Member: #315
11/24/2017  10:04 PM
we should have won this for barcelona.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/24/2017  10:07 PM
Panos wrote:I didn't see the game, but it sound like we cud have used Noah tonight.

Absolutely... we needed leadership inside.

We could have used Beasley too. We couldn't score. We needed someone to look at the rim.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
90sKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6452

11/24/2017  10:09 PM
The same old Knicks. Nothing new here. Careless turnovers, bad perimeter defense, poor rebounding, no ball movement on offense. Had a great chance to go 4 games above .500 with a definite loss coming tomorrow.

O'quinn has been brutally bad since the Cleveland game and Hernangomez is terrible. Not a huge Noah fan but he should be our 1st big off the bench.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/24/2017  11:20 PM
The Knicks really are bad on the road. This where coaches earn their checks.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/24/2017  11:47 PM
Activate Noah! Hernangomez is a bum, not our future. It’s like he’s stoned and confused. MCD had a garbage game along with a lot of bonehead mistakes by most of the team. Post Turkey day malaise trying to just win without putting in the work. Letting Schroeder just score at will after a simple screen was our undoing. That ref KP bitched at was a little bitch for sure. Like 4 straight whack calls that turned the tide their way. Bad losses will happen, they get paid to play too. If a road loss that we coulda won is our worst loss of the season so far I can’t be too upset. Maybe we balance it out by winning a tough one tomorrow. Kanter is rested at least!
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
11/25/2017  12:46 AM
Zebo13 wrote:Activate Noah! Hernangomez is a bum, not our future. It’s like he’s stoned and confused. MCD had a garbage game along with a lot of bonehead mistakes by most of the team. Post Turkey day malaise trying to just win without putting in the work. Letting Schroeder just score at will after a simple screen was our undoing. That ref KP bitched at was a little bitch for sure. Like 4 straight whack calls that turned the tide their way. Bad losses will happen, they get paid to play too. If a road loss that we coulda won is our worst loss of the season so far I can’t be too upset. Maybe we balance it out by winning a tough one tomorrow. Kanter is rested at least!

Did you not see how much we suck at defending the 3 point line againstbthe Hawks? We have literally no chance of winning tomorrow night. The Rockets are going to bomb us out of the building. If we lose by less than 25 I will be impressed.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/25/2017  2:18 AM
EnySpree wrote:
MS wrote:Typical Knicks.

God, Hardaway takes some awful shots. He’s been so good driving, no idea why he settles for rushed off balanced three pointers.

Sloppy all night.

Chill with that typical Knicks bull****. We don't need no bad karma creeping back up. Right now let's chalk it up to underestimating a weaker opponent. Leave it at that

i think its a 30-35 win team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/25/2017  3:38 AM
why we stopped shoot 3s in second half ? we where so good in first half, i dont get it
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/25/2017  6:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2017  6:44 AM
Zebo13 wrote:Activate Noah! Hernangomez is a bum, not our future. It’s like he’s stoned and confused. MCD had a garbage game along with a lot of bonehead mistakes by most of the team. Post Turkey day malaise trying to just win without putting in the work. Letting Schroeder just score at will after a simple screen was our undoing. That ref KP bitched at was a little bitch for sure. Like 4 straight whack calls that turned the tide their way. Bad losses will happen, they get paid to play too. If a road loss that we coulda won is our worst loss of the season so far I can’t be too upset. Maybe we balance it out by winning a tough one tomorrow. Kanter is rested at least!

Willy's future is a 4 with a player like KP covering the 5. He can't be our 5 on defense. That's the focus he has to have. He's got great skill. Just needs to find a position on defense. He's lucky he has KP on his team. I think Jeff made a big mistake starting O'Quinn. This made Willy come in as our main 5 and that's not where we should be playing. All of Willy's minutes should be with KP on the floor and they should be instructed to switch on defense and offense. IE Willy's the 5 on offense, 4 on defense. KP's the 4 on offense, 5 on defense. This will cause some mismatches and since both players have great post games, it will be a nightmare for opposing teams to defend.

Hornachek is coaching to save his job next season. He's not really looking at player development as much as he was last year. We should be playing Ron Baker, Dotson and Willy regularly in our rotation. What is this team's potential with Jack, O'Quinn, Thomas and Lee as our vets playing big roles? We're going to win 28 games at home, 10 on the road and miss the playoffs with 38 wins. Much better to me if we lose 8 more games and draft higher but develop players who could be quality role players for us next few years.

Not everyone has to be sold on Baker, Dotson and Willy, but there's no excuse for what Hornachek is doing from a re-building perspective. He's completely abandoning player development this year. You look at our rotation - Kanter is a free agent. Jack is a free agent. Lee is a vet with 2 years left. O'Quinn is a free agent. You're playing a rotation where 3 of your top 6 will be free agents at season's end. You're playing a rotation where there's a heavy reliance on veterans. I don't get it because I highly doubt this team is making the playoffs unless they dramatically improve their play on the road.

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
11/25/2017  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2017  10:12 AM
Marv wrote:we should have won this for barcelona.

Shout out

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/25/2017  10:21 AM
Awful effort. Pattern is being repeated to often big lead dwindled down and losing. Pissing a lot of games like that. I don’t think the realize they aren’t good enough to use the cruise button.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/25/2017  10:45 AM
Hawks beat the Cavs this year too... if that makes it better🤒
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/25/2017  11:04 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Willy's future is a 4 with a player like KP covering the 5. He can't be our 5 on defense. That's the focus he has to have. He's got great skill. Just needs to find a position on defense. He's lucky he has KP on his team. I think Jeff made a big mistake starting O'Quinn. This made Willy come in as our main 5 and that's not where we should be playing. All of Willy's minutes should be with KP on the floor and they should be instructed to switch on defense and offense. IE Willy's the 5 on offense, 4 on defense. KP's the 4 on offense, 5 on defense. This will cause some mismatches and since both players have great post games, it will be a nightmare for opposing teams to defend.

Hornachek is coaching to save his job next season. He's not really looking at player development as much as he was last year. We should be playing Ron Baker, Dotson and Willy regularly in our rotation. What is this team's potential with Jack, O'Quinn, Thomas and Lee as our vets playing big roles? We're going to win 28 games at home, 10 on the road and miss the playoffs with 38 wins. Much better to me if we lose 8 more games and draft higher but develop players who could be quality role players for us next few years.

Not everyone has to be sold on Baker, Dotson and Willy, but there's no excuse for what Hornachek is doing from a re-building perspective. He's completely abandoning player development this year. You look at our rotation - Kanter is a free agent. Jack is a free agent. Lee is a vet with 2 years left. O'Quinn is a free agent. You're playing a rotation where 3 of your top 6 will be free agents at season's end. You're playing a rotation where there's a heavy reliance on veterans. I don't get it because I highly doubt this team is making the playoffs unless they dramatically improve their play on the road.

nyknickzingis I usually like your posts and find them logical, but this one is wrong on so many levels.

1) Willy will be out of the league before he is a 4. His past, present and future are as a 5. He's in a horrible funk, probably thinking too much, pressing too much -- but he does have skills: as a 5!. If we think he has defensive challenges those will only be amplified at 4, where he will be torched

2) Hornacek is not coaching for his job. And even if he were he wouldn't do anything desperate or different. He played in the NBA and is set with $$. He's doing what he thinks is right. Vets play to show the young guys how to do it in real time. Throwing 5 rookies or newbies out there is a recipe for disaster. You need a blend. Having said that I would agree that it would be nice to have the young guys you mentioned get more PT, but only if they're earning it in practice.

When THJ was in Atlanta, he had to earn PT -- and he was a first round pick who had a great rookie campaign. They even sent him to the D league. I like Baker Dotson and Willy as much (probably more) than the next guy and we should be encouraged by them. But worst thing we can do is gift PT. Horrible for team morale.

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/25/2017  11:07 AM
It's after games like this where I really feel we need an ornery defensive enforcer -- someone who will demand that his teammates don't take plays off on D, even if you're up 17.

We need a ROn Artest who enjoys stops, the way most players enjoy dunks or swishes

(5)(5)
Zebo13
USA
11/25/2017  11:28 AM
Chandler wrote:It's after games like this where I really feel we need an ornery defensive enforcer -- someone who will demand that his teammates don't take plays off on D, even if you're up 17.

We need a ROn Artest who enjoys stops, the way most players enjoy dunks or swishes

Maybe a Noah? I think him coming off the bench might help at this point.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/25/2017  12:15 PM
There’s no way Willy can get his game right if he never plays. He’s shown MUCH more than he has so far but the kid has to play in order to get back into form. I still think Willy has more upside to be realized. It takes time to adjust and develop your reaction speed to the NBA level if you haven’t been playing at game speed and physicality.
Zebo13
USA
11/25/2017  2:18 PM
nixluva wrote:There’s no way Willy can get his game right if he never plays. He’s shown MUCH more than he has so far but the kid has to play in order to get back into form. I still think Willy has more upside to be realized. It takes time to adjust and develop your reaction speed to the NBA level if you haven’t been playing at game speed and physicality.

I don’t know, you’re right about needing PT to get into form, but I suspect a lot of his big games last year were vs lower tier talent and in games that didn’t come close to mattering. Correct me if I’m wrong and you want to do the legwork lol.

Trap game: Knicks gotta handle their business in ATL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy