[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp is simply not a reliable player to be counted on
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/1/2017  6:47 AM
Nalod wrote:Briggs can see the future? Hakeem at age 22 was how good?
Hakeem in retrospect a HOF great. KP at age 22 nobody can say what his ceiling.
How arrogant one is being the wise sage who can predict less than exuberance than the fool who promotes the positive? Briggs does not have a good eye, he throws out many ideas and non accountable to reality because its a fans prerogative to spew as he wishes.
He can’t even tell us what Philly wants for Oka4.
Real GM’s have to deal with details while fans can speak as they wish with no basis of what the currency is to obtain those concepts.

On average both optimists and pessimists are more wrong than people taking neutral stance about the future. That's what makes it average.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo

12/1/2017  6:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2017  6:59 AM
If and when KP gets paid like a franchise player it will be ok to compare his stats and his value to them. For now he is by far the best VALUE in the whole NBA. Will he be valuable as a franchise player will depend on how his game, durability and his attitude changes over the next couple of years.
teamsport72
Member: #6172

12/1/2017  9:24 AM
Does anyone still take Briggs stuff serious? Panic attacks across the board, trade KP for 2 first-rounders, trade Willy for 2 BigMacs, shoot me in the pinky?

UK is officially the Panic Room :-)

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2017  9:56 AM
teamsport72 wrote:Does anyone still take Briggs stuff serious? Panic attacks across the board, trade KP for 2 first-rounders, trade Willy for 2 BigMacs, shoot me in the pinky?

If you have a day traders mentality which most fans have, then riding the emotional bi-polar when nobody is accountable for a thing. What’s the glory? “Told ya so”!!

Briggs liked Kanter. Good call but its dilutive because he likes a lot of things. You get few opportunities to draft, sign players and make trades. There is also a time line that exists a very small window of opportunity to make those decisions. None of us are armed with this accuracy but we sling away trade concepts and desires.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/1/2017  10:18 AM
Nalod wrote:
teamsport72 wrote:Does anyone still take Briggs stuff serious? Panic attacks across the board, trade KP for 2 first-rounders, trade Willy for 2 BigMacs, shoot me in the pinky?

If you have a day traders mentality which most fans have, then riding the emotional bi-polar when nobody is accountable for a thing. What’s the glory? “Told ya so”!!

Briggs liked Kanter. Good call but its dilutive because he likes a lot of things. You get few opportunities to draft, sign players and make trades. There is also a time line that exists a very small window of opportunity to make those decisions. None of us are armed with this accuracy but we sling away trade concepts and desires.

I know Briggs changes his mind a lot, but what i don't get is he loves Kanter, and now that we have him and he is playing as well as anyone could have hoped, he doesn't want to give him a big contract. He would rather pay injured IT.

meloshouldgo

12/1/2017  1:38 PM
Briggsian dystopia has a nice sound it. It may even be contagious
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/1/2017  4:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bernard30 wrote:This is ridiculous. KP will go down as one of the all time greats of the game. He is next level, superstar talent. Briggs, I LOVE your eye but you are wrong this time. Sure, maybe he'll have injuries at points but I fully believe KP will lead us to our first championship in my lifetime. Without him, we have no shot at anything any time soon...

No no no. Im not saying trade KP?? Im saying I do not think hes a Hakeem Olujuwan type FP. We cannot count on him to drag this team to 57 wins--wont happen--hes not that type of player nor will he physically be able to do 80 games then the playoffs. What Im saying is its clear that he can be a form of a franchise player but will need much better pieces that can take the bruden off him. Olujawan--you put 7 role players around him --you cant do that here.

You can’t do that with any player these days. Not even Lebron.

teamsport72
Member: #6172

12/1/2017  5:37 PM
I will not listen to somebody who cannot spell Olajuwon right. English is my third language, what the fcuk am I even doing here reading this shyte? Briggs, go fcuk yourself.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/1/2017  7:55 PM
teamsport72 wrote:I will not listen to somebody who cannot spell Olajuwon right. English is my third language, what the fcuk am I even doing here reading this shyte? Briggs, go fcuk yourself.

You do realize that u aren't long for this forum. Do u actually contribute anything worthwhile?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2017  12:52 PM
I think Mark Berman hit it spot on--KP is no franchise player. He physically is not one. He has to have others help him. Hes a GREAT player but his style of play with his frame is a disaster area head on. Nothing to be relied on in a big way. We need him to be part of the solution not the main cog.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  12:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think Mark Berman hit it spot on--KP is no franchise player. He physically is not one. He has to have others help him. Hes a GREAT player but his style of play with his frame is a disaster area head on. Nothing to be relied on in a big way. We need him to be part of the solution not the main cog.

You have it backwards, Mark Berman thinks your spot on!!!!
Thank you for not starting an new thread.

Knixkik
USA
12/5/2017  12:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think Mark Berman hit it spot on--KP is no franchise player. He physically is not one. He has to have others help him. Hes a GREAT player but his style of play with his frame is a disaster area head on. Nothing to be relied on in a big way. We need him to be part of the solution not the main cog.

So do you not think Anthony Davis is a franchise player either? Or Kawhi? What's your threshold as far as injuries keeping a player from being a franchise player?

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/5/2017  12:56 PM

the blind leading the blind. nice.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Member: #303
12/5/2017  1:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:

So do you not think Anthony Davis is a franchise player either? Or Kawhi? What's your threshold as far as injuries keeping a player from being a franchise player?

A Davis is a franchise talent--not a franchise player. He cant stay healthy--if a guy cant anchor the team--then is he really a franchise player? K leoanard is part of a team thats really good--that lets players take many games off. They dont rely on K leaonard--thats why they win? Thats whre we need KP--we need a team that can win without him.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
12/5/2017  1:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

A Davis is a franchise talent--not a franchise player. He cant stay healthy--if a guy cant anchor the team--then is he really a franchise player? K leoanard is part of a team thats really good--that lets players take many games off. They dont rely on K leaonard--thats why they win? Thats whre we need KP--we need a team that can win without him.

Ok i definitely agree, we need to build a team that can win without him and tread water during the 10-15 games KP misses each year. But i don't think that means KP isn't a franchise player. He is still someone you want to build around. We just have different definitions.

Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  1:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We need a good team WITH KP. That is so brilliant it defines your level of out of the box thinking that establishes you a one of the great minds on any thread!
So unique a perspective its amazing no team has figured this out and employed you. The keen forsight of knowing a team with a pathetic history and losing seasons has not turned it around in quarter of a season is mind-blowingly amazing!!!
That KP has missed 4 games of 23.

What is obvious to all is: yes, he has the talent but is not that franchise player. But, like most things are not a straight line and for about 15 games he has demonstrated he could be.

Potential at 22 is still there. Did you see the play he got hurt? Now, I too wish he could not try saving a ball in the corner like that but he is freaky good to have even been there!!
UNTIL HE IS THAT FRANCHISE PLAYER HE IS NOT. HOW AMZINGLY BRILLIANT ARE YOU? YOUR ARGUING WITH PEOPLE WHO KNOW THIS BUT ONLY WISH HE CONTINUES TO PROGRESS. YOU ARE SAYING HE WON'T. YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT, BUT WHO THE PHUCK CARES?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/6/2017  9:52 AM

Hey Briggs was right about Greg Monroe being better than Rolo. Wasn't he?

We have a unicorn. He needs to stay healthy until we have more than overpaid pipe dreams around him. And we need to keep trying to win, not tank. Or the brother agent may make all this trade **** moot for us after next season.

Nalod
USA
12/6/2017  11:30 AM
jrodmc wrote:

We have a unicorn. He needs to stay healthy until we have more than overpaid pipe dreams around him. And we need to keep trying to win, not tank. Or the brother agent may make all this trade **** moot for us after next season.

Yes. MY fav's are "He is not yet a franshicse player until.....", "He needs to get stronger"......Yes, he needs DRAGO like build! Ne needs to play a full season....yes he does. He has missed 17% of our games. We have played 28% of our season thus far.
He arguably played about 8 games of the first 11 at MVP level. That's 10% of the season. Dude came out and said "I can do this". He can. Now he need understands to sustain that requires more. More fish, chicken and weights according to Briggs suggestion to frank.
KP does things that amaze most fans that he at that height has that kind of mobility. I for one find his inclusion to be fascinating.

Three things will happen at the end of this season:

1. He signs an extension
2. he doesn't

Two things happen the end of next season:

1. he Tests free agency but we can match.
2. He plays it out and becomes unrestricted.

Two things we can do:

1. Let him walk.
2. Offer an ultimatum that if he decides to walk free we trade him. He will have power to where he wants to go.

His freedom and wonderful "its not about the money" would come with a risk. He can lose multi generational wealth if he gets hurt.
Her is the funny thing. Perry and MIlls know more about everything than we do. There are other scenarios I don't know. That's right, Mills and Perry are smarter than I am. Since Nalod is smarter than Briggs, He knows even less. (Tongue in cheek sarcasm)
I hope KP loves New York and that our current state of normalcy builds confidence in KP that he is part of our future.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/7/2017  5:36 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Yes. MY fav's are "He is not yet a franshicse player until.....", "He needs to get stronger"......Yes, he needs DRAGO like build! Ne needs to play a full season....yes he does. He has missed 17% of our games. We have played 28% of our season thus far.
He arguably played about 8 games of the first 11 at MVP level. That's 10% of the season. Dude came out and said "I can do this". He can. Now he need understands to sustain that requires more. More fish, chicken and weights according to Briggs suggestion to frank.
KP does things that amaze most fans that he at that height has that kind of mobility. I for one find his inclusion to be fascinating.

1. He signs an extension
2. he doesn't

Two things we can do:

1. Let him walk.
2. Offer an ultimatum that if he decides to walk free we trade him. He will have power to where he wants to go.

His freedom and wonderful "its not about the money" would come with a risk. He can lose multi generational wealth if he gets hurt.
Her is the funny thing. Perry and MIlls know more about everything than we do. There are other scenarios I don't know. That's right, Mills and Perry are smarter than I am. Since Nalod is smarter than Briggs, He knows even less. (Tongue in cheek sarcasm)
I hope KP loves New York and that our current state of normalcy builds confidence in KP that he is part of our future.

Home, sweet home.
It will take some extraordinary sucking to have KP walk.
The City, The Money, The Stage, The Swagger...
No way he will go anywhere.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
12/8/2017  9:46 AM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

1. He signs an extension
2. he doesn't

Two things we can do:

1. Let him walk.

Home, sweet home.
It will take some extraordinary sucking to have KP walk.
The City, The Money, The Stage, The Swagger...
No way he will go anywhere.

There has to be a hope for a star player that he will get the support. Chaos and turnover top to bottom will discourage. The benefits of NYC are many but life sours without some success.
If KP is on boar with the plan then we have a good chance of retaining him.

Kp is simply not a reliable player to be counted on

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy