Beas. Let him go, he is not our future.
At the same time be interesting to see what Noah got in him.
I like our depth. This is the springboard growth and trades for the next few years. Its not just one player or siging that matters.
This organization is acting like one paying mind to the future instead of just making the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I like winning but we have been depleted of assets for years!
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/4/2017  2:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2017  2:59 PM
I would call is development depth... and it is not too deep.
Our stopgap players pool is adequate but it means nothing for the future - Biz, Sessions, Jack, Noah are not going to be a part of it.
Lee may stick around but KQ probably will be gone soon.
Lee, Kanter and McBuckets may stay or packaged for a star player in his prime however this is unlikely to happen.
We are missing at leas 4 peaces in starting SF and PG, and backup PF and SG. I would say we are 1/2 way ready to compete.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2017  10:16 PM
arkrud wrote:I would call is development depth... and it is not too deep.
Our stopgap players pool is adequate but it means nothing for the future - Biz, Sessions, Jack, Noah are not going to be a part of it.
Lee, Kanter and McBuckets may stay or packaged for a star player in his prime however this is unlikely to happen.
We are missing at leas 4 peaces in starting SF and PG, and backup PF and SG. I would say we are 1/2 way ready to compete.

Yes, I agree. Got our heads handed tonite. Willy defense like a matador, move the red cape and step aside!!!
Yes, development depth, good choice of words!!!

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/4/2017  10:45 PM

If you got a starting SF, you got Lee to backup SG and/or SF.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/5/2017  12:01 AM
Panos wrote:

This true... He can be a six man.
But he is a bit off the timeline.
To trade him may be a better option.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
12/5/2017  5:51 AM
arkrud wrote:
Panos wrote:

This true... He can be a six man.
But he is a bit off the timeline.
To trade him may be a better option.

We often assume we are set at the 5 but it’s a fiction. Kanter, as pointed out above, may likely opt out or be traded, Noah stretched but a shell of himself, OQuinn likely traded and Wily needing defensive skills and lateral movement that both he and Kanter are lacking and plagued with.

If Dotson,Baker, Frank, THJr are our 1&2 of the future, we will need 5/3 First in that order.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/5/2017  8:13 AM
We've looked bad on the road and we've looked horrible without KP & Hardaway - granted most teams struggle without their 1 & 2, but we've not even been competitive.

I'd like to keep KOQ - home town, blue collar gritty player.

Lee was awful last night in the short time I watched. I'd try to trade him and get cap space- give us flexibility moving forward to retain Kanter, resign KP and fill in, perhaps with an older vet looking for a competitive situation.

If we found a way to add an impact PG who isn't 40 years old like Jack and Sessions, that would do a lot towards getting us to the playoffs and rebuilding for the future. I just don't see that possibility.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/5/2017  10:05 AM
The way Lee has been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if THJr's mysterious "leg injury" is used to shop Lee to the max and have a team bite to give away a young asset and pick.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2017  10:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:The way Lee has been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if THJr's mysterious "leg injury" is used to shop Lee to the max and have a team bite to give away a young asset and pick.

I will be surprised if Lee gets traded. People seriously underestimate the value of quality veteran leadership. Ontop of it, Lee can really play. Lance, Lee, and Jack have been so valuable. Even if we lose games at a higher rate, these are the guys that keep things in line, keep everyone competing hard, and push the young guys to develop the right way.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2017  12:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:The way Lee has been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if THJr's mysterious "leg injury" is used to shop Lee to the max and have a team bite to give away a young asset and pick.

Without being able to provide ANY evidence, I'll say that it is a super rare instance where a player will fake an injury at management's ask so that the team can play someone else to increase their trade value. And especially so at this time of year.

When a player visits a doctor and gets MRI's etc., read it that he is hurt. End of story.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

12/5/2017  3:30 PM
martin wrote:

Without being able to provide ANY evidence, I'll say that it is a super rare instance where a player will fake an injury at management's ask so that the team can play someone else to increase their trade value. And especially so at this time of year.

When a player visits a doctor and gets MRI's etc., read it that he is hurt. End of story.

wrong choice of words from me, not saying Timmy's faking an injury. With no KP or THJr, Hornacek has given Lee the green light and Lee is taking full advantage of it as well. But I wonder if that is all to raise his value for a trade? On an elite team, how many shots would he get?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

12/6/2017  12:33 PM

Seriously? That's ridiculous and not what's going on. THJ is really hurt, he's not faking.

Cartman718

12/6/2017  6:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2017  6:47 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Seriously? That's ridiculous and not what's going on. THJ is really hurt, he's not faking.

asked and answered...read above. and great timing lol

Two weeks until teams can trade free agent signings....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy