[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What stands out
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/22/2017  8:16 AM
1. McD

"The Knicks 26.4 net points per 100 possessions with @dougmcdermott and @kporzee on the floor together is the second highest net rating among duos who have played at least 130 minutes together. Also, though very limited run so far (17 total minutes), one of the best lineups in the league is: KP, Kanter, Jack, Lee, and...McBuckets. 129.5 ORtg, 83.8 Drtg, Net of +45.7"

McD should be considered for a starting role. His BBiQ and decision making is far superior to that of Timmy, these stats confirm the eye test. Not to mention the shooting. Only...it is not happening, the biggest contracts start - otherwise one begins to wonder a bit about FO competence.

2. KOQ

Should have been traded while hot to make room for Willy/Noah. Don't overcook.

3. December

Crucial stretch as far as playoff aspirations considered. Easy schedule, should get close to 20-10 record by Xmas. January will be brutal and we will get butchered on the road. If we finish December only at 0.500, playoffs may be a longshot.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/22/2017  8:29 AM
Yeah O'Quinn is the guy that needs to be moved. Hopefully we can do it before his stock drops. He does this every year. Has a real hot stretch then seems to trail off a bit. But it doesn't take away the fact that he is still a very good backup center who can help a lot of playoff teams.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/22/2017  9:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:Yeah O'Quinn is the guy that needs to be moved. Hopefully we can do it before his stock drops. He does this every year. Has a real hot stretch then seems to trail off a bit. But it doesn't take away the fact that he is still a very good backup center who can help a lot of playoff teams.

why you go saying this? Don't you know 29 other NBA teams don't know this? Now they will!!!

I agree in principal but we have a winning record and playoffs a distinct possibility. Perhaps we over value KOQ at the moment and its only november. Once December rolls around and free agents can be traded perhaps we can get a back up guard in return if Baker can't perform to his level last season and Sessions continutes to play below his reputation.

With Willy and Noah on the bench it makes perfect sense to trade KOQ for value that does not have cap implications. At the same time, if he expires and walks thats not terrible either.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/22/2017  9:42 AM
teamsport72 wrote:1. McD

"The Knicks 26.4 net points per 100 possessions with @dougmcdermott and @kporzee on the floor together is the second highest net rating among duos who have played at least 130 minutes together. Also, though very limited run so far (17 total minutes), one of the best lineups in the league is: KP, Kanter, Jack, Lee, and...McBuckets. 129.5 ORtg, 83.8 Drtg, Net of +45.7"

McD should be considered for a starting role. His BBiQ and decision making is far superior to that of Timmy, these stats confirm the eye test. Not to mention the shooting. Only...it is not happening, the biggest contracts start - otherwise one begins to wonder a bit about FO competence.

2. KOQ

3. December

Crucial stretch as far as playoff aspirations considered. Easy schedule, should get close to 20-10 record by Xmas. January will be brutal and we will get butchered on the road. If we finish December only at 0.500, playoffs may be a longshot.

And there is the hypocrisy of Jeff benching Willy for defense. McDermott has earned a spot over THJR and Beasley, he moves without the ball better than anyone on the team.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/22/2017  9:51 AM
I think it doesn't matter when we trade him. If goobers on a sports board can notice he's up and down all the time, I believe it's not a secret from the rest of the league. Mike Crispino and Brendan Brown were mentioning it almost every game last year, too (ESPN 98.7FM). Probably a factor in why ESPN radio let Crispino go. Detrimental comments to a Knick's player's trade value.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/22/2017  10:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:Yeah O'Quinn is the guy that needs to be moved. Hopefully we can do it before his stock drops. He does this every year. Has a real hot stretch then seems to trail off a bit. But it doesn't take away the fact that he is still a very good backup center who can help a lot of playoff teams.

You'll almost always get a better return for a player the closer it is to the trade deadline so i don't have any problem with us waiting until around the trade deadline to make any trades unless we get blown away with an offer before then.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/22/2017  10:13 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

And there is the hypocrisy of Jeff benching Willy for defense. McDermott has earned a spot over THJR and Beasley, he moves without the ball better than anyone on the team.

How has he earned a spot over Timmy?? Timmy has been playing good all around basketball putting up not only points but assists and rebounds as well and he's doing this without him having his shot being on like we know it can be. He hasn't even had one of those Timmy games where his 3 ball is on point yet. I love me some McBuckets but Timmy has earned that starting spot by doing a little bit of everything.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/22/2017  10:29 AM
I like McD as our starting SF......Timmy or Lee as our starting SG

People forget McD is a big guy. He's bigger and taller than Timmy and Lee.

And McD and Kanter are both known as bad defenders. But as Kanter mentioned, all the negative talk from knick fan Im sure, about their bad defense plus coach stressing defense. Thats why you see McD and Kanter with improved defense, to match their stella offense.

Kuz must have been really bad. Because we were thin at SF before we let Kuz walk.

I agree, KOQ should've been traded....But it's not like everybody is knocking on the door asking about KOQ. I'm sure Perry doesn't want to start any rumors unless it's official. Plus KOQ looked like the perfect compliment to KP and Kanter off the bench, earlier in the year. I'm sure the coaching staff wasn't expecting that.

I think the way Hornacek has his rotation set, KOQ is still a big part of that. And still showing some value as a glue guy off the bench for a playoff or championship team. Just like OKC wanted Melo to help them get further into the playoffs. Unfortunately we are starting to see why fans (like myself) thought Melo was overrated, as far as a lead guy you build around.

But McD and Kanter have been playing out of their mind. And with our hole at SF, isn't it interesting when our only legit SF (McD) enters the game, we start to look like a dangerous team. Lee and Timmy rotating at SF works on offense, but not on defense.

The good thing about McD game, is he's instant offense off the bench. Thats keeps the scoring balance consistent with the starting lineup.....If not better according to the stats.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo

11/22/2017  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2017  10:54 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

How has he earned a spot over Timmy?? Timmy has been playing good all around basketball putting up not only points but assists and rebounds as well and he's doing this without him having his shot being on like we know it can be. He hasn't even had one of those Timmy games where his 3 ball is on point yet. I love me some McBuckets but Timmy has earned that starting spot by doing a little bit of everything.

Because based on the stats McDermott is playing better than Timmy.
Here is a look at 82games http://www.82games.com/1718/1718NYK.HTM

And it's pretty accurate in terms of his production helping the team more than Timmy's at this point.

McDermott has been playing BETTER all around basketball than THJR and we shouldn't be playing people based on the off chance that he finally has "one of those games".

Again I am OK with THJR playing - I am calling out Jeff on his hypocrisy, when you set the standard that your players need to earn their minutes you need to apply that standard to ALL your players. Jeff failed to do this with Melo and Rose and is now failing to do it with Timmy. He will also predictably fail to do it with KP

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/22/2017  11:11 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

And it's pretty accurate in terms of his production helping the team more than Timmy's at this point.

McDermott has been playing BETTER all around basketball than THJR and we shouldn't be playing people based on the off chance that he finally has "one of those games".

Again I am OK with THJR playing - I am calling out Jeff on his hypocrisy, when you set the standard that your players need to earn their minutes you need to apply that standard to ALL your players. Jeff failed to do this with Melo and Rose and is now failing to do it with Timmy. He will also predictably fail to do it with KP

Isn't MCd playing mostly against opposing teams 2nd unit?

ES
Knixkik
USA
11/22/2017  11:23 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

You'll almost always get a better return for a player the closer it is to the trade deadline so i don't have any problem with us waiting until around the trade deadline to make any trades unless we get blown away with an offer before then.

Yeah that is fine. I see it happening between Dec 15 and the deadline. And O'Quinn has been great for us. Eventually, Kanter, Willy, and Noah will be the 3 centers, with Porzingis playing center in spurts. I just see no way we resign O'Quinn, so hopefully we can get some value for him.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/22/2017  11:23 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

I believe it goes back to Timmy playing out of position. You put Timmy at the 2, maybe McD at the 3. Bring Lee off the bench, save him for a possible playoff run. He's 33. I know he's playing great, but if Hardaway wasnt ready to step in that would be another matter. I doubt THJ at the 3 is permanent.

meloshouldgo

11/22/2017  11:39 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

I believe it goes back to Timmy playing out of position. You put Timmy at the 2, maybe McD at the 3. Bring Lee off the bench, save him for a possible playoff run. He's 33. I know he's playing great, but if Hardaway wasnt ready to step in that would be another matter. I doubt THJ at the 3 is permanent.

My only point is Jeff isn't using the same set of rules for everyone. McDermott has better stats at the three let him start. THJ can start at the two - I have no issues with that. THJ will never be a 3, we should try to really evaluate McDermott at that position as a starter. Any rebuilding coach would have already made the switch.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/22/2017  12:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

Isn't MCd playing mostly against opposing teams 2nd unit?

Exactly what I was going to say. He’s guarding backup 3’s while THJR is playing vs starting 2’s.

GustavBahler

11/22/2017  12:03 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

2. KOQ

3. December

My only point is Jeff isn't using the same set of rules for everyone. McDermott has better stats at the three let him start. THJ can start at the two - I have no issues with that. THJ will never be a 3, we should try to really evaluate McDermott at that position as a starter. Any rebuilding coach would have already made the switch.

Timmy is considered part of the franchise's future. He's playing better than most fans expected, certainly me. McD is a short termer at this point. Its like with championship prize fights. You cant just edge a starter out, you have to beat them soundly for the job.

McD is also playing better than expected, but I dont believe he has seperated himself from Hardaway, to the point where Timmy should lose the starting job. Too soon.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/22/2017  12:13 PM
Been saying for a while as good as O'Quinn can be, and as nice a teammate in regards to cheering and supporting the guys from the bench he is, I think we should move him because longterm should be our focus.

This should be our longterm rotation

Kanter/Willy/Porzingis
Porzingis/Thomas
Hardaway/McDermott
SG/Dotson
Frank/PG

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/22/2017  12:15 PM

2. KOQ

3. December

Regarding #1 -- if McBucket's is having that kind of impact in his current role -- why change right now?

I've never understood the desire to pack all your best assets into 1 starting line-up.

There are 48 mins in every game - every minute is important and as long as we have the right 5 in going down the stretch -- that works for me.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/22/2017  12:18 PM

KOQ always gets exposed because of a few key items.

- he is a knucklehead (he can hide it short term but it always surfaces over time)
- his only offensive move is jab-step and flat set shot (he is flawed everywhere else in terms of scoring the ball)
- he commits DUMB/SILLY fouls (again he is a knucklehead)

He is a talented player but I think his NOGGIN holds him back.

Hoping he can play at a high level leading up to 12/15 date and maybe be moved for value at another position.

GustavBahler

11/22/2017  12:23 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

KOQ always gets exposed because of a few key items.

- he is a knucklehead (he can hide it short term but it always surfaces over time)
- his only offensive move is jab-step and flat set shot (he is flawed everywhere else in terms of scoring the ball)
- he commits DUMB/SILLY fouls (again he is a knucklehead)

He is a talented player but I think his NOGGIN holds him back.

Hoping he can play at a high level leading up to 12/15 date and maybe be moved for value at another position.

O'Quinn does stupid stuff, but he sees the floor well for a big. Precision passing at times. Very good court awareness. Its like O'Quinn thinks he's at the Y sometimes, not MSG.

Knixkik
USA
11/22/2017  12:28 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Been saying for a while as good as O'Quinn can be, and as nice a teammate in regards to cheering and supporting the guys from the bench he is, I think we should move him because longterm should be our focus.

This should be our longterm rotation

Kanter/Willy/Porzingis
Porzingis/Thomas
Hardaway/McDermott
SG/Dotson
Frank/PG

I agree. The primary roles to fill long-term are backup PG and starting wing.

What stands out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy