[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hanging it out there: Malcolm Brogdon for Willy? 🤔
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/25/2017  1:53 PM
Willy is the next coming of Marc Gasol.....

Yeah ok...

But the salaries match for a trade.

What do you think?

Willy and a second rounder for The ROY?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2017  2:42 PM
I thought the Bucks loved Brogdon. Have things changed since the Bledsoe trade? He would be a great guy to get and it would help fix the log jam at center.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/25/2017  3:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I thought the Bucks loved Brogdon. Have things changed since the Bledsoe trade? He would be a great guy to get and it would help fix the log jam at center.

They have the opposite problem as us. A bunch of guards but no real bigs. I have to think on it some more, but the trade proposal seems solid. After last night's game, I do wonder how flush we really are at center. An inury here, a trade there and we may be compromised. I'd rather try to move KOQ first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/25/2017  4:00 PM
No interest in moving Willy till he gets consistent minutes and a role on the team. If we need to move someone it should be KOQ. Right now we have to completely reevaluate Willy again since he hasn't really played any meaningful minutes
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/25/2017  5:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:No interest in moving Willy till he gets consistent minutes and a role on the team. If we need to move someone it should be KOQ. Right now we have to completely reevaluate Willy again since he hasn't really played any meaningful minutes
this. As much as i like kyle he has definetly crashed back to earth lately
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/25/2017  6:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:Willy is the next coming of Marc Gasol.....

Yeah ok...

But the salaries match for a trade.

What do you think?

Willy and a second rounder for The ROY?

He didn't have much competition for the ROY award though. I think he's alright but i don't think he's gonna be a great player in the NBA.

CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2017  6:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:No interest in moving Willy till he gets consistent minutes and a role on the team. If we need to move someone it should be KOQ. Right now we have to completely reevaluate Willy again since he hasn't really played any meaningful minutes
this. As much as i like kyle he has definetly crashed back to earth lately
I don't think Kyle gets you Brogdon. I also don't think Willy should be untouchable. I know Begley said in a podcast at the start of the season that he thought KP wouldn't resign if Willy was traded. Brogdon for Willy seems pretty fair. I think the Knicks would need to give up more than Willy to get Brogdon. Brogdon is also supposed to be a tremendous leader.
EnySpree

11/25/2017  8:02 PM
Willy is not going to play for us. He's super soft inside. He's a finnese guy that boxes out for rebounds. Can he get better? Yes... but we already have a 25 year old center in Kanter. We have Noah and KOQ. Brogdon would improve the back court. He starts over Jack and Frank and makes us better. Willy starts for the Bucks and gets his 15pts and 15 rebounds... Kanter gives him 30 and 12 every single time
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/26/2017  6:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:Willy is not going to play for us. He's super soft inside. He's a finnese guy that boxes out for rebounds. Can he get better? Yes... but we already have a 25 year old center in Kanter. We have Noah and KOQ. Brogdon would improve the back court. He starts over Jack and Frank and makes us better. Willy starts for the Bucks and gets his 15pts and 15 rebounds... Kanter gives him 30 and 12 every single time

Problem with this scenario is Kanter is a probable free agent. Willy is signed for 2 more years after this. If Kanter gets a great offer from a good team, he is likely to move on there unless we beat that offer. Teams like the Knicks have to overpay players to have them play on a team that is not a contender or a playoff lock. Look at Hardaway, look at Noah. We will be not getting Kanter at the same price a contender or playoff lock would get him. If we can get him on the same deal he is on now, I am happy with Enes. I agree he has proven to be a core player. However if he leaves, which is a possibility, then you have to be happy that atleast you have a young player in Willy.

Willy has had very little time with KP. KP opens up the game for the 5, because he's posting up like a beast and there's help and D zoned in on him. Give Willy 20-25 minutes a game with KP, he'll drop huge numbers. The problem with Willy is his defense. He has to improve.

That said, we're 1-7 on the road and a pretty bad defensive team still and that's without Willy. Don't get too facinated with a .500 (at best) team. Willy can be a longterm player for us. You have to first give him a shot with this version of KP, Timmy and Frank before you dump his ass.

Have we ever even see the lineup of Willy, KP, THJ, Lee and Frank for an extended period? That's our best lineup talent wise.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/26/2017  6:19 AM
EnySpree wrote:Willy is not going to play for us. He's super soft inside. He's a finnese guy that boxes out for rebounds. Can he get better? Yes... but we already have a 25 year old center in Kanter. We have Noah and KOQ. Brogdon would improve the back court. He starts over Jack and Frank and makes us better. Willy starts for the Bucks and gets his 15pts and 15 rebounds... Kanter gives him 30 and 12 every single time

The more I see, if Wily is soft and Kanter cNt get passed his +/- issues and defensive woes, $20Mm will be a lot to Pay at the Center spot when Noah is making oodles as well even with a stretch.
Bucks like their PG. I’m thinking don’t sign Kanter, stretch Noah, and look at Bamba, Ayers and Begley. With the money you saved you’ll fetch either a pg or 3. Guess you gave up on Frank already huh? No Frank, no Wily. Forget the youth movement already? Don’t think so.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/26/2017  6:25 AM
Paris907 wrote:

The more I see, if Wily is soft and Kanter cNt get passed his +/- issues and defensive woes, $20Mm will be a lot to Pay at the Center spot when Noah is making oodles as well even with a stretch.
Bucks like their PG. I’m thinking don’t sign Kanter, stretch Noah, and look at Bamba, Ayers and Begley. With the money you saved you’ll fetch either a pg or 3. Guess you gave up on Frank already huh? No Frank, no Wily. Forget the youth movement already? Don’t think so.

That's what kills me.
The team is where they are because they had drafted Porzingis. They signed a young free agent in Hardaway (even if they overpaid) and they also got a defensive guard in the lottery draft. They traded Melo for more youth. This is why we've gotten better.

We're not going to keep getting better if we repeat the same mistakes that were made before Phil Jackson came to the Knicks. Do not get too excited over a team that is 1-7 on the road and when the home/road games even out, will likely be out of the playoff 8. This is a borderline playoff team at best. Which in itself is a great attribute to KP, the coaching staff and the effort from this team. I love that about this group. But focus needs to remain on 25 and younger. Willy fits that perfectly. If you trade Willy and Kanter walks at season's end, you're screwed.

CrushAlot
USA
11/26/2017  12:32 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

That's what kills me.
The team is where they are because they had drafted Porzingis. They signed a young free agent in Hardaway (even if they overpaid) and they also got a defensive guard in the lottery draft. They traded Melo for more youth. This is why we've gotten better.

We're not going to keep getting better if we repeat the same mistakes that were made before Phil Jackson came to the Knicks. Do not get too excited over a team that is 1-7 on the road and when the home/road games even out, will likely be out of the playoff 8. This is a borderline playoff team at best. Which in itself is a great attribute to KP, the coaching staff and the effort from this team. I love that about this group. But focus needs to remain on 25 and younger. Willy fits that perfectly. If you trade Willy and Kanter walks at season's end, you're screwed.

The Knicks need to keep Kanter. KP is much better playing next to a center that does a lot of the dirty work. Willy at this point is not that guy. KP's play has been much better when playing with Kanter/Rolo types. I am not sure how trading Willy for last year's roy is making the same mistake as before. You are getting back a young player in a position of need and moving a guy that is third on your depth chart. I don't think bringing in Brogdon is giving up on Frank. I think if management sees it as a way of improving the team they should do it. Brogdon fits with the youth movement, is a leader, can play both backcourt spots and defends his position. But the Bucks love him. I remember reading an article where it said their lead scout wanted to take Brogdon with the tenth pick. I am not sure why they would trade him and if they did I don't know if Willy would be enough for them to move him.
EnySpree

11/26/2017  2:42 PM
Paris907 wrote:

Didn't say anything about Frank.... Frank has heart, plays hard and is getting better. Willy is soft... you can't develop heart. I'm not willing to wait for a 23 year old man to find his balls. Plus or minus doesn't determine heart. Kanters moral effect on the team doesn't show up in plus and minus. Kanter wants to be here, so I can see him sitting out for a while dfoe the Knicks to make moves before he resigns... He has a player option anyway. If guys just want to throw away what we have good going for ourselves for hopes and dreams then why are you here? We need to be trying to build not continue to keep reflipping the roster every year.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/26/2017  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2017  3:02 PM
Paris907 wrote:

I think Noah is just a sunk cost and shouldn't be factored into any of our decisions. He's a center, which is the same as Willy, KOQ, and Kanter, but if he's going to get 0 mpg, it doesn't really matter which position he plays.
EnySpree

11/26/2017  3:05 PM
Btw trading Willy for Brogdon isn't giving up on a young player for as old player. BROGDON is 24 and isn't a flat out softie on the court like Willy
Paris907
USA
11/26/2017  3:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Didn't say anything about Frank.... Frank has heart, plays hard and is getting better. Willy is soft... you can't develop heart. I'm not willing to wait for a 23 year old man to find his balls. Plus or minus doesn't determine heart. Kanters moral effect on the team doesn't show up in plus and minus. Kanter wants to be here, so I can see him sitting out for a while dfoe the Knicks to make moves before he resigns... He has a player option anyway. If guys just want to throw away what we have good going for ourselves for hopes and dreams then why are you here? We need to be trying to build not continue to keep reflipping the roster every year.

Well that makes lots of sense. You want KAnters balls. I knew it. Listen, I’m not talking bromance, we are talking wins and losses. You want Brogden and to sit Frank. That’s what would occur no? I mean Brogden was a rookie last year so if you got him, Frank would sit. That’s what you’re suggesting isn’t it ? If I’m wrong explain your logic as I’m missing it and so is everyone else.

BTW, Wily per 36 minutes was averaging 13.5 boards per game last year. You call that soft? Guess you’ve got it all figured out. You want a moral victory. Fine sit Frank, get Brogden, purge Wily and enjoy your moral victory. I suspect you meant Morale, right? bTW, as he’s a free agent, we will see him test the market and find out just how badly he wants to be a Knick.

EnySpree

11/26/2017  3:28 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Well that makes lots of sense. You want KAnters balls. I knew it. Listen, I’m not talking bromance, we are talking wins and losses. You want Brogden and to sit Frank. That’s what would occur no? I mean Brogden was a rookie last year so if you got him, Frank would sit. That’s what you’re suggesting isn’t it ? If I’m wrong explain your logic as I’m missing it and so is everyone else.

BTW, Wily per 36 minutes was averaging 13.5 boards per game last year. You call that soft? Guess you’ve got it all figured out. You want a moral victory. Fine sit Frank, get Brogden, purge Wily and enjoy your moral victory. I suspect you meant Morale, right? bTW, as he’s a free agent, we will see him test the market and find out just how badly he wants to be a Knick.

All the extra stuff is cool but it only solidifies the fact you want Willys penis firmly inserted into your anus. We're taking basketball. Plenty of players have have a 36 per minute average that says one thing but their game says another. If you watched the last few games he's been in he was getting pushed around easily. He was allowing guys to sail into the paint without any resistance. He got barked on by Lee and even Beaslwy the last game. Hornacek curses him out to the point Mike Breen and Clyde cant ignore it.

Paris907
USA
11/26/2017  4:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

All the extra stuff is cool but it only solidifies the fact you want Willys penis firmly inserted into your anus. We're taking basketball. Plenty of players have have a 36 per minute average that says one thing but their game says another. If you watched the last few games he's been in he was getting pushed around easily. He was allowing guys to sail into the paint without any resistance. He got barked on by Lee and even Beaslwy the last game. Hornacek curses him out to the point Mike Breen and Clyde cant ignore it.

Damm I didn’t think you’d come out like a complete bitch this soon yet I suspected as much. It’s okay that your into Enes Anus. You’re secret it just between us. Honestly I’m sorry to strip you of logic and expose your commentary for the trash it is but hey that’s just between us. No one will read your drivel. Again you are talking out of your ass and I will continue to expose you if you continue. “Plenty of players” have 13.5 boards per 36? Okay our local basketball savant, tell us how many is plenty?? Yes tell us. So you want to base Wilys career on the “last few games”. Dude wake up. I won’t contibue to bitch slap you but we all deserve some respect as almost everyone else here knows Knicks hoops.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/26/2017  4:22 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Damm I didn’t think you’d come out like a complete bitch this soon yet I suspected as much. It’s okay that your into Enes Anus. You’re secret it just between us. Honestly I’m sorry to strip you of logic and expose your commentary for the trash it is but hey that’s just between us. No one will read your drivel. Again you are talking out of your ass and I will continue to expose you if you continue. “Plenty of players” have 13.5 boards per 36? Okay our local basketball savant, tell us how many is plenty?? Yes tell us. So you want to base Wilys career on the “last few games”. Dude wake up. I won’t contibue to bitch slap you but we all deserve some respect as almost everyone else here knows Knicks hoops.

He was a legit first team rookie last year and was not soft. It doesn't make sense to give more weight to 100 min this year than 1300 min last year. We will eventually have to sort this out. At least one player from Kanter, KOQ, and Willy needs to be moved eventually but you can't base serious decisions from 100 min.
EnySpree

11/26/2017  6:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2017  6:03 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

You're not even talking hoops. Try coco butter instead of Vaseline.

Bum ass Cole Aldrich was averaging 13 and 14 rebounds per 36 and peeps were crowning him the next big thing. There's more throughout NBA history but wth I don't have to write a thesis on this. It's ok to like a player but not over what's best for the Knicks. We simply need more tougher fighters at every position. His play doesn't fit in with his teammates and his coach that's why he hasn't been playing. You can't develop heart. I'm not getting into the internet creative writing contest. I'm the best there is.... but this isn't even that serous of a topic to waste that energy

Hanging it out there: Malcolm Brogdon for Willy? 🤔

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy