[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Fish is BLAZING tonight and so are the Knicks! Gonna send some suckas on a trail back home!
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/28/2017  9:37 AM
Vmart wrote:Player and ball movement has been dwindling over the last 7-8 games. Easy scoring is getting less and less. When was the last time KP had a dunk? He should be getting 3-4 per game. Clyde said it best he is settling and his FG% has been taking a dive. Get back to basics of Phil’s system. Spacing is bad and the team can’t stop bleeding when the other team makes a run because they simply don’t have a go to system.

THJ was a no show and jacks up some crazy shots they have to get a better grasp of good shots and get better shots. KP as a slasher is becoming more and more nonexistent. Jeff has to get a better understanding of his rotation and players he has. During that second quarter they couldn’t score didn’t understand why Beasley wasn’t inserted into the line up. Frank has to be more aggressive and draw defenders by driving to the hoop his game is regressing he simply isn’t looking at the hoop and creating easy shot opportunities.

I agree 100% re ball movement and not sure what's going on there, e.g., whether defense is taking certain opportunities away forcing Knicks to adapt, or if the players are just not doing what they're supposed to. The blazers with all their guard talent nonetheless showed a lot more player movement IMO. I also agree there is something weird going on with KP settling for bombs. Dunks are nice, but he was killing it on simple moves 12' from the rim. Now he wants to play guard again. He is having problems playing against physical defenses that take space away from him. Not sure what the answer is. Earlier in the season it seemed he relaxed a bit and just simply shot over people

I disagree re THJ. He has the fire and competitiveness we need. He's been our best wing on the break. Takes charges from 270 lb steam roller. Yes occasionally jacks a shot but I think it's with the right purpose of trying to ignite something. When someone else is hot, I don't see him complaining about lack of shots and he seems happy that the team is scoring even if through someone else.

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/28/2017  9:41 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm very pleased with how much better Willy's effort has been on D. He picked it up BIG TIME! That's what he's gonna need to do in order to earn more PT.

hardly dude. he was OK guarding the perimeter still horrible in the paint.

Totally disagree!!! Willy got a block and was much more aggressive defending during that run the Knicks had. I'm not sure you were watching everything he was doing but he was all over Nurkic and putting pressure on him. He was just much more forceful.

It was mostly on the perimeter.

He played with a little more energy in the 2nd half, but cmon man, he's nothing special either way. I don't why mills feels like he's untouchable.

We're trying to measure progress here. Willy did in fact play harder and he grabbed 9 rebounds and a block in 16 minutes. He's got to continue to improve which is the entire point of this process of developing players. Too many guys want to kill off young players after just 20 games and that's not really smart. You have to take a longer view than that. Especially with Willy who we know has talent and he's on a great contract. WHY BE IMPATIENT???

Some of it is the roster imbalance with all of the centers. Some of it is how much Kanter has brought to the team. Some of it is Willy's poor play.

Yeah Willy has mostly stunk! At the start of this game when Willy came in he was HORRIBLE. I did see him play better in the 2nd half. The guy needs a lot of work but I think he has the ability to play much better than this. He’s gotta MAN UP and stop wussing out. Tonight in the 2nd half I saw some effort but he’s still got a ways to go.

He has had many poor appearances, bad passes, no hustle getting back, free throws, etc. I am hoping it is in his head and he just needs to snap out of it. Perhaps he should change his hairdo to last year's model, grow a beard or something. DO something to snap out of it. I am also hoping he has coaches and mentors telling him to keep his chin up and stay persistent, gritty

(5)(5)
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/28/2017  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm very pleased with how much better Willy's effort has been on D. He picked it up BIG TIME! That's what he's gonna need to do in order to earn more PT.

Totally disagree!!! Willy got a block and was much more aggressive defending during that run the Knicks had. I'm not sure you were watching everything he was doing but he was all over Nurkic and putting pressure on him. He was just much more forceful.

Don’t let that amazing block fool you like it almost fooled me. Willy played terrible on both ends. He’s not good and likely never will be. Stumbling bumbling all over the court. He had a direct hand in every play during their big run that put it away essentially. I’d like to see Noah get all his minutes really. He looked amazing in his few minutes. He looked like he did in Chicago. Would love if he could maintain that for a chunk of time each half.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/28/2017  11:17 AM
Also, WTF has happened to my boy McBrickets? His D has been awful and his offense is gone. Can’t even grab a loose ball without screwing that up. :(
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/28/2017  11:45 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Don’t let that amazing block fool you like it almost fooled me. Willy played terrible on both ends. He’s not good and likely never will be. Stumbling bumbling all over the court. He had a direct hand in every play during their big run that put it away essentially. I’d like to see Noah get all his minutes really. He looked amazing in his few minutes. He looked like he did in Chicago. Would love if he could maintain that for a chunk of time each half.

I still see the talent Willy has and he’s young on a great contract. That’s enough for me to give him more time to be developed and get his act together. Kanter was once a PUTRID Defender and he’s been better this year. He’s still not great but it shows that a player can improve and the same goes for McDermott who was also PUTRID on D but has been much better this year.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/28/2017  12:48 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Also, WTF has happened to my boy McBrickets? His D has been awful and his offense is gone. Can’t even grab a loose ball without screwing that up. :(

McBuckets is going to be dependent on great ball-movement and guards penetrating and creating open looks for him.

Every team finds easy looks for their great shooters but IMO we have done a very poor job finding shots for Doug -- every shot is highly pressured or he has to make a great off ball cut to find a shot. Feels like Horny has to put in 2-3 set plays to free Doug when he is in -- not seeing this personally to date.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/28/2017  12:53 PM
Game blacked out in my area as usual, doesn't sound like I missed much. Glad to hear Noah got a few minutes. If we cant trade him, hope he's healthy enough for a playoff run.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/28/2017  6:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Game blacked out in my area as usual, doesn't sound like I missed much. Glad to hear Noah got a few minutes. If we cant trade him, hope he's healthy enough for a playoff run.

Give reddit a try, I have been watching the whole season on it. But you need to have malwarebytes installed.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

11/28/2017  8:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2017  8:19 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Game blacked out in my area as usual, doesn't sound like I missed much. Glad to hear Noah got a few minutes. If we cant trade him, hope he's healthy enough for a playoff run.

Give reddit a try, I have been watching the whole season on it. But you need to have malwarebytes installed.

Thanks, Im so far out the sticks that I have dialup. Had Hughes internet for over a year. Had their monthly protection plan. A snow storm shifted my antenna enough to give me intermittent service. Called Hughes, they told me it was fine and I needed to buy a second protection plan to get help. Told them to go F themselves. Read that other customers had the same issue. Awful company.

GustavBahler

11/28/2017  8:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2017  8:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Thanks, Im so far out the sticks that I have dialup. Had Hughes internet for over a year. Had their monthly protection plan. A snow storm shifted my antenna enough to give me intermittent service. Called Hughes, they told me it was fine and I needed to buy a second protection plan to get help. Told them to go F themselves. Read that other customers had the same issue. Awful company.

Forgot to add that Im getting a cell phone signal booster soon. Might improve my options, like streaming. Only one bar out here, if Im lucky.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2017  10:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Forgot to add that Im getting a cell phone signal booster soon. Might improve my options, like streaming. Only one bar out here, if Im lucky.

You might get some ideas at this site,
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/3_0.html
If you go to the bottom left of the page there is a search option. These guys are pretty resourceful and have a lot of good ideas. Good luck.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

11/28/2017  11:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

You might get some ideas at this site,
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/3_0.html
If you go to the bottom left of the page there is a search option. These guys are pretty resourceful and have a lot of good ideas. Good luck.

Thanks, will check it out.

Gamethread: Fish is BLAZING tonight and so are the Knicks! Gonna send some suckas on a trail back home!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy