Rumors In Today's Paper
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/8/2002  5:30 PM
This is from NYKBasketball.com message board

The latest rumor is that NY is willing to send Latrell and Travis Knight to Portland for Rasheed Wallace. They would be willing to substitute Othella or KT for Knight, but they would prefer to keep them both BECAUSE they are working on a deal with Golden State to bring Marc Jackson to NY in a deal next week. The deal is to bring in size WITHOUT giving up Camby. He is the closest thing to untouchable that we have right now. If we could move Spree for Wallace and still land Jackson without giving up Camby, OUCH. Heck, even if we gave up Camby, we could still start Jackson and Wallace inside. That would free Houston up outside as defenses would have to crash down low. I personally think that Spree has held Allan back. Look at their shooting percentage. Houston and Spree are pretty close, but Allan takes more outside shots. Granted, Spree plays with intensity, but so does Sheed. Word is that Wallace is SERIOUSLY on the block. He does have a huge Salary, and Spree could be exactly what the Blazers need to turn their team around. Keep your fingers crossed on this one.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2002  6:09 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

But you have to agree though it's better to have a marquee player at forward or center than it is is to have two marquee guards?

Kidd might be an exception to the rule but you know what I mean.

Yeah, I would still do the deal. Wallace is younger and an overall more dominant player.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/8/2002  6:22 PM
According to Realgm.com, Jerry Stackhouse has told management to try to get 'Sheed as long as they don't trade he or Ben Wallace. Also, the Wiz are trying to work out a deal involving Kwame Brown for Rasheed so the Knicks better act fast. Right now I think the only two things that are untouchable are our first rounder this year and Camby. Also, if the Knicks could work an Othella, Kurt and maybe future first rounder for Jackson I think that would work great, because Jackson could come off the bench and at times the Knicks could use a zone. God, I'm almost salivating at the thought of three big men with Houston shooting the treys. One thing the Knicks need is more consistency off the bench. Also, this is a little random but anyone see how messy MJ's divorce is gonna be. His wife wants custody of the three children, his mansion in Chi-town, and half their property. Christ, the net worth of all of that is unimaginable. I actually feel kinda bad for MJ. Oh, oh, forgot, one more thing before I go, I'm going to the Knicks/Raptors game in mid-February and my dad got seats near the entrance where the players come out. I'm making a sign that says "Vince Fears Clyde" with pictures of 'Clyde' Frazier and Vinsanity. I'm so pumped.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/8/2002  6:38 PM
Hey nice you got a game plan going.

Me myself am gonna go to the Orlando @ NYK game on the 9th of April and the NYK @ Boston on the 12th. Actually I'm planning a trip to Boston work related but I want a little something something while I'm there so I'll definitely catch these two games.

Now just to get tickets..

Back to the subject though, with Rasheed and Camby we would have no big need for Jackson. Sure we could try a trade but this shouldn't be our big focus. Besides, weren't we planning on trading a PG to them for Marc? Why the talk of hanging on Othella/KT for Marc?? They lack a PG right and we got some "expensive" PG's to trade.

"just don't give up any draft picks Layden, or at least not one for the upcoming two drafts."
Knixkik
USA
1/8/2002  6:41 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Hey nice you got a game plan going.

Me myself am gonna go to the Orlando @ NYK game on the 9th of April and the NYK @ Boston on the 12th. Actually I'm planning a trip to Boston work related but I want a little something something while I'm there so I'll definitely catch these two games.

Now just to get tickets..

Back to the subject though, with Rasheed and Camby we would have no big need for Jackson. Sure we could try a trade but this shouldn't be our big focus. Besides, weren't we planning on trading a PG to them for Marc? Why the talk of hanging on Othella/KT for Marc?? They lack a PG right and we got some "expensive" PG's to trade.

"just don't give up any draft picks Layden, or at least not one for the upcoming two drafts."
Thats cool me and a couple friends are going to the April 12th game in Boston as well. I'd love to go to new york, but tickets are too hard to get at this point. I would also love to see Wallace in a Knicks uni before then.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/8/2002  6:47 PM
I know where you're coming from, I'm really ticked off at that ticketmaster website as I never seem to get through or he doesn't find any tickets available while I knwo they aren't sold out. I go back to the states at least once a year for a little holiday but I'm glad I can combine it with business for once.

I'm tired of using a ticketbroker here as I'll have to pay his fee too but I'm going to try and call a ticketmaster clerk or something to get me the tickets.

Hey I'll let you know where my seats are when I get them, I'll be with an older colleague of mines and maybe some other dutch representatives from the convention. (boring I know)
BigSm00th
USA
1/8/2002  8:49 PM
I agree with a post earlier, saying if we got 'Sheed, there'd be no need for Jackson and I agree. Instead of depleting our front line, we should go after Artest or another small forward to take a small burden off Houston's scoring load, but not get someone who is good enough to be the number 1 man instead of Houston. I would give Chicago Eisley or Ward (preferably Eisley) and Harrington or Thomas (preferably Thomas) for Artest. We can only hope though, as if we have a starting lineup in after the deadline of Jackson, Houston, Artest, Wallace, and Camby, we've improved immensely. Also, getting rid of the one of the poing guards allows us to draft one of the many good young ones coming out.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
1/8/2002  8:52 PM
Actually, I just checked on RealGM.com, and Artest only gets $1 million and change so the best thing for the Knicks would be to work out a three teamer with Portland involved. I'm working on one now.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/9/2002  4:30 AM
We could always try this deal as well, we'd get Artest and Oak to rectify our Salary structure somewhat as his contract is ending..

Chicago trades: Ron Artest $1,241,760 to New York
Chicago trades: Charles Oakley $7,526,750 to New York
TOTAL: $8,768,510

New York trades: Othella Harrington $2,475,000 to Chicago
New York trades: Charlie Ward $5,110,000 to Chicago (plus Trade Kicker $814,500)
TOTAL: $7,585,000

TRADE ACCEPTED
Knixkik
USA
1/9/2002  9:07 PM
I can't see Detroit getting Wallace because they have nothing that could bring him in besides Stack and Ben Wallace. If they want to build for the future the Washington package is pretty nice, but if they want to win now, they should go with a Sprewell and Thomas package in my opinion. I agree though, new york needs to act fast because this is a great opportunity.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2002  9:14 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I can't see Detroit getting Wallace because they have nothing that could bring him in besides Stack and Ben Wallace. If they want to build for the future the Washington package is pretty nice, but if they want to win now, they should go with a Sprewell and Thomas package in my opinion. I agree though, new york needs to act fast because this is a great opportunity.

And in the same strain of thought, I can't see a Wallace for K Brown trade go down either. Does Washington have any other cap filler to match up with Wallaces' conntract?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rumors In Today's Paper

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy