[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2018 offseason
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2017  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  3:05 PM
If Kanter asks for 100+mm Im not paying--Im not sure I want any thing near that anyway.

3 years 21mm to J Okafor
4 year 90 mm to I Thomas if he comes back at same level he was in Boston. He will take tremendous pressure off KP and give us another star.

Then I want one of K knox#1 Mikal Bridges #2 with number 1 pick (which will be below 5)
Chicago pick Jalen Brunson buy or acquire a pick Bonzie Colson

Staying Hardaway JR Mcdermott(on the cheap)KP Frank Willy Dotson ad I Thomas lets say Mikal Bridges J Brunson B Colson J Okafor

Need to get rid of Lee and stretch Noah to get this done

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2017  3:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:If Kanter asks for 100+mm Im not paying--Im not sure I want any thing near that anyway.

3 years 21mm to J Okafor
4 year 90 mm to I Thomas if he comes back at same level he was in Boston. He will take tremendous pressure off KP and give us another star.

Then I want one of K knox#1 Mikal Bridges #2 with number 1 pick (which will be below 5)

Staying Hardaway JR Mcdermott(on the cheap)KP Frank Willy Dotson ad I Thomas lets say Mikal Bridges J Brunson B Colson J Okafor

cap space is coming from Kanter opting out of his $18mm due next year?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
11/29/2017  3:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If Kanter asks for 100+mm Im not paying--Im not sure I want any thing near that anyway.

3 years 21mm to J Okafor

If you were Kanters agent--would you take 18mm? or will you ask for 5 years and 110mm?

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/29/2017  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  3:23 PM
I don't see the market for Kanter being crazy. Definitely not 100M. There just aren't many teams with cap space and the ones who do won't pay huge money for a center. The cap boom is over, and all the bigs getting overpaid is over as well. I think if Kanter opts out he will be open to re-negotiating a fair contract as he seems very happy as a Knick and will want to remain here. Maybe around 15 mil a year. His value is obvious after these 3 games. Why not resign him when he's only 25 years old and fits perfectly alongside KP? That's the idea of rebuilding, getting young players who fit well around the star player. So i'm resigning him, and drafting someone like Mikal Bridges to give 3 and D help at the wing. I'm staying away from Okafor. He has been the worst player in the league from a contribution standpoint. I'll just resign Beasley for the minimum if i want quick points around the basket. I would rather give that type of contract to someone like Cory Joseph and get a quality backup PG to help support Ntilikina. And keep Jack as 3rd string PG for his influence.

Briggs you have been all about Kanter this entire time. Why do you keep changing your mind so quickly?

BRIGGS
11/29/2017  3:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:I don't see the market for Kanter being crazy. Definitely not 100M. There just aren't many teams with cap space and the ones who do won't pay huge money for a center. The cap boom is over, and all the bigs getting overpaid is over as well. I think if Kanter opts out he will be open to re-negotiating a fair contract as he seems very happy as a Knick and will want to remain here. Maybe around 15 mil a year. His value is obvious after these 3 games. Why not resign him when he's only 25 years old and fits perfectly alongside KP? That's the idea of rebuilding, getting young players who fit well around the star player. So i'm resigning him, and drafting someone like Mikal Bridges to give 3 and D help at the wing. I'm staying away from Okafor. He has been the worst player in the league from a contribution standpoint. I'll just resign Beasley for the minimum if i want quick points around the basket. I would rather give that type of contract to someone like Cory Joseph and get a quality backup PG to help support Ntilikina. And keep Jack as 3rd string PG for his influence.

Briggs you have been all about Kanter this entire time. Why do you keep changing your mind so quickly?

Ill pay I Thomas 90mm not Kanter--I like Kanter but Im not paying anything near that big loot. I want a big skilled player next to KP--doesnt have to be a star--just has to cost be around 7mm. Im not saying I want to trad for Ok4 for my health--I know Knater will be a heavy cost and Willy is not ready. Ok4 can help now and he wont break the bank.
I hope we can get Knox in the draft but I doubt it.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/29/2017  3:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I don't see the market for Kanter being crazy. Definitely not 100M. There just aren't many teams with cap space and the ones who do won't pay huge money for a center. The cap boom is over, and all the bigs getting overpaid is over as well. I think if Kanter opts out he will be open to re-negotiating a fair contract as he seems very happy as a Knick and will want to remain here. Maybe around 15 mil a year. His value is obvious after these 3 games. Why not resign him when he's only 25 years old and fits perfectly alongside KP? That's the idea of rebuilding, getting young players who fit well around the star player. So i'm resigning him, and drafting someone like Mikal Bridges to give 3 and D help at the wing. I'm staying away from Okafor. He has been the worst player in the league from a contribution standpoint. I'll just resign Beasley for the minimum if i want quick points around the basket. I would rather give that type of contract to someone like Cory Joseph and get a quality backup PG to help support Ntilikina. And keep Jack as 3rd string PG for his influence.

Ill pay I Thomas 90mm not Kanter--I like Kanter but Im not paying anything near that big loot. I want a big skilled player next to KP--doesnt have to be a star--just has to cost be around 7mm. Im not saying I want to trad for Ok4 for my health--I know Knater will be a heavy cost and Willy is not ready. Ok4 can help now and he wont break the bank.

You would pay a 5'8" shooting guard coming off a bad injury over Kanter? I'm not saying Isaiah isn't good, but don't you want to see him play a game first? Also, I don't think Kanter opts out.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
11/29/2017  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  3:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Kanter is younger and not the same injury risk as IT. IT will likely age poorly based on lack of size and reliance on quickness. It would not be a good investment.

awe1028
Member: #2780

11/29/2017  3:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You would pay a 5'8" shooting guard coming off a bad injury over Kanter? I'm not saying Isaiah isn't good, but don't you want to see him play a game first? Also, I don't think Kanter opts out.

Precisely As you rightly say IT is too short with a bad hip. He is also 28 which is not particularly old but when you factor in giving him a 4 year contract it's too risky for me. No thank you. Continue developing Frank he's the PG and draft either of the two Bridgeses or Knox. That I can get behind
Knixkik
USA
11/29/2017  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  4:48 PM
Signing a 5'8 PG coming off injury at age 29 to a near 100M dollar contract would be the most Knick thing we could possibly do. What could be more Knicks than that? Just stay the course, and keep good young talent when you have it i.e. Kanter.
BRIGGS
11/29/2017  5:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:Signing a 5'8 PG coming off injury at age 29 to a near 100M dollar contract would be the most Knick thing we could possibly do. What could be more Knicks than that? Just stay the course, and keep good young talent when you have it i.e. Kanter.

Where I live is unfortunately conducive to watching many Celtic games. I love Isiah Thomas--hes a fcking warrior and hes good. Saying hes 5-8 means sht. Now saying hes injured DOES mean something and thats why I say we need to watch him from December on--youll seem him many many times. Who am I willing to pay big bucks to Kanter or THomas--a healthy Thomas is a star? A healthy Thomas willed the Cs to position one in the east. You start adding in KP Tim Hardaway a year older Okafor really good role players mature rookies--then you have something. We have a lot of big guards Frank Doton Hardaway some big front-court players--we have enough to help slightly compensate the size at PG.

Notice on my rookies--first off Im not going to say a top 5 pick --because we dont have 1. I like Knox--thats my big hope--but he may end up just to high. So OLDER rookies efficient two way smart winners Mikal Bridges Jalen Brunson Bonzie Colson--guys who can help right now.

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
11/29/2017  6:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Signing a 5'8 PG coming off injury at age 29 to a near 100M dollar contract would be the most Knick thing we could possibly do. What could be more Knicks than that? Just stay the course, and keep good young talent when you have it i.e. Kanter.

Where I live is unfortunately conducive to watching many Celtic games. I love Isiah Thomas--hes a fcking warrior and hes good. Saying hes 5-8 means sht. Now saying hes injured DOES mean something and thats why I say we need to watch him from December on--youll seem him many many times. Who am I willing to pay big bucks to Kanter or THomas--a healthy Thomas is a star? A healthy Thomas willed the Cs to position one in the east. You start adding in KP Tim Hardaway a year older Okafor really good role players mature rookies--then you have something. We have a lot of big guards Frank Doton Hardaway some big front-court players--we have enough to help slightly compensate the size at PG.

Notice on my rookies--first off Im not going to say a top 5 pick --because we dont have 1. I like Knox--thats my big hope--but he may end up just to high. So OLDER rookies efficient two way smart winners Mikal Bridges Jalen Brunson Bonzie Colson--guys who can help right now.

This year is not the year to go all in.
KP and the rest are not ready.
No point to rush anything.
I doubt 2019 is the year also.
By 2020 we can get all assets we need to be a contender.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
11/29/2017  7:59 PM
Just watching kanter, this guy is awesome. He is our second most important player. His scoring efficiency and rebounding ability are so important. The extra possessions we get with his offensive rebounding is worth big money alone.
Knixkik
USA
11/29/2017  9:51 PM
This week says everything about the value of kanter. From the games he missed to tonight's dominance.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/30/2017  7:30 AM
Knixkik wrote:This week says everything about the value of kanter. From the games he missed to tonight's dominance.

+1
Right now, Kanter may be our MVP

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/30/2017  7:55 AM
the only reason you hesitate to give Kanter $100m is we got Noah stuck at similar money for 2 more years. If Noah wasn't here, you'd sign Kanter in a hot second to that deal.

Not signing Kanter is like the Mets not signing Daniel Murphy. We will regret it 100x.

If you want cap space moving forward, perhaps you trade Lee, and hope Dotson can contribute there.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/30/2017  8:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Kanter is younger and not the same injury risk as IT. IT will likely age poorly based on lack of size and reliance on quickness. It would not be a good investment.

This ^^^ That's another impulsive BRIGGSian reco. As much as I appreciate your hoops knowledge, B...some of your talent recos on contracts seem poorly conceived.

fishmike
USA
11/30/2017  9:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

3 years 21mm to J Okafor

If you were Kanters agent--would you take 18mm? or will you ask for 5 years and 110mm?

Do your research and take a look at the FA crop and field of teams. What team is offering Kanter 110mm? What teams will have that cap space? Almost none if you take the time to go check. The following year is much more wide open. Kanter will opt in. Also Kanter loves playing in NY. Its literally a dream so its most likely he will do what he can to stay here. People value that.
fishmike
USA
11/30/2017  9:40 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

So your looking at the Cole Aldridge, Al Jefferson caliber talent pool? Great....
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/30/2017  11:17 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So your looking at the Cole Aldridge, Al Jefferson caliber talent pool? Great....

Briggs doesn't appear to put much stock in the center position, wanted to get rid of Lopez as well. We have one of the most dominating front lines in the league. 7 million? You get what you pay for in this case. Sure wont be anyone as effective as Kanter. Probably wont do KP's game any good either.

Knixkik
USA
11/30/2017  11:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Briggs doesn't appear to put much stock in the center position, wanted to get rid of Lopez as well. We have one of the most dominating front lines in the league. 7 million? You get what you pay for in this case. Sure wont be anyone as effective as Kanter. Probably wont do KP's game any good either.

Exactly right. Can't get a good starter for that money. We already have a good center. The only thing worse than paying older, injury prone players big money is letting go of young, talented players when they are due to be paid. Kanter fits so well next to KP and for the culture of this team. Letting him go to chase bigger names is the type of stuff that sets you up for failure and probably drives away KP when he's a free agent.

2018 offseason

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy