[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The American middle class just got their goose cooked
Author Thread
nixluva
Posts: 56214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2017  1:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Posts: 30985
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
12/8/2017  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  1:53 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

Who are this abstract "corporation" and "wealthy few" who are sitting on bags of cache?
Where the 1.8 millions job came from since Trump was elected and about the same over Obama terms?
Why would somebody hoard the money if they can be multiplied by investing them into more productivity tools and assets?
May be some idiots but idiots do not became wealthy and even if they do do not stay wealthy for long.
If you want to name people who really take money from the pure and use them only for themselves look no father that to the Russia, Arab countries, African dictatorships and other kleptocracy countries covering them self up by religions fundamentalism, nationalism, socialism, and populism.
There are plenty of jobs available in US for everyone.
Positions are available for skilled workers and for low skill labor.
Even millions of illegals are getting jobs of any kind not talking about legal work visas for foreigners.

And actually this is not 1% but rather 2% of this dreaded millionaires:

Rank Country Number of
Millionaires
1 United States 15,356,000
2 Japan 2,364,000
3 United Kingdom 2,189,000
4 Germany 1,959,000
5 China 1,953,000
6 France 1,949,000
7 Italy 1,288,000
8 Australia 1,160,000
9 Canada 1,078,000
10 South Korea 686,000
11 Switzerland 594,000
12 Spain 420,000
13 Taiwan 381,000
14 Belgium 340,000
15 Sweden 335,000

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
arkrud
Posts: 30985
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
12/8/2017  1:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  1:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH

Banks created the playing field but people were ones who gamble and was buying and flipping houses they cannot afford.
It's general population greed and stupidity that created the crisis.
No question crooks took advantage of this as usual.
Everyone know that we are collectively responsible but it is much easier to blame some mythological villains.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
nixluva
Posts: 56214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2017  3:45 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH

Banks created the playing field but people were ones who gamble and was buying and flipping houses they cannot afford.
It's general population greed and stupidity that created the crisis.
No question crooks took advantage of this as usual.
Everyone know that we are collectively responsible but it is much easier to blame some mythological villains.


Here's what I do know, American Infrastructure has been allowed to ROT and fall well behind the rest of the developed world. Employee salaries have not risen enough to keep pace with inflation. Corporations are more profitable than ever but they aren't contributing back to the well being of the country.

Stagnation Causation

The weak wage growth can be traced to multiple trends that have been in motion since the 1970s. From 1948 until the early 1970s, wages rose in tandem with productivity. However, since 1973, productivity has grown 72% while wages are up a measly 9%.

What’s behind the stalled wage growth?

There has been an ever-wider gap in income inequality. The top 5% of earners saw their wages swell by 60% since 1973. The top 1% reaped a 138% increase. Today, Fortune 400 CEO’s earn 296-times the average American wage—up from 24-times in 1973.


https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliviergarret/2017/02/23/how-to-break-out-of-the-stagnant-wage-growth-trap/#319e52a82bbf
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27988
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
12/8/2017  3:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

A company's customers buy the company's products. This provides cash that allows the company to hire people to produce, sell, and service those products. If the company's customers and potential customers go broke, the demand for the company's products will collapse. And the company's jobs will disappear, regardless of how brilliant or well-intentioned the entrepreneurs or investors are.

Yes, entrepreneurs are an important part of the company-creation process. And, yes, so are investors, who risk capital in the hope of earning returns. But, ultimately, whether a company continues growing and creates self-sustaining jobs is a function of people's desire and ability to pay for the company's products, not the entrepreneur's vision or risk-tolerance or the investor's capital.

At Business Insider, for example, the money to pay the paychecks of the 400 of us who work here (including me) does not come from me. It also does not come from our owners. It comes from our readers, who buy our subscriptions, event tickets, and other products, and from our clients, who buy advertising.

Yes, to maintain our jobs (and help create new ones), my colleagues and I have to continue to create and distribute a service compelling enough that people want to use it.

But we can't do it alone.

Saying "rich people create the jobs," in other words, is like saying that "seeds create trees." Seeds do not create trees. Seeds start trees and direct their growth. But what actually grows and sustains trees is the combination of the DNA in the seed with the soil, sunshine, water, atmosphere, nutrients, and other factors in the environment that nurture life.

If you think seeds create trees, try planting them in an inhospitable environment. Plant a seed in a desert or on Mars, and the seed won't create anything. It will die.


http://

http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-people-create-jobs-2016-10

meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  8:32 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

Who are this abstract "corporation" and "wealthy few" who are sitting on bags of cache?

Look up financial statement of the top 50 corporations in the S&P500 as a STARTING POINT, see how much cash they have and compare it to last 25 years???

Where the 1.8 millions job came from since Trump was elected and about the same over Obama terms?

How about you respond to the actual point we are raising which is the wages people earn in Real inflation adjusted dollars have not gone up?

Why would somebody hoard the money if they can be multiplied by investing them into more productivity tools and assets?

Because it multiplies faster on speculative investments and stock buy backs

May be some idiots but idiots do not became wealthy and even if they do do not stay wealthy for long.
If you want to name people who really take money from the pure and use them only for themselves look no father that to the Russia, Arab countries, African dictatorships and other kleptocracy countries covering them self up by religions fundamentalism, nationalism, socialism, and populism.

I am looking at fukking free market neoliberalism, and it's doing just fine

There are plenty of jobs available in US for everyone. Positions are available for skilled workers and for low skill labor.

The discussion was about the quality of the jobs and the wages, not the number of jobs - this seems to be very hard for you to grasp


Even millions of illegals are getting jobs of any kind not talking about legal work visas for foreigners.

So why don't you ask for the companies giving them jobs to be prosecuted?

And actually this is not 1% but rather 2% of this dreaded millionaires:

Can't respond to this because I have no idea what that means

Rank Country Number of
Millionaires
1 United States 15,356,000
2 Japan 2,364,000
3 United Kingdom 2,189,000
4 Germany 1,959,000
5 China 1,953,000
6 France 1,949,000
7 Italy 1,288,000
8 Australia 1,160,000
9 Canada 1,078,000
10 South Korea 686,000
11 Switzerland 594,000
12 Spain 420,000
13 Taiwan 381,000
14 Belgium 340,000
15 Sweden 335,000

I have run out of scotch and I am bored to death, so just this once...

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  9:07 PM
Good article from the economist (a couple years old but still relevant)
https://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21695385-profits-are-too-high-america-needs-giant-dose-competition-too-much-good-thing

Opportunities
An intense burst of consolidation will boost their profits more. Since 2008 American firms have engaged in one of the largest rounds of mergers in their country’s history, worth $10 trillion. Unlike earlier acquisitions aimed at building global empires, these mergers were largely aimed at consolidating in America, allowing the merged companies to increase their market shares and cut their costs. The companies in question usually make no pretence of planning to pass the savings they make this way on to their customers; take their estimates of the synergies involved at face value and profits in America will rise by a further 10% or so.

Profits are an essential part of capitalism. They give investors a return, encourage innovation and signal where resources should be invested. Their accumulation allows investment in bold new ventures. Countries where profits are too low—Japan, for instance—can slip into morbid torpor. Firms that ignore profits, such as China’s state-run enterprises, lurch around like aimless zombies, as likely to destroy value as to create it.

But high profits across a whole economy can be a sign of sickness. They can signal the existence of firms more adept at siphoning wealth off than creating it afresh, such as those that exploit monopolies. If companies capture more profits than they can spend, it can lead to a shortfall of demand. This has been a pressing problem in America. It is not that firms are underinvesting by historical standards. Relative to assets, sales and GDP, the level of investment is pretty normal. But domestic cash flows are so high that they still have pots of cash left over after investment: about $800 billion a year.

High profits can deepen inequality in various ways. The pool of income to be split among employees could be squeezed. Consumers might pay too much for goods. In a market the size of America’s prices should be lower than in other industrialised economies. By and large, they are not. Though American companies now make a fifth of their profits abroad, their naughty secret is that their return-on-equity is 40% higher at home.

Most explanations of America’s high profits draw on national-accounts data which show that the fall in the share of output going to workers over the past decade is equivalent to about 60% of the rise in domestic pre-tax profits. Scholars typically have three explanations for this: technology, which has allowed firms to replace workers with machines and software; globalisation, which has made it easier to shift production to lower cost countries; and a decline in trade-union membership.

None of these accounts, though, explain the most troubling aspect of America’s profit problem: its persistence. Business theory holds that firms can at best enjoy only temporary periods of “competitive advantage” during which they can rake in cash. After that new companies, inspired by these rich pickings, will pile in to compete away those fat margins, bringing prices down and increasing both employment and investment. It’s the mechanism behind Adam Smith’s invisible hand.

In America that hand seems oddly idle. An American firm that was very profitable in 2003 (one with post-tax returns on capital of 15-25%, excluding goodwill) had an 83% chance of still being very profitable in 2013; the same was true for firms with returns of over 25%, according to McKinsey, a consulting firm. In the previous decade the odds were about 50%. The obvious conclusion is that the American economy is too cosy for incumbents.

In 1998, Joel Klein, who ran the antitrust operation at the Department of Justice (DoJ), declared that “our economy is more competitive today than it has been in a long, long time.” He may well have been right. In the post-war boom American firms grew into mighty conglomerates; in the 1960s J.K. Galbraith, a left-leaning economist, predicted the rise of a symbiotic “industrial state” in which large companies worked closely with the government. But in the 1980s deregulation opened some industries, such as telecoms and railways, to competition. And a new doctrine of shareholder value led big firms, such as RJR Nabisco, to be broken-up and sprawling conglomerates to become focused. In the 1990s American firms faced a wave of competition from low-cost competitors abroad (and, reciprocally, focused their energy on expanding overseas).

Since then the pendulum seems to have swung back. Huge companies, long the focus of American worries about competition, have not actually got any bigger. In 2014 the top 500 listed firms made about 45% of the global profits of all American firms, as they did in the late 1990s. Instead they, and other companies, have become more focused. The strategy can be seen as an amalgam of the philosophies of two deeply influential business figures. Jack Welch, the boss of General Electric for two decades at the end of the 20th century, advised companies to get out of markets which they did not dominate. Warren Buffett, the 21st century’s best-known investor, extols firms that have a “moat” around them—a barrier that offers stability and pricing power.


One way American firms have improved their moats in recent times is through creeping consolidation. The Economist has divided the economy into 900-odd sectors covered by America’s five-yearly economic census. Two-thirds of them became more concentrated between 1997 and 2012 (see charts 2 and 3). The weighted average share of the top four firms in each sector has risen from 26% to 32%.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  9:24 PM
To the dumb****s that say poor people don't work hard - here's the data

Guess it's really the wealth accumulation by the rich that "moves civilization forward".

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
markvmc
Posts: 21701
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2008
Member: #1797

12/8/2017  10:22 PM
Divergence starts right around the time unions start getting taken down in the late 70's. Who knew?
arkrud
Posts: 30985
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
12/9/2017  12:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  12:15 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

Who are this abstract "corporation" and "wealthy few" who are sitting on bags of cache?

Look up financial statement of the top 50 corporations in the S&P500 as a STARTING POINT, see how much cash they have and compare it to last 25 years???

Where the 1.8 millions job came from since Trump was elected and about the same over Obama terms?

How about you respond to the actual point we are raising which is the wages people earn in Real inflation adjusted dollars have not gone up?

Why would somebody hoard the money if they can be multiplied by investing them into more productivity tools and assets?

Because it multiplies faster on speculative investments and stock buy backs

May be some idiots but idiots do not became wealthy and even if they do do not stay wealthy for long.
If you want to name people who really take money from the pure and use them only for themselves look no father that to the Russia, Arab countries, African dictatorships and other kleptocracy countries covering them self up by religions fundamentalism, nationalism, socialism, and populism.

I am looking at fukking free market neoliberalism, and it's doing just fine

There are plenty of jobs available in US for everyone. Positions are available for skilled workers and for low skill labor.

The discussion was about the quality of the jobs and the wages, not the number of jobs - this seems to be very hard for you to grasp


Even millions of illegals are getting jobs of any kind not talking about legal work visas for foreigners.

So why don't you ask for the companies giving them jobs to be prosecuted?

And actually this is not 1% but rather 2% of this dreaded millionaires:

Can't respond to this because I have no idea what that means

Rank Country Number of
Millionaires
1 United States 15,356,000
2 Japan 2,364,000
3 United Kingdom 2,189,000
4 Germany 1,959,000
5 China 1,953,000
6 France 1,949,000
7 Italy 1,288,000
8 Australia 1,160,000
9 Canada 1,078,000
10 South Korea 686,000
11 Switzerland 594,000
12 Spain 420,000
13 Taiwan 381,000
14 Belgium 340,000
15 Sweden 335,000

I have run out of scotch and I am bored to death, so just this once...

All you replies makes no sense and you know this.
The only thing which is important to you is to be the source of absolute truth which no one is , especially those who think they are.
The US economical and political systems are working very well and this is objective ans obvious reality.
Of course it can work better and it will work better if we will continue to keep all this leftists and other utopia believers at bay.
And we will.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/9/2017  9:48 AM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

Who are this abstract "corporation" and "wealthy few" who are sitting on bags of cache?

Look up financial statement of the top 50 corporations in the S&P500 as a STARTING POINT, see how much cash they have and compare it to last 25 years???

Where the 1.8 millions job came from since Trump was elected and about the same over Obama terms?

How about you respond to the actual point we are raising which is the wages people earn in Real inflation adjusted dollars have not gone up?

Why would somebody hoard the money if they can be multiplied by investing them into more productivity tools and assets?

Because it multiplies faster on speculative investments and stock buy backs

May be some idiots but idiots do not became wealthy and even if they do do not stay wealthy for long.
If you want to name people who really take money from the pure and use them only for themselves look no father that to the Russia, Arab countries, African dictatorships and other kleptocracy countries covering them self up by religions fundamentalism, nationalism, socialism, and populism.

I am looking at fukking free market neoliberalism, and it's doing just fine

There are plenty of jobs available in US for everyone. Positions are available for skilled workers and for low skill labor.

The discussion was about the quality of the jobs and the wages, not the number of jobs - this seems to be very hard for you to grasp


Even millions of illegals are getting jobs of any kind not talking about legal work visas for foreigners.

So why don't you ask for the companies giving them jobs to be prosecuted?

And actually this is not 1% but rather 2% of this dreaded millionaires:

Can't respond to this because I have no idea what that means

Rank Country Number of
Millionaires
1 United States 15,356,000
2 Japan 2,364,000
3 United Kingdom 2,189,000
4 Germany 1,959,000
5 China 1,953,000
6 France 1,949,000
7 Italy 1,288,000
8 Australia 1,160,000
9 Canada 1,078,000
10 South Korea 686,000
11 Switzerland 594,000
12 Spain 420,000
13 Taiwan 381,000
14 Belgium 340,000
15 Sweden 335,000

I have run out of scotch and I am bored to death, so just this once...

All you replies makes no sense and you know this.
The only thing which is important to you is to be the source of absolute truth which no one is , especially those who think they are.
The US economical and political systems are working very well and this is objective ans obvious reality.
Of course it can work better and it will work better if we will continue to keep all this leftists and other utopia believers at bay.
And we will.

Dude - this is why it's so frustrating to try to talk to you. Instead of responding to questions people ask you you switch to this complete garbage.

Peace out girl scout

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
GustavBahler
Posts: 34430
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

12/9/2017  9:55 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

Who are this abstract "corporation" and "wealthy few" who are sitting on bags of cache?

Look up financial statement of the top 50 corporations in the S&P500 as a STARTING POINT, see how much cash they have and compare it to last 25 years???

Where the 1.8 millions job came from since Trump was elected and about the same over Obama terms?

How about you respond to the actual point we are raising which is the wages people earn in Real inflation adjusted dollars have not gone up?

Why would somebody hoard the money if they can be multiplied by investing them into more productivity tools and assets?

Because it multiplies faster on speculative investments and stock buy backs

May be some idiots but idiots do not became wealthy and even if they do do not stay wealthy for long.
If you want to name people who really take money from the pure and use them only for themselves look no father that to the Russia, Arab countries, African dictatorships and other kleptocracy countries covering them self up by religions fundamentalism, nationalism, socialism, and populism.

I am looking at fukking free market neoliberalism, and it's doing just fine

There are plenty of jobs available in US for everyone. Positions are available for skilled workers and for low skill labor.

The discussion was about the quality of the jobs and the wages, not the number of jobs - this seems to be very hard for you to grasp


Even millions of illegals are getting jobs of any kind not talking about legal work visas for foreigners.

So why don't you ask for the companies giving them jobs to be prosecuted?

And actually this is not 1% but rather 2% of this dreaded millionaires:

Can't respond to this because I have no idea what that means

Rank Country Number of
Millionaires
1 United States 15,356,000
2 Japan 2,364,000
3 United Kingdom 2,189,000
4 Germany 1,959,000
5 China 1,953,000
6 France 1,949,000
7 Italy 1,288,000
8 Australia 1,160,000
9 Canada 1,078,000
10 South Korea 686,000
11 Switzerland 594,000
12 Spain 420,000
13 Taiwan 381,000
14 Belgium 340,000
15 Sweden 335,000

I have run out of scotch and I am bored to death, so just this once...

All you replies makes no sense and you know this.
The only thing which is important to you is to be the source of absolute truth which no one is , especially those who think they are.
The US economical and political systems are working very well and this is objective ans obvious reality.
Of course it can work better and it will work better if we will continue to keep all this leftists and other utopia believers at bay.
And we will.

Dude - this is why it's so frustrating to try to talk to you. Instead of responding to questions people ask you you switch to this complete garbage.

Peace out girl scout

Or something that sounds like Jerry Garcia, after a bad trip.

nixluva
Posts: 56214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
12/9/2017  12:11 PM
This is why we have President Trump! There are a LOT of people who think like this out there. Republicans rely on these people to keep pushing legislation like this Tax Cut for the rich.

TPercy
Posts: 24879
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

12/9/2017  10:45 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH


Out of all the egregious crap that has been put in this thread, this is the one. I have no interest in getting back into it but I REALLY hate stupid **** like this. A huge reason why the recession happened was because the government loosened standards for down payments, pressured lenders to give "affordable" loans to people even they clearly weren't qualified for it. Unsprupsingly this drove up housing prices until their inevitable decline when the bubble burst.
The Future is Bright!
reub
Posts: 21777
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

12/9/2017  10:48 PM
Sorry. I thought this was a sports site.
martin
Posts: 47523
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2017  10:51 PM
reub wrote:Sorry. I thought this was a sports site.

It is, did you miss the thread title or the OT before it?

These threads are very easy to skip, so please do

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/9/2017  11:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  11:47 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH


Out of all the egregious crap that has been put in this thread, this is the one. I have no interest in getting back into it but I REALLY hate stupid **** like this. A huge reason why the recession happened was because the government loosened standards for down payments, pressured lenders to give "affordable" loans to people even they clearly weren't qualified for it. Unsprupsingly this drove up housing prices until their inevitable decline when the bubble burst.

The neolib that wants to deregulate everything also gets to criticize the government for "loosening standards" - the level of hypocrisy exhibited here is mindboggling. Somehow the it was the government that "pressured" lenders - wow just wow. Talk about egregious crap!!!

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
TPercy
Posts: 24879
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

12/9/2017  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2017  11:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH


Out of all the egregious crap that has been put in this thread, this is the one. I have no interest in getting back into it but I REALLY hate stupid **** like this. A huge reason why the recession happened was because the government loosened standards for down payments, pressured lenders to give "affordable" loans to people even they clearly weren't qualified for it. Unsprupsingly this drove up housing prices until their inevitable decline when the bubble burst.

The neolib that wants to deregulate everything also gets to criticize the government for "loosening standards" - the level of hypocrisy exhibited here is mindboggling. Somehow the it was the government that "pressured" lenders - wow just wow.


Come on man. You've never heard of the CRA?

Furthermore, no one(even though straw man "neo liberal" image you have of me) thinks predatory lending is a good thing. Unfortunately government loosened the standards for this that allowed for profit seekers make full use of predatory lending.

The Future is Bright!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25124
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

12/9/2017  11:55 PM
TPercy wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH


Out of all the egregious crap that has been put in this thread, this is the one. I have no interest in getting back into it but I REALLY hate stupid **** like this. A huge reason why the recession happened was because the government loosened standards for down payments, pressured lenders to give "affordable" loans to people even they clearly weren't qualified for it. Unsprupsingly this drove up housing prices until their inevitable decline when the bubble burst.

The neolib that wants to deregulate everything also gets to criticize the government for "loosening standards" - the level of hypocrisy exhibited here is mindboggling. Somehow the it was the government that "pressured" lenders - wow just wow.


Come on man. You've never heard of the CRA? You have to be really stupid to ignore the governments role leading up to 2008.

Furthermore, no one(even though straw man "neo liberal" image you have of me) thinks predatory lending is a good thing. Unfortunately government loosened the standards for this that allowed for profit seekers make full use of predatory lending.

So do you want government regulation of financial markets or not?

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
TPercy
Posts: 24879
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

12/10/2017  12:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:Farther accumulating the wealth is very good.
This is the only way to make good use of it.
And I see it is used efficiently enough to move human civilization forward.
If we have more wealth in disposal of Masks, Jobs, Brins, and other like them, we will be better off.
As Russian poet and bard Visockiy wrote:
"I do not like Coliseums and Circus,
This is were millions are broken by dollar,
And even if we are for great disturbances,
I will never be in love with this"

Here's the thing, Corporations are at the point where they have so much money they don't know what to do with it. They aren't creating more jobs or paying more. The accumulation of more and more wealth isn't a good thing at a certain point.

The answer to this problem was simple but Powerful Wealthy individuals have bought the Government and fixed the rules so that most of the money goes to the top. That's not a good thing. There's no reason why this country hasn't taken on a massive project of rebuilding it's Infrastructure and Education so that the country could be ready for the future. The Rich have been all too happy to allow this country to ROT from the inside out. That is not a good thing.

This is the richest country in the world and yet we have HORRIBLE schools, roads, bridges, airports, rail and ports. WHY???

In the world of Arkrud, there's no need to create jobs, the poor deserve to be poor because they don't work hard and the rich should continue to accumulate wealth because it "moves civilization forward".

SMDH


Out of all the egregious crap that has been put in this thread, this is the one. I have no interest in getting back into it but I REALLY hate stupid **** like this. A huge reason why the recession happened was because the government loosened standards for down payments, pressured lenders to give "affordable" loans to people even they clearly weren't qualified for it. Unsprupsingly this drove up housing prices until their inevitable decline when the bubble burst.

The neolib that wants to deregulate everything also gets to criticize the government for "loosening standards" - the level of hypocrisy exhibited here is mindboggling. Somehow the it was the government that "pressured" lenders - wow just wow.


Come on man. You've never heard of the CRA? You have to be really stupid to ignore the governments role leading up to 2008.

Furthermore, no one(even though straw man "neo liberal" image you have of me) thinks predatory lending is a good thing. Unfortunately government loosened the standards for this that allowed for profit seekers make full use of predatory lending.

So do you want government regulation of financial markets or not?


If a ban regulation to protect borrwers from fraud consistitutes regulation then yes I am all for it.
The Future is Bright!
OT: The American middle class just got their goose cooked

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.